Crocodile (Lake Placid) vs. Jaws

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

six6six
Who would win? Would it go down like this....

-o7nLZWyinI

Robtard
Animal Face-off already did this with a croc and a great white ; the shark won due to speed and maneuverability. /end thread

six6six
Duh. I only posted the video for it. This was for a typical Croc & Great White, not LP Croc & Jaws. Thats like saying Jaws is just another great white, which you would be wrong. He's much much bigger then your typical great white, not to mention a fiercer killer. Same goes for LP Croc.

Sadako of Girth
Plus Jaws ate Robert Shaw.

Noone eats Robert Shaw and lives.

Robtard
Originally posted by six6six
Duh. I only posted the video for it. This was for a typical Croc & Great White, not LP Croc & Jaws. Thats like saying Jaws is just another great white, which you would be wrong. He's much much bigger then your typical great white, not to mention a fiercer killer. Same goes for LP Croc.

My error, didn't bother reading or clicking on the link. Exactly, they're both stronger and larger than their regular counterparts, all things being equal, shark still wins.

PS Go **** yourself smile

Placidity
Hmmm, I think I'll go with the croc, the scene where it comes out of the water and rips that huge grizzly apart was very impresssive.

Robtard
Originally posted by Placidity
Hmmm, I think I'll go with the croc, the scene where it comes out of the water and rips that huge grizzly apart was very impresssive.

Didn't rip it apart, it bite it's picnic basket seeking ass and dragged it into the water while it complained. I do suspect some fashion of ripping happened once the bear was in the water, though Jaws could do the same, if the bear was already in the water.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Robtard
Didn't rip it apart, it bite it's picnic basket seeking ass and dragged it into the water while it complained. I do suspect some fashion of ripping happened once the bear was in the water, though Jaws could do the same, if the bear was already in the water. How big is the croc exactly?

Rogue Jedi
Animal Face-off already did this with a croc and a great white ; the shark won due to speed and maneuverability. /end thread Indeed. Jaws pwns hard. Bites the gater in half and makes me boots from it's hide.

Placidity
CROCODILE

Stats: 30-foot (9.1 m)

http://www.hotspotsz.com/images3/lake_placid_ver2.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee233/catchspider2003/English%20movies/LakePlacid.jpg

ksW2C4anyEU
qqK07DFav8k

vs

JAWS

Stats: 25 feet (8m), 3 tons

http://simplymagicalmovies.co.uk/__oneclick_uploads/2009/04/jaws.jpg

http://chud.com/articles/content_images/5/jaws.jpg

8gciFoEbOA8

0NdKPKrEvq4

KingD19
It depends on where the fight takes place, if it's somewhere with a bank, or beach, then Placid can take it. If it's nothing but water, then I think Jaws takes it.

dadudemon
Size - Placid

Biting Strength - Placid by a ridiculous amount.

Durability - Placid...simply because its hide is just plain stronger than a great whites. The larger the croc, the "tougher" the hide. Same with most sharks, but not to the degree of a croc.

Speed - Jaws...no contest.

Aggressiveness - slim, but it goes to Jaws.

Intelligence - Jaws. Wasn't a land slide, but still goes to Jaws.

Endurance - Jaws, duh! Crocs get tired rather fast.

Area of attack, which is important - Placid. The croc as the huge advantage of being able to move it's head and body much much more, allowing it to maybe get by with a half strike from Jaws and then turn at the right moment and deliver a killing blow to Jaws.

Jaws wins, due to speed and agression, 6 out of 10 times. Depends on how you want to setup a scenario. If they go head on, Placid opens its mouth much much taller than jaws and takes the cake, no contest.

In a "not aware of each other environment" Jaws has the sensory advantage by leaps and bounds. Jaws also has the endurance advantage. If it ends up in a heads on, again, Placid wins, no contest.

That's why I'm going with a nod to jaws, 6 out of 10 times.

Rogue Jedi
Gater goes in the water. Shark is in the water......

six6six
I believe they're pretty close in size, right? Isn't Jaws like 32ft. long or something?

Rogue Jedi
25, two tons.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Gater goes in the water. Shark is in the water......

I like your simple style here, dude.

25, two tons.

3 Tons, as listed above.

Quincy
That pic of Jaws over the edge of the Orca still gives me chills.

Mr. Rhythmic
Animal Face-off already did this with a croc and a great white ; the shark won due to speed and maneuverability. /end thread

But that show sucked.
Continue thread.

Rogue Jedi
I like your simple style here, dude.

3 Tons, as listed above. I was going with what Quint said in Jaws.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
But that show sucked.
Continue thread.

LoL, black people.

Quincy
I got the chills again!

omgchos
I was going with what Quint said in Jaws.
If i remember correctly he said 3 tons in Jaws.

six6six
Won't the Crocs heavily armored skin protect it from alot of Jaws' attacks. Jaws is pretty much vulnerable all over. Jaws would either have to get the croc from the side or bottom for a death blow. In a head on assult, like shown in the vid, LPC surely has way more crushing power than your standard croc, therefore, if bitten on the nose, shouldn't LPC be able to crush Jaws' skull?

Robtard
Crocs have tough hides, they're not shark-bite proof though. One chomp to the midsection, it's over.

Jaws will likely score first hit, considering the speed and agility he has in spades over the croc.

Quincy
But you can't even see Jaws coming until its too late!

Unless The Croc can hear the music playing. He might have an edge there.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by omgchos
If i remember correctly he said 3 tons in Jaws. I guess.

dadudemon
LoL, black people.

I may be interpretting this wrong, but that is Toku King, one of the whitest non-albino people ever.

Originally posted by Quincy
But you can't even see Jaws coming until its too late!

Unless The Croc can hear the music playing. He might have an edge there.

crylaugh

steverules_2
Weren't there 2 crocs in Lake Placid? How do we know the one that we see isn't the one that got blown up?

SoulDevourer
crocs cant breathe underwater right?

if fight takes place in deep water then sooner or later croc gonna have to surface to breathe and jaws can get in a few good bites

six6six
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
crocs cant breathe underwater right?

if fight takes place in deep water then sooner or later croc gonna have to surface to breathe and jaws can get in a few good bites

Usually they can hold their breath from 4 - 15 minutes but can remain underwater for two hours if needed and if they aren't stressed. However, the fight isn't going on THAT long.

six6six
You know, looking at it again, LPC being BIGGER then Jaws, he might be able to fit Jaws' whole head in his mouth and decapitate him. Then again, that 5ft. difference might be all tail.

SoulDevourer
Usually they can hold their breath from 4 - 15 minutes but can remain underwater for two hours if needed and if they aren't stressed. However, the fight isn't going on THAT long. then make it more like 4 - 15 minutes : fight to death aint exactly like takin a nap big grin

again this depend if fight takes place in deep waters or not

Won't the Crocs heavily armored skin protect it from alot of Jaws' attacks. Jaws is pretty much vulnerable all over. Jaws would either have to get the croc from the side or bottom for a death blow. In a head on assult, like shown in the vid, LPC surely has way more crushing power than your standard croc, therefore, if bitten on the nose, shouldn't LPC be able to crush Jaws' skull? crocs scales aint gonna make much difference against several TON bites

if anything their gonna make croc more crunchy big grin

jaws got the strength, speed, agility & jaw power advantage. plus water is his element. Ima give this to the shark. not easy fight tho

six6six
jaws got the strength, speed, agility & jaw power advantage. plus water is his element. Ima give this to the shark. not easy fight tho

I'll give you the speed & agility part, but the "jaw power" advantage is just laughable. A crocs bite force is probably double that, of a shark. Crocs are also pretty comfortable in the water. To answer your question about where in the water this takes place, to be more realistic, I'll say it's in shallow waters, but not too close to land. Sharks have been known to swim in shallow waters. Crocs won't swim out to deep sea.

dadudemon
I'll give you the speed & agility part, but the "jaw power" advantage is just laughable. A crocs bite force is probably double that, of a shark. Crocs are also pretty comfortable in the water. To answer your question about where in the water this takes place, to be more realistic, I'll say it's in shallow waters, but not too close to land. Sharks have been known to swim in shallow waters. Crocs won't swim out to deep sea.

You're incorrect. They do swim out to deep sea. (If we are talking about Salt Water Croc...which the Lake Placid Croc looks like.)

Robtard
IIRC, the premise was that is was the croc made it's way here from Africa, through the oceans and waterways. Though they generally stick to fresh water habits, more often then not, but this obviously not your average croc.

Rogue Jedi
A croc's bite force is measured on the way down. A fairly strong man can hold a Crocs mouth shut.

WO Polaski
IIRC, the premise was that is was the croc made it's way here from Africa, through the oceans and waterways. Though they generally stick to fresh water habits, more often then not, but this obviously not your average croc.

"africanized crocodiles".

thats typical lol.

Robtard
Originally posted by WO Polaski
"africanized crocodiles".

thats typical lol.

So you're saying the Placid croc has AIDS? Interesting, wonder how it could factor in this fight.

omgchos
So you're saying the Placid croc has AIDS? Interesting, wonder how it could factor in this fight.
It means if he has bleeding gums and gets a bite it, jaws is done for anyway.

Robtard
It means if he has bleeding gums and gets a bite it, jaws is done for anyway.

If it's gums are bleeding, then Jaws will smell it long before, as a great white can smell a drop of blood in the water at close to a mile away.

Jaws will probably die in 5-30 years of AIDS though, so the croc will get it's revenge.

omgchos
If it's gums are bleeding, then Jaws will smell it long before, as a great white can smell a drop of blood in the water at close to a mile away.

Jaws will probably die in 5-30 years of AIDS though, so the croc will get it's revenge.
Thats what i meant. As long as he gets one good bite in.

Neo_Version 7
Hold the phone.
Animals can get AIDS?

omgchos
Sure why not.

Neo_Version 7
That's messed-up.
In that case, L.P. Croc then.

SoulDevourer
I'll give you the speed & agility part, but the "jaw power" advantage is just laughable. A crocs bite force is probably double that, of a shark. lol you seen the difference in jaw size? croc jaws are allmost like "flat" & way longer compare to shark jaws. wheres the crocs jaws get the strenght to compensate for that?

its like if u try to bend iron bar 1) with arms stretched (== croc) and 2) by holding it close to you (== shark)
u get better chance if u hold it close cuz theres >>> pressure (closer to axis o rotation)

Placidity
I win ok.

omgchos
lol you seen the difference in jaw size? croc jaws are allmost like "flat" & way longer compare to shark jaws. wheres the crocs jaws get the strenght to compensate for that?

its like if u try to bend iron bar 1) with arms stretched (== croc) and 2) by holding it close to you (== shark)
u get better chance if u hold it close cuz theres >>> pressure (closer to axis o rotation)
No hes right. Whatever you may think, a croc 1/4 the size of this one has a bite force of about 3000 psi. A shark just has really sharp teeth and an average bite strength.

Robtard
Looking online, crocs have measured at 2.5 tons of psi, while great whites have done 1.8 tons of psi.

So they both have enough power to probably gut each other in the first good bite; Jaws is likely to land that first, considering speed and maneuverability.

So AIDS or no AIDS, Jaws wins.

edit: One thing of note, crocs teeth are cone in shape, they're made for grabbing and holding. A great white's are triangular and serrated, designed to shred.

SoulDevourer
No hes right. Whatever you may think, a croc 1/4 the size of this one has a bite force of about 3000 psi. A shark just has really sharp teeth and an average bite strength. what about the figures for the shark? (maybe its off the chart or no one took the risk big grin)

sharks can cruch sea turtle shells (they do it to get the meat inside)

Placidity
Crocs can crush a Blastoise's shell (they do it to get the meat inside)

Rogue Jedi
I win ok. Dunno why but I LOL'd haermm

Neo_Version 7
Crocs can crush a Blastoise's shell (they do it to get the meat inside)

I think this depends on whether or not said Blastoise used Withdraw.
You also have to take level into account.

six6six
what about the figures for the shark? (maybe its off the chart or no one took the risk big grin)

sharks can cruch sea turtle shells (they do it to get the meat inside)

crocs have measured at 2.5 tons of psi, while great whites have done 1.8 tons of psi, as stated above.

SoulDevourer
crocs have measured at 2.5 tons of psi, while great whites have done 1.8 tons of psi, as stated above. then its magic cos it go against laws of physics (but some tribes worship crocs so maybe they are magic stick out tongue)

either that or it means shark jaws are super-weak despite there size but then it goes against evolution

Robtard
It means that for their overall size/weight, great whites don't bite as hard as crocs.

1.8 tons of bite isn't "super-weak" and I don't follow the "goes against evolution", as that is definitely enough force to obliterate anything the shark preys on, fish and seals.

SoulDevourer
the figure itself dont sound weak, but given the sharks rilly massive jaws yeah it is rilly weak :/

Robtard
Okay then, if you're ever unfortunate enough to get bitten by a great white, be sure to tell it that.

SoulDevourer
lol so you rather get bitten by a croc? stick out tongue

many have survive btw (tho they had scars) http://media.rd.com/rd/images/rdc/mag0807/shark-04-af.jpg

if shark jaws wuz as strong as they look then theyd be >>>>> 1.8 psi or whatever

SoulDevourer
btw whats yur source for the shark & croc bite figures?

SoulDevourer
strike that heres what i found :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/4045413/Sharks-have-weak-bites-say-scientists.html

looks like six6six wuz right

sux for evolution confused

six6six

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/4045413/Sharks-have-weak-bites-say-scientists.html

cool

Robtard
btw whats yur source for the shark & croc bite figures?

Googled and took the highest for both I found.

Judging this fight strictly on who has the stronger bite is flawed, as Jaws, despite probably having a weaker bite is strong enough to bite through the Placid croc, as he eats through boats. That and the speed and agility factor.

I said "probably", because Jaws is clearly not your average large great white shark, going by movie feats.

Robtard

sux for evolution confused

Okay?

It means that for their overall size/weight, great whites don't bite as hard as crocs.

1.8 tons of bite isn't "super-weak" and I don't follow the "goes against evolution", as that is definitely enough force to obliterate anything the shark preys on, fish and seals.

SoulDevourer
Okay? not okay stick out tongue

1st off yo figure is wrong, article says the bite is weak so it gotta be way less then 1.8

also the great white could eat more things (like those big sea turtles) if there bite measure up to their size. they could even take on big predators like whales (that means more food supply)

basicly : evolution says that sharks NEED strong jaws (more then crocs)
yet they aint got, despite their jaw size (waste of size, that aint logical for a predator)
therefore big prob for evolution

six6six : u forgot to quote the last part big grin

Robtard
not okay stick out tongue

1st off yo figure is wrong, article says the bite is weak so it gotta be way less then 1.8

also the great white could eat more things (like those big sea turtles) if there bite measure up to their size. they could even take on big predators like whales (that means more food supply)

basicly : evolution says that sharks NEED strong jaws (more then crocs)
yet they aint got, despite their jaw size (waste of size, that aint logical for a predator)
therefore big prob for evolution

six6six : u forgot to quote the last part big grin

Weak for their specific overall size and weight. Weak compared to other animals that are smaller, yet have stroger bites. Understand now? Still a very strong bite.

No, that is no what "evolutions says." Their bite is strong enough to obliterate their main food sources, fish and seals, so to dummy it down, 'evolution works'.

Sharks have also been around for millions of years, tells me that their evolutionary standing is doing something right.

six6six
Sharks have also been around for millions of years, tells me that their evolutionary standing is doing something right.

Same goes for the Croc.

SoulDevourer
Weak for their specific overall size and weight. Weak compared to other animals that are smaller, yet have stroger bites. Understand now? Still a very strong bite.

No, that is no what "evolutions says." Their bite is strong enough to obliterate their main food sources, fish and seals, so to dummy it down, 'evolution works'.

Sharks have also been around for millions of years, tells me that their evolutionary standing is doing something right. ok ok but they could do even better with stronger jaws
evolutions suppose to make predators stronger not weaker

I mean why do crocs have so abnormaly strong jaws? crocs are also big, plus they dont even need to crush things
sharks on the other hand could use strong jaws . btw many shark species have gone extinct, maybe todays sharks are next wink

six6six
ok ok but they could do even better with stronger jaws

I mean why do crocs have so abnormaly strong jaws? crocs are also big, plus they dont even need to crush things
sharks on the other hand could use strong jaws . btw many shark species have gone extinct, maybe todays sharks are next wink

Actually, it makes sense the way it is because the sharks having such sharp teeth compinsates for the lack of strength that their jaws have and to be honest, like Robtard said, the shark bite isn't really THAT weak. It depends on how you look at it. On the other hand you have a croc with cone shaped teeth which are nowhere near as sharp as a sharks, so they use their powerful jaws to rip thier prey apart.

Robtard
Same goes for the Croc.

Yes; I don't think I've said anything to the contrary.

SoulDevourer
Actually, it makes sense the way it is because the sharks having such sharp teeth compinsates for the lack of strength that their jaws have and to be honest, like Robtard said, the shark bite isn't really THAT weak. It depends on how you look at it. On the other hand you have a croc with cone shaped teeth which are nowhere near as sharp as a sharks, so they use their powerful jaws to rip thier prey apart. if so evolution woudve given both species strong jaws AND sharp teeth to maximize there chances big grin thats more logical anyways

oh and sharks sharp teeth now way "compensates" for weak jaws. if a great white tries to eat a sea turtle it just gonna break it teeth at best laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
Jaws can sense the croc from far away. Rob pointed that out, via blood in the water or ripples in the water. Jaws is faster, more manuveurable, and has a stronger bite. Advantage to Jaws in every way.

SoulDevourer
Jaws has a stronger bite. apparently not wink

maybe its other stats can give it the win but now I aint sure. crocs got "armor" and apparently sharks jaws can do zilch against armored prey

six6six
Jaws can sense the croc from far away. Rob pointed that out, via blood in the water or ripples in the water. Jaws is faster, more manuveurable, and has a stronger bite. Advantage to Jaws in every way.

I dont know where you guys are coming up with this "Jaws has a stronger bite" crap. It's been posted numerous times already. Crocs got a WAY stronger bite.

Robtard
ok ok but they could do even better with stronger jaws

sharks on the other hand could use strong jaws .

btw many shark species have gone extinct, maybe todays sharks are next wink

You're not grasping it. A sharks mouth and bite are optimized to eat it's main food sources, so in short "evolution worked."

Because of how crocs eat and their food sources. They grab, hold on and tear, usually with the help of other crocs, so they need the high grasping power.

Todays sharks are in danger due to overfishing of their food sources, excessive hunting (mainly the Japanese and Chinese) and polution. Not because they have as you say "weak bites."

Robtard

maybe its other stats can give it the win but now I aint sure. crocs got "armor" and apparently sharks jaws can do zilch against armored prey

Crocs don't have armor, they have scaley hides. It's not ficking Kevlar; it's not bullet proof nor could it withstand 1.8 tons of bite, and that's from a regualr great white, not a fictional one with above average abilities like Jaws is protrayed.

Rogue Jedi
I dont know where you guys are coming up with this "Jaws has a stronger bite" crap. It's been posted numerous times already. Crocs got a WAY stronger bite.

http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/animalpages/animal-dangerous-6.htm

The croc is gonna have to swim around with it's mouth open, it Jaws gets ahold of it's snout and it's mouth is closed, it's finished.

six6six
....just out of curiousity, in that Animal Planet shite, when the croc did the death roll to the sharks nose and they both went down, they were both upside down. Now, this isn't necessarily gonna happen here, but I thought I heard somewhere that if a fish/shark is upside down, that it could drown. I could be wrong, it's just something I thought I heard.

six6six
http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/animalpages/animal-dangerous-6.htm

The croc is gonna have to swim around with it's mouth open, it Jaws gets ahold of it's snout and it's mouth is closed, it's finished.

Holding it closed, yes, this is true. But once the croc clamps his jaws on you, chances are, he ain't letting go. Crocs also have an insanely quick strike.

Robtard
Holding it closed, yes, this is true. But once the croc clamps his jaws on you, chances are, he ain't letting go. Crocs also have an insanely quick strike.

They can lounge forward a great speed on land.

SoulDevourer
You're not grasping it. A sharks mouth and bite are optimized to eat it's main food sources, so like in short "evolution worked".

Because of how crocs eat and their food sources. They grab, hold on and tear, usually with the help of other crocs, so they need the high grasping power.hey I got u the 1st time!

my point is sharks could do even better, WAY better
with strong jaws they could have way bigger VARIETY of food sources (more chance of survival if one of their food sources go scarce) not to mention better fight other predators (again better survival chance)

I mean thats how evolution works right? it keeps makin species even better (evolve = get better)
it dont just give them the "strict minimum" huh

Im not saying evolution theory is wrong Im just saying it make mistakes sometimes (look at cheetahs & leopards lol)

btw "grasping" dont need strong jaws huh only strong pointed teeth (and crocs allready have the right teeth)
strong jaws only needed to cruch things

Rogue Jedi
Ever wonder why the Great White has not "evolved?"

SoulDevourer
....just out of curiousity, in that Animal Planet shite, when the croc did the death roll to the sharks nose and they both went down, they were both upside down. Now, this isn't necessarily gonna happen here, but I thought I heard somewhere that if a fish/shark is upside down, that it could drown. I could be wrong, it's just something I thought I heard. nope sharks are fish they cant drown

however if a sharks upside down then it goes "catatonic" or something. basicly it goes to sleep

Robtard
hey I got u the 1st time!

my point is sharks could do even better, WAY better
with strong jaws they could have way bigger VARIETY of food sources (more chance of survival if one of their food sources go scarce) not to mention better fight other predators (again better survival chance)

I mean thats how evolution works right? it keeps makin species even better (evolve = get better)
it dont just give them the "strict minimum" huh

Im not saying evolution theory is wrong Im just saying it make mistakes sometimes (look at cheetahs & leopards lol)

btw "grasping" dont need strong jaws huh only strong pointed teeth (and crocs allready have the right teeth)
strong jaws only needed to cruch things

You're not grasping it.

SoulDevourer
mad

six6six
Maybe as evolution goes on, the Great White WILL eventually have the "strong jaws" you're talking about. But realistically, how many animals of today are gonna **** with a Great White? There arn't very many. There is no reason for it to evololve. He's kind of like a lion, king of the jungle, only he's the king of the sea.

Robtard
Orcas, dolphins and humans are about the only things able to kill a great white.

Lion's don't live in the jungle, Sub-Saharan Africa and a certain Asian forest.

six6six
Orcas, dolphins and humans are about the only things able to kill a great white.

Lion's don't live in the jungle, Sub-Saharan Africa and a certain Asian forest.

Yeah, I know they dont live in the jungle, but thats just the old saying. I never really got it either. They should've said TIGERS.

Placidity
lol that guy think 'evolution' is some sort of self-aware entity or something rofl.

Robtard
lol that guy think 'evolution' is some sort of self-aware entity or something rofl.

Evolution clearly is, it plans to add "frikken laserbeams" to the sharks next, so they can knock down passenger jets and then feed on the floating corpses and peanut packets.

The beta-test was on that French airbus, seems Evolution did it yet again.

Placidity
Evolution clearly is, it plans to add "frikken laserbeams" to the sharks next, so they can knock down passenger jets and then feed on the floating corpses and peanut packets.

The beta-test was on that French airbus, seems Evolution did it yet again.

You mean like this?

http://i41.tinypic.com/30jo8lh.jpg

Robtard
Evolution's not planning those other upgrades until the economy recovers, just the "frikken laserbeams" for now.

theICONiac
No such thing as evolution

googlenoob

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.