Noz Vs. Megaman, Dante, Prince, Link, Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Obsidian Fury
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/19552/801566-nozdormu_large.jpg

Nozdormu goes up against five enemies with powers over time. Nozdormu may only use one alone incarnation of himself and he may not undo his death. He may also not erase them from history. I don't know if this is a spite thread, since I only know how good time powers Dante has (Stop time).

- Strongest Prince of Persia
- Most time-potent Link

The setting is the Sahara desert.

ScreamPaste
OoT Link can slow time, and travel through it.

Can I ask how we're gonna decide which time power wins? :P

Edit; if Link goes back in time, Dante stops time, Prince goes back in time with Link, slows Noz in time, Link slows everyone but himself in time, Kratos .. Goes back in time with Link and Prince, and they all get drunk... Then we're all confused, we have created time paradoxes, and seperate realities, and we have no idea who wins no expression

Especially considering I'm sure Noz's time control would add more confusion ot the mix.

Everyone wins atleast once in atleast one seperate reality!

Phanteros
prince stops time, fast forwards it, reverses it.

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
OoT Link can slow time, and travel through it.

Can I ask how we're gonna decide which time power wins? :P

Edit; if Link goes back in time, Dante stops time, Prince goes back in time with Link, slows Noz in time, Link slows everyone but himself in time, Kratos .. Goes back in time with Link and Prince, and they all get drunk... Then we're all confused, we have created time paradoxes, and seperate realities, and we have no idea who wins no expression

Especially considering I'm sure Noz's time control would add more confusion ot the mix.

Everyone wins atleast once in atleast one seperate reality!

There will be only one Nozdormu, so no seperate realities. Just there and then. Since Nozdormu is better than them, it's a matter of outmaneuvering him. He'll cancel their spells and apply his own, which they with proper teamwork can cancel as well.

In the end, it comes down to if the teamup is good enough to outmaneuver Nozdormu. As I said, the extent of his time manipulation is limited by their powers. Traveling through time is a fairly useless feat in this battle. It's all about forwarding, rewinding and stopping.

So the concluding question is simple: With his time manipulation being the extent of their powers, is he talented enough to survive? Or is this too much for him to handle? He's not allowed to flee.

ScreamPaste
And gets drunk! no expression

Seriously, with three members of team 2 inebriated this could go poorly. Drunk time travellers could be jerks.

Edit; Well, Kratos only really goes back in time, if I remember right.. K, so the way I see it, Dante bangs the bangle like a drum to keep Noz on his toes while Prince and Link misuse and abuse their time slows and rewinds, and Kratos chases Noz around between time stops trying to strangle him. Megaman helps Kratos, while also time stopping. Link and Kratos go back in time a few times to get drunk pre- battle, and to make sure they get the whole 'beating Noz' thing right.

The Valiant
Spite.

Obsidian Fury
In favor of who?

The Valiant
I'm just sayin'. That's what it seems like it is.

Obsidian Fury
Yeah, I'm just wondering which side is the one getting crushed. From your perspective.

Neo Darkhalen
So vague, this thread is.

Obsidian Fury
Noted. A completely useless and unhelpful comment, but noted. Thanks for helping me do better ones in the future by telling me what I'm doing wrong now. Thanks to you, my next thread will certainly not be vague.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
Noted. A completely useless and unhelpful comment, but noted. Thanks for helping me do better ones in the future by telling me what I'm doing wrong now. Thanks to you, my next thread will certainly not be vague.

/Sarcasm lowest form of wit.
Anyway no need to be a dick about it.

I would think by READING the rules you would understand how to make a good thread, it's not hard as most people have the basic knowledge to learn detail should be required in this section and again the rules back this up...guess you don't read a lot huh?

Obsidian Fury
Sure, I'm the dick.

Reading rules:
1. Check.
2. Check.
3. Check.
4. Check.
5. Check.
6. Check.
7. Check.
8. Unchecked.
9. Check.
10. Check.
11. Check.
12. Check.
13. Check.

The only rule unchecked is rule 8. I didn't post a link on the characters. No one ever does that, so I didn't think it necessary. Not even you do it what few Game Vs. threads you have created, so I have a feeling you're not talking about that. I followed the other rule 8 requirements.

At first I was going to apologize if I offended you, but decided against it after you threw in an insult. So kindly point out what I've done wrong, so I'm not doing the same misstake again.

Neo Darkhalen
At first I was going to apologize if I offended you, but decided against it after you threw in an insult.

Can't expect me not to throw one back the way you spoke to me it's really as simple as that.

As for what I was talking about simple really, a list of weapons; restrictions what specific game version of the characters are we talking about, whats the stage like, can the characters transform if they have in the past etc.

What constitutes strongest, what are the side effects if so prominent with a character obtaining maximum power. Also you should mention the other characters like Megaman, you only really listed 3 combatants in your opening post.

Also since you were considering it and you decided to mention it to me I'll take that as a semi apology. And I'll throw you a semi one back if you felt I was to aggressive with my previous post even though you should have worded your response better.

Obsidian Fury
At first my response consisted of only "Noted", but due to external aggravation I edited it. I interpreted your post unfriendly but should've dealt with it better. I will also suggest that for future times, if you think someone is insulting you, don't insult back. It only elevate the tension.
I admit myself wrong in giving the response that I did.

As for the details in this thread, I don't know as good as anything about anyone. I thought there only was one Megaman, one Dante and only one Kratos.

I didn't bring them up, because I had no intentions of limiting any one of them, which is what the rules require as described. If they are limited, it is supposed to be listed, but since I didn't want to limit them I left them out. I knew there were more than one Link and one Prince, so I gave a rough note of which Link and Prince it was.

When it came to gear, I was under the impression that unless stated otherwise, a character has its standard gear.

Neo Darkhalen
At first my response consisted of only "Noted", but due to external aggravation I edited it. I interpreted your post unfriendly but should've dealt with it better. I will also suggest that for future times, if you think someone is insulting you, don't insult back. It only elevate the tension.
I admit myself wrong in giving the response that I did.

As for the details in this thread, I don't know as good as anything about anyone. I thought there only was one Megaman, one Dante and only one Kratos.

I didn't bring them up, because I had no intentions of limiting any one of them, which is what the rules require as described. If they are limited, it is supposed to be listed, but since I didn't want to limit them I left them out. I knew there were more than one Link and one Prince, so I gave a rough note of which Link and Prince it was.

When it came to gear, I was under the impression that unless stated otherwise, a character has its standard gear.

I agree and my aggravation was also misguided. I am glad we could come to a conclusion on the matter.

I understand you wanted to be as "free" as possible when it came to limiting, however in reality; fact is giving Megaman every single master weapon would make this a very one sided thread with him literally dominating all other opponents.

Gear really should be noted out of convenience as well as when it comes to some characters standard gear can be attributed differently, defining a character also gives a better understanding of the character's gear.

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I agree and my aggravation was also misguided. I am glad we could come to a conclusion on the matter.

I understand you wanted to be as "free" as possible when it came to limiting, however in reality; fact is giving Megaman every single master weapon would make this a very one sided thread with him literally dominating all other opponents.

Gear really should be noted out of convenience as well as when it comes to some characters standard gear can be attributed differently, defining a character also gives a better understanding of the character's gear.

It wasn't as much "wanting to be free" as it was not knowing the characters well enough. The only characters I have somewhat elaborate knowledge in is Kratos and Dante.

You think a maxed out Megaman can take Noz out on his own?

Neo Darkhalen
It wasn't as much "wanting to be free" as it was not knowing the characters well enough. The only characters I have somewhat elaborate knowledge in is Kratos and Dante.

You think a maxed out Megaman can take Noz out on his own?

Yes, he is not only physically strong but as I said combined with master weapons he is a serious threat, for instance from Galaxy man, Megaman can simulate a small black hole.

Obsidian Fury
Nozdormu is not some regular opponent, even if Megaman battle galactic threats. There's a reason why I limited him smile But then again, I don't know too much about Megaman and his timepowers.

The Valiant
Yeah, I'm just wondering which side is the one getting crushed. From your perspective.

Noz.

Phanteros
hurray Prince is finally able to help

Obsidian Fury
You who knows about him really should give him a deserving respect thread smile

NemeBro
Not a good thread.

Megaman can only stop time, Dante can only slow it, Prince likewise. Kratos can travel through it...But Noz is Omnipresent in time. Link needs to play a friggin Ocarina to travel through time lol.

Honestly you have to go to beings who can manipulate time on a scale above planetary to surpass Nozdormu. The only things I can think of that fits that bill right now are guys like Time Trapper from DC Comics.

ScreamPaste
Noz hax :[

Obsidian Fury
Originally posted by NemeBro
Not a good thread.

Megaman can only stop time, Dante can only slow it, Prince likewise. Kratos can travel through it...But Noz is Omnipresent in time. Link needs to play a friggin Ocarina to travel through time lol.

Honestly you have to go to beings who can manipulate time on a scale above planetary to surpass Nozdormu. The only things I can think of that fits that bill right now are guys like Time Trapper from DC Comics.

That's the length I have to go to have anyone rival Noz?

NemeBro
That's the length I have to go to have anyone rival Noz? Imo yeah.

Everyone here is a decent time warper, but Noz has total dominion over the time of Nosgoth and is omnipresent to it, it is hard to beat that without going beyond a planetary level.

Obsidian Fury
Nosgoth stick out tongue

Alright then.

NemeBro
Azeroth...Nosgoth...Whatever.

Obsidian Fury
It's insulting to poor Azeroth to be compared to that 2nd rate planet sad

NemeBro
2nd rate planet?

Overhyped as Kain is the entire series has a brilliant plotline, awesome characters, and the setting is magnificent for the game.

What makes it second-rate?

Obsidian Fury
The hype, pretty much. And that it's but a shadow of the glorious Azeroth stick out tongue I'm well aware of how brilliant the LoK universe is smile

NemeBro
I disagree, I find the plotline and depth of LoK to be far more than that of Warcraft personally.

Obsidian Fury
The plot may be more intriguing in some cases, but the depth? Besides, it's not easy to compare the two. LoK has a basic line of plot. Warcraft is hundreds of separate ones.

NemeBro
LoK has a shorter plot.

Shorter=/=Less depth.

Star Wars has far more written of it than Lord of the Rings, but Lord of the Rings has far more depth.

While Warcraft may have more separate stories, I personally do not believe it is as captivating as that of LoK's.

The Valiant
Not a good thread.

Bangle of Time.

NemeBro
Cannot recall what that is G.

Obsidian Fury
LoK has a shorter plot.

Shorter=/=Less depth.

Star Wars has far more written of it than Lord of the Rings, but Lord of the Rings has far more depth.

While Warcraft may have more separate stories, I personally do not believe it is as captivating as that of LoK's.

It's a matter of interest, I guess smile I'd never pick LotR over SW, or LoK over WC in this matter, but I'm bias stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.