Is 2008 the year of comic book hero's?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Indestructible
There was other years that were good. 2004 gave us X2, Spider-man 2, Punisher and Catwoman(god awful pieace of shit). In 2002 there was Spider-Man and Blade II. In 2005 Batman Begins, Fantastic Four, Elektera and V for Vendetta. This year we had Watchmen and Wolverine. But none of these years match up to 2008. We had Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Hellboy II, Hancock, Wanted, Punisher: War Zone, The Spirit, and of course The Dark Knight. There will be other hero movies. In 2010 there will be Jonah Hex, Green Hornet, and Iron Man 2. In 2011 there will be Thor. Maybe Spider-Man 4. Maybe another Batman. In 2012 there is gonna be Captain America, Maybe a Superman reboot, and THE AVENGERS! But are any of these years gonna beat out 2008. In my mind I think 2008 deserves the title of the year of comic book hero's.

roughrider
X2 was in 2003, and Hancock isn't based on a comic.
You could make a case 2008 was a special breakthrough, due to Iron Man & The Dark Knight. Roger Ebert thinks so - that those two films transcended their roots for something greater.
Personally, I like to think of this decade as the one Comics Took Over The Movies - another golden age; rather than any single year.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.