Data Guantlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
I'm making this to try to guage Data's H2H capabilities. He is unarmed and in Starfleet uniform. Fight are in a Matrix subway, each combatant starts 50 feet away from each other. No prep. Each opponent is standardly equipped unless specified. How far does he get and why?

1. 2 NS-5 (I,Robot)
2. 10 Borg Drones
3. 3 T1's
4. Sonny (I, Robot)
5. RoboCop
6. T-800
7. 2 T-800's
8. T-850
9. Iron Man(H2H only; no repulsors, flight, weapons)

Question: How many tons do you think Data could lift?

Darth Martin
No one?

XanatosForever
I dunno. I really don't think Data can handle even the first round, but I'm ignorant on my Trek lore, so I could be wrong.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Darth Martin
No one?

This is an interesting idea and Data is one of my favourite ST:TNG characters. Once I've brushed up on his feats I'll see if I can post something.

Robtard
He's very durable and has great strength, he didn't have all that many strength feats in the shows/movies, but I vaguely recall him doing some pretty impressive moves, forcing metal powered doors apart, being one.

In ST: Insurrection, he was pretty badass and was able to take out many armed men with a combo of speed and shooting skill. He's also trained in at least Star Fleet H2H figthing tactics, which have proven affective against Klingons and the like.

He could likely get passed the first battle.

Ten drones will be a problem, really depends on the surrounding and if he's able to employ his speed to avoid and only fight 1-2 at a time.

Not sure what a T1 is.

Could likely defeat Sonny using his greater intelligence and deductive skills to find a weak spot.

Robocop is built like a tank, but he's slow and Data could crush his jaw in.

T800 is slow and Data could likely bend the thinner pistons that control the movement.

Same for the T850.

Ironman will be problem if he's stronger(likely is) and I'm doubtful if Data could damage the armour before Tony severely damages Data.

Darth Martin
T-1 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-1_(Terminator_character) They appear in T3/T4.

I think Data could handle the Borg. He took like 5 or 6 easily in First Contact and was only stopped b/c of the organic skin they put on him.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Robtard
He's very durable and has great strength, he didn't have all that many strength feats in the shows/movies, but I vaguely recall him doing some pretty impressive moves, forcing metal powered doors apart, being one.

In ST: Insurrection, he was pretty badass and was able to take out many armed men with a combo of speed and shooting skill. He's also trained in at least Star Fleet H2H figthing tactics, which have proven affective against Klingons and the like.

He could likely get passed the first battle.

Ten drones will be a problem, really depends on the surrounding and if he's able to employ his speed to avoid and only fight 1-2 at a time.

Not sure what a T1 is.

Could likely defeat Sonny using his greater intelligence and deductive skills to find a weak spot.

Robocop is built like a tank, but he's slow and Data could crush his jaw in.

T800 is slow and Data could likely bend the thinner pistons that control the movement.

Same for the T850.

Ironman will be problem if he's stronger(likely is) and I'm doubtful if Data could damage the armour before Tony severely damages Data.

I think you summed it up brilliantly.

BTW, some of Data's other feats include

* Easily lifting an anvil that several fully grown men (all blacksmiths and quite strong) couldn't even budge.

* Casually holding a car in place with one hand while the driver was flooring it. Plus Data was taking a tricorder reading simultaneously (so he wasn't focusing all his attention on stopping the car).

* Has overpowered Klingons without effort (as in no exhertion at all).

* Has dodged energy beams from close-range

* As noted, he's fully trained in Starfleet combat techniques, and knows the Vulcan nerve pinch.

* If you were to include the comics, he stopped a punch from Colossus (X-Men).

jinXed by JaNx
Sonny would jump all over Data.

I'm doubtful that Data could make it past the borg but i think the furtherest he would make it is to Sonny. The only opponent i could see Data possibly beating after Sonny is Robocop. However, i think Sonny and the rest would destroy him.

Darth Martin
Well Sonny is fairly strong and is aces when it comes to speed and agility. But he's not very durable. He could prove a challenge for Data or perhaps something more.

golem370
in one scene a doctor comes out from an operating room where Data is trying to say his daughters life, he told the crew that Data's hands were moving faster then he could see. He is suppose to be 10 times stronger then a normal human. He has been head butted by a Klingon with no damage.

dadudemon
Damn.

I'd like to see more Data feats that shows off his physical prowess.

golem370
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFtGVk8-XBI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4377HhZ_NSM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgnUFan6iwg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Ie49ivmdQ&feature=fvw

Tattoos N Scars
Data wouldn't get past the Borg drones. He has already been captured by the Borg...and I believe that was before the Borg queen put that human flesh on him.

Darth Martin
When have the Borg captured Data without the use of putting flesh on him?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.