Super Mario Galaxy 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mandrag Ganon
Nintendo press confrence announced a new 3D Wii Mario Game: Super Mario Galaxy 2.

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2008/01/31/super-mario-galaxy-2-sequel-on-nintendos-shigeru-miyamotos-mind-on-top-of-new-zelda-and-wii-fit-balance-board-games.htm

S_D_J
the single greatest game on Wii is getting a sequel!

great!!!

Mandrag Ganon
Coming out 2010 according to Reggie.

Morridini
Lovely, this is just the working title right? Or will it be a direct sequel?

Mandrag Ganon
Looks like a direct sequel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBQaxx7mF5Q

And we get Yoshi in it this time. big grin

S_D_J
direct sequel... it's essentially more of the same... but with yoshi smile

Ridley_Prime
Yoshi? Interesting..

Black Yoshi
*sigh* I'm so glad Yoshi's in this game. I can tell by the trailer that he'll have some new abilities.

Barker
It's weird suddenly seeing more titles worth buying for the Wii.

BackFire
Originally posted by S_D_J
the single greatest game on Wii is getting a sequel!

great!!!

That.

Can't wait.

Neo Darkhalen
So how's this going to work?

Bowser wasn't happy the first time so he's just going to do the exact same thing he did in the first?

He's also giving his minions power stars again, diden't he learn last time that was a bad idea.

XanatosForever
Yes, well we all know Bowser isn't brightest star in the sky. Har har, see what I did thar?

Impediment
Cool. I just hope that Nintendo will implement the same formula of the first SMG, but go a different angle this time. It'd be a terrible shame to just put out another copy of the first game, but with new levels.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Impediment
Cool. I just hope that Nintendo will implement the same formula of the first SMG, but go a different angle this time. It'd be a terrible shame to just put out another copy of the first game, but with new levels.
Yeah...

To me it already looks all the same except with Yoshi and new some levels, but it'll still be great nonetheless since it's Galaxy and all.

Shadow_King
I still have not playead the first one and i was wondering if its any good??

Morridini
It didn't win Game of the Year (over-all, not just for the Wii) in every major gaming-site by chance, so yes, definitley good.

Peach
If you liked Mario 64, you'll like it.

If not...you probably won't.

Darth Jello
I haven't really even played the first Galaxy for more than 5 minutes so I'm not sure what to say about this one. I know I won't get this or the first one until I a.finally find a job and b. beat Super Mario Sunshine which I think is harder than the Lost Levels.

Shadow_King
How are the controls for the game??? Would i have to use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk??

S_D_J
Originally posted by Shadow_King
How are the controls for the game??? Would i have to use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk??

pretty much, because it's a Wii game stick out tongue

if you mean motion control... barely, with a few exception, it's mostly waggle any of the two to attack erm

still great game though

Black Yoshi
I just hope Yoshi's moveset in the next SSB game will be influenced by his abilities in this game. Although it isn't sanitary, Yoshi should be able to use his tongue as a tether recovery in SSB4 since he's been doing that in Yoshi's Story and this game.

S_D_J
Mario Galaxy 2 hitting North America on May 23!

eek! May 23?!

So close...

Screenshots:

Mario Galaxy 2 screenshots are f*cking gorgeous

Trailer

New Super Mario Galaxy 2 trailer shows off drill power-up

Can not wait!

S_D_J
Hands On:

Back in the saddle with Yoshi in Super Mario Galaxy 2

I simply don't care it this feel as an expansion, I had so much fun with the first one, it'll feel like an over sized DLC

Indeed!

BackFire
Wow, way sooner than I was expecting. Was actually half expecting this to not even come out this year.

AsbestosFlaygon
Hoo hum... not really interested.

I'm pretty sure my lil bro's going to buy this crap anyway laughing out loud

S_D_J
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Hoo hum... not really interested.

I'm pretty sure my lil bro's going to buy this crap anyway laughing out loud

You're crap anyway 131

stick out tongue

Darth Jello
Now that I've played Galaxy all the way through on both Mario and Luigi modes I have pretty high expectations. Galaxy was the first game or any form of media in a looooong time that actually made me tear up (no spoilers but if you've played it, you know what I'm talking about). I just hope if there's another Luigi mode, that that green shit lays off the coffee and invests in some OSHA approved shoes that actually have traction.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by S_D_J
You're crap anyway 131

stick out tongue
No sense in feeding the troll yo.

Morridini
This game just scored a 10/10 at IGN; http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1091239p1.html

Seems like it is even better then SMG1.

Won Fei Fon
From a gameplay standpoint Super Mario Galaxy was probably the greatest game that's ever been made so if SMG2 really does improve upon it it's set to be something truly special. That being said definitely not liking the shift from the Comet Observatory hub to the 2D Mario maps. I know it doesn't really impact the core gameplay, but something about it, for me anyway, added a lot to the overall experience. But yeah, this has got me seriously pumped.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Morridini
This game just scored a 10/10 at IGN; http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1091239p1.html

What!!!

they did score GTA4 a 10 erm

anyways: CAN NOT WAIT TO PLAY THIS!

Ridley_Prime
I'm probably gonna wait 'till my birthday early next month to play it. mmm

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Morridini

IGN isn't worth trusting when it comes to ratings.

MGS4 and GTA 4 get 10s but Uncharted 2 gets a 9.5?

Still, I'm gonna have to get Super Mario Galaxy someday because I don't like playing sequels without playing its prequel.

Won Fei Fon
Given how badly MGS4 assrapes Uncharted 2 in literally every area of gaming that really wasn't a very good example. In fact I probably wouldn't give any game a straight out perfect score but if I had to for one game it would probably be MGS4 (unbelievably good story, gameplay, visuals and sound). It's the only game that truly excels in every department. Uncharted 2 on the other hand would at best score in the 7 regions.

Morridini
I'd reverse that, MGS4 in the 7's and Uncharted 2 in the 9-10s.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
IGN isn't worth trusting when it comes to ratings.
Or when it comes to just about anything.

Case in point, their top 100 "villains" list that was posted here.

No End N Site
Uncharted 2 is the shit...and the urine.

Phanteros
Ign is like Xplay, they can't be trusted.

Ridley_Prime
Pretty freakin' much.

S_D_J
played it for like 2 hours... loving it so far

Impediment
I'll buy it this weekend. I cannot wait to play this game!

kgkg
All I have to say is this game is amazing if you like SMG than you will love this game. So far I'm half way done and damn enjoying every bit it a lot more than SMG the variety and different game play element is a good change.

Game play: 10/10
Music: 10/10
Graphics : 9/10

Game Overall: 9.9/10

I just hope the New Zelda game will be this good.

aarenlainey
Pretty nice game. I love playing this game. Single player is awesome and fun playing. Super Mario Galaxy 2 is more of what made the original so amazingly good: brilliant gravity platfoming. Incredibly tight and responsive controls. Fantastic musical score.

Smasandian
It's well made and a lot of fun.

But its the same as the first. Almost identical.

No End N Site
I was over a friend's house and played this game like 6 hours straight. This is a VERY fun game. Kinda "trippy" too.

sunnyday
awesome!

Smasandian
Not as good as the first I think.

That spring powerup is bullshit.

Ridley_Prime
OMG wuts dis guiz?!

Oh1uexrKEJI

This game may have become a thousand times easier because of that, but imma refrain from using that glitch.

Darth Jello
Galaxy managed to capture a certain feel and emotion that no Mario game has really been able to since maybe Mario 64 or even Mario RPG. While I love Galaxy 2, I just don't think it's as good as the first.

Ridley_Prime
Agreed.

Smasandian
I also agree.

I didn't finish it. I think the first one was a extremely well made game and while it was hard, it was also forgiving.

Galaxy 2 is a bit tougher so it broke that balance. Some stars are complete bullshitters.

Darth Jello
I'm taking a break so it'll be awhile before I finish the green stars and the final two insane stars.

I think this game could have used 15% less difficulty and 170% more Rosalina.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, I thought the lack of Rosalina in this game was kinda gay. Still haven't finished it yet though.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I'm taking a break so it'll be awhile before I finish the green stars and the final two insane stars.

I think this game could have used 15% less difficulty and 170% more Rosalina.

Yeah, I would agree with that.

It's too difficult for me. It's not the "I just need to learn" difficulty, but "I'm ripping my hair out because its so ****ing cheap".

Ridley_Prime
The prankster comets feel more like an annoying chore than they are fun, especially this time around.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The prankster comets feel more like an annoying chore than they are fun, especially this time around.

Exactly.

The ones where you have to collect bad guys is completely insane and annoying.

I just didn't get a sense of wonder like I did with the first.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.