Link vs Star Wolf [WITH A TWIST]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Twist? It's SSBB Link.

The fight occurs on a space platform from starcraft, orbitting a planet that has been glassed by the protoss, it has normal gravity and atmosphere, but will explode in ten minutes. There's only one escape.. thing.

XanatosForever
Wow, Scream. Despite them both having crappy recoveries, Link's is worse. Wolf gimps him off the platform for a cheap win.

ScreamPaste
It's not a Brawl match, no game mechanics :P

Starwolf from Starfox, Link from SSBB.

Phanteros
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
It's not a Brawl match, no game mechanics :P

Starwolf from Starfox, Link from SSBB. link gets run down

ScreamPaste
Run down? Explain.

Phanteros
Run down? Explain. he gets his vehicle and runs him down

ScreamPaste
-.- If he had his vehicle how is he trapped on a space platform?

Edit; and furthermore it wouldn't be that easy anyway. no expression

Phanteros
-.- If he had his vehicle how is he trapped on a space platform?

Edit; and furthermore it wouldn't be that easy anyway. no expression fine, he shoots link repeatedly until he dies.

Cyner
link repeatedly uses his clawshot and performs untold shffnairs until wolf is a bloody mess.

ScreamPaste
Link in SSBB can dodge freakin' lasers. no expression
skip to 8:30
zBD0gNrZ1Ho

XanatosForever
Wolf calls on a Landmaster (yes, he can actually use it outside of SSBB) and takes Link to the ceiling blast zone. stick out tongue

Seriously, though, runs him over, or if link gets on top, drives him off the edge, and Link's horrible recovery keeps him from getting back on.

Cyner
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Wolf calls on a Landmaster (yes, he can actually use it outside of SSBB) and takes Link to the ceiling blast zone. stick out tongue

Seriously, though, runs him over, or if link gets on top, drives him off the edge, and Link's horrible recovery keeps him from getting back on.

Ah, but it's SSBB Link but NOT SSBB Wolf, who does not have a landmaster.

XanatosForever
How do you know he doesn't have one? In all the versus modes I remember from Star Fox, Wolf could use a Landmaster. stick out tongue

Ridley_Prime
Star Wolf wins.

ScreamPaste
Seriously? Based on what? no expression This isn't an SSBB match, so the tier list doesn't apply. I think I should have made this thread a little more clear. It's a normal fight, using a supremely nerfed Link to give Wolf a chance.

XanatosForever
Seriously? Based on what? no expression This isn't an SSBB match, so the tier list doesn't apply. I think I should have made this thread a little more clear. It's a normal fight, using a supremely nerfed Link to give Wolf a chance.

And we're telling you, based on this supremely nerfed Link, and standard Star Fox universe Wolf O'Donnel, Wolf wins.

ScreamPaste
And yet no one's given me any feat, or reason why. o_O I've gotten one claim of Link being run down in a vehicle Wolf doesn't have, because if he did there'd be no fight because he could just escape, and one claim of Wolf gimping Link ala SSBB.

I demand proper arguments! D:<

XanatosForever
Who says he could escape with a Landmaster? All it can do is hover, it doesn't have true flight capabilities.

ScreamPaste
Imagine boosters capable of temporarily lifting a tank firing off in zero gravity? <_< All he has to do is get it off the platform.

XanatosForever
But if the platform has gravity wells average to a planet, Landmasters don't have enough thrust to break that.

ScreamPaste
All it has to do is escape the simulated gravity which only extends within the confines of the platform. Also, They're both beer cancelled, no driving.

General Kaliero
Okay, so SSBB Link, and Star Fox series Wolf.

Based on Star Fox Assault (since that's the only time Wolf has fought outside of his Wolfen), what weaponry does he have available?

ScreamPaste
Eh, I'll let him have anythign he can carry within reason, because SSBB Link can skate past lasers with relative ease, apparently, so Wolf is going to need some fire power.

Just to be clear, the combatants are both aware of each other at the beginning of the match.

NemeBro
Not all lasers in fiction are lightspeed.

In fact no laser IRL is. Lightspeed is only achievable in a vacuum.

ScreamPaste
It's still impressive. -.-

XanatosForever
Wolf dakkas Link off the edge of the platform, then gimps him with a wisely used bomb.

SuperLuigi
link pulls out a bomb. jumps and air dodges shoots out his claw shot which hits wolf, then it retracts the instant link lands, throws the bomb and wolf is no more!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.