Captain America Theory

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jcvaldez
Well I don't know if this post even belongs here, but I was thinking...

We all know that Captain America was assassinated in the comics. And Hollywood is making a movie. I am pretty sure that Marvel is going to bring Steve Rogers and retake his Captain America mantle to coincide with the release of the movie to build up hype!

What do you guys think? Too obvious?

Warrior18
Originally posted by jcvaldez

We all know that Captain America was assassinated in the comics. And Hollywood is making a movie. I am pretty sure that Marvel is going to bring Steve Rogers and retake his Captain America mantle to coincide with the release of the movie to build up hype!

I've entertained the thought too.

The Scribe
Anything to make more money. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm guess it will come with a double gatefold, foil embossed, cover.

Twenty variants, a limited edition glow-in-the-dark cover, and a signed
Ed Brubaker comic signed in his own blood.

eek! confused

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by jcvaldez

I have known about that since Marvel killed Rogers.. He will return soon

Warrior18
Originally posted by The Scribe
Anything to make more money. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm guess it will come with a double gatefold, foil embossed, cover.

Twenty variants, a limited edition glow-in-the-dark cover, and a signed
Ed Brubaker comic signed in his own blood.

eek! confused

Yep.

.........and I would be first in line to buy it.

jinXed by JaNx
I wouldn't be surprised if they hinted at Rogers return, around the movie release but i bet they will wait to see how well the movie does before they bring him back to life. It would be a much larger event to bring him back after a successful movie. But, yeah, it doesn't make to much sense to introduce a new character to the big screen when you have no comic books of that character to sell. Let's face it, thats what these movies are, they are advertisements to move comics and toys. So, i'm sure he will return to the comics as long as the movie doesnt turn out to be a catwoman but i would expect to see a completely different Captain America. I suspect that he will no longer be rocking the american armor. They really should keep him dead though. If they do bring him back they need to do another civil war. Because, i dont know about anyone else but i feel the Civil War really needs a proper follow up. That series failed so hard. It deserved much more attention than just seven issues and a cheap death. I mean, i like how Captain America died, but it really felt like an after thought. His death didn't change anything. After he was killed, the Civil War should have broken out again. Even now, it almost feels like Cap never existed...,unless you read the cap comics.

Chancho
Well it's kind of obvious dummy!

jcvaldez
Originally posted by Chancho

you're annoying!

Indestructible

shut the **** up goggles! your just here to kick shit up. if your gonna kick shit up go to a myspace chat room you ass-clown.

Chancho
Originally posted by Indestructible
shut the **** up goggles! your just here to kick shit up. if your gonna kick shit up go to a myspace chat room you ass-clown.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha... you have now become my target! I will haunt you in every post you make! You are going to be my ***** evil face

jcvaldez
Ha ha ha ha ha ha... you have now become my target! I will haunt you in every post you make! You are going to be my ***** evil face

Dude you really need to grow up. If you're going to comment on something, make it worth it.

jinXed by JaNx

Shenanigans!!!!

Indestructible

oh yea im afraid of a little dink who thinks he is cool cause he can haunt me on threads. You ****in little creep!

Indestructible
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Shenanigans!!!!

I know im sooooooooooooooooo scared of him. im shivering in my boots

PRAYERRUN
I don't think they'd have to bring cap back in the comics to make the movie. I mean Caps life is like a history book. What if they had an old man who once worked with Captain America tell stories to kids. How his life was when he lived in the world war II era, how he came to be in our era, and, finally, his heroic death. Then, if they wanted it too, they could maybe hint that the old man may or may not be Steve Rogers himself, thus indicating that maybe they will bring the old cap back in the comics....or maybe not.

jcvaldez
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
I don't think they'd have to bring cap back in the comics to make the movie. I mean Caps life is like a history book. What if they had an old man who once worked with Captain America tell stories to kids. How his life was when he lived in the world war II era, how he came to be in our era, and, finally, his heroic death. Then, if they wanted it too, they could maybe hint that the old man may or may not be Steve Rogers himself, thus indicating that maybe they will bring the old cap back in the comics....or maybe not.

I'm just saying that it will be a lot of publicity for both the comics and the movie. I would love to see Steve Rogers back again because his death was so anti-climatic and not heroic enough for his legacy.

PRAYERRUN
Yeah, I'd have to agree. I mean Hawkeye's death was a lot more meaningful. (still want them to bring him back, though.)

frommd
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=7994
Looks like Steve Rogers is coming back in time for the movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.