Gentle vs. Rockslide

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kaos sebaceous
Gentle-http://www.marvel.com/universe/Gentle

Rockslide-http://www.marvel.com/universe/Rockslide

What do you guys think?

iceman24567
I have only seen Gentle in action once and what i saw wasn't impressive. Rockslide for the majority.

Kaos sebaceous
I think i would take rockslide in this fight.He is durable enough to take whatever gentle throws at him and gentle will strain his power in the long run.

Survivor19
Gentle distributes Rockslyde among three neighbour states...

The Scribe
Gentle states that the vibranium tattoos on his body will not protect him forever and that he will die because of them.

I don't care for characters like that.

Rockslide gives Gentle his wish and ends his miserable life. evil face

psycho gundam
^ you must not know what you're talking about. he's like a mutant hulk.

the vibranium is holding him back like a straight jacket (sort of), if it fails, he'll get too big and die soon afterwords. but his strength would be insane at that time, enough to completely destroy rockslide and wherever they are fighting.

The Scribe
Psycho Gundam,

So, he didn't say he would die because of his tattoos?

I just don't care for characters like that.

Rockslide has been around longer and I have yet to see Gentle do anything that could sway my opinion.

d3str0ya10
^ somebody is sounding a little bit repetitive today. erm

So gentle is like a rock lee with ankle wieghts.
except the ankle weights are his tatoos when they leave his body or whatever he gains enormus strength and dies after that.
Rock lee open all gates and he gains enormus everything and dies.

Kris Blaze
Gentle does not have the durability to keep up with rockslide.

Originally posted by d3str0ya10
^ somebody is sounding a little bit repetitive today. erm

So gentle is like a rock lee with ankle wieghts.
except the ankle weights are his tatoos when they leave his body or whatever he gains enormus strength and dies after that.
Rock lee open all gates and he gains enormus everything and dies.

Bad analogy.

d3str0ya10
hows so its exactly like that.

shut up

KingD19
Gentle has Extreme Strength and Durability. He downed a O.N.E. Sentinel with one hit, and killed some demons with no effort. He takes Rockslide with no problems.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by The Scribe
Psycho Gundam,

So, he didn't say he would die because of his tattoos?

I just don't care for characters like that.

Rockslide has been around longer and I have yet to see Gentle do anything that could sway my opinion. 1) you got it ass backwards, the tats are saving his life from his powers. they keep him from getting too big, if they break off he's going to get bigger/stronger than he can control and die as a side effect.

2) i don't really care for the character either but....why should that really factor anyway?

3) gentle's powers are going to shorten his life if he uses them frivolously, that's the point of his name and character design. (avoiding violence unless he's out of options) all you have to go by is what he's done when he used his powers.

his abilities are for emergencies since he has to choose what to fight for, but it doesn't make him any less dangerous since this forum fight is a fresh gentle with normal vitality. (unless stated otherwise)

The Scribe
Psycho Gundam,
Gentle did state that the vibranium tattoos on his body will not protect him forever and that he will die because of them.

It doesn't matter, but that was said. So..... reading

psycho gundam
facepalm due to their inherent inability of totally stopping his powers forever, one day they're going to fail and then he goes soon after.

KingD19
Get it right, he will not die because of them, he will die when they fail altogether.

xtreme Strength: Nezhno's powers have been revealed in the most recent issue of New X-Men as "Extreme strength". It was recently revealed however, that his power is the ability to temporarily increase the muscle mass of his body to impossible levels. He cannot sustain this form for long however, as it causes massive strain on his body. His tattoos are made of vibranium and are there to control his power, but every time he uses his power he gets a little stronger, and soon the vibranium will fail, Nezhno's body will not be able to contain its own power, and Nezhno will die. If virbanium, the strongest metal in the Marvel Universe is not enough to contain his strength, Nezhno is one of the strongest characters in all of Marveldom.

Given that his power will kill him, Gentle is a Gamma-Level Mutant.

The Scribe
Originally posted by psycho gundam
facepalm due to their inherent inability of totally stopping his powers forever, one day they're going to fail and then he goes soon after.

Sounds good to me. wink stick out tongue

psycho gundam
i'm actually shocked by how long it took you to realize that.

the fruit fly near my iced tea was facepalming to your posts also :/

The Scribe
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i'm actually shocked by how long it took you to realize that.

the fruit fly near my iced tea was facepalming to your posts also :/

I knew what you meant before.

Like I said before I don't care for characters like Gentle.

KingD19
And we said, whether you like a character or not shouldn't be a factor in a vs forum. I could hate Rulk, but if he fought someone like Beast, it's obvious Rulk would win.

Now that I think about it though, technically Gentle can win easily, but Rockslide will just keep pulling himself back together.

iceman24567
Originally posted by KingD19
And we said, whether you like a character or not shouldn't be a factor in a vs forum. I could hate Rulk, but if he fought someone like Beast, it's obvious Rulk would win.

Now that I think about it though, technically Gentle can win easily, but Rockslide will just keep pulling himself back together. Pretty much

The Scribe
Originally posted by KingD19

Now that I think about it though, technically Gentle can win easily, but Rockslide will just keep pulling himself back together.

I can agree with that somewhat, but not for whiny characters like him.

Also, Rockslide would keep pulling himself back together.

KingD19
Which Rockslide are we using? Rockslide who can shoot his hands at you? Or Rockslide who is nothing but psionic energy, who surrounds himself with whatever Earth element(stone, gravel, sand) is closest?

If it's original Rockslide, Nezhno can toss his arms a few miles away.

Also, he's not whiny anymore, he realizes that the only home he has was with the X-Men, they treat him like shit in Wakanda.

psycho gundam
the battle ground is featureless, he can only rebuild from what he brings to the fight, after a couple times gentle "should" put 2 & 2 together

i.e. tossing a limb out of his reach

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.