Survive the AVP Pyramid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Each group is transported to the Pyramid from AVP. One group will go at a time so that they're not all in at the same time. If atleast one member of a group survives or completes the task that group wins. Groups are only initially told that they face certain death once stepping inside. Assume that all groups WILL WORK TOGETHER and stick together. No splitting up.

Pyramid Contains:
- Many different rooms and Pyramid reconfigures every 30 min.
- Infested with Xenomorphs(Drones, Face Huggers, Eggs, ONE QUEEN in basement.)
- 3 Yautja(Predator) seen in film AVP are armed with their everything they had in the film except for there Nukes. Assume Yautja cloak makes them invisible to all.
- Creature from the film Doom.

Scenario A: Make it out of the Pyramid without releasing the Queen.
Scenario B: Survive 24 hours within.
Scenario C: Kill everything inside.

Team A:
T-800 (Model 101): Minigun, M79 Grenade Launcher, Shotgun, Glock 18
T-850 (Model 101): Minigun, M79 Grenade Launcher, Shotgun, Glock 18
T-1000: Beretta 9mm
T-X: Beretta 9mm

Team B
Logan(Adamantium): M16
Creed(Adamantium): M60
Wade Wilson: Dual Adamantium Ninjatos, Dual Uzis
Blade: Adantium Sword, Glaive, Silver Stakes, Super Shotgun, Mac-10
Punisher: M4 w/M203, Shotgun, Dual .45's, Knife, Kevlar Skull Vest.

Team C
RoboCop: Auto-9, Gun Arm (Machine Gun/Grenade Launcher)
Ed-209
RoboCain

Team D
Jean-Luc Picard: Phaser Rifle, Phaser Pistol, Tricorder
Data: Phaser Pistol, Tricorder
Worf: Phaser Rifle, Phaser Pistol, Adamantium Mek'leth, Tricorder
Borg Drone(Assimilated Plasma Caster): Phaser pistol attached to right arm. FOLLOW PICARDS TELEPATHIC COMMANDS!

Team E
Darth Vader: Lightsaber, Only powers seen on film. NO EU EXAGGERATIONS
General Grievous: 4 Lightsabers, Blaster Pistol
Jango Fett: Everything he had in AOTC.
R2-D2

Team F
Selene(Underworld): Standard Equipment
Nomak
Drake

Robtard
A) Has a good chance
B) Makes it with loses
C) Probably not
D) Has a good chance
E) Makes it with loses, if they lose R2 early, then they lose their detection capabilities and their chances are reduced.
F) Makes it with loses

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Robtard
E) Makes it with loses, if they lose R2 early, then they lose their detection capabilities and their chances are reduced.

Beg your pardon but that isn't exactly true. Vader can sense the hostiles with the Force.

XanatosForever
Not shown in film.

Darth Martin
C) Probably not Really? I thought besides their lack of stealth they'd be great. Their firepower is insane as well as their tracking/targeting/accuracy.

Robtard
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Beg your pardon but that isn't exactly true. Vader can sense the hostiles with the Force.

He can sense an attack before it happens. By then, it might be too late, considering a massive swarm of aliens or four Predators firing in unison.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Not shown in film. That's allowed, I meant just not all of that crazy stuff they allow them to do in the cartoons and comic books. He is always talking about how he senses beings. Kenobi, Luke, Leia etc.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Really? I thought besides their lack of stealth they'd be great. Their firepower is insane as well as their tracking/targeting/accuracy.

They'd do well against the aliens, though the acid splash could potentially gimp them. ED 209 could be useless at some point, given the confined spaces of the pyramid and its inability to manage stairs.

I don't see them taking out the Predators though, especially after dealing with xenos.

Darth Martin
or four Predators firing in unison. Three. Just the ones seen in the film who for the record weren't that great.

Robtard
That's allowed, I meant just not all of that crazy stuff they allow them to do in the cartoons and comic books. He is always talking about how he senses beings. Kenobi, Luke, Leia etc.

Beings that are force sensitive.

XanatosForever
Exactly. Rob, when you made your list, were you making those statements for all three scenarios, or just the getting out? I think some of them might not do so well with the other two.

Darth Martin
Alright, fair enough. Guess he can only sense when it happens. They still have a good shot. Vader's armor is pretty durable/resilient. Not to mention he's probably as strong as a T-800. His sensors and Jango's have capabilities that allow them to see in the dark. Plus R2 So they're in good shape.

Although I think the Terminator and Star Trek teams may run away with this thing. Data is insane when bloodlusted. If the Borg were to assimilate either the Preds or the Doom monster.........

Not to mention T-1000 could just turn into the wall or floor and come up behind a Pred if it's not cloaked all the time.

Darth Martin
They'd do well against the aliens, though the acid splash could potentially gimp them. ED 209 could be useless at some point, given the confined spaces of the pyramid and its inability to manage stairs.

I don't see them taking out the Predators though, especially after dealing with xenos. Well as funny as it sounds if push came to shove T-800 and Robocop could carry him with stairs.

And just stay away from the confined spaces.

Robtard
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Exactly. Rob, when you made your list, were you making those statements for all three scenarios, or just the getting out? I think some of them might not do so well with the other two.

Oh, I just did the getting out.

Their chances would severely drop in scenario B) & C).

Nemesis X
Vader force chokes the Predators. He'll also levitate the Xenos so they don't move around and Jango can pick them off with his pistol.

Robtard
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Vader force chokes the Predators. He'll also levitate the Xenos so they don't move around and Jango can pick them off with his pistol.

They're invisible and he hasn't shown the ability to mass choke or mass lift.

Nemesis X
They're invisible and he hasn't shown the ability to mass choke or mass lift.

Didn't Vader lift someone with the force in New Hope?

Who cares if they're invisible? You know how many people in the Predator movies noticed the Predators even when they were invisible?

Robtard
Didn't Vader lift someone with the force in New Hope?

Who cares if they're invisible?

You know how many people in the Predator movies noticed the Predators even when they were invisible?

One person or object, which is what I'm saying. Which would be a bad move, when facing multiple opponents. He'd be better off using quick force-pushes and sabre combo, not locking his attention on just choking or lifting one foe.

Because they're hard to see and they have the opportunity to attack first, some would consider that a great tactical advantage.

No, how many?

XanatosForever
I think he's referring to all those people who noticed the refraction of light thanks to the Preds' tech before getting slaughtered.

Darth Martin
Well the Yautja aren't going to always be together. They split up in the movie so they'll do it here.

Don't forget the monster from Doom is in the pyramid aswell.

Darth Martin
Who cares if they're invisible? You know how many people in the Predator movies noticed the Predators even when they were invisible? The OP states they're totally invisible.

Placidity
Force Choke is a bad idea. It means Vader will remain stationary. Not only can the other Predators or Xenos attack like Rob said, but even if it was a 1v1, the Predator can still fire his Plasma Canon, Gauntlets etc.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Placidity
Force Choke is a bad idea. It means Vader will remain stationary. Not only can the other Predators or Xenos attack like Rob said, but even if it was a 1v1, the Predator can still fire his Plasma Canon, Gauntlets etc. Vader has shown the ability to engage in lighsaber combat while employing the choke.

Placidity
Vader has shown the ability to engage in lighsaber combat while employing the choke.

Except lightsaber can't defend against a plasma cannon...

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Placidity
Except lightsaber can't defend against a plasma cannon... Why can't it?

Darth Martin
The size of blasts vary. He throw the saber as well.

Besides theire not even the front runner. That would have to go to Star Trek or Terminator.

WO Polaski
the force choke has never required the user to be stationary. luke did it while casually walking by with a gesture he didnt even look at the gammoreans in question.

the only thing that matters when using force powers is how well you can focus while doing it. for most people its easier to concentrate when theyre standing in one position not jumping around wildly. vader and luke dont seem to have this problem.

but regardless i dont think vader specifically has the skills to handle this. hes too slow even by eu standards.

Robtard
Vader has shown the ability to engage in lighsaber combat while employing the choke.

Which movie/scene has this happened, as I don't recall that?

WO Polaski
return of the sith. he fights cin drallig with one hand and chokes someone else with the other.

Robtard
Originally posted by WO Polaski
return of the sith. he fights cin drallig with one hand and chokes someone else with the other.

Which scene, as I don't recall Anakin-Vader doing this maneuver?

WO Polaski
edited. obiwan and yoda look at iton a holocam.

NemeBro
Cin Drallig being limited to a Holocron is ghey.

Rogue Jedi
Each group is transported to the Pyramid from AVP. One group will go at a time so that they're not all in at the same time. If atleast one member of a group survives or completes the task that group wins. Groups are only initially told that they face certain death once stepping inside. Assume that all groups WILL WORK TOGETHER and stick together. No splitting up.

Pyramid Contains:
- Many different rooms and Pyramid reconfigures every 30 min.
- Infested with Xenomorphs(Drones, Face Huggers, Eggs, ONE QUEEN in basement.)
- 3 Yautja(Predator) seen in film AVP are armed with their everything they had in the film except for there Nukes. Assume Yautja cloak makes them invisible to all.
- Creature from the film Doom.

Scenario A: Make it out of the Pyramid without releasing the Queen.
Scenario B: Survive 24 hours within.
Scenario C: Kill everything inside.

Team A:
T-850 (Model 101): Minigun, M79 Grenade Launcher, Shotgun, Glock 18
T-1000: Beretta 9mm
T-X: Beretta 9mm

Team B
Logan(Adamantium): M16
Creed(Adamantium): M60
Wade Wilson: Dual Adamantium Ninjatos, Dual Uzis
Punisher: M4 w/M203, Shotgun, Dual .45's, Knife, Kevlar Skull Vest.

Team C
RoboCop: Auto-9, Gun Arm (Machine Gun/Grenade Launcher)
Ed-209
RoboCain

Team D
Jean-Luc Picard: Phaser Rifle, Phaser Pistol, Tricorder
Data: Phaser Pistol, Tricorder
Worf: Phaser Rifle, Phaser Pistol, Adamantium Mek'leth, Tricorder
Borg Drone(Assimilated Plasma Caster): Phaser pistol attached to right arm. FOLLOW PICARDS TELEPATHIC COMMANDS!

Team E
Darth Vader: Lightsaber, Only powers seen on film. NO EU EXAGGERATIONS
General Grievous: 4 Lightsabers, Blaster Pistol
Jango Fett: Everything he had in AOTC.
R2-D2

Team F
Selene(Underworld): Standard Equipment
Nomak
Drake

I'll respond to Scenario A first....

Team A: I dont think they would give a shit, I think they would say "bring the pain."

Team B: Prolly, but Blade doesnt make it.

Team C: Hell no, they are loud as ****, the queen will hear them and get pissed haermm

Team D: None except the Borg drone would make it.

Team E: Team E is strong, but one splash of acid on Vaders breathing apparatus and he is done.

Team F: This team is the best, they clear without waking the alien queen easily.

Darth Martin
Explain your reasons for your opinion on Team D.

Rogue Jedi
One splash of acid and they are done. Maybe two or three for Data.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
One splash of acid and they are done. Maybe two or three for Data.

Phasers can completely disintegrate a being and from a very great distant. Acid splash is highly unlikely for the Star Trek team

WO Polaski
having a long range attack is all well and good but that only matters if the enemy is caught in the open from a long distance away. taking an aliens typical attack style into consideration it makes sense to assume that the trek team probably won't engage any aliens until theyre only a few meters away. the pyramid in the movie is all very narrow hallways with high ceilings and the visibility is nearly zero for human eyes. the terrain is completely in favor of the aliens to sneak up on the trek team and get in a favorable distance.

Robtard
They can still completely vaporized someone/thing from a foot away, meaning acid splash won't be a factor for them here. Was just pointing out that they have very long range, if applicable.

Picard's Tricoder and the Drone's scanning capabilities make a surprise attack hightly unlikely.

WO Polaski
i dont know anything at all about star trek tech i can only go off of what ive seen in the few episodes ive seen so i wont press the issue lol. but im still somewhat skeptical that they can make it through completely. it would only take one splash to kill any of them. im not sure they could remain untouched if they are attacked enmasse in a tight quartered area.

Robtard
Originally posted by WO Polaski
i dont know anything at all about star trek tech i can only go off of what ive seen in the few episodes ive seen so i wont press the issue lol. but im still somewhat skeptical that they can make it through completely. it would only take one splash to kill any of them. im not sure they could remain untouched if they are attacked enmasse in a tight quartered area.

Let me enlighten you a bit then, if you don't mind.

The Tricoders can give them a layout of the Pyramid, what paths to take, where they can defend themselves etc. They can also find life/energy signatures, so they will know what and when it's coming.

A Phaser set to max completely vaporizes what it hits, ie there is nothing left (no acid splash). It also has settings for narrow or wide beams, so they can hit more than one enemy per fire, if the targets are somewhat close.

Data is extremely fast, durable and strong and when his 'I'm going to kick everyone's ass mode' is turned on, he's a beast. He also can think and come up with solutions at lightning speeds.

The Drone is slow, but durable and strong, it also has scanning capabilities am can assimilate other lifeforms. ie it could turn a Predator or the Doom monster to their side, it may also be able to do this to the Xenos, considering it's technology is one of the most advanced and adaptive in the Stat Trek universe.

Both Worf and Picard can handle their own, especially Worf as he's had extensive military/security training.

Edit: Now that I think about it, this team has one of the best chances in pulling off all three scenarios, mainly due to the advanced tech of the phasers and tricoders and the abilities of Data and a Borg Drone.

Darth Martin
Not to mention Data's scanning. A phaser set to maximum could probably level or put a hole in those stone walls. And also keep in mind here would acid be coming from. Doubt they'd draw blood from phasers. It's not a projectile. More concussive than that. And I gave orf his blade to combat the Yautja. Didn't think he'd use it against the Xenos when he has 2 phasers at his disposal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.