TDK question that's been bugging me!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
So. I love The Dark Knight, but there's one scene in particular that's bugged me since I first saw it. Right before the Joker crashes the party that Bruce Wayne throws for Harvey Dent, there is a scene in which Bruce Wayne walks in on a couple making out, and then proceeds to open up a secret panic room and enter. The chick in this scene campily says: "Thank God you've got a panic room!" Now; I always interpreted this (her line of dialogue) as a lame attempt at comic relief and I didn't even consider that maybe it was supposed to be a serious line until my friend brought this up. I always thought that this line took away from the overall suspense of the scene. Now, my question: was that chick's line comic relief/sarcasm/a joke or was it meant to be serious?

PANDAxMoNiUm
Well you see.
The chick was serious, Like, She was stoked that Bruce had a Panic room.
BUTTTT
I believe what was meant to be funny was that he just goes in and leaves them chilling outside.
You Know?

SnakeEyes
Yeah, that's how I interpreted it. But I also thought that she could've been like "Thank God you've got a panic room... *so me and this guy can make out longer*" you know?

Mindset
I'm pretty sure she was glad he had a panic room so she would have a better chance of not getting shot in the face, but that's just my take on it.

SnakeEyes
Yeah I know that would make sense, but something about the way it was delivered just didn't seem that way to me though. Eh.

TheMercurial
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Yeah, that's how I interpreted it. But I also thought that she could've been like "Thank God you've got a panic room... *so me and this guy can make out longer*" you know?

No, I definitely think it was meant to be more of a "Thank God you have a panic room, because we're freaked out by the noises we heard going on out there."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.