FC Darkseid vs Imperiex Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
in respect to the other thread. which cosmic event villain wins this one?

quanchi112
Imperiex Prime, easily.

Enyalus
Gotta go with Nipple Man here...

TricksterPriest
He can't hurt Darkseid in this form. Imperiex falls to Anti-life.

I really don't think people understand just how absurdly powerful Darkseid was in FC. erm

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
He can't hurt Darkseid in this form. Imperiex falls to Anti-life.

I really don't think people understand just how absurdly powerful Darkseid was in FC. erm Dude, beatman mortally wounded him with a gun. Imperiex wins this.

Enyalus
Imperiex vaporizes Darkseid's body with a handwave. Then Darkseid can't do anything to Nipple Man.

At best its a stalemate.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by quanchi112
Dude, beatman mortally wounded him with a gun. Imperiex wins this.
Oh god, do you even know why it was to fatal?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Imperiex WTFpwns DS with ease

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Oh god, do you even know why it was to fatal? Radion. I read these comics.

TricksterPriest
SCHMUCK. Radion kills IDEAS. How is Imperiex going to destroy an abstract concept? Dear god, do even possess the cognitive ability to follow a path of analysis? facepalm

quanchi112
SCHMUCK. Radion kills IDEAS. How is Imperiex going to destroy an abstract concept? Dear god, do even possess the cognitive ability to follow a path of analysis? facepalm Radion kills new gods. Quit believing the hyperbole. I guess by your reasoning Odin is omnipotent. Imperiex Prime wins.

Enyalus
TP...I'll agree to a stalemate.

You game?

TricksterPriest
Radion kills new gods. Quit believing the hyperbole. I guess by your reasoning Odin is omnipotent. Imperiex Prime wins.

What hyperbole? The part about Radion killing ideas is fully backed by FC and Grant Morrison himself. What the f**k? Didn't you read the story? And Odin did not collapse the multiverse under his own power or do any of the crazy shit DS did in FC.

Originally posted by Enyalus
TP...I'll agree to a stalemate.

You game?

Though I personally believe Darkseid wins........I will accept your offer.

Stalemate it is. thumb up In return, please explain to Quan about how Radion poisoned the idea of Darkseid, and why it's not hyperbole. big grin

quanchi112
What hyperbole? The part about Radion killing ideas is fully backed by FC and Grant Morrison himself. What the f**k? Didn't you read the story? And Odin did not collapse the multiverse under his own power or do any of the crazy shit DS did in FC.

Stalemate it is. thumb up In return, please explain to Quan about how Radion poisoned the idea of Darkseid, and why it's not hyperbole. big grin Odin affected the multiverse in battle before. Ds won through the ale and nothing more. He didn't bring down the multiverse under his own power in combat or anything and was still soundly defeated.

It's hyperbole. It killed Ds plain and simple. Ds showed no more power than usual in combat. He had the ale theentire time and prep and he still got his ass handed to him and wasn't even the major villain in his own story.

Imperiex wins.

xJLxKing
Odin affected the multiverse in battle before. Ds won through the ale and nothing more. He didn't bring down the multiverse under his own power in combat or anything and was still soundly defeated.

It's hyperbole. It killed Ds plain and simple. Ds showed no more power than usual in combat. He had the ale theentire time and prep and he still got his ass handed to him and wasn't even the major villain in his own story.

Imperiex wins.
hysterical2

Enyalus

Stalemate it is. thumb up In return, please explain to Quan about how Radion poisoned the idea of Darkseid, and why it's not hyperbole. big grin

So I get it right in explaining...Darkseid's the dark side of the Source, meaning he's 'evil' conceptualized, right? And the Omega Force is some kind of primordial concept of destruction, up there with DC's entropy?

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
hysterical2 What is untrue?

TricksterPriest
Eyyy.....close. Darkseid is evil as a concept, but he would also be corruption, order, and anti-life as a concept.

The Omega Force is a primordial power, but up there with Entropy? I dunno. It's never fully been explained, aside from it being a dark power connected to the Source.

Radion isn't just some radioactive or energy material, ala kryptonite. Otherwise it wouldn't have done to Darkseid what it did in FC. It kills concepts, ideas. The New gods in of themselves represent ideals and concepts. Scott Free as Freedom, Orion as Chaos, Darkseid as Order, Highfather as creativity, etc.

Though, Desaad might fit better for corruption, given his origin.

Enyalus
Eyyy.....close. Darkseid is evil as a concept, but he would also be corruption, order, and anti-life as a concept.
He represents order, too? no expression

The Omega Force is a primordial power, but up there with Entropy? I dunno. It's never fully been explained, aside from it being a dark power connected to the Source.
I just remember it coming from the Omega Realm in Superman/Batman, which someone...either you or Allan, told me was retconned. So meh.

Radion isn't just some radioactive or energy material, ala kryptonite. Otherwise it wouldn't have done to Darkseid what it did in FC. It kills concepts, ideas.
Okay. I get that and agree. But while it isn't just a tangible material, it is a material capable of being reproduced by matter manipulators with cosmic awareness. wink

....I wonder if Takion can create it? no expression

Though, Desaad might fit better for corruption, given his origin.

I hate Desaad. Srsly.

TricksterPriest

He represents order, too? no expression

I just said that corruption is part of his portfolio, but Desaad probably fits it better.

I just remember it coming from the Omega Realm in Superman/Batman, which someone...either you or Allan, told me was retconned. So meh.

The Omega Pit is where Simonson said it came from. The Omega Realm is from S/B. no expression Do you really want to try claim that has priority over Kirby and Simonson, two writers who are actually good? Not to mention numerous continuity **** ups in that story. Like the Wonder Staff. It's not in the Source Wall. TAKION HAS IT. Or Batman handling it with no gloves? Or Desaad even using it to begin with? Or using the staff to restore Darkseid's powers? Seriously, that book was crap.

Okay. I get that and agree. But while it isn't just a tangible material, it is a material capable of being reproduced by matter manipulators with cosmic awareness. wink

Bullshit. I'll fight you, Goober, and any other punk who wants to claim that. uhuh No one in the entire history of the new gods has ever matter manipped Radion. It's never been created on-panel. Even among the new gods, it's rare. Rarer than X Element, which even then, only Darkseid was shown to possess the secrets of or create.

....I wonder if Takion can create it? no expression

What did I just say, huh? durfist Read the above statement.

I hate Desaad. Srsly.

Everyone does. Even Darkseid. ESPECIALLY Darkseid. wink

theICONiac
I agree with Quanchi...

Imperiex for the ultimate *****-slap. whip

quanchi112
Originally posted by theICONiac
I agree with Quanchi...

Imperiex for the ultimate *****-slap. whip A wise decision.

King Kandy
Killing ideas is nonsense. You can shoot all the "order" new gods you want, but the concept of order will still exist.

TricksterPriest
They are not like the Endless. But Radion does kill ideas, as Grant Morrison himself said in FC interviews and pointed out in the story.

Allankles
Originally posted by King Kandy
Killing ideas is nonsense. You can shoot all the "order" new gods you want, but the concept of order will still exist.

I think order for DS is more like restriction.

And no, DS and co have already been explained, their "deaths" affect the balance of whatever emotional psychological or cosmic forces they represent or embody.

For example it was already explained that when DS killed Orion the capacity of the heroes to fight/battle was affected, as Orion is the god of the fight.

So in terms of embodying certain qualities/ideas they are genuine gods.

kevdude
Originally posted by Allankles
I think order for DS is more like restriction.

And no, DS and co have already been explained, their "deaths" affect the balance of whatever emotional psychological or cosmic forces they represent or embody.

For example it was already explained that when DS killed Orion the capacity of the heroes to fight/battle was affected, as Orion is the god of the fight.

So in terms of embodying certain qualities/ideas they are genuine gods.

thumb up Who strikes first would win, DS main reason in OWAW was to add IP power to his power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.