Jaina - Why hasn't she developed her power?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Jaina is of the Skywalker line, but why isn't she one of the strongest?

Hewhoknowsall
She is

She's stronger than:

Ben
Shimi
Leia
Anakin (Solo)
Cade?

She's weaker than:

Luke
Anakin (Skywalker)
Caedus
Kol?

So statistically she is > 5 but only < 4.

Nephthys
She's female so OBVIOUSLY she has too much time spent in shopping, choosing a hunky boyfriend* and getting her period to actually TRAIN!

*(this is the real reason)

BruceSkywalker
due to writer's ignorance, most likely

kotorfan
@hewhoknowsall:

thats cuz they are all weak... maybe except anakin solo.

but we never got to see his full power cuz he died

and shimi isn't even a force sensitive.

and isn't Cade stronger than Kol???

edit again...: neither Ben nor Leia have developed their powers (Leia moreso than Ben.. but well idk since Leia beat Alema Rar) who also sucked

mattatom
Soon it'll be

Cade >Jaina i assume since the writers of the Legacy comics are making him more powerful every comic...

kotorfan
he is already more powerful than Jaina. As of now, the only thing she beats him in is saber combat. And that is all cuz of LOTF.

mattatom
Really? Well i have only read a few comics...
All that mandalorian teachings...

Captain REX
I would place Cade over Jaina... and Kol, as he seemed to be the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order in the Legacy era, not that has been confirmed.

As for why Jaina hasn't developed as strongly as the others of her family tree... I'm not sure. I would like, at some point, for there to be a powerful female Skywalker. Leia and Jaina are not good representations of the Skywalker lineage.

And haha, Shmi is not worth mentioning due to her lack of Force sensitivity.

WO Polaski
Jaina isn't that strong because she's a women. Simple as that.

mattatom
That and her writers aren't actually on crack.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by mattatom
That and her writers aren't actually on crack.

But mostly the fact that she's a woman.

kotorfan
Originally posted by WO Polaski
Jaina isn't that strong because she's a women. Simple as that.

fp not pp

well I suppose its still true..

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
But mostly the fact that she's a woman.

... and the fact that her writers aren't actually on crack.

no expression

kotorfan
Originally posted by Red Nemesis

no expression

didn't someone already say that?

Eminence
no expression

Red Nemesis

Slash_KMC

no expression

... But also, and most likely because she's a woman.

kotorfan

gosh ppl this was repeated like 3 times already also.

lol

Red Nemesis

And let's not forget the fact that her writers aren't actually on crack.

kotorfan
this thread is dead... lol

Slash_KMC
And let's not forget the fact that her writers aren't actually on crack.

On the other hand, we have another foremost reason that is very possibly the better obvious explanation to the question that is asked or in this case not asked and this answer, that I shall give you know, is in fact that the character Jaina Solo, offspring of Han Solo and Leia Organa/Skywalker known from the Star Wars galaxy created by George Lucas, is actually a woman.

Red Nemesis
On the other hand, we have another foremost reason that is very possibly the better obvious explanation to the question that is asked or in this case not asked and this answer, that I shall give you know, is in fact that the character Jaina Solo, offspring of Han Solo and Leia Organa/Skywalker known from the Star Wars galaxy created by George Lucas, is actually a woman.

Forsooth. However, when considering the myriad factors leading to the clear disparity in power between Jaina and the other members of the Skywalker clan, notably Luke and Jacen of the same name, one must also contemplate the disposition of the young womyn's authors, being careful not to pretermit the remarkable attribute that there are those among them who are decidedly not in the practice of imbibing methylbenzoylecgonine.

WO Polaski
"imbibing" is a poor choice of words unless it used in the most broad way possible. cocaine is either sniffed into the system or shot directly into the blood stream with a needle. the specific term of imbibing is "to drink in". not necessarily "to take in".

Red Nemesis
So it is. I have heard it as a euphamism for using pot, so I thought it would apply here.

Noted.

kotorfan
longest sentence in da world.

long story short:

Authors are sexist.

REX please close this thread now. lol

Slash_KMC
Not really. Click the following smiley for more information.

^ ^

Btw, Jaina, woman, reason be, mostly.

mattatom
Nemesis get your own view on things! Stop imitating mine!

Red Nemesis
I'm not imitating you. I'm helping you. How else will you win this stubborn-off with Slash?

Crack: it sometimes leads to unfair power distribution among fictional characters.

mattatom
Well you are a helper.
I appreciate it, would that be the comradeship forged over years?

Red Nemesis
Yes. Unquestionably.

It is just as irrefutably due to that cause (and that cause only) as is the reason for Jaina's relative dearth of power: Crack.

Also: Which choice best explains the relationship expressed here:
My actions are to comradeship as The reason for Jaina's dearth of power is to Crack.

Irrefutably
Doubtfully
Candidly
Alphabetically

The answer is 'A'!!!

Slash_KMC
Women: It sometimes leads to sexism in Star Wars. Most of the Star Wars staff are male (don't kid yourself, they are).

Srsly though, is there one woman in the top 10 most powerful Force users?

Also: Which choice best explains the relationship expressed here:
My actions are to comradeship as The reason for Jaina's dearth of power is to Crack.

Irrefutably
Doubtfully
Candidly
Alphabetically

I'd say 'D' would be the closest.

Red Nemesis
Gethzerion. She was pretty good to have mind fvucked Palpatine.

Crack.

WO Polaski
nah she was weak.

all the female fighters rely on being smart an stuff as opposed to just have boss powers.

Nephthys
Exile and Traya were pretty powerful, but probably not top ten. sad

mattatom
Traya more so due to her instakill.

Slash_KMC
Gethzerion. She was pretty good to have mind fvucked Palpatine.

Crack.

I wookiepedia'd her, she reminds me of a World of Warcraft character.

Btw, I just realised WoW is going to lose a lot of players to SW,TOR.

Women.

Red Nemesis
I really think that it will be my first MMO.

crack

mattatom
I'm getting sw:tor as well looks epic.

Eminence
That "stylized realism" shit is irritating. This isn't TF2.

kotorfan
dude I really hope its a one time pay thing.. but thats just my wishful thinking.. lol

and I really want Diablo III to come out already. but I would prefer swtor. And I would also prefer a SAVING SYSTEM so I can see different options... its really unfair to not be able to play it twice or replay things.

they really should make a kotor 3 instead.

and back to the topic, Jaina probably gets uber powers later. She has already developed saber skills good enough to rival caedus, so maybe force power will come in time. idk.. w/e

stupid karen traviss 你去死號碼? 仆街 我不喜歡你的 star wars made up 歷史  aka 歷屎 lol 哈哈哈 再見

Red Nemesis

mattatom
QFTFT

kotorfan
oops it was supposed to be 你去死好嗎?
yeah I know.. the sp experience is awesome. I don't want any mp shit.. and we won't be able to know what happens cuz there is no save system..

Slash_KMC
That's exactly it, haven't you seen the trailers? There won't be any going back and reloading after you made a choice. I like that.

Woman

Red Nemesis
Why would you like that?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/d/2/4/d245777abca64ece2d5d7ca0d19fddb6.png*http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/d/2/4/d245777abca64ece2d5d7ca0d19fddb6.png^http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/d/2/4/d245777abca64ece2d5d7ca0d19fddb6.png)http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/d/2/4/d245777abca64ece2d5d7ca0d19fddb6.png]Crackhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/math/d/2/4/d245777abca64ece2d5d7ca0d19fddb6.png*http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/d/2/4/d245777abca64ece2d5d7ca0d19fddb6.png^http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/d/2/4/d245777abca64ece2d5d7ca0d19fddb6.png)http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/d/2/4/d245777abca64ece2d5d7ca0d19fddb6.png]

Slash_KMC
Like they say in the trailer, it feels more real. Not like you can just reload and try options until you find an outcome that suits you best. You can actually make wrong choices and you'll have to live with it... So kids, don't play this game while not sober.

By the ****ing way, how do you get the infinite symbol? confused

Nephthys
crack?

kotorfan
That's exactly it, haven't you seen the trailers? There won't be any going back and reloading after you made a choice. I like that.

Woman

yeah I have seen the trailers. But the point is that I want to see both sides that are affected by my decisions in the game. and they are going to take that away. BUT they said specifically that they didn't want a save system to prevent players from reloading..

what is so bad about reloading to see other game content?

weren't they talking about how there was so much content in it? they were like CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT. ITS AWESOME. MUHAHAHA IT WILL HAVE MORE CONTENT THAN ALL OTHER GAMES COMBINED.

And now they only show half of their content. Whats the point of having that much content if players only experience 50% o fit? wtf I don't get their logic

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Nephthys
crack?

No, woman.

Slash_KMC
I haven't made a lot of double posts.

Originally posted by kotorfan
yeah I have seen the trailers. But the point is that I want to see both sides that are affected by my decisions in the game. and they are going to take that away. BUT they said specifically that they didn't want a save system to prevent players from reloading..

what is so bad about reloading to see other game content?

weren't they talking about how there was so much content in it? they were like CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT. ITS AWESOME. MUHAHAHA IT WILL HAVE MORE CONTENT THAN ALL OTHER GAMES COMBINED.

And now they only show half of their content. Whats the point of having that much content if players only experience 50% o fit? wtf I don't get their logic

You could always create another character I guess. I think they mean something like, you have a different story than other players, so you can ask them what they had to do, or didn't do, blah blah. Isn't it the same with WoW, so much content but eventually you only do the stuff your character is supposed to do

kotorfan
yeah but with so much content, there isn't much of a story anymore. its just content. lol

yeah I suppose I could create a different character. But there will be so many choices to make, and I would have to create hundreds of characters just to find out what happens.. lol

Elite Hunter
She hasn't developed her "power" because until the end of LOTF, she really wasn't training her jedi skills. She was more focused on fixing things,being a fighter pilot, what guy she loved and settling minor disputes (like she was doing between the vong war and swarm war)

kotorfan
that sounds like what a girl/woman would want to do, rather than fighting all the time. Its typical of females, which is why they usually aren't as strong/powerful as males.

I'm not being sexist. Its just a pattern worth noting.

Eminence
Originally posted by kotorfan
Its typical of females, which is why they usually aren't as strong/powerful as males.No, that'd be something called "testosterone."

kotorfan
well if they actually took the time to train, their force power would increase and could be more powerful than males. like Yaddle, or whoever else was powerful. like Traya

Eminence
Okay.

Allankles
Being a Skywalker doesn't automatically give you uber potential with the exceptions of Luke and Leia as they were direct descendants of the chosen one.

Every other Skywalker's power level is open to interpretation imo.

The author's chose to go with "the uberz" for 4 of the 7 Skywalker descendants after Luke and Leia, it might just be that Kol and Jaina are the exceptions - powerful but not in any way uber.

Eminence
What's wrong with Kol?

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Allankles
Being a Skywalker doesn't automatically give you uber potential with the exceptions of Luke and Leia as they were direct descendants of the chosen one.

Every other Skywalker's power level is open to interpretation imo.

The author's chose to go with "the uberz" for 4 of the 7 Skywalker descendants after Luke and Leia, it might just be that Kol and Jaina are the exceptions - powerful but not in any way uber.

I don't see how Jaina's potential isn't "uber," she is Jacen's twin after all and we saw how powerful he became. I think Jaina's problem is the lack of training, and constant distractions from errand missions for the jedi, to focusing on her non jedi/force skills.

kotorfan
yeah. She should get better with her force lightning, grip, and sensing skills. and Learn force repulse or wave. Then learn to be invisible in the force, and force server. That would do nicely against anyone.. Force storm (both kinds ) would be good to learn, as well as drain, and heart stopping. lol

Allankles
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I don't see how Jaina's potential isn't "uber," she is Jacen's twin after all and we saw how powerful he became. I think Jaina's problem is the lack of training, and constant distractions from errand missions for the jedi, to focusing on her non jedi/force skills.

Yet the authors have never focused on any perceived uber potential. Jaina, Jacen and Anakin Solo didn't all have the same potential.

It may be that Jaina is meant to be what she is: powerful but not in any way uber.

They should focus on continuing to improve her character to make her an even greater Jedi (since she's Leia's last child now), the depictions of her power have been sensible imo i.e. power isn't everything.

Allankles
Originally posted by Eminence
What's wrong with Kol?

Nothing. He's powerful but not uber, nothing wrong with that.

Vorpal Ruin
Well, Jaina is one of the top Skywalker pilots atleast.

Nephthys
Jacen was better though.

Vorpal Ruin
Jacen was better though.

Remember that time in NJO where they all went through some sort of asteriod field? I think Han/Chewie, Jacen, Anakin, Jaina and Kyp maybe all did it. Jaina was the best.

Hewhoknowsall
Is Jaina on par with say Obi Wan or even Jinn?

Lord Lucien
As of LoTF, I'd say she's surpassed Kenobi and Jinn.

Hewhoknowsall
Seriously? Then why do people claim that she's weak? Obi Wan and Jinn were both considered to be among the greatest jedi EVER.

Lord Lucien
Greatest Jedi of the PT era, which was at the point the greatest era ever. But it's difficult to argue against the NJO having members that at the least equal the PT. Luke, Kyp, Corran, Jacen, Jaina, Katarn---all pretty badass. Kenobi was a great duelist, but he can be overwhelmed by the Force, as Dooku has shown us. Jinn, while powerful, hasn't been credited with feats that surpass the NJO's top dogs.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Greatest Jedi of the PT era, which was at the point the greatest era ever. But it's difficult to argue against the NJO having members that at the least equal the PT. Luke, Kyp, Corran, Jacen, Jaina, Katarn---all pretty badass. Kenobi was a great duelist, but he can be overwhelmed by the Force, as Dooku has shown us. Jinn, while powerful, hasn't been credited with feats that surpass the NJO's top dogs.

Don't forget Tekli. Nobody beats Tekli.

Hewhoknowsall
But if Jaina has surpassed Obi Wan, then that makes him pretty darn powerful.

Lord Lucien
Huh?

Hewhoknowsall
@Lucien:

Obi Wan is a very powerful jedi, and I highly doubt that anyone would claim that his power isn't yet developed. And if Jaina is even more powerful, then she HAS GREATLY developed her power. Maybe not as powerful as Luke, but actually more powerful than Anakin.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
@Lucien:

Obi Wan is a very powerful jedi, and I highly doubt that anyone would claim that his power isn't yet developed.
Obiwan is powerful jedi overall but I hardly call him very powerful, yes his saber skills are some of the best ever but he has hardly impressed me force wise. There are quite a few jedi that I would rank higher then him overall.

Your using an ABC argument here.

Hewhoknowsall
Obiwan is powerful jedi overall but I hardly call him very powerful, yes his saber skills are some of the best ever but he has hardly impressed me force wise. There are quite a few jedi that I would rank higher then him overall.

Your using an ABC argument here.

Hardly very powerful? He is the greatest Soresu practitioner in recorded history.

No, not really. Jaina surpassing someone that was among the greatest jedi ever automatically makes her powerful.

Lord Lucien
EH thumb up

Kenobi was a prodigy in sabers, defensive-wise. But in the Force, he's lags behind the greats. Jaina would defeat him, not easily, but she'd do it.

Elite Hunter
Hardly very powerful? He is the greatest Soresu practitioner in recorded history.

Yes, but his force skills aren't even close to that which make lesser skilled (with a lightsaber) jedi be able to defeat him in battle.

Without going into detail I'd rank jedi like Galen Marek,Revan, and Kyp Durron ahead of him because of their skill with the force.

I never said she wasn't powerful.

In this post you are saying that Jaina>Obiwan, who you believe>Anakin(skywalker I assume) thus Jaina>Anakin which is an ABC argument. Which I'm not saying you are right or wrong with Jaina>Anakin but your logic certainly is.

Hewhoknowsall

In this post you are saying that Jaina>Obiwan, who you believe>Anakin(skywalker I assume) thus Jaina>Anakin which is an ABC argument. Which I'm not saying you are right or wrong with Jaina>Anakin but your logic certainly is.

I never said that Obi Wan > Anakin, I just meant that Obi Wan is about equal to Anakin. Jaina (according to Lucien) > Obi Wan = Anakin. Yes it is an ABC, but I never said that Jaina would beat Anakin, I'm just saying that in skill she is greater (assuming that she > Obi Wan). Sure; Anakin might beat her in a fight because he has some advantage over such as his form being suited to her form or whatever, but Lucien only said that she's surpasses Obi Wan, not that she'd beat him in a fight.

Lord Lucien
It's an erroneous statement to say Anakin=Obi-Wan. As of RoTS, Anakin had surpassed Obi-wan in the Force, and possessed the ability to wear down and break through Kenobi's Soresu---provided he was allowed to fight long enough. As we've all established that OT Vader>PT Vader (not Anakin), and Caedus equaled (or was it surpassed?) the OT Vader that Lumiya (was it?) compared him to--and Jaina, while not equaling her brother, was able to stand against him in a duel for a while, then...

It can be concluded safely that Jaina exceeds Kenobi in the Force, and maybe sabers (though I'm skeptical).

Hewhoknowsall
@Lucien

But either way Jaina IS powerful, so I have no idea why people claim that she's weak. If she's surpassed Obi Wan then she should be a master by now.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
and Caedus equaled (or was it surpassed?) the OT Vader that Lumiya (was it?) compared him to-
Surpassed as confirmed by Invincible.

Lord Lucien
@Lucien

But either way Jaina IS powerful, so I have no idea why people claim that she's weak. If she's surpassed Obi Wan then she should be a master by now. Well in comparison to her brother and uncle. Plus her character... ugh.

Hewhoknowsall
How old is Jaina? Thirties? Because Han and Leia as well as Jaina herself act like she's a child sometimes.

Lord Lucien
Writer's block. They can't imagine her as anything else. The twins were born in 8 ABY and LoTF is set around 40 ABY, so they're actually a decade older than Luke and Leia were during the Civil War, and about the same age as Han.

mattatom
They are not the same age, Jacen is physically 5 years older due to this, but yes they were born at the same time.

"When fighting with the true Supreme Overlord Onimi, Jacen drew upon the Unifying Force to destroy him using the Force alone in order to save his sister Jaina by achieving perfect balance between the light and dark sides. The result was possibly the most powerful use of Force Light ever known, a manifestation that surpassed the usage even by the legendary Jedi Masters Nomi Sunrider and Thon. This caused Jacen to physically age by five years and made him realize this state could never again be attained. "

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by mattatom
They are not the same age, Jacen is physically 5 years older due to this, but yes they were born at the same time.
Blah Blah semantics yada yada.

mattatom
Quoting fail.

I agree, that was stupid.

Hewhoknowsall
That's so weird that the writers make Jaina look like a child...

mattatom
That's so weird that the writers make Jaina look like a child...
Simple they're on crack, and paedophiles.

kotorfan
yup. They can't think of anything else interesting to write about.

kotorfan
sry for double post, but I can't believe Omen (FOTJ) comes out the day I finish my finals.. lol

I'll probably read outcast in a store, and buy omen.

also, Is that Jaina on the cover? She looks kinda dark-side-ish

or maybe its Jysella Horn, although it doesn't look like her on the cover.

Hewhoknowsall
According to the preview Jysella also goes insane...I have a feeling that Daala's behind it...or maybe not...

Elite Hunter
It's neither Jaina nor Jysella on the cover it some random new sith.

alterangel
She's female so OBVIOUSLY she has too much time spent in shopping, choosing a hunky boyfriend* and getting her period to actually TRAIN!

*(this is the real reason)

Chuck Norris secretly gets busy with every woman in the galaxy once a month. THIS is why they bleed for a week. True factoid.

Nephthys
Oh, I believe you. Totally.

kotorfan
Hey I haven't heard that before.. even if it is on the site, it doesn't seem appropriate for young kids to say for fun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.