Real people with rings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Think of someone of actual history that could use the lantern rings to a good extent, for example:

- Mother Teresa, Indigo Ring (compassion)
- Leon Trotski, Blue Ring (hope)

Try to keep it clean wink

AlmightyKfish
Hitler- Yellow Ring
Stalin- Yellow Ring
Vlad The Impaler- Yellow Ring

All pretty good at inspiring fear.

Ohh, also- Simo Hayha aka The White Death- Blue and Yellow rings.

If you're not familiar with Simo- in WW2 Finland he killed over 705 Soviet Soldiers in 100 days, 542 of those with just a rifle with no scopes or anything. He took out a team of counter snipers sent after him, took out a group of soldiers sent after him, got carpet bombed and it only ripped his coat.

Oh, he got shot in the face with an exploding bullet, tearing half his face off, got back up and shot the guy who shot him face. He survived and woke up a week later.

The Soviets were so scared they called him The White Death ( Yellow Ring time) and he inspired/had hope of stopping the Soviets (Blue Ring)

I'm tempted to say he should have a Green Ring as well, as getting back up after getting shot in the face probably takes a lot of willpower.

Basically, that guy owns.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

If you're not familiar with Simo- in WW2 Finland he killed over 705 Soviet Soldiers in 100 days, 542 of those with just a rifle with no scopes or anything. He took out a team of counter snipers sent after him, took out a group of soldiers sent after him, got carpet bombed and it only ripped his coat.

Oh, he got shot in the face with an exploding bullet, tearing half his face off, got back up and shot the guy who shot him face. He survived and woke up a week later.

The Soviets were so scared they called him The White Death ( Yellow Ring time) and he inspired/had hope of stopping the Soviets (Blue Ring)

I'm tempted to say he should have a Green Ring as well, as getting back up after getting shot in the face probably takes a lot of willpower.

Basically, that guy owns.

Thanks for that bit of info. Never heard of that guy before but he sounds awesome! Im surprised they ahvent made a movie about him! Talk about a one man army!

The Nuul
Bush gets Orange

Darth Vicious
Does Obama gets black? lol

AlmightyKfish
Christian Bale gets a Red Ring =D

Entity
Green Lantern's
Lance Armstrong, jus tell me who's got more willpower than that guy?
Bruce Lee's also up there IMO

Darth Vicious
Kobe Bryant gets Blue. He still hoping for a 4th ring!

Entity
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Kobe Bryant gets Blue. He still hoping for a 4th ring! Wouldn't that be more Orange? smokin'

Darth Vicious
Hmmmm good question. Maybe both. He got 3 and wants more. Hes hoping to get one without Shaq (hopefully not!).

The Scribe

AlmightyKfish
I know, but he's still a person from history who should get rings.

The Scribe
I know, but he's still a person from history who should get rings.

I was just looking up information on him. wink

Symmetric Chaos
Obama gets Blue.
Rush Limbaugh gets Red.
Al Gore gets Yellow.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Obama gets Blue.
Rush Limbaugh gets Red.
Al Gore gets Yellow.

I can see a match for the first two. Why would Gore use a yellow one?

The Scribe

Because he keeps running around like Chicken Little, telling everyone the sky is falling. big grin

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by The Scribe
Because he keeps running around like Chicken Little, telling everyone the sky is falling. big grin
LOL. Is not fear, is concern.

TricksterPriest
Plus, he's actually right. If we don't stop wrecking the enviroment, the sky IS going to fall on our heads. Acid rain, mutations, skin cancer from lack of ozone layer, rising tides, etc.

Though I think blue or green suits him more. Yellow is much more in-line with Dick Cheney. big grin

The Scribe
LOL. Is not fear, is concern.

It's malarkey and another way for Gore to make money off
fear-mongering.

You know Gore has his own jets and he owns huge SUVs.

Talk about a hypocrite.

AlmightyKfish
Bill O'Reilly gets a Red Ring.

He haetes teh internetz!

Symmetric Chaos

Inconvenient truth. Just because he's spreading fear for a good cause doesn't mean he isn't spreading fear.

Darth Vicious
Michael Jackson gets purple. he sure loves boys!

Bouboumaster
Christian Bale gets a Red Ring =D

I lol'd

xJLxKing
German boy gets a red ring. If anyone seen it on Youtube, then they would understand

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by xJLxKing
German boy gets a red ring. If anyone seen it on Youtube, then they would understand
FK that! He needs a retarded ring!

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I don't think you get awarded rings for just acting like what a ring wants.

Endless Mike
Mother Theresa is not really as great as people say she was, she refused giving proper healthcare and aid to Africa because she thought their diseases were a punishment from God, meanwhile she had the best and most expensive healthcare for herself

The Scribe
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Mother Theresa is not really as great as people say she was, she refused giving proper healthcare and aid to Africa because she thought their diseases were a punishment from God, meanwhile she had the best and most expensive healthcare for herself

I'll agree, she was and still is highly overrated.

Her image has been skewed.

psycho gundam

Wild Shadow
Thanks for that bit of info. Never heard of that guy before but he sounds awesome! Im surprised they ahvent made a movie about him! Talk about a one man army!

they did its called enemy at the gate

Kazenji
Actually the one from that story was Vasily Grigoryevich Zaytsev

Wild Shadow
R. Lee Ermey (full metal jacket)

either the green or yellow ring for him

alexander the great

gets yellow, green and blue

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
they did its called enemy at the gate

That's about a Russian sniper in Stalingrad.

Vasily something.

Not The White Death.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Endless Mike

Im not suprised to hear that (if its true), alot of these really ultra religous Christians are just ****ing hypocrites. Hell maybe she should get an orange ring.

The Scribe
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Im not suprised to hear that (if its true), alot of these really ultra religous Christians are just ****ing hypocrites. Hell maybe she should get an orange ring.

You mean Catholics, not Christians. wink

Entity
You mean Catholics, not Christians. wink Its true!

Christians are all bad about it in general, as most humans are by nature anyway, but Catholics do quite often seem to be among the worst of the lot.

Again I'm not trying to say every single one but by far a great deal.
On both accounts.

I'm an atheist and don't care what you are or believe in. As long as it doesn't result in hurting others.
But don't belittle, talk down to, or judge me when your own religion basically tells you in the end to mind your own business. I don't even mind the discussion and debate over opinions and beliefs. In fact I love it.

Just as long as it can be civil and bottom line you can accept my side without getting angry about it.

My best friend has these two friends that are pretty deep into their religion and one I couldn't get alone better with and we talk about it for hours on end. Even having stayed up all thru the night till long after sunrise while everyone else passed out. But the other is an okay guy for the most part but I've never seen anyone get so loud and clearly upset to down right obnoxious and completely deny they are even doing it.

The Scribe
Originally posted by Entity

Christians are all bad about it in general, as most humans are by nature anyway, but Catholics do quite often seem to be among the worst of the lot.

Again I'm not trying to say every single one but by far a great deal.
On both accounts.

Christians aren't bad.

They are the ones who help the poor when the "compassionate liberals"
just sit back and do nothing.

Digi
Yeah...where the hell did this discussion just go? Keep it on topic, and let's tone down the bashing. Warnings will follow if unheeded.

ankur29
gandhi - blue ring

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ankur29
gandhi - red ring

fix'd

willRules
You mean Catholics, not Christians. wink

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1913603

The Nuul
Digi = yellow ring.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by The Nuul
Digi = yellow ring.

Eh? Digi's cosplaying doesn't inspire fear, but hope!

Wild Shadow
some really evil popes from back in the day would have had the yellow, orange and for some weird reason blue ring a strange combination.

Digi
Originally posted by The Nuul
Digi = yellow ring.

Damn straight!

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Eh? Digi's cosplaying doesn't inspire fear, but hope!

Damn str....wait, what?

Symmetric Chaos
Ayn Rand - Orange

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Digi
Damn str....wait, what?

shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.