TPM Amidala vs. Apailana

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FE Expert
Queen Amidala vs. Queen Apailana (the Queen of Naboo at the end of ROTS)

Setting: AOTC Naboo Royal Palace, armed with the blaster pistols concealed within the throne

RaidenDeadpool
http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp65/sidearm84/miscellaneous/fail_thread.jpg

Hewhoknowsall
Neither really know that much about shooting, so it's just luck.

Lord Lucien
Amidala had some skill.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Amidala had some skill.

At this point? She was 14.

Lord Lucien
And she stormed her own palace. And with Panaka, took out a room full of guard droids.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
And she stormed her own palace. And with Panaka, took out a room full of guard droids.

Good point. So I guess that she wins this match most of the time.

FE Expert
Battlefront II anyone? I don't know much skill Apailana has by then with the blaster concealed within the throne...

Eminence
What about it?

Lord Lucien
Her skills in that were purely based on game mechanics. For all we know she was killed by her own stray shot.

FE Expert
To base one's skill on the game mechanics of the sole source is better than no source.

And I thought some sort of clone sniper killed her...

BruceSkywalker
Amidala shoots her quite easily

Hewhoknowsall
Since both have about equal shooting skill, I'd say it's all luck.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by FE Expert
To base one's skill on the game mechanics of the sole source is better than no source.

And I thought some sort of clone sniper killed her... True, but it's horrendously subjective. In mine, for example, she doesn't down anybody. She just kinda stands there. And that's on Elite. We really can't use her for anything.

Slash_KMC
To conclude, she just isn't a character you easily use in Versus threads.

FE Expert
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
To conclude, she just isn't a character you easily use in Versus threads.

Just like Stam (or Naat) Reath...

Unless there is a better source than SW Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns for either of these, it's the only source one has.

Anyway, back on the topic. Since both know the ins and outs of the royal palace, it's really who shoots first...

mattatom

Unless there is a better source than SW Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns for either of these, it's the only source one has.

Anyway, back on the topic. Since both know the ins and outs of the royal palace, it's really who shoots first...
That'd be Faunus wink. Hewhoknowsallnuthin told me.

Eminence
^ Good call. I think...?FE Expert

Unless there is a better source than SW Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns for either of these, it's the only source one has.Gameplay is never a "source."

Ever.

FE Expert
A gameplay mechanical source is better than no source.

If, for a character (i.e. Apailana, Stam/Naat Reath), the only source you got was a RTS game, would you dismiss it?

Lord Lucien

If, for a character (i.e. Apailana, Stam/Naat Reath), the only source you got was a RTS game, would you dismiss it? We're not talking about whether the character did what she did, we're saying how she did it is what doesn't count. My friend played that game, she killed him. I played it, she just stood there. Such subjective, random occurrences are not canon, ever. All we can say is that she took part in the battle, and little else. Game mechanics are never canon, even a little bit.

Eminence
A gameplay mechanical source is better than no source.No, it isn't.

Yeah...

This is one reason why we have "unknowns" here, and why many members try to avoid encouraging the use of such characters.

Slash_KMC

If, for a character (i.e. Apailana, Stam/Naat Reath), the only source you got was a RTS game, would you dismiss it?

Stam's only feat is getting killed by Sev'rance while Naat her only one is getting captured by Sev'rance. I didn't use them once in maps because they were weak and when they died I got pissed.

No source > Gameplay source.

Hewhoknowsall
Battlefront 2 is an AWESOME game, but there's some errors in it's credibility:

Rancors invincible???????
Wampas having jedi powers??????????
Wookies having better HP/armor than ARMORED troops????????
Galactic marines being called clone commanders????????
Yoda being weak????????
Darth Maul being super pwnage????????
The Jedi Temple's layout being severely messed up????????????
etc...

But yeah there aren't enough credible sources to determine the winner of this battle, so I'd say that it's just luck.

kotorfan
well Amidala has used a blaster quite often, (Geonosis, TPM like all fight scenes) etc.

and idk anything about Apailana so yeah.

FE Expert
Would Apailana be somehow targeted by the credibility errors?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.