Captain America Reborn?????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willRules
Check out the link......

http://newsarama.com/comics/060902-Cap600.html

Seems with Cap #600 coming out and with the Reborn miniseries, Marvel is about to turn the Captain America line on it's head.....again.

General consensus is that this chronicles the return of Steve Rogers.

So anyone have any thoughts, predictions etc etc?????

willRules
I hope they don't bring Steve back it still seems too soon.....

I'm hoping it's something more along the lines of Osborn's own version of Captain America for his Dark Avengers, seeing as Bucky Cap is with the underground, new Avengers, it's possible Osborn is setting someone like his son, Harry who just joined his dad in Spidey #595, as a possible evil version of Cap.

I'd much prefer that than Cap's return, although the massive media push from Marvel would suggest it's something like Cap being back....

.....oh well at least it's written by Brubaker so I'm sure it'll be cool.....

The Nuul
Dont bring him back yet, they have a good team on this.

For sure getting it.

Bentley
My guess is that something about the super soldier serum will be revealed or simply something about the past of Steve. Think about it: If the issue is about Cap's past deeds the best way to write a story that revises the past is precisely by dropping hints during the short flashbacks they get. Maybe the serum will be found and synthetized to make H.A.M.M.E.R. an army of super soldiers, maybe we will find that finding Cap in the artic or having him taking the serum were not random events (maybe Bucky was meant to get the serum from the beginning), maybe it Cap wasn't Steve Rogers from WW2. I think there are several surprises that are possible, I guess that the reborn name is the main suspicion.

I don't truly think they will resurrect Cap, but I don't have any real guesses since the story arc hasn't started.

tjcoady
Has anyone seen the "Cap 600" preview in "New Avengers 53?"

...It's girl-Bucky from the "Heroes Reborn" universe.

Darth Vicious
I think its too soon to bring Steve back (as much as I want him to return). hopefully Marvel aint trying to copy the "Rebirth" concept from DC.

willRules
Well it has to be a fairly big and simple concept, considering the massive amount of press coverage expected for it (supposed to be as big as Civil War's press which was big.) This seems to point towards Cap's return.

However I'm still hoping it's the creation of a new, Dark Avenger's Cap or something like that, or perhaps the 1950's Cap who fought Bucky on Brubaker's run of Cap is joining the Dark Avengers, claiming to be Rogers....

-V-
Screw Steve.

Let him stay dead: I've been reading Captain America since before Bru's run and it's the most interesting it's ever been with Barnes as Captain America, I'd be more than happy with Rogers never coming back. I think it makes the Marvel Universe more realistic, if some what bleaker and in the current climate I think that's almost fitting; a new Captain America that a new generation can relate to.

jalek moye
i love steve, but i want him to stay dead. I hate when chars are brought back to life even if i really like them

steverules_2
Chances are that in the near or further future....Steve is gonna come back, but then maybe marvel will surprise us and actually keep him dead

willRules
Well I think comic fans (myself included) tend to be overly skeptical sometimes. Everyone thought it was bad idea to bring Bucky back, but once Brubaker had done it, it was awesome.

Killing off Steve Rogers? No way, how would the title work without him. It worked awesomely.

Who's the new cap? We don't need one. It better not be Bucky, he's a soviet soldier now, it'd be awful. Bucky's the new Cap? That's awesome!

Now, Steve Rogers might be coming back and I'm complaining.......

...........then again, he might not be......

steverules_2
Marvel has a tendency to bring back dead characters...especially popular ones

jalek moye
Originally posted by willRules
Well I think comic fans (myself included) tend to be overly skeptical sometimes. Everyone thought it was bad idea to bring Bucky back, but once Brubaker had done it, it was awesome.

Killing off Steve Rogers? No way, how would the title work without him. It worked awesomely.

Who's the new cap? We don't need one. It better not be Bucky, he's a soviet soldier now, it'd be awful. Bucky's the new Cap? That's awesome!

Now, Steve Rogers might be coming back and I'm complaining.......

...........then again, he might not be......
but you realize that would be made pointless if he came back so soon. Bucky would not be capt anymore and his death and the stuff from it would be for no reason.

they should atleast wait a few years

Warrior18

However I'm still hoping it's the creation of a new, Dark Avenger's Cap or something like that, or perhaps the 1950's Cap who fought Bucky on Brubaker's run of Cap is joining the Dark Avengers, claiming to be Rogers....

I think you are spot on here.

I can't see them bringing Steve back if ever for quite some time.

roughrider
Wait & see how the 2011 release of the movie CAPTAIN AMERICA plays into Marvel's decision making.

willRules
Originally posted by Warrior18
I think you are spot on here.

I can't see them bringing Steve back if ever for quite some time.

I hope so. I'd much prefer it. yes

starlock
I cant wait for Steve to return....i am not a fan of brubakers run nor was i a fan of killing cap......Bucky's reveal as winter soldier was good though...but i dont see the greatness in brubakers run....not at all interested in bucky as cap...i for one would be thrilled to see steve back and it cant be too soon.

roughrider
Brubaker is the best Cap writer I've ever seen - at least since J.M. DeMatteis in the early 1980's. And it's not just because Bucky's taken the mantle.

Darth Vicious
If its true, I cant wait to get out of work and get this already. Not because I wanted it to happen (not this soon anyways) but It happens.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/060915-Cap-Reborn.html

jalek moye
yay Happy Dance

Phantom Zone
Yup Steve is coming back, but I dont think hes coming back just yet but he will be. Next time they try to kill Steve off again well remember what Brubaker said "Yeah we killed him off for real this time blah blah blah."

roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.8368.Reborn_Revealed

"We've been planning the story of Cap's return virtually from the moment that he died,"

Lets hope he does something cool like kick Wolverines butt when he comes back.

Philosophía
Captain America: Rebirth Reborn ?

haermm

Phantom Zone
Hey get out this is a marvel thread you dont belong here. miffed:

BruceSkywalker
Check out the link......

http://newsarama.com/comics/060902-Cap600.html

Seems with Cap #600 coming out and with the Reborn miniseries, Marvel is about to turn the Captain America line on it's head.....again.

General consensus is that this chronicles the return of Steve Rogers.

So anyone have any thoughts, predictions etc etc?????

I knew Rogers would return, I just did not know when..

So whats gonna happen with Bucky?

jalek moye
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I knew Rogers would return, I just did not know when..

So whats gonna happen with Bucky?
hopefully winter soilder again

but this makes him becoming cap really pointless considering how short of a time he had

willRules
Or maybe Rogers will return so he can officially pass the mantle of Captain America on to Bucky.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by jalek moye
hopefully winter soilder again

but this makes him becoming cap really pointless considering how short of a time he had

yeah thats true..

Bucky back as Winter Soldier , that has a nice ring to it

Entity
I like bucky as Cap. He should stay Cap IMO

-V-
I'm sure Brubaker'll stay true to Bucky, I can't help but feel when reading Captain America he's more fond of Barnes than he is of Rogers; I'm glad that if Rogers has to come back it's Brubaker bringing him back, I have total faith in the writer's ability and he clearly has a pretty cohesive plan for his run on the book.

It'd be nice to see Rogers (especially temporarily) come back and allow Barnes to retain the Captain America title, I'm sure Rogers would be really proud of him actually.

Darth Vicious
Anybody read it yet?

willRules
Originally posted by -V-
I'm sure Brubaker'll stay true to Bucky, I can't help but feel when reading Captain America he's more fond of Barnes than he is of Rogers; I'm glad that if Rogers has to come back it's Brubaker bringing him back, I have total faith in the writer's ability and he clearly has a pretty cohesive plan for his run on the book.

It'd be nice to see Rogers (especially temporarily) come back and allow Barnes to retain the Captain America title, I'm sure Rogers would be really proud of him actually.

Totally agreed yes

Kazenji
So how did Steve Rogers survived if he got a bullet in the head ?

Kazenji
Reborn Trailer

http://marvel.com/videos/725.Reborn_Trailer

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Kazenji

What? He didn't... that was one bullet in the shoulder and three in the stomach.

Kazenji
Still a couple of bullet......

what is he now stronger then wolverine all of a sudden for healing.

Kris Blaze
Still a couple of bullet......

what is he now stronger then wolverine all of a sudden for healing.

There are people who have survived far worse....

Disappear
Originally posted by -V-

brubaker mentioned around the point of killing steve that he was ending the first of three acts in his "captain america epic." since we've already hit the 25-issues that could indicate a "second act," it stands to reason that steve returning could be the beginning of act three.

BruceSkywalker

I think Tony, Sharon Carter and Steve set everything up

Darth Vicious
I think Tony, Sharon Carter and Steve set everything up

IDK about Sharon but perhaps Tony had something to do with it.

willRules
His whole series though hasn't really been about Steve, it's been about Bucky, right from issue #1. Hopefully Bucky won't be a lost cause in all this media storm that Marvel is keen to stir.

docb77
Captain America: Reborn...

Sounds a little like Heroes: Reborn to me. That one didn't do too well did it?

The Nuul
Originally posted by docb77
Captain America: Reborn...

Sounds a little like Heroes: Reborn to me. That one didn't do too well did it?

Well, Leob isnt a part of this one and this isnt a bunch of revengeful artist backing it.

Badabing
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-37.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-02-22.jpg

The Nuul
http://newsarama.com/comics/060916-CapReturn.html

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/060916-Cap-Reborn-Preview.html

Spoilers ahead....

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Badabing
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-01-37.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/th_Untitled-Scanned-02-22.jpg

good scans

Badabing
good scans I was like shock when I read the book.

willRules
Well just read the first issue and a lot certainly happened.......

Red Skull and Arnim Zola used a special ammunition when they had Faustus brainwash Sharon Carter. The shots unstuck Rogers in time and the time platform (see Cap #43) was supposed to bring him back. Sharon foiled their plans. The first issue explains this as well as presenting scenes where Steve's consciousness from the present inhabits his body in the past in a few moments from his past. This is obviously teasing for his return where somehow his consciousness needs to get back into a present body.

At least the issue didn't do a Flash Rebirth and ignore it's most recent protagonist. Unlike Wally West, Bucky's still getting a lot of important roles in this so far.

AlmightyKfish
This issue was slightly insane.

And oweing a lot to Lost. And by a lot I mean the entire plot that will allow Steve to come back to life.

willRules
Well they still have to provide a physical body to return in since his actual body would have decayed and withered. Unless they bring him back as a frail Steve Rogers and just let Bucky be Cap.

Hopefully they won't do anything stupid and have a Steve's consciousness in Bucky's body.

...as for LOST, am I the only one hoping we see the REAL John Locke in the final season? smile

Ryo 666
Never a fan of Steve, his comic until he died was interesting but I enjoyed the story not him really. Bucky as cap is awesome, as soon as cap comes back I'm gonna drop it from regulars, not gonna waste money on Cap knowing what I'm missing.

willRules
I just read an interesting prediction from a poster on Newsarama. They suggested that when Steve returns (as shown in Marvel's Decembers solits- a pic of a both Steve and Bucky holding the shield up together) Bucky should remain as Cap and Steve Rogers should become the next director of SHIELD!

I really like that idea. It can accommodate both characters, fits into Steve's character and allows for Bucky to remain as Cap.

If that were to happen it'd be highly ironic, as at the end of Civil War, to rebuttal rumours of Cap's death Marvel solicited a fake series supposedly starring Steve Rogers. It featured Iron-Man looking very, very similar to how Iron-patriot looks now and was titled "Steve Rogers, Director of SHIELD"

Alpha Centauri
That's be a good angle to work.

To see Steve coming to terms with the fact that he has to change the way he does things, but not sell out his ideals. He can be the spirit he always was, but in a better way than he can be as Cap.

-AC

willRules
Agreed. Plus it lets Bucky be Cap! Happy Dance

starlock
I for one hope Steve becomes Cap and stays Cap........i never bought the whole...Bucky was alive the whole time/Winter soldier bull that Brubaker did......i might just be one in the minority who does not see this recent Bucky as Cap a good thing...but then i am not a big fan of Brubakers run on Cap, so his whole run has not felt right to me......i cant put my finger on it...maybe it has something to do with comics as a whole these days.

The Nuul
http://i.newsarama.com/marvelnew/dec09/ 17_captain_america__who_will_wield__the_shield__on
e_shot_1.jpg

roughrider
I just read an interesting prediction from a poster on Newsarama. They suggested that when Steve returns (as shown in Marvel's Decembers solits- a pic of a both Steve and Bucky holding the shield up together) Bucky should remain as Cap and Steve Rogers should become the next director of SHIELD!

I really like that idea. It can accommodate both characters, fits into Steve's character and allows for Bucky to remain as Cap.

If that were to happen it'd be highly ironic, as at the end of Civil War, to rebuttal rumours of Cap's death Marvel solicited a fake series supposedly starring Steve Rogers. It featured Iron-Man looking very, very similar to how Iron-patriot looks now and was titled "Steve Rogers, Director of SHIELD"

What's Nick Fury going to do for a living, then?

Much as I like change, what's irritating about comics is that change seems to never be permanent. We know it's inevitable that Steve will be Cap again someday, so why go on and buy in to all the things that will happen before that?

The Nuul
Maybe Nick dies?

Newjak
Actually an angle I think would be very nice and sly for Marvel to pull would be to let Bucky stay as Cap, and have Steve take over for training the Initiative if he was going to take a government job.

Seriously who better to train the upcoming newbies in the ways of being a hero.

It would be a sweet way to explore Steve more as a teacher which I think would suit him very well.

willRules
Originally posted by roughrider
What's Nick Fury going to do for a living, then?

Much as I like change, what's irritating about comics is that change seems to never be permanent. We know it's inevitable that Steve will be Cap again someday, so why go on and buy in to all the things that will happen before that?

Nick hasn't been in chage of SHIELD for well over half a decade now. I'm sure he wouldn't get his nickers in a bunch if Rogers was running the show.

What kind of enjoyment do you get out of comics? confused

I mean what was the point in him dying if we know he's gonna come back? What's the point in reading about Captain America at all if we know that the good guys will win at the end of the day? For that matter what is the point in reading any comic anywhere that has any element of predictability?

willRules
By the way, I have no idea of knowing what will happen to Rogers when he returns, it was just posted by a random poster of Newsarama and I liked the concept.

Although I also agree with Newjak that Cap would be a great initiative instructor.

roughrider
Nick hasn't been in chage of SHIELD for well over half a decade now. I'm sure he wouldn't get his nickers in a bunch if Rogers was running the show.

What kind of enjoyment do you get out of comics? confused

I mean what was the point in him dying if we know he's gonna come back? What's the point in reading about Captain America at all if we know that the good guys will win at the end of the day? For that matter what is the point in reading any comic anywhere that has any element of predictability?

It's just with the release of the Captain America movie less than two years from now, the feeling that he will be forced back into the costume just in time for that, seems to cheapen the effect of his death at the end of Civil War. It was very symbolic, because in a sense he was killed not by the sniper and the secret gun, but by the American people as a whole. Yes, intellectually I knew he would return in some way someday, but it's not feeling like the right time to me.

tjcoady
Originally posted by The Nuul
Maybe Nick dies?

Maybe he pulls a Daredevil, the same way Matt did with the Hand, and becomes the leader of one of his oldest foes?

"Nick Fury: Agent of Hydra" wouldn't be a book I'd mind reading.

tjcoady
It's just with the release of the Captain America movie less than two years from now, the feeling that he will be forced back into the costume just in time for that, seems to cheapen the effect of his death at the end of Civil War. It was very symbolic, because in a sense he was killed not by the sniper and the secret gun, but by the American people as a whole. Yes, intellectually I knew he would return in some way someday, but it's not feeling like the right time to me.

I know what you mean. Another year would have been good with me: give Bucky some more solo adventures that don't revolve around the whole Cap death thing, like that bit that took place in China with the OG Torch (that was an awesome story!), and then start the whole bringing Cap back thing.

But it seems like they're rushing Cap's return. I'm more or less okay with that, because everything Brubaker has done on the title has been pretty great.

Alpha Centauri
The most obvious circumstance is that the status quo is returned. I wouldn't say that's cheap, just expected and not as adventurous.

I'd love to see Bucky stay as Cap, but dare I say it, will they kill Bucky off again?

-AC

willRules

Ah, right I see. Well I'm just trusting in Brubaker on this one. Hopefully it won't be misplaced trust. yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.