North Korea preparing to launch 2 more missiles, U.S. warns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NuclearWinter

NuclearWinter
All I have to say on this matter is this.

If our President or any of our future Presidents for that matter truly believes that we could just pound North Korea into submission than they are living a dream.

Those who live in America, including myself, can never allow for our government to take a preemptive attack on North Korea, or we can pretty much kiss our asses goodbye.

Why do I believe this? Who in their right mind really believes that after the Korean War (Where China backed North Korea entirely against the United States), that the Chinese would not back them up in any future conflict against us? It wasn't that long ago that the Korean war took place, and the basic reason that we were unable to invade and conquer North Korea during the Korean war was directly related to the fact that China had taken their side in the conflict. It is solid fact.

So....if we are stupid enough as a nation to get back into the 2003 mentality that we have a swift victory against North Korea, we are only kidding ourselves. Not only is the war in Iraq still underway, but the war in Afghanistan is also underway. Still. To this day. And for God knows how much longer. North Korea, on the other hand, is not Iraq. And it is not Afghanistan. And it just so happens to have the other toughest ally out there in the World today, which is indeed Red China.

If you ask me, and you can ask me a thousand times, who will China side with in a war against North Korea, it is not the United States, I will tell you every time that it will be North Korea. I don't care what anybody says. Those two bodies of land have existed right next to eachother for much much much much longer than our Nation America has ever even been in existence. Not only are they both Asian countries.

As a little historical reminder, during the last time the United States and the United Nations attempted to go to war with North Korea, the UN armies pressed north of the 38th parallel with the intent to take over North Korea, and the disorganized North Korean army was unable to stop them. A few UN units actually pressed north to the Amnok (Yalu) River, the border between Communist China and Korea. HOWEVER.... The Chinese warned that they would not accept the conquest of North Korea by the UN and massed for a counter attack. Though less well armed than the UN armies, the Chinese armies were much larger and quickly overwhelmed the UN forces. Some 40,000 U.S. troops were cut off by the advance and evacuated from near Wonsan in mid-December 1950. Seoul was retaken by the Chinese as they pushed south.

Things will not be any different this time around only 59 years later. So unless we are actually attacked by North Korea in any way shape or form, we simply can not allow for our government to bring us into a war that will no doubt in my mind lead us all into the most destructive war the World has ever seen. World War 3.

And besides all that, if anyone on this planet believes that the United States can successfully fight and win (because winning is absolutely important) a war against Iraq, Afghanistan, AND North Korea and China all at the same time, they are also living in a dream.

Bicnarok

Symmetric Chaos

YodaIam
Oh no warez!!

As long as I'm in no danger I don't care what happens.

dadudemon
Originally posted by YodaIam
Oh no warez!!

As long as I'm in no danger I don't care what happens.

No, you mean

"As long as danger, I am not in, care what happens, I don't."

You sorry excuse for a Yoda.

YodaIam
Lazy I a...screw it. I'm just lazy.

jaden101
China won't get involved because it's far more interested in its newly found capitalist society than it is about honouring some 50 year old alliance with a backwards country like North Korea.

Bardock42
Originally posted by NuclearWinter
All I have to say on this matter is this.

Glad you kept it concise and to the point.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Except the reptilians.

And the mutant zombies which will come about because of it.

AngryManatee
Originally posted by Bicnarok
And the mutant zombies which will come about because of it.

And the goddam radscorpions too.

http://planetmedia.gamespy.com/images/00/05/522_radscorpion_screen.jpg

Shakyamunison
It is really going to suck, if you live in Alaska.

Darth Jello
except that the US has a tactical weapon called an E-bomb that causes no direct casualties and renders any enemy weapons requiring an electronic guiding system such as a missile completely useless.

Mindset
emp?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Darth Jello
except that the US has a tactical weapon called an E-bomb that causes no direct casualties and renders any enemy weapons requiring an electronic guiding system such as a missile completely useless.

I think anyone with an A-Bomb can have that awesome effect...but I heard it's not like a cool slow moving blueish wall of energy that passes through humans, but destroying computers in an exploding and awesome manner, which would be really, really cool.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
I think anyone with an A-Bomb can have that awesome effect...but I heard it's not like a cool slow moving blueish wall of energy that passes through humans, but destroying computers in an exploding and awesome manner, which would be really, really cool.

Atomic bombs have a lot of better uses than making an EMP. They also have a lot of nasty side effects.

Bardock42
Atomic bombs have a lot of better uses than making an EMP. They also have a lot of nasty side effects.

Maybe, I don't tend to be well versed in classified high tech military weaponry, I'm just saying that, the "well the US has those" may not be that cool considering that all the...what...7 places with Nuclear Bombs theoretically have the same capabilities.

jaden101
Originally posted by Darth Jello

Which is also why, when a Russian Mig-25 foxbat defected to Japan during the cold war, American scientists laughed at the primitive analogue, valve based technology until the Russian pilot pointed out that during an nuclear attack the 1st thing that happens is a high altitude detonation to knock out electronic equipment and that valve based non electronic systems would still function where as electronic only systems would be ****ed. This is why all cruise missles now have a non electronic back up.

Darth Jello
Electromagnetic bombs damage and disable valve-based analogue electronics too. Not to the degree of electric motors, transistors and integrated circuits but they do disable them.

jinXed by JaNx
This war is going to be so cool.

AngryManatee
Anyone with an A-bomb? What about the guys with H-bombs? That's where the pwn is.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by AngryManatee
Anyone with an A-bomb? What about the guys with H-bombs? That's where the pwn is.

I'm sinking money into gravitational lensing weapons. That's where the real doomsday scenarios are.

Mindset
I'm sinking money into gravitational lensing weapons. That's where the real doomsday scenarios are. So I see you're no longer interested in my Death Ray. sad

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by AngryManatee

I don't know, what about them guys with the weather machines? I hear thats where the real pwnage is.

jinXed by JaNx
I'm sinking money into gravitational lensing weapons. That's where the real doomsday scenarios are.

what the fuk is that? Is that like a weapon that can manipulate gravity? Shit, that would be so awesome. Hows come there are no superheroes that can control/manipulate gravity?

Bicnarok
The mass infection off disease or mind changing drugs to control the population is definitely more effective because the infrastructure remains intact. As opposed to obliterating places which leaves a lot of work.

Hence the fluoride in the water, pointless mass vaccinations etc which the western governments want to bring in to control their "drones"

KidRock
Maybe Obama should have pulled through on his promise to "rid the world of nukes" before he decided to cut down on our nuclear arsenal and cut the budget to our missile shields.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by KidRock
Maybe Obama should have pulled through on his promise to "rid the world of nukes" before he decided to cut down on our nuclear arsenal and cut the budget to our missile shields.

but why on Earth would he do that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.