What newly announced 2010 Nintendo title are you looking foreward to most?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
Assuming any of us have disposable income in the next year. Which of these recently announced Nintendo games are you looking to most? I'm assuming all titles are tentative-

Super Mario Galaxy 2-Pretty self explanatory

New Super Mario Bros. Wii-2D Mario game with 4 player simultaneous play

Mario and Luigi 3-Sequel on DS involving controlling and playing inside Bowser

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks-Sequel on DS including trains and controlling armored sidekicks

Metroid: Other M: Prequel to Zero Mission from the team that made Ninja Gaiden

Something rumored that hasn't been announced yet such as Star Fox Wii or Zelda Wii

Peach
I'll go with something not yet officially announced - new Wii Zelda.

None of those that are currently announced I'm at all interested in, except for the DS Zelda, but frankly that just seems really weird and not very Zelda-like.

Darth Jello
I would rank Zelda over Metroid any day, but didn't simply because I didn't like Phantom Hourglass all that much, especially compared to Tingle's Rupeeland which they didn't even release in the US due to political reasons.

Peach
I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass, it was a pretty good game. I've never cared for Metroid, though; and with Mario, I don't care for the 3D ones and I've already played SNMB so why would I want to play it again? No point. Mario in general is getting pretty stale.

Ridley_Prime
*votes Other M without a second of hesitation*

Darth Jello
Maybe they'll finally release Tingle's Rupeeland in the US? I'm replaying it right now and I think it would appeal to a lot of people affected by the economic crisis in a big way considering the whole game is more or less an attack on free market capitalism.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Peach
I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass, it was a pretty good game. I've never cared for Metroid, though; and with Mario, I don't care for the 3D ones and I've already played SNMB so why would I want to play it again? No point. Mario in general is getting pretty stale.

Did you just say that you don't think Zelda: Spirit Tracks is not-Zelda like and that makes you less interested, but then say Mario is getting stale?

Isn't that contradicting?

Peach
Not at all.

Nemesis X
If I had a Wii I'd be looking forward to Raving Rabbits Go Home but I don't have a Wii so I won't look forward to it.

Darth Jello
Update. the game is now called Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Ridley_Prime
Bowser's inside what?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Bowser's inside what?

laughing out loud

Darth Jello
Well, most of the game apparantly involves the mario bros. inside bowser controlling his actions.

Black Yoshi
I'm looking forward to "Super Mario Galaxy 2" the most for obvious reasons.

Also, I'm looking forward to the remake of Pokemon Silver. I think it's called "Pokemon SoulSilver" or something.

Ridley_Prime
Yep. Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I'll probably be one of the only ones getting HG for that matter.

Smasandian
Not at all.

Why not?

NemeBro
Bowser's inside what? Popular opinion says Princess Peach.

Peach
Originally posted by Smasandian
Why not?

Why would it be?

There is a difference between a series having staple elements and a specific feel that are nearly always present and essentially re-creating the same game over and over again, sometimes without even bothering to hide the fact that it's just a simple remake and nothing at all new.

It's a pretty large difference, in fact.

So, not even close to contradictory.

Neo Darkhalen
Mario and Luigi RPG3 simply because you can play as Bowser; and Fawful is the main villain.....FAWFUL!

And yes Mario and Luigi are inside Bowser for quite a while. So it becomes a matter of using both, for instance Bowser will be able to suck up foes so that the Mario bros can fight them inside.

BackFire
Why would it be?

There is a difference between a series having staple elements and a specific feel that are nearly always present and essentially re-creating the same game over and over again, sometimes without even bothering to hide the fact that it's just a simple remake and nothing at all new.

It's a pretty large difference, in fact.

So, not even close to contradictory.

Mario Galaxy had more new and unique elements than Twilight Princess did.

To the topic, Mario Galaxy 2, definitely. Mario Galaxy was the best Wii game yet released. It made the purchase of the system worth while all on its own. Can't wait for the sequel.

First_Tsurugi06
Where the hell is No More Heroes 2 on that list? I know it's Ubisoft, but it's still a Wii exclusive. It was probably at least one of my top 5 favorite Wii games, and it shoed just how satisfying one-button combat can be when done well. They were also smart not to bother with having every single attack assigned to the Wii-remotes swinging, because that's honestly my pick for the most worthlessly abused funtion of the Wii amongst the third-party shovelware and one or two first-party games.

Amongst the list, I would have to say Super Mario Galaxy 2. SMG was among the best Wii games I'd played that also made some of the best use of the Wii's motion controls. I'm not surprised that they'd simply continue on with the Galaxy concept, since that's alread a pretty grand-scale thing to use in the first place. It also has Yoshi, which is all that SMG ever lacked.

I also can't help but stress that Metroid probably was the ideal series for Nintendo to team up with something like Team Ninja for. If there was any Nintendo character with as much flashiness as someone like Ryu Hayabusa, my pick would be Samus.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Popular opinion says Princess Peach.

laughing

Neo Darkhalen
I guess the only other releases I am looking forward to are Kingdom hearts 258/2 days and Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth.

Peach
Originally posted by BackFire
Mario Galaxy had more new and unique elements than Twilight Princess did.

To the topic, Mario Galaxy 2, definitely. Mario Galaxy was the best Wii game yet released. It made the purchase of the system worth while all on its own. Can't wait for the sequel.

I'm going to have to disagree. SMG felt just like SM64 to me (just with added hand-waving), and had none of the "ooh this is neat" factor that SM64 did the first time I played it.

First_Tsurugi06
and had none of the "ooh this is neat" factor that SM64 did the first time I played it.

SMG was the first one to HAVE that kind of factor SINCE SM64. Where TP refined the core innovations introduced by OOT, SMG innovated what was since introduced by SM64. Just because something did something first doesn't mean it did it better. Case in point, SMG and TP, due if only to the higher tech.

Besides, all we got from Yoshi in SM64 was 100 lives and bearing witness to his suicide.

Smasandian
TP was just a highly polished OoT.

SMG did alot more things differently than OoT ever did.

Barker
Never was a huge Zelda or Metroid fan, so Galaxy 2 for me as well.

Though I have no idea why you didn't put down Heart Gold or Soul Silver as options.

Peach
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
SMG was the first one to HAVE that kind of factor SINCE SM64. Where TP refined the core innovations introduced by OOT, SMG innovated what was since introduced by SM64. Just because something did something first doesn't mean it did it better. Case in point, SMG and TP, due if only to the higher tech.

Besides, all we got from Yoshi in SM64 was 100 lives and bearing witness to his suicide.

And I can't agree. I do not like SMG at all. It held none of the fun factor for me that SM64 did at first, and got incredibly boring much, much faster than SM64 initially did (now, I'm fed up with the tediousness of that game in about five minutes). I at least liked and was interested in SM64 for a while.

Neo Darkhalen
I obtained all 150 stars in the DS version, then 131 the second time though...honestly though I couldn't play it again.

I think Banjo has more creative levels imo.

Peach
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I obtained all 150 stars in the DS version, then 131 the second time though...honestly though I couldn't play it again.

I think Banjo has more creative levels imo.

I think I only got 70 when I played it on the N64, before I got fed up entirely and quit?

I had it for my DS, because it was all I could afford to get when I bought my DS. I played the little minigames and that's it - I played the actual game itself for about 10 minutes before remembering how irritating and boring that game had gotten, along with the terrible controls to throw it off even more. I ended up trading it in a couple weeks later and getting Animal Crossing instead.

Smasandian
The controls for SMG are very good. I never died because of the controls but my lack of skill.

Quincy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl-Stars!!! aweshock

Peach
Originally posted by Smasandian
The controls for SMG are very good. I never died because of the controls but my lack of skill.

Wasn't talking about the controls in SMG - I never mentioned them once.

I personally have issues with the motion controls in Wii games in general, but that's just because the nunchuk sits very uncomfortably in my hand and causes my hand to cramp up very badly after about half an hour.

S_D_J
I'm very tempted to say Metroid: Other M

.... but I'm going with the safe bet, so Galaxy 2

Smasandian
Wasn't talking about the controls in SMG - I never mentioned them once.

I personally have issues with the motion controls in Wii games in general, but that's just because the nunchuk sits very uncomfortably in my hand and causes my hand to cramp up very badly after about half an hour.

I know.

You were talking about the controls in the DS version of Mario 64 and that the controls for SMG were very good.

Black Yoshi
Yep. Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I'll probably be one of the only ones getting HG for that matter.

Yeah, I thought so. The second generation was my favorite generation of Pokemon.
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06

Yep, and that was a big disappointment. At least he had a somewhat bigger role in Super Mario Sunshine.

Neo Darkhalen
Although Yoshi did become playable in the DS remake.

S_D_J
Isn't NSMB Wii coming out this year... or is it 2010?

BackFire
I'm going to have to disagree. SMG felt just like SM64 to me (just with added hand-waving), and had none of the "ooh this is neat" factor that SM64 did the first time I played it.

Liking it isn't really what I'm talking about. It's actual fact - Galaxy had more new and experimental things than Twilight Princess did.

The altering of Gravity and the adding of a new dimension of movement is a big one, this very much changes gameplay and becomes a pretty major addition as you progress through the game, it creates new challenges and even some visual puzzles that simply had never been in Mario games before. Also the entirely new tone and atmosphere that was unlike any other prior Mario game, as well as the tiny planets that made up the levels was new and unique.

I like Twilight Princess very much but I can't think of a single new or ground breaking thing that it did. It was very much stapled in the past, which is one of the few consistent criticisms that the game had in many reviews - that it was stale and felt dated in many ways. Which is why it's no surprise that Nintendo has hinted that their next Zelda game will try some new things and change many staples of the series - because it's time.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by NemeBro
Popular opinion says Princess Peach.
haermm

Originally posted by Quincy
Super Smash Brothers Brawl-Stars!!! aweshock
Eww, no. **** that.

Originally posted by Black Yoshi
Yeah, I thought so. The second generation was my favorite generation of Pokemon.
Same.

Originally posted by Black Yoshi
Yep, and that was a big disappointment. At least he had a somewhat bigger role in Super Mario Sunshine.
And an even better role in SMG2, hopefully. That was really the only flaw with the first Galaxy IMO.

Darth Jello
So here's more stuff we're getting in '09 and '10 that I didn't enter on the poll since I wasn't aware of it or it wasn't announced.

Metroid Prime Trilogy
An as yet untitled Zelda game for the wii
A Kid Icarus game that's been delayed since 2008 cause of some problems.

Also based on some problems, there probably won't be a new Star Fox game for awhile.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.