The Last Guardian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
Nobody's interesting in this?

Team ICO revealed the name of their lastest project: The Last Guardian

the leak trailer looked amazing, the new trailer is even better

... can wait for this game, SOTC was truly amazing experience in PS2, I'm confident this one will be epic as well

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/989/989601p1.html

Neo Darkhalen
Ahh yes "Project Trico" If it's anything like it's predecessors, well no words need describe it.

Quincy
Looks like an amazing adventure. I'm really excited about it.

SaTsuJiN
the trailer was pretty amazing... but half the time it looks like you're controlling the hippogryph thingie

Smasandian
Looks like The Neverending Story the Game.

Looks cool.

Obsidian Fury
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c7/Warcraft-the-last-guardian-book-cover.jpg

stick out tongue

In all seriousness, why does a lot of the interesting stuff come to PS? no expression

SaTsuJiN
Because its japanese developers, for a japanese system, most likely..

I dont think they'd be ready to support a foreign system exclusively.. maybe except for cross-platform development..

Smasandian
And it's owned by Sony.

Nemesis X
I'm guessing that when the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection for the PS3 comes out, it won't be long 'til The Last Guardian gets released.

S_D_J
I forgot I made this thread big grin

the last trailer looked great...

NPpCKjFrXzE

and that music was sweet.

I'm really looking forward to this game... in the midtime, waiting for the Team ICO collection for PS3 smile

Nemesis X
I have good news but also bad news.

The good news: Last Guardian is NOT cancelled.

The bad news: Someone sneezed and now the game suffers a heavy case of Forever Syndrome.

Uh oh.

Morridini
**** this game, it was one of the two games I originally bought a PS3 for, and it's still not out...

Nemesis X
And if Sony's lead designer didn't leave, it would've been out already but since he did, our prediction for the release date of Last Guardian is as good a guess as Team Ico's. Thanks Fumito for not staying a little bit longer.

Smasandian
And you have no idea if that's true.

He left and then went back to them right away as a consultant.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Smasandian
And you have no idea if that's true.

He left and then went back to them right away as a consultant.

You're right. I'm sorry for pulling that out of my ass. Oh wait...

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2012/06/17/the-last-guardian-to-ship-when-its-absolutely-ready/

Smasandian
I like the word presume.

The writer of the article, who is not part of the developing team is making a guess that the reason why the game is taking so long to develop is because the head honcho left and then came back right away.

Again, we don't know if that's true or not.

AsbestosFlaygon
I can't believe no one commented on this.
This is one of the most anticipated games for PS4.

We all thought it would be cancelled, then BOOM, Sony brought the '1-2-3 strike' at this year's E3 conference.

It's nice to see Wander/Ico live on through 2 separate beings.
I hope he/they finally manage to escape the castle.
EDIT:
...unless TLG is actually a prequel to SotC.

NwL0smKrFfw

vzFzri5BW6U

zXLZvsSmBIs

Morridini
I am definitely looking forward to playing this on my Playstation 7 in 2034.

Smasandian
Yeah. They won E3 because of a remake non exclusive and Last Guardian....a game in development for an eternity and the head honcho was a "consultant" on the product.

Let's see if this thing actually gets released and show something more than just the same area.

AsbestosFlaygon
We got a bunch of haters here.

ares834
Yeah. They won E3 because of a remake non exclusive and Last Guardian....a game in development for an eternity and the head honcho was a "consultant" on the product.

Let's see if this thing actually gets released and show something more than just the same area.

Sony won E3 because they had the better conference not because they have better exclusives (I certainly don't think they do).

AsbestosFlaygon
They won because they actually will be making the games that gamers have been waiting for for all these years.

We waited for so long for a ICO prequel/sequel, a FFVII remake, and a Shenmue sequel.
Then this conference came up. A testament that miracles do come true, that the dreams of gamers can triumph over the greed of a corporation. Men and women... Gamers of all ages... cried with joy and excitement on that day.
This Sony conference will be remembered as one of the greatest E3 conferences of all time.

Smasandian
But they are not making 2 out of 3 of those games you mentioned.

Shenmue 3 is a kickstarter project and Final Fantasy remake is being done by Square Enix and not an exclusive.

Last Guardian is the only game being created by Sony but that's been in development for years so I guess it's good on them to finally release it....(even though if this was another developer, it would be considered a bad omen that it's taking this long)

AsbestosFlaygon
FFVII is actually being funded by Sony. If this project is binded by a contract with Sony, expect years-worth of waiting period for the ports.

Shenmue 3 will (probably) be co-developed with Sony if the Suzuki's $10mil goal is reached. If the game gets funded for less than $10mil, we won't be getting the full-on Shenmue experience but a half-baked one (because Sony won't be funding the project, and Suzuki will have to fit the budget for the game).

TLG will be developed by the same people from Team Ico. It will definitely be just as amazing as the previous installments.

Smasandian
Sony hasn't said anything about funding the entire project. In fact, during an E3 interview, Sony was very coy about how long the timed exclusive is

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-e3-2015-interview-final-fantasy-7-exclusivity/1100-6428295/

If it was going to be years before the Xbox One gets the game then they would of said something. However, as for now, Sony isn't saying anything which probably means its going to be a sooner than later. I would guess about a year.

As for Shenmue 3, Sony is only developing the port for the PS4 version of the game. It's not developing the entire project. This is according to a twitter post from one of the producers.

Yes, but there has been Konami like turmoil from the development team of Last Guardian. Who knows if it's going to be the same quality as the previous games...

Jmanghan
watch?v=QLzUWJ0zk5M

Kazenji
It looks decent

seen someone's impression of it from Polygon, from what they've played of it at the TGS. They reackon it feels like a PS2 game and had issues with how the character moves.

Jmanghan
**** polygon.

I don't see that, honestly.

Smasandian
Really?

First. They actually played the game, and second, it looks like Ico. And the movements for the character look very, very loose.

Kazenji
If they seriously think the game looks like a PS2 game then go back and play one then come back and play The Last Guardian

looks nothing like a PS2 game to me.

Jmanghan
Really?

First. They actually played the game, and second, it looks like Ico. And the movements for the character look very, very loose. Define "loose". erm

Smasandian
Originally posted by Kazenji
If they seriously think the game looks like a PS2 game then go back and play one then come back and play The Last Guardian

looks nothing like a PS2 game to me.

And they didn't say that. They said it felt like a PS2 game.

And I didn't mean the fidelity of the graphics look like a PS2 game. I meant it looks like Ico in a gameplay/narrative/feel kind of way.

Nemesis X
I used to be a PS2 addict back in the day so I take that as a compliment if anything.

Impediment

Adam Grimes
Looks worth playing, considering I liked ICO and loved SotC.

ares834
I've heard the frame rate is absolutely horrendous on the original PS4.

Kazenji
Never noticed it from what i've played of it

ended up getting the Collector's Edition of this game, Seen with some reviews people complaining about the control's being frustrating pretty sure it was the same deal with the previous games from Team Ico and now they're regarded as classics.

Smasandian
Really?

That's not an argument. Those games were released on the PS2. I'm hoping we have higher standards than that.

Kazenji

That's not an argument. Those games were released on the PS2. I'm hoping we have higher standards than that.

So just because were in the current gen, There's a expectation for alot of games to follow suit

the controls for this game might be frustrating at first for some people, Wasn't so much for me.

Zack Fair
This game interests me a lot. I'm looking to play different calmer experiences now.

I think I'll buy it

Kazenji
If your okay playing a game with game control's from the early 00's, Then the game is great otherwise might find them frustrating.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Kazenji
If your okay playing a game with game control's from the early 00's, Then the game is great otherwise might find them frustrating.

After lots of frustrations with FF XV's mechanics and decisions I am willing to try it and its world is so charming to me.

cdtm
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I used to be a PS2 addict back in the day so I take that as a compliment if anything.

*Still a PS2 addict*

Maybe it's my tv's upscaler, but a lot of games still look decent on original hardware, without any emulator enhancements you get in modern consoles/pc emulators..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.