Galen Marek in the YV War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
How would he fair? He uses the lightsaber form Juyo and is a beast of the Force. IMO he would be more than a match for any YV.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
How would he fair? He uses the lightsaber form Juyo and is a beast of the Force. IMO he would be more than a match for any YV.

Absolutely.

Particularly given the fact that he's partial to aggressive manifestations of the Force. He'd kick Vong ass.

Hewhoknowsall
He wouldn't be of much help in the grand scheme of things however: having one man that can handle a bunch of guys (ie around 100) is irrelevant in a GALACTIC war. That's why Alexander the Great would be FAR more helpful in a war than say Achilles (the REAL Archilles... if there was one)/the best swordfighter in the world.

Nephthys
Tell that to Ganner Rhysode, Luke Skywalker and Jacen Solo, the 3 people that practically won the war.

Edit: It was also Luke who practically defeated the entire empire twice.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Nephthys
Tell that to Ganner Rhysode, Luke Skywalker and Jacen Solo, the 3 people that practically won the war.

Edit: It was also Luke who practically defeated the entire empire twice.

They did not make a difference by sheer "I shall charge into battle and thus be worth 100 guys!" Luke beat the Empire because he took down the leaders and destroyed the death star, so he used his "powers" (that weren't fully developed yet) more a special forces like, ie doing stuff that larger armies cannot. He was not worth much by sheer kill count.

kotorfan
Galen would be worth alot for sheer kill count.. lol. a few force repulses, then some lightning, or epic saber throw that goes through every vong on the battlefield. lol.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
They did not make a difference by sheer "I shall charge into battle and thus be worth 100 guys!" Luke beat the Empire because he took down the leaders and destroyed the death star, so he used his "powers" (that weren't fully developed yet) more a special forces like, ie doing stuff that larger armies cannot. He was not worth much by sheer kill count. You do know the Vong aren't the Empire?

The Vong so despised the Jedi they tried to convince the galaxy to turn against them. They created creatures specifically to hunt them down. A small strike team of Jedi destroyed said creatures. Ganner Rhysode slaughtered upwards of thousands of them by himself. Jaina killed Tsavong Lah. Luke and Jacen took out Shimrra and Onimi--something which actually ended the war.Their existence fueled the Shamed One's rebellion. And this is all using the Light Side.

Throw in Marek's aggressive style and vast reserves of raw energy and it's going to make the Jedi's job that bit easier.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You do know the Vong aren't the Empire?

The Vong so despised the Jedi they tried to convince the galaxy to turn against them. They created creatures specifically to hunt them down. A small strike team of Jedi destroyed said creatures. Ganner Rhysode slaughtered upwards of thousands of them by himself. Jaina killed Tsavong Lah. Luke and Jacen took out Shimrra and Onimi--something which actually ended the war.Their existence fueled the Shamed One's rebellion. And this is all using the Light Side.

Throw in Marek's aggressive style and vast reserves of raw energy and it's going to make the Jedi's job that bit easier.
Plus Imagine if Galen had gone with Luke and Jacen to fight Shimrra, I'm guessing thir Force Bond may have increased in strength slightly.

Too bad Galen didn't survive, he could of been trained into a master of Battle Meditation.

Vorpal Ruin
He would be killed instantly by a thud bug.

You can't credit the win to only Luke and Jacen. Don't forget Ackbar, Wedge and all the other military commanders.

Hewhoknowsall
You do know the Vong aren't the Empire?

How many Vong are there?

Let's say that there are 100 billion (this would be a decent number for a galactic war).

Even if Luke were to kill millions of Vong, it still would be proportionally insignificant. Him killing Shimrra and Onimi were important because those were the leaders, ie. it would be far more devastating if the Persians killed Alexander the Great than if they killed an extra 10,000 men.

Galen would have been very useful for special ops like missions/assassinations, but I'd still prefer Thrawn/Revan.

Now battle meditation would be very effective.

In the end however, having Archilles (the real one) on your side wouldn't be as effective as having Napoleon/Alexander/Hannibal/Ceasor.

Slash_KMC
How many Vong are there?

Let's say that there are 100 billion (this would be a decent number for a galactic war).

Even if Luke were to kill millions of Vong, it still would be proportionally insignificant. Him killing Shimrra and Onimi were important because those were the leaders, ie. it would be far more devastating if the Persians killed Alexander the Great than if they killed an extra 10,000 men.

Galen would have been very useful for special ops like missions/assassinations, but I'd still prefer Thrawn/Revan.

In the end however, having Archilles (the real one) on your side wouldn't be as effective as having Napoleon/Alexander/Hannibal/Ceasor.

If Luke killed 3 million, he would have killed all the clones at the beginning of the clone wars.

kotorfan
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
If Luke killed 3 million, he would have killed all the clones at the beginning of the clone wars.

QFT lol

and Galen would probably destroy Shimera and Omini by himself.

Lord Lucien
How many Vong are there?

In the end however, having Archilles (the real one) on your side wouldn't be as effective as having Napoleon/Alexander/Hannibal/Ceasor. Do you not understand what I said? The Jedi may not win the war all by their lonesome, but they're certainly symbolic. I know that if I were a common soldier, I'd feel a hell of a lot better knowing someone with god-like powers, capable of such impossible feats that Luke and Marek can pull, is on our side. The Jedi are important enough to meet with, influence, sway, run, and input their opinions and strategy on the upper echelons of power, right up to Fey'lya.

kotorfan
Do you not understand what I said? The Jedi may not win the war all by their lonesome, but they're certainly symbolic. I know that if I were a common soldier, I'd feel a hell of a lot better knowing someone with god-like powers, capable of such impossible feats that Luke and Marek can pull, is on our side. The Jedi are important enough to meet with, influence, sway, run, and input their opinions and strategy on the upper echelons of power, right up to Fey'lya.

QFT

Jedi raise soldier's morale.

曹操 FTW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cao_cao

xxxpoppunker182
How many Vong are there?

Who said Galen would just kill the yv? He would be going on important missions with luke or jacen rather than just start hacking his way through the vong

Hewhoknowsall
Do you not understand what I said? The Jedi may not win the war all by their lonesome, but they're certainly symbolic. I know that if I were a common soldier, I'd feel a hell of a lot better knowing someone with god-like powers, capable of such impossible feats that Luke and Marek can pull, is on our side. The Jedi are important enough to meet with, influence, sway, run, and input their opinions and strategy on the upper echelons of power, right up to Fey'lya.

Do you not understand what I said? I agree that the Jedi are EXTREMELY important in the sense that they raise morale, can do stuff that armies can't (assassination), can be great tacticians (sometimes), sometimes know battle meditation etc. I just said that they aren't useful in sheer "they killed an extra 100000 dudes!!!"

Hewhoknowsall
@ poppunker:

That's exactly what I said:

How many Vong are there?

Nephthys
Well Palpatine could solo fleets.......

Edit: your totally right though.

Hewhoknowsall
Well Palpatine could solo fleets.......

Edit: your totally right though.

And yet in KOTOR Bastilla and Revan and Carth together have a hard time with some random lion like creature.

Nephthys
Pics or it didn't happen.

Hewhoknowsall

Do you exist?

And when you arrive at (whatever the name of the Jedi hideout was, I forgot) you have to complete quests in the wilderness and come in contact with some lion size wild animals, who proceed to pwn your lightsaber/blaster armed Jedi/soldiers.

Lord Lucien
Wait, what has KoTOR got to do with this?

Hewhoknowsall
Wait, what has KoTOR got to do with this?

Nothing. What does freezing creeks have to do with anything?

Nephthys
Freezing creeks is EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Hewhoknowsall
Freezing creeks is EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Oh.

Red Nemesis

Nephthys
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z266/ocweeklycrew/Amanda/MarcusPatrickPlaygirl1.jpg

I'm the stunningly handsome guy in the centre.

Slash_KMC

Do not do that again.

Nephthys
Heres a shot of my abs

http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/playgirl1.jpg

I have a million of these pics btw.

Edit: And me again, notice the lighting. I feel this picture really espresses my personality without words. It has a very 'Grrrr' feeling to it.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_wQ_rSruShhk/SJfgii2ICNI/AAAAAAAAChA/GGBowoP0aIs/s400/marcus%2Bpatrick%2B2.jpg

Slash_KMC
Here are some shots of my abs

I have a million of these pics btw.

Why doesn't that surprise me...

Nephthys
Becuase we're so super close?

Slash_KMC
Becuase we're so super close?

Wrong answer. Try again (but not really).

Nephthys
B-because I pretend to be gay ALOT on these forums?

kotorfan
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z266/ocweeklycrew/Amanda/MarcusPatrickPlaygirl1.jpg

um dude it looks like your crotch is gone.. like photoshoped out or something.

Nephthys
I lost it in Nam....cry

Slash_KMC
B-because I pretend to be gay ALOT on these forums?

Close enough.

Red Nemesis
pretend?

Nephthys
You got something to say?

Red Nemesis
A picture is worth a thousand words. You said several thousand words about something, and it isn't that you're pretending.

*insinuates*

Slash_KMC
Revelation.

Nephthys
http://teeth.com.pk/blog/wp-content/photos/macho_vs_gay.jpg

I'm the first.

Also, if you checked, your gay as well.

I preferred Traitor.

Also, I took a test online and It said I wasn't gay. So there, proof.

Hewhoknowsall

You look WAY too old to be in high school... I remember when you first came and everybody (or at least Gideon) thought that you were Nebaris...

And yes, that is obviously you...

Nephthys
I know. I look Shnazzy huh?

Lord Lucien
... I remember when you first came and everybody (or at least Gideon) thought that you were Nebaris...

Lol, context.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.