Chong Li Enters Mortal Kombat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luminatus
The fate of our world is taken out of Liu Kang's hands and placed in

dNagP95khvA

His.

Obviously this is Movie Mortal Kombat.

Chong must fight the following.

1. Fodder guy Liu fought first
2. Scorpion (in Scorpion's realm. Well guess it was supposed to be the Netherealm)
3. Reptile (in human form)
4. Goro
5. Shang Tsung

He gets rest between each bout. Well assuming he survives.

So how does he do?

Rogue Jedi
Scorpion pwns him, hard.

Mindset
Scorpion should be higher on the list.

Well I guess it doesn't matter, anyone of them kill him.

Luminatus
Explain? His flame blast is his only safe bet for winning. Cage showed nothing that would put him above Chong and he fought Scorpion pretty evenly.

And Reptile gave almost-end-of-movie Liu a tough fight. Obviously he's stronger than the guy Cage fought. And duh Goro and Tsung > Scorp.

The movie MK characters were all pretty much human in speed and strength.

KingD19
Johnny had the shadowkick...

Luminatus
I'll check in a sec but didn't he only use that in Annihilation?
And one special tech doesn't mean much. Look at Liu's bicycle kick..can he defy gravity for a long period of time at any other point? No.

Rogue Jedi
Johnny Cage would kick the shit outta Chong.

KingD19
Truth be told, Chong doesn't have enough agility to fight any of the Mortal Kombat foes. And Liu Kang could also turn into a weird looking dragon.

Luminatus
Who needs agility when you have strength and durability?

I want anyone here to show me a single feat of strength from Cage that's even on the level of busting a brick. Dux and Jackson could crush bricks no problem and Chong could tank their hits.
So while it's not a superhuman feat it's better than any feat Johnny or Reptile showed. Because...they didn't show any lol

As for Liu's Animality, I don't count that. I'm only trying to think of the good first movie, not the crappy second one.

Jackson destroys bricks at 3:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8xXz9ddZI0

Chong li owns Jackson at 7:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi5Px4dcAPw

Far as I see, he's stronger than Cage or Reptile.

KingD19
Considering that the only reason Goro was defeated was because of a nut shot, I doubt Chong Li is strong enough to beat him a straight fight, although a low blow isn't out of the question.

Durability and strength are a no factor when you have the lizard/rope/spear/snapping turtle thing Scorpion had. Chong isn't fast enough to dodge that. Plus I don't think fire is good for his health.

And Scorpion, Goro, Reptile, Scorpion and Shang would whoop his ass. After all, Goro would manhandle him, Scorpion and Reptile would out technique him, and Shang would do whatever he did when he trapped all those other souls.

Luminatus
Goro was being staggered by Cage's punches and then was knocked off a cliff. The nutshot had no lasting effect other than giving Cage time to find a better battle arena.

he was still hurt by Cage and heck, even Art knocked him back with a flying kick.

Also I gotta rewatch the fight with Reptile but I don't remember him displaying any damage Chong couldn't take and then dish right back.

Shang is definitely gonna beat him but that's because he's the stronges ton Team MK.

Luminatus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLMJmxoxmGg

Okay. I think at the start Reptile knocks Liu through a stone wall or something right? Forgot about that. Upon watching it again I agree Reptile probably beats him.

KingD19
Just re-watched the Goro fight, since he and Chong are near the same speed range, it comes down to strength, which Goro has more of, going by the movie.

Scorpion would wreck him

Reptile kicked Liu Kang through several feet of solid stone. He also kicked him through the air, and up a small flight of steps, then several feet through the air against a wall.He would also wreck Chong.

Just like Van Damme, everyone but Goro has speed enough to take him down without getting a hit laid on them.

And BTW, Johnny used the Shadow Kick on Scorpion before went to the other realm.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Luminatus
Who needs agility when you have strength and durability?

I want anyone here to show me a single feat of strength from Cage that's even on the level of busting a brick. Dux and Jackson could crush bricks no problem and Chong could tank their hits.
So while it's not a superhuman feat it's better than any feat Johnny or Reptile showed. Because...they didn't show any lol

As for Liu's Animality, I don't count that. I'm only trying to think of the good first movie, not the crappy second one.

Jackson destroys bricks at 3:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8xXz9ddZI0

Chong li owns Jackson at 7:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi5Px4dcAPw

Far as I see, he's stronger than Cage or Reptile. Johnny Cage is, as said in MK, "One of the best martial artists in the world."

KingD19
As for the brick breaking thing, you don't put the force of busting a brick behind every single hit. You have to focus and build up, you can't just jab and break one.

six6six
The only guy Chong Li beats here is "the fodder guy". The rest would own Chong big time. Chong beat a bunch of Jabroni's and when he got to Dux he had to cheat and still lost. Hell, he almost lost to Jackson if Ray weren't such a dumbass, he could've won. No contest, MK all the way. Btw, doesn't Johnny Cage from MK1 look exactly like Dux when he fights Chong Li? The ball hitter move was also stolen. laughing out loud

six6six
It must be the tights & sash...

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/MKWarrior2009/Micro%20Heroes%202008/JohnnyCageMK1.png

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm107/jjb_19/bloodsport.jpg

BruceSkywalker
Scorpion ftw

Luminatus
Pussy was being knocked around by Johnny Cage who ha sno strength feats. He gets knocked around by Chong. Hell Art could have won that fight if he actually fought smart.

All it takes is removing Goro from his vertical base. Hit his knees, break a leg and get him down.

Chong's finishing move is better, too.

Explain. Chong Li finds the same shield Cage did and it's over.

Fair enough. But like I said, one special move doesn't equal average power or speed.

You need to watch the scene with Jackson again....

quote]Johnny Cage is, as said in MK, "One of the best martial artists in the world."

Oh my. And Chong being the champion of the Kumite must mean nothing. I'm sure the Kumite is a gathering of the weakest losers of the fodder dojos of the world.

He was taking Dux's hits no problem and beating the shit out of him until JCVD got the Heart powerup (what I call when the hero is clearly down but inspiration makes them get up again somehow). Also did you not see how he took down Jackson with a few hits once he got back up? Ray had no chance. Dux knew his strength be useless unless he went for Chong's gut.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by KingD19
And BTW, Johnny used the Shadow Kick on Scorpion before went to the other realm.

More specifically he used it "as they went" to the other realm.

Johnny performed the Shadow Kick, but Scorpion warped them both into his realm before it could connect.

See 1:11 to 1:19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2McbQrH0qI0

six6six
Originally posted by Luminatus
He was taking Dux's hits no problem and beating the shit out of him until JCVD got the Heart powerup (what I call when the hero is clearly down but inspiration makes them get up again somehow). Also did you not see how he took down Jackson with a few hits once he got back up? Ray had no chance. Dux knew his strength be useless unless he went for Chong's gut.

Dude, I don't know what fight you're watching, but you can clearly see that Dux pwns Chong Li. CL may have got a few good hits in, but thats it. Then he had to cheat like a b!tch which is the ONLY time he had the upper hand on Dux. Beating the shit outta Dux? I don't think so. As for the Jackson fight, yes, he did put away Jackson fairly quick after he was down, but Jackson early celebrating like an idiot gave CL plenty of time to recover and he also left himself wide open thinking CL was still hurt. And also, that whole brick breaking thing, it was quoted by Chong Li himself, "Very good. But brick not hit back!"

_wpVAdA7Oo0

QSk76V6JKY4

Rogue Jedi
Yup. Dux was pwning Li, then Li threw cocaine in Dux's eyes.

KingD19
I wondered why he started acting all trippy.

Rogue Jedi
haermm He was in the zone.

KingD19
Since he won under the influence of cocaine, did he cheat?

Rogue Jedi
Wasnt cocaine.

KingD19
I know, I was attmepting to keep the joke going, but ehh, wasn't that funny anyway.

Luminatus
Let's count the hits.
-Kick to the face at start
-Jumping kick to chest and knocked down. Up again with no damage
-Kick to chest
-Kick to face Chong unharmed.
-Dux with double kick to the face and then one to the chest/gut. Chong totally unphased except for his gut.
-Dux with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 kicks to the face while Chong doesn't even nven notice them, blocks his last kick and sends him flying with one punch.
-Chong hits Dux's gut and tosses him away, Dux rolls out of it and recovers
-Dux with a jumping kick to the face which knocks Chong down but he gets up and shrugs it off.
-he gets split kicked or whatever you call that after Dux jumps over him
-Dux opens up with a combination on Chong's gut which is the most effective attacks thus far. Like he said earlier, his weak spot is his stomach so Dux only got anywhere by attacking that weak spot. Before that he could do barely anything.
-

Snafu the Great
Boon and Tobias actually considered Van Damme to do Johnny Cage in the game, but Van Damme declined, due to (at the time) his busy movie schedule. I'll bet Daniel Pesina loves Van Damme for giving up the part.

Also, here's a bit of Bloodsport trivia: Aside Johnny using the Nutcracker (an obvious reference to Bloodsport), Bolo Yeung - who plays Chong Li - was 50 years old when he did Bloodsport.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.