Who should be the villain for the avengers movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
What the title says

xJLxKing
Nothing too big. In the Avenger film, they should only focus on the Avengers; their powers, their history, how they assemble the Avengers and character development.

Maybe, a few dangerous thugs, or one powerful crime lord. They could go another way and just have no villains except conflict within the Avengers.

steverules_2
They might do, I reckon they may focus around Hulk being the main problem for the avengers due to his anger and so on

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Nothing too big. In the Avenger film, they should only focus on the Avengers; their powers, their history, how they assemble the Avengers and character development.

Maybe, a few dangerous thugs, or one powerful crime lord. They could go another way and just have no villains except conflict within the Avengers.

A powerful crimelord won't do anything if Thor and Hulk is there unless he has powers to match.

StiltmanFTW
Hulk.

jinXed by JaNx
It should be ultron or at least the first movie should be the assembling of the Avengers in anticipation of Ultron.

I'm thinking the villain will be one of Thors enemies. I really don't know how else they would introduce Thor

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
It should be ultron or at least the first movie should be the assembling of the Avengers in anticipation of Ultron.

I'm thinking the villain will be one of Thors enemies. I really don't know how else they would introduce Thor

Thor's going to have his own movie in 2011.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
A powerful crimelord won't do anything if Thor and Hulk is there unless he has powers to match.
You mean like Lex? He is not powerful, yet, he came close to killing Superman.

Any ways, if you haven't noticed, movie characters aren't as strong as their comic counterparts.

For instance, Hulk had to hide to stop 3-4 Helicopters. In comics, a thunderclap would stop it. Same can be said about Iron man.

Any ways, like I said, if you make a villain to strong, then you might not have a lot of time to show every character's power.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Hulk.

I believe The Hulk has been confirmed as the villain..

steverules_2

Sounds like some pretty good ways to go

chomperx9
Originally posted by steverules_2
What the title says um the joker

Entity
SKRULLS!

lol Jus kidding, Yea it should be about the containment of the Hulk and the teams being assembled to do this. Then move on to bigger things like Ultron later.

Doctor-Alvis
They might do, I reckon they may focus around Hulk being the main problem for the avengers due to his anger and so on
I could see Hulk being the villain in the beginning and an ally in the end.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I think the only advantage Thor and Hulk would have over anyone against a smart/powerful crimelord is they can spread fear through their image. Otherwise, as far as we know, they have no detective skills and are stuck to fighting lackies while the real boss is hidden away somewhere.

steverules_2
Originally posted by chomperx9
um the joker

http://www.motifake.com/motivational_posters/d20a49337.jpg

BUSTER1
I reckon they should face a the "Doom Quartet" made up of Dr.Doom, Venom, Green Goblin and Abomination

Bouboumaster
Hulk or Ultron

BUSTER1
http://www.motifake.com/motivational_posters/d20a49337.jpg

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

steverules_2
Originally posted by BUSTER1
I reckon they should face a the "Doom Quartet" made up of Dr.Doom, Venom, Green Goblin and Abomination

Abom maybe...other 3 I doubt it since 2 are spiderman characters and one is F4, plus GG is dead and venom maybe dead...there is talk of a spin off movie of venom so I dunno

roughrider
The Hulk may be the visible threat that brings them together, but just like the comics it should Loki, manipulating things behind the scenes. They are working on how to tie together the worlds of science (Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America) with magic (Thor & Asgard.) Loki will be the key.
Read again what happened in Ultimates 2. They will be leaning on that storyline.

steverules_2
I would like a main villain for the avengers to fight, I was thinkin Red Skull may be a villain but I dunno.

Symmetric Chaos
Hulk and UltLoki would be awesome.

steverules_2
Ult. Loki was great and the storyline was amazing

jcvaldez

It should be Ultron. It's the only villain that would give all the Avengers a challenge.

steverules_2
So seems people either want Ultron or Loki

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by jcvaldez
It should be Ultron. It's the only villain that would give all the Avengers a challenge.

Well they can slide power levels however they want for the movie. Ultron does set up more easy to explain internal conflict than most, which seems like a good way of producing a plot.

steverules_2
Although I think Ultron would be a good pick I think maybe loki would be the best choice because then that would be a good way to get thor as part of the team unless marvel/Fox have something else up their sleeve. Maybe they could have ultron appear at the end to set up a sequel or something.

Indestructible
These are some possibilites for the first(maybe only) movie: Loki, Hulk, Baron Zemo, or Red Skull

For the second one(if there will be) it should be the Ultron story line

I know 4 of the Avengers they are using(Thor, Hulk, Cap, IM) but are they using anyone else? Maybe Ant-Man/Giant Man, Wasp, Black Panther, Namor?

steverules_2
I think those are the only ones that are in the avengers film

PRAYERRUN
Well, the Hulk would definately be a problem, but he's no villan. I think they should go with the Avengers animated movie idea and have the avengers come together to keep the planet from being invaded by aliens or something. One villain isn't gonna do it unless you want somebody like Thanos in the movie.

xJLxKing
Ultron would take to long, and in my opinion wouldn't be good. Loki actually can be a good choice since he can get introduced the same time Thor is, but the same problem occurs. To much to introduce and too little time.

Also, I doubt they will have a good budget.

Indestructible
That blows. I would love to see Ant-Man, Namor, Black Panther, and maybe even Hawkeye

PRAYERRUN
In all honesty you would want a villain that isn't really related to any of the heros, or is in some way related. Loki is related to Thor way too often, Ultron is usually related to Iron Man or Ant-man, Red Skull; Captain America, so on. That's why, if you were gonna pick one villain for all the hero's to face, I think it would be somebody like Thanos or Aliens.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
In all honesty you would want a villain that isn't really related to any of the heros, or is in some way related. Loki is related to Thor way too often, Ultron is usually related to Iron Man or Ant-man, Red Skull; Captain America, so on. That's why, if you were gonna pick one villain for all the hero's to face, I think it would be somebody like Thanos or Aliens.
Maybe like aliens but it would be too much like a cartoon.

PRAYERRUN
well yeah but my point is that it would have to be something big. something they might not be handle separately.

steverules_2
Well Loki is the main villain for the Thor movie I believe

PRAYERRUN
Right, and why have the same villain for two different super hero movies?

Bentley
The ZODIAC!!!!

Kang?

Enchantress?

I have no idea, I would've used Loki.

starlock
I get the feeling they will use the wrecking crew.....they are kinda tied to Loki,or the masters of evil spin..... huh

steverules_2
I'm wondering if they will use the Loki character to get thor into the avengers...but I dunno

Doctor-Alvis
The Hulk & Loki thing sounds interesting to me. Hulk may not be a bad guy deep down but he'd probably play the role well if Loki was manipulating him.

steverules_2
He turns on the avengers cause of Loki...then he breaks free of loki's lil spell or something...and him and Thor take on Loki or something

PRAYERRUN
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
The Hulk & Loki thing sounds interesting to me. Hulk may not be a bad guy deep down but he'd probably play the role well if Loki was manipulating him.
Yeah, but but that was already the story in the Hulk vs Thor animated movie.

roughrider

Never mind the the animated direct-to-DVD audience. They had Wolverine fighting his Weapon X teammates in the same DVD - didn't stop them doing it in live action for Wolverine.

PRAYERRUN
ok good point. wink happy bunny

Doctor-Alvis
Was it? I never bothered watching it because I didn't think it could top the brief but badass tussle they had in Ultimate Avengers

PRAYERRUN
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Was it? I never bothered watching it because I didn't think it could top the brief but badass tussle they had in Ultimate Avengers
This one was longer, and it felt like a story from Kevin Sorbo's " Hercules " series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.