Chinese laugh at Timothy Geithner's assurances

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://www.gata.org/node/7461

The Scribe
Why do we need to be dealing with Communist China again?

That's right we don't. wink

Bardock42
Originally posted by The Scribe

That's right we don't. wink

Oh, I think you do.

The Scribe
Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh, I think you do.

What? No. cool

The Dark Cloud
We do not need China. Fact is China is becoming the next superpower and we are making it happen. Many say it's inevitable, it isn't. Quit trading with them and their economy tanks. Ours will too, but we will recover faster.

dadudemon
If China wasn't such a "up your ass" government, I wouldn't care if they ruled the world. As long as American stays around where it is, it shouldn't matter. I'd just have to learn Cantonese.

inimalist
Originally posted by dadudemon
I'd just have to learn Cantonese.

Chinese business men already have to learn english to be successful

I don't think it is going anywhere. That there are twice as many english words as the next largest language may assist this. If anything we will see an "Cantonese-ization" of english.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
Chinese business men already have to learn english to be successful

I don't think it is going anywhere. That there are twice as many english words as the next largest language may assist this. If anything we will see an "Cantonese-ization" of english.

You could end up with a system like England (and all those other places that I refuse to name because you damn well know what I mean) had where those in power spoke one language and lower classes spoke another. Languages other than Cantonese could end being displaced if China becomes a dominant global power.

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
You could end up with a system like England (and all those other places that I refuse to name because you damn well know what I mean) had where those in power spoke one language and lower classes spoke another. Languages other than Cantonese could end being displaced if China becomes a dominant global power.

oh, totally

it just makes me laugh when I hear business students talk about how important it is going to be for them to know Asian languages. Look at the Japanese example, they had to learn English to participate in the market as it existed as opposed to American CEOs having to learn Japanese. (though, I obviously see the advantage of a person doing business in China learning the language).

dadudemon
Since I work in IT and computer technologies are one of the fastest growing sectors in china, I will have plenty of job opps over there. Couple that with how "shit our pants over everything" China is, and, presto, I have plenty of opportunity abroad.

I am not even effin' going to attempts to learn the dozens of dialects in india. F*** dat shit.
I was going to learn Japanese just for shits and giggles, as well.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
oh, totally

it just makes me laugh when I hear business students talk about how important it is going to be for them to know Asian languages. Look at the Japanese example, they had to learn English to participate in the market as it existed as opposed to American CEOs having to learn Japanese. (though, I obviously see the advantage of a person doing business in China learning the language).

Well the advantage to learning a language is really more social than practical. It helps alleviate the image of uncouth or arrogant foreigners. My grandfather managed to order a meal in Japan by walking over to a table and asking "Sumimasen, kore desu ka." (Excuse me, what's that?) which was apparently amazing enough that they helped him order a meal.

Also, they can't hide their evil yellow plans behind moonspeak if you know the language fear

Symmetric Chaos
I was going to learn Japanese just for shits and giggles, as well.

I'm learning it partially due to geekiness and partly because it makes a fascinating cultural study (which is also geekiness I suppose).

dadudemon
I'm learning it partially due to geekiness and partly because it makes a fascinating cultural study (which is also geekiness I suppose).

Well, I read so many mangas that I figure I should learn it. I also plan to take several trips to Japan...business and leisure.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
We do not need China. Fact is China is becoming the next superpower and we are making it happen. Many say it's inevitable, it isn't. Quit trading with them and their economy tanks. Ours will too, but we will recover faster.

That's not imperialistic thinking at all.

They're becoming stronger, so we'll stop trading with them in order to beat them to the ground - God bless America.

Seriously, pick up anything in your house, including your computer and see where it is made.

Stop trading with China....ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

dadudemon
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

They're becoming stronger, so we'll stop trading with them in order to beat them to the ground - God bless America.

Seriously, pick up anything in your house, including your computer and see where it is made.

nothing in my house is made in china

It's made in taiwan, india, mexico, the us

lulz jk...everthing, even my poop, is made in china.

Symmetric Chaos
nothing in my house is made in china

It's made in taiwan, india, mexico, the us

lulz jk...everthing, even my poop, is made in china.

I went to a 4th of July parade where they gave out little American flags that said Made In Chine on the spine. So much for patriotism.

Robtard
So some slanty-eyed students laughed, how is this a story about the "weak" American dollar? Considering American sneezes financially, and the rest of the world gets flu-like symptoms.

China is decades away from becoming the Super-Power and it's Government is still investing in the US, me thinks they're better informed than those college students. A lot can happen in decades, pro or against the Chinese.

Robtard
I went to a 4th of July parade where they gave out little American flags that said Made In Chine on the spine. So much for patriotism.

Not sure what that has to do against patriotism.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Robtard
So some slanty-eyed students laughed, how is this a story about the "weak" American dollar?

Asians are good at math. Money is numbers. They are sure to know the truth.

Originally posted by Robtard
Not sure what that has to do for or against patriotism.

Buying American is typically considered patriotic. Also, humor.

Robtard
Overpopulation is seriously gimping their progress, so it's possible they may not be as number-savvy as the stereotype would lead us to believe. Just saying.

Then again, in an all out nuclear-war, there's a better chance that they'll be at least one last Chinaman standing, ergo, winning the war.Maybe Mao was on to something when he orders his minions to pump-away.

lil bitchiness

In New York, Statue of Librety gift shop, mini statues of librety are....Made in China!!

Quark_666
Originally posted by The Scribe

That's right we don't. wink Because we're Capitalists and China has a market.

Magee
The sense of superiority some Americans have will make it all the more funny when your economy completely collapses and China has to help you out.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Magee
The sense of superiority some Americans have will make it all the more funny when your economy completely collapses and China has to help you out.

Something's fishy about this post... shifty

Mindset
The sense of superiority some Americans have will make it all the more funny when your economy completely collapses and China has to help you out. That will never happen, America will be number 1 forever.

We have Brangelina.

What do you have?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Mindset
That will never happen, America will be number 1 forever.

We have Brangelina.

What do you have?

our economical well being in their hands sad

Bardock42
In New York, Statue of Librety gift shop, mini statues of librety are....Made in China!!

Don't see the big deal, the real one was made in France.

The Scribe
Originally posted by Quark_666
Because we're Capitalists and China has a market.

We have markets here too.

My area has, Krogers, Meijer, Wal-Mart.... wink

If America's economy does collapse you will be in even more financial trouble on your little island. evil face

The Dark Cloud

Actually I'm thinking more on economic lines than military ones. I know everything's made in China...that's the problem. Long term it would be better for our economy if we stopped trading with them. If China were successful without us, more power to them.

Robtard

If America's economy 'collapses completely', then China along with the rest of the world will be screwed too. Yes, even Scotland.

Edit: I see 'The Scribe' already pointed that little tidbit out.

jinXed by JaNx
Who cares..,babies cry and die America gets slick and fit
China grows and stews about it's own face value
all the mean while Iraq glows and blows
while hatred and envy boil all over
Usa gets fat lazy and just...a little bit crazy

But it's alright because we got bama now, he'll protect us right? Giving everyone free money. I say that's funny money.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Bardock42
Don't see the big deal, the real one was made in France.

And was a gift from the French...I don't recon Chinese ones were gift. More like ''sensible economics''.

Robtard
Most cheap plastic trinkets are made in China and/or other Asian countries, glad we got that out of the way.

ATX/UT ND Money

China has no choice but to help us, as does most of the world. Their reserves are based on the good ol US dollar which is depreciating in value. China holds large amounts of US debt that will only decrease in value and really can't get get rid of it since there is no market for it and plus would just make things worse. I can see why they would laugh at Geithner though. With our deficit increasing thanks to Obama's large spending we are going to be needing to borrow more money and just making things worse for both countries. GOTTA LOVE GLOBALIZATION smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.