Alex Mercer vs Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Last Rider
This was something I had to write about. Fight takes place in Times Square in NYC. Will the Son of Sparda end Mercer's reign of killing or will the famed demon slayer finally fall? Oh, and thanks for answering my other post. I really appreciate it.

Obsidian Fury
I've seen very little of Alex Mercer. Judging by what I've seen, Dante should take it.

NemeBro
What has Alex done to put him on Dante's level?

Insomniatric
Originally posted by NemeBro
What has Alex done to put him on Dante's level?

He did regenerate within a few seconds after having an atomic bomb capable of destroying Manhattan dropped on him.

He also defeated the Supreme Hunter, who was a far more powerful version of himself. He also is basically unaffected by anything the Military can do to him.

Although I don't know anything about Dante.

NemeBro
Yeah.

Based on that Dante cannot do shit to him, and Alex's healing factor shits on Dante's.

So he may win I guess.

Burning thought
I dont think either will defeat the other.

Nemesis X
If Alex consumes Dante, he'll gain his overratedness so hopefully Alex will think he's not worth consuming laughing out loud

Wei Phoenix
Yeah.

Based on that Dante cannot do shit to him, and Alex's healing factor shits on Dante's.

So he may win I guess.

Aren't Dante's weapons and stuff magic based or am I wrong? I haven't been into DMC since 2 so I'm rusty on some of the stuff.

C. C. Cowgirl!
I don't think there's much magic at all in DMC. At least not from Dante's sleeves.

Nemesis X
Alex wins this unless somebody here can prove to me that Dante's attacks are more powerful than an atomic bomb. Oh wait, I don't think anyone can because his attacks are nowhere near as powerful as an atomic bomb.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Dante can't beat Mercer. Of that, I have no doubt. If Mercer can do anything against Dante, I do not know.

jalek moye
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
I don't think there's much magic at all in DMC. At least not from Dante's sleeves. his melee weapons are, atleast some of them

NemeBro
And that means what?

The notion that magic is an auto-win button is idiotic.

What will Dante do to stop Alex from cutting his head off?

C. C. Cowgirl!
And that means what?

Unless Mercer is weak in the presence of magic.

NemeBro
Magic does not exist in Prototype does it?

C. C. Cowgirl!
I have no idea.

Wei Phoenix
And that means what?

I didn't say it was an automatic win. I only mean that it could affect or hurt him, not that a magic bullet to the shoulder would kill or even knock him out. It's just resistances like one person can have no physical durability at all, but they can be heavily resistant to energy based attacks or magic or mental.

Insomniatric
Magic does not exist in Prototype does it?

Nope, I have the game.

Totally awesome, I've already beat it twice.

I'm addicted to it.

I have a problem, it's true.

Insomniatric
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
Dante can't beat Mercer. Of that, I have no doubt. If Mercer can do anything against Dante, I do not know.

Alex can send his biomass underground and send an array of spikes shooting up wherever he wants.

He could also just consume Dante.

SpadeKing
I don't know if Dante can really kill Alex for good but he has powers to stop or slow time

create doubles & with that battle him & his brother did they can dish out about 20 slashes before even half a second can pass.

Don't know how this would turn out seeing as both of them regenerate from whatever happens basically, if alex does get ahold of dante & if he can consume him then thats easily game over

Insomniatric
Originally posted by SpadeKing
if alex does get ahold of dante & if he can consume him then thats easily game over

Which is pretty likely, given Alex's awesome speed.

k1Lla441
first someone needs to show me where he took this atom bomb, and also exactly how fast is alex? becuase if hes not as fast as dante then dante could just decapitate him.

Burning thought
Listen to the above post up to the "decapitate" bit, then we have the answer to this thread, as i said, neither can win, Mercer cannot be killed by Dante, he can come back from nothing but sludge on the ground and from a nuclear explosion, on the other hand, despite Mercer being able to just absorb Dante and possibly smash him to bits with his varous weapons, he is not fast enough to reach Dante, Dante could just stand back, fireing bullets and what not, then go in for the kill with time slowed, cleave Mercer up a bit, then Mercer reforms and it happens again, neither can win against the other, and although Mercer can not only survive anything Dante cna do but also one hit him, he cant because hes not quick enough.

NemeBro
Dante's stamina is not infinite to my knowledge.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by k1Lla441
first someone needs to show me where he took this atom bomb, and also exactly how fast is alex? becuase if hes not as fast as dante then dante could just decapitate him.

Alex has instant regeneration. Decapitation won't mean **** to him.

SpadeKing

Dante never tries until sometime into the game he gets stabbed and then goes into devil form.

hmm... I would say he has that one mega pistol shot but he needed help to do it but, Dante would do something dumb fighting Alex who is also as far as i can tell smarter and get absorbed

Burning thought
He wont need infnite stamina, he could run out of Mercers effective range have a sit down if he really needs to....

NemeBro
Originally posted by Burning thought
He wont need infnite stamina, he could run out of Mercers effective range have a sit down if he really needs to.... So he is leaving the fight?

That qualifies as a loss.

Burning thought
No, when did I say that? lol.......foolery

NemeBro
Then what will he be doing? Running away from Alex for the entire fight then?

Cause you know, it is not like Alex is going to stop his pursuit.

Burning thought
No hes going to go in with time slowed, knock Alex about a bit, slice him into putty then run out while Alex reforms, rests during the time period (if Alex can reform, its unkown how long it actually takes so Dante could be resting for hours) then the process happens again.

k1Lla441
This is exactly what i was thinking.Originally posted by Nemesis X
Alex has instant regeneration. Decapitation won't mean **** to him.
Which is why i asked someone show me proof of the bomb feat.

Is there a limit to his regeneration? does he come back from everything?

NemeBro
No hes going to go in with time slowed, knock Alex about a bit, slice him into putty then run out while Alex reforms, rests during the time period (if Alex can reform, its unkown how long it actually takes so Dante could be resting for hours) then the process happens again. Maybe, have not played Prototype so cannot really respond.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by k1Lla441
Is there a limit to his regeneration? does he come back from everything?

If Alex can regenerate from an explosion caused by an atom bomb, I think he can come back from everything.

k1Lla441
For the 50 millionth time, i have yet to actually see this.

NemeBro
8IA0LFzaGQc

Healed from a puddle apparently.

SpadeKing
No hes going to go in with time slowed, knock Alex about a bit, slice him into putty then run out while Alex reforms, rests during the time period (if Alex can reform, its unkown how long it actually takes so Dante could be resting for hours) then the process happens again.

I'm guessing it didn't take him long to reform, the helicopter didn't get far so he should've been in the ocean still cause the range that chopper was in it definately wasn't going anywhere from that blast & I'm just guessing he was reforming just a little after that bomb cause it seemed to be the same night

k1Lla441
8IA0LFzaGQc

Healed from a puddle apparently.

Hmm... yea, unless dante's stamina can some how last for forever, and his regeneration takes a while, then alex wins solely on the fact that he cant really die.

MooCowofJustice
Alex needed to absorb that crow to come back from that explosion. He would need to absorb Dante after Dante slices him up.

NemeBro
...Lol?

Are you actually going to compare Dante slicing Alex up to being 50 feet away from ground zero of a nuclear explosion?

Burning thought
My argument stands, we dont know how long it took for him to regen, and Dante is not going to run out of stamina, he could take a chill every time Mercer reforms from his puddle state and continue the fight.

Charlotte DeBel
In fact, the only Dante's weapon that has good chance against Mercer is... Cerberus (Mercer has never faced cryogenics, as they're non state-of-art real world weaponry, let alone mystical ones, so being flash-frozen can be really harmful to him).
Slashing and electrical\heat damage, despite being mystical in nature (produced by magical weaponry), is not that effective from what it seems... cold, however, can do the trick.

Just my 5 cents.

ScreamPaste
If Mercer does need to absorb some organic material to reform, I give this to Dante.

MooCowofJustice
...Lol?

Are you actually going to compare Dante slicing Alex up to being 50 feet away from ground zero of a nuclear explosion?

Well, if Dante is fast enough to reduce Alex to a puddle or at least damage him enough, then yes. But I still think Alex needs to absorb something after taking lots of damage.

NemeBro
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Well, if Dante is fast enough to reduce Alex to a puddle or at least damage him enough, then yes. But I still think Alex needs to absorb something after taking lots of damage. Reducing him to a puddle? Not possible, this isn't Afro Samurai sir.

First of all, it is obvious that Mercer has to actively will himself to regenerate in that vid, it is not automatic, he was a puddle for a long time, then he just kind of after a couple seconds or so regenerated to his normal form. He was not healing the entire time.

When Dante cuts him, Alex would already be healing his body. He would have a hard time reducing him to a state where he could not regenerate without eating something.

But Charlotte Debel brings up a good point, if Dante can freeze Alex's entire body to a point where he cannot escape, Dante would win.

SpadeKing
time freeze! eek!

isn't there a short limit to his time freeze? I can't remember how his quicksilver thing went

Charlotte DeBel
time freeze! eek!

isn't there a short limit to his time freeze? I can't remember how his quicksilver thing went

Quicksilver thing is limited by gameplay mechanics, it's possible to get the version with no time limits in game without cheats.

And cold-based weaponry is really the best idea against foe who is basically a sentient pile of protoplasm in human shape... so here Dante has the edge.
Cutting, shooting and blowing up stuff is kinda useless here by itself, though...

k1Lla441
time freeze! eek!

there talking about actual freezing, like with ice. And that would be pretty easy cus dante has the cerberus.

leonheartmm
spite, dante is ridiculously overpowered for this. his magical attacks arent sumthing cole can protect against. he wud annihlate cole.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by leonheartmm
spite, dante is ridiculously overpowered for this. his magical attacks arent sumthing cole can protect against. he wud annihlate cole.

This is Alex Mercer vs Dante. Did you mean Alex?

leonheartmm
srry, i mixed it up. yes i mean alex mercer, the bio weapon.

NemeBro
spite, dante is ridiculously overpowered for this. his magical attacks arent sumthing cole can protect against. he wud annihlate cole. You're wrong.

leonheartmm
^prove it. smile

NemeBro
Burden of proof is on you to prove he can do such things my simple-minded friend.

leonheartmm
^ and i did, in my previous post. your retort now needs proof to counter mine, and it has none. learn what the burden of proof is before making statements like that my simple minded friend.

NemeBro
Proof? Lol.

You made a STATEMENT. That is not proving anything imbecile.

leonheartmm
his magic attacks are ridiculously overpowered. this is FACT for any1 who has knowledge of the material. proof is reference to fact. to remind u he has defeated spiritual beings, the god of the underworld and the embodiement of the concept of despair with these attacks. there, proven again.

and stop with the insults kid.

NemeBro
his magic attacks are ridiculously overpowered. this is FACT for any1 who has knowledge of the material. proof is reference to fact. to remind u he has defeated spiritual beings, the god of the underworld and the embodiement of the concept of despair with these attacks. there, proven again.

and stop with the insults kid. Uh-huh. No real feats there. Titles like spiritual beings, gods(Mundus is a pussy) and concepts...Mean nothing without some kind of feat. Dante cannot produce the power to kill Alex through force alone.

No I rather enjoy insulting people lesser than me.

leonheartmm
^ruling the underworlf and having the power to rule the earth is a feat in its own right. concepts mean a lot specially when their purpose is to destroy the world. and dante has enough feats like beating the saviour and slicing the mountain sizes magical hell's gates with dimensional slashes etc.

youll be hard put to find any1 lower than you here. stop being a hormonal teenager.

Charlotte DeBel
We've already know which advantage Dante has in that fight (he is also FASTER than Mercer by feats and won't have that big of a trouble freezing him).

death2933
I dont think either will defeat the other. yea i think dante will try and shoot mercer but it wont effect him and then mercer would slice dante and he wouldnt die either. I think i remember dante getting shot in the head and not dying

Darkstorm Zero
TBH, I think Dante edges Mercer out with Cerberus... or Iceheart, Speed naturally goes to Dante, though Alex is no slouch, and actually has the physical strength edge. In close quarters, Mercer stomps

Dan666
Dante probably wont kill Alex, seal him using, "Jackpot", yes, but kill? no. also neither will die.

BloodRain
^ Brought back more..... but i agree not much to say either will kill the other. But Dante sealing Jackpot, Ice or whatever.

fortinbross
Yea.. i see Dante winning because Mercer exists in a world where magic does not exist, meaning he would have no way to defend against that, but oh well correct me if im wrong.

wammamram
but it woudln't matter because mercer can regenerate and pretty fast so no i don't think mercer would stomp but i think he would win

fortinbross
I wouldn't say pretty fast it isn't very efficient if you can only regenerate a small amount of health for every person you consume, provided that Dante is carful enough to stop that i'd say Dante would have a good chance at winning.

Dan666
Holy crud imagine if Dante went that Sparda devil trigger. no expression

Freshie
Gasp. I know this is an old topic but I find the match up very interesting and I thought I would add my two cents, being a newbie and all =O

If I may start, I first wanna say that one, this would be a somewhat unpredictable fight like any other because both combatants are ridiculously powerful beyond real measure. Alex Mercer for one has unlimited potential in terms of growth rate since he can augment his abilities through absorption and as long as their is biological material present, he can indefinitely regenerate from damage. Not only that, he has impressive physical strength, agility, the power to freely shapeshift.

But on the other hand, it seems people haven't quite hit on just how powerful Dante truly is and put his powers within a full scope which so that though not familiar with Devil May Cry truly understand. Not only is Dante in his human state have might comparable to Alex Mercer at full strength, its very well possible that his true form (Devil Trigger) could push him over the edge. However, there is much to consider before hand. I shall proceed to break it down for all to see. That and since I'm off today, I really have nothing else to do lol

Physical Might

Within the first story of Devil May Cry (which would be Devil May Cry 3 based on the timeline), Dante is shown at the age of 18, opening up his now unnamed shop. At the start of the game, he has yet to awaken his true powers and in fact, rejects the bulk of it due to his own issues demonic heritage.

However, he already displays supernaturally enhanced strength. He regularly shows this off by handing his broadsword one handed and swinging it swiftly with minimal effort. A small feat but he has done bigger. Over the developing events, he shows he is strong enough to cut through stone and thick slabs of ice unaided and has the power to slash through any man-made armor and material. Not only that but he regularly overpowers demons much larger than himself

In the later games when he is older and has gained more experience with his abilities and more skill, he becomes even stronger and can punch through solid stone without effort. In one instance in Devil May cry 4, he casually blocks a punch from The Destroyer, a giant demonic statue that towers well over the height of skyscraper just his sword and even has the time to keep up his conversation and make a quip about it all.

Speed and Agility and Reflexes

Dante is incredibly lithe and agile to the point where he overrides the laws of physics most likely due to the magical energy that pulses throughout his body. Often times, he is shown casually running to his destination and speed on par with peak human potential during gameplay but that isn't always the case. If he truly wishes, he can move beyond the speed of perception and disappear within the blink of an eye to overtake the opponents blindspot.

There are also other instances of his own speed such as when he threw a katana with all his might to bash and attack enemies, only to rush forward at speed surpassing it to catch it, not to mention avoiding his attackers along the way and throwing another sword into a wall so that he can balance upon it and keep his positioning in midair.

In terms of reflexes, they are superhuman and magical in nature as well. Even when he was younger in Devil May Cry 3, he proved he was capable of targeting bullets in mid flight and shooting them out of the air and dodging attacks so swift, they would be unavoidable by normal means. He can even catch a bullet in his teeth if he really wanted too as shown in Devil May Cry 3

Magical Powers

I probability should have hit this one first but here it is right here. Dante's demonic heritage grants him a number of supernatural abilities. He is essentially a magical being which makes his strength, speed, and such magical in nature. But there is more. He can channel that power through various means and mediums such as the air itself to deliver a crushing pressure wave, to his own firearms which is regularly does.

Due to this power, any weapon he uses never runs out of ammunition and it can be further enhanced by simply coating it with his power. A simple bullet from a handgun can turn into something with force of an artillery shell. He often finishes off demons with a single bullet which simply rends them asunder or blows them into pieces.

Curiously enough, his powers allow him to instantly master any type of weapon he gets his hands upon as shown in the games which leads to him showing it off in a flashy manner. The big thing is how he can draw on the classic elements or the power within his own weapons such as fire that is well beyond the heat anything on earth will offer (the ifrit gauntlets) or chilling cold of absolute zero (the cerberus nunchaku) There are more powers that he has but, they are so extensive, I will need to cover them elusively.

Regeneration

Dante regularly displays this as its a result of his magical ability. People have said that his regeneration takes time from what I have seen here but it actually doesn't. Dante regenerates instantly from practically any wound he takes. From being slammed into the ground and taking punches that would flatten and attacks that would completely render someone unrecognizable, he survives it and without any noticeable injury. Most notably, he shocked even his demonic attackers in Devil May Cry 3 when he ignored their attacks,(which was him being impaled at every conceivable angle with scythes) walked over to his jukebox, and proceeded to put on some fight music.

He has survived other things such as a bullet to the head and being impaled on his sword which happens basically in every game. The best example of his regeneration was how was basically cut in half by sword swipe but the blade merely passed through his torso, which resulted in not only survival but the avoidance of major blood loss and the spilling out of organs. Though his ability to regenerate can be worn down if he is constantly taking damage, he has supernatural stamina and mostly shrugs off anything that isn't enhanced with tremendous amounts of magic (such as Yamato, his brothers Katana) Unlike Mercer, he doesn't need any material to regenerate from and in theory, he could survive something such as a nuclear explosion though, it would likely tire him to the point that he needed rest.

Devil Trigger and Royalguard

By tapping into his own dormant power, he can transform himself into a pure demon. Though in Devil May Cry 3 and Devil May Cry, his form depended upon his weapon (in 3 and 1, this was due to the fact the weapons were created from the souls of deities and other demons he bested in battle) In 4 and 2 (the last game chronologically) he has a form that doesn't change no matter his weapon and his referred to as his true form. Upon using the devil trigger however, his abilities are all enhanced. He becomes much stronger, faster, and his instant regeneration becomes much more effective. He also becomes more durable too.

In the second game however, he has become so powerful that he has access to two forms, the first most likely to conserve energy. The first one being very humanoid in appearance, with bat-like wings and dark skin with glowing red veins. This form has access to built in handguns that fire bullets constructed of the elements and with more power behind them then his handguns even with magical energy backing them.

His second form is far more powerful and only accessible in dire situations (such as if his life is in danger, hence in the game. its only activated at low health) This form known as "The Majin form" is his true form. Majin Form partly resembles Sparda (his father in his demonic state). But, Dante keeps his bat motif with four bat-like wings, instead insectoid ones like his father.

With this form, he is completely invulnerable to damage of any kind and wields a pair of twin blades that protrude from forearms which lengthen with each of his swings to attack enemies at a distance. He can fire giant fireballs from his palms and freely fly at quick paces. But his more powerful attacks deal with both the dark and light element in unison.

He can create a spherical burst of energy within a large radius to destroy enemies around him for focus that energy in front of him to create a massive beam which rips apart opponents. All of these attacks are capable of bringing even high level demons to their knees within a few strikes, at times even one. Such is its power.

Aside from devil trigger, he can augment his defenses with a fighting style known as the royal guard where he can block and stop any attack if he perceives it and with this style, he has access to a transformation known as The Dreadnaught form which he is completely invulnerable to damage of any kind.
-------------------------------------------------------

I could go on but I have said so much as it is in my fit of boredom xD. I'm sorry I couldn't be more simple about it but hey, it happens =O All and all, it would be a fight that could go either way. Magic in theory is something even Alex couldn't adapt too but given his prowess and such and the number of his abilities and healing factor, he could fight on and on. His stamina could outlast even Dante's but.. its not fair to assume. terrian is everything and if Alex was in an area with no living matter or such to use to regenerate and all, he could be in trouble

BloodRain
Nice fact burst there, good first post too lol

In the end I dont see Alex getting many hits on Dante, all the while Dantes wears him down before he can heal. Kinda hard to kill Mercer though.

Freshie
I agree completely but, I suppose the conditions of the environment would sum up who has the win perhaps =O

Oh and thanks lol I tried!

linkownsyousobs
Haven't enemies tried to consume Dante before and failed? Idk I haven't played them in a long time, but I've beaten all of them but the first one.

Mercer can regenerate from a blast like that, but he would have to consume ppl to be able to keep regenerating. It isn't like he can do it every time he gets hit, he can take a certain amount of damage and die from it... his regeneration isn't like Buu, or Cell (DBZ) for example, it has a limit.

Being in NY city, this shouldn't be a problem for him, considering that there are millions of ppl there. The only thing he would have to worry about is Dante keeping him from absorbing ppl. Dante is no pushover either, Mercer would have one hell of a time trying to consume him.

Dante can regenerate too, being a half demon. In the beginning of 4, Nero impales him with his sword, and he just pulls it out and the wound heals. It didn't even look like it hurt him. I've never seen him blown to pieces, and be able to regenerate... so I'm not sure if he could, or not.

Also, this is kinda off topic, its just a rumor that I heard. One of my friends told me that Nero was supposed to be Virgil's son, and his mom was just some human that he knocked up. Has anyone else heard this, or is it BS?

BloodRain
If Dante got serious about ending him (like how he was before the Mundus fight) then he wont let Mercer get the chance. Though I wonder just how much he'd have to take to be out.

@linkownsyousobs: That was said in the DMC4 Novel. Most people are saying its not canon, but its still in the air.

linkownsyousobs
Originally posted by BloodRain
If Dante got serious about ending him (like how he was before the Mundus fight) then he wont let Mercer get the chance. Though I wonder just how much he'd have to take to be out.

@linkownsyousobs: That was said in the DMC4 Novel. Most people are saying its not canon, but its still in the air.

True... IDK, it'd take a LOT, Mercer is pretty beast, but he still has a limit. That gives Dante a chance to beat him. Rockets do a lot to Mercer when he gets hit by enough of them. With that said, Pandora's Box should help out a lot.

Cool, thanks for the info. I didn't even know there was a novel. Is it any good? It should be cannon. It pissed me off when Virgil died, he kicks ass. It'd make up for it if he had a son to take his place.

BloodRain
In gameplay Alex was hurt by them but in the cutscenes he can take a shot from a rocker launcher like it was nothing.

Only in Japanese and no one has been bothered to translate it :/ Answers alot of things, (like the first time Nero got his DB) a good read when its in English.

Freshie
well, I heard the Vergil rumor too. They say a capcom dood confirmed it at Captivate 2009 as well but its up in the air. Its tough to say because 4 makes so many references saying he has the blood of Sparda but.. who knows? It would explain how he can wield Yamato and all to boot.

As for novels and such, there are a lot of novels out, a few comics (some uncanon and some are) and Manga fox has the Devil May Cry 3 Manga if you wanna check it out.

linkownsyousobs
True, i don't remember exactly where in the game it was shown, but I remember seeing cut scenes like that.

Well damn... just another reason to make me wish I could speak/read Japanese.
Cool, I probably will when I get some extra time.
Have you guys seen the anime? I watched a few of the beginning episodes... its pretty good too.

BloodRain
Its cool to see what Dante does when not on big missions, addicted to the intro music ;p I demand they make more eps!

linkownsyousobs
Its cool to see what Dante does when not on big missions, addicted to the intro music ;p I demand they make more eps!

Agreed big grin

No End N Site
I heard Nero was a Sparda clone.

Phanteros
Nero is actually Virgil's bastard son.

Charlotte DeBel
Originally posted by Phanteros

Sired at the age of 16, when Virgil was not yet full of pathos but was just like any teenager wishing for good sex. Nero's mother is some random whore with no powers whatsoever.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Phanteros

WAT?

Hard to believe someone that retarded could be the son of someone that cool >__>.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
WAT?

Hard to believe someone that retarded could be the son of someone that cool >__>.

That what happens you're father bastardizes you and you're left to be raised by a cult.

poo4u
It would be a really close match, People making a big deal on how Alex survived a bomb attack. Big whoop Dante takes on Monsters and demons 20times his own size and does it with ease, Dante will be able to wipe out all of Alex's enemys without breaking a sweat at all. Though as much as i like Prototype im thinking Dante might have this one.

Alex Vs Dante punch for punch Dante may have the edge for strength speed and endurance however if Alex does manage to wind him down. Theres always the devil trigger. and no doubt Dante in devil trigger speed, strength, regeneration, everything increase's tenfold and then its all over for Alex.

BloodRain
To put it out there, Abigail had the regen to instantly reform from a pool of blood and Dante was able to destroy him in one devil amped strike. The chances gave to Alex before have mostly dropped from this.

Dan666
Well, I think it would last a while at least. Dante seems to pull devil energy out of his but whenever it looks desperate so he should win but he'd probably take a bit to get used to Alex's abilities.

jcscs14
How in gods name can cutting mercer do anything.
Allow me to explain something to you people the weapon meant to destroy manhattan was a fusion weapon this means that it had all the power of a supernova but over a smaller area, and yet he survived this and regenerated to his full form which is at least +10 tons in weight from 2 pounds of weight. He obviously got massively stronger from surviving this just like a virus normally does and i quote"What doesn't kill me only makes stronger", clearly implying that he would be able to survive another fusion bomb much easier, possibly not even be wounded. Another thing Alex mercer with full critical mass weighs 20 tons. Put this into a person who should only be 180 pounds and put 50 percent of that mass into a layer thats only an inch thick and you have armor even thicker than R136... which is possibly the densest object in the northeastern portion of the galaxy. Dante with all his strength would only break his toys and how is dante equal to mercer in strenght or speed mercer lifts 70 ton tanks and throws them 100 of meters, the average person cant even do that to a baseball. his max bench would likely be over 1300 tons. Mercer can run far faster than cars possibly at speeds of 160 mph ive never seen dant move like that, other than simple reflexes. Mercer would rape dante in so many ways the human mind could only imagine.

Enfathiel
Mercer regenerated from a nuke...

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by jcscs14
How in gods name can cutting mercer do anything.

It has more to do with Demon energy than it does with the cutting power. That said, Alex can be taken down with firearms.

Allow me to explain something to you people the weapon meant to destroy manhattan was a fusion weapon this means that it had all the power of a supernova but over a smaller area, and yet he survived this and regenerated to his full form which is at least +10 tons in weight from 2 pounds of weight. He obviously got massively stronger from surviving this just like a virus normally does and i quote"What doesn't kill me only makes stronger", clearly implying that he would be able to survive another fusion bomb much easier, possibly not even be wounded.

First, Alex was in a chopper. Second, he wasn't at ground zero. Third, a nuclear detonation is NOT at the same temperature or blast force as a supernova.... Thats a ridiculous claim to make.... If anything ever where to get near those temperatures, the atmosphere would cook itself of the planet.

Oh, and since you made the claim, I ask that you provide evidence for the "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger", since canonically speaking, he only gains new abilities and powers through consumption.

Another thing Alex mercer with full critical mass weighs 20 tons. Put this into a person who should only be 180 pounds and put 50 percent of that mass into a layer thats only an inch thick and you have armor even thicker than R136... which is possibly the densest object in the northeastern portion of the galaxy.

Density does not nessisarily translate to durability, as Mercer regularly has to soak 5.56mm assault rifle rounds, even through his armor and shield.

Dante with all his strength would only break his toys and how is dante equal to mercer in strenght or speed mercer lifts 70 ton tanks and throws them 100 of meters, the average person cant even do that to a baseball. his max bench would likely be over 1300 tons. Mercer can run far faster than cars possibly at speeds of 160 mph ive never seen dant move like that, other than simple reflexes. Mercer would rape dante in so many ways the human mind could only imagine.

Err, the fact that Dante can do unbeleivable shit like tanking Saviour, which is WELL in excess of benching an Abrams or even the thermobaric tank, Hammer.

Oh, when has Mercer ran at 160mph? Last I remember, he only outran cars that are going at usual street speeds, not racing, and often are in gridlock... Nice try tho.

ares834
Dante is not keeping Mercer down. Te real question is can Mercer hit and kill Dante for the win?

Burning thought
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

Err, the fact that Dante can do unbeleivable shit like tanking Saviour, which is WELL in excess of benching an Abrams or even the thermobaric tank, Hammer.

Oh, when has Mercer ran at 160mph? Last I remember, he only outran cars that are going at usual street speeds, not racing, and often are in gridlock... Nice try tho.

I still dont recall him throwing tanks, I always thought tanks were one of the things you could not pick up unless I missed a trick, can anyone show me this happening.

And this, Mercer is fast but not that fast.

jcscs14
Yes theys are both fusion weapons get over your overrated bishi boy both a fusion weapon and a supernova have similar tempartures and both damn near disentigrate matter. ever see the sedan 1962 test site its not even destruction its just a giant spherical crater. second off since when did the savior weigh anything near +1300 tons its only twice the size of a large whale which would given its human shape make it 100 tons. And no anything less than 50 cal doesnt even damage mercer in armor at least on normal which by the way is a lot more challenging than the hardest difficulty on dmc. Not only that, dante cant even throw cars. Second off mercer is an atomic level shapeshifter who due to absorbing green has control over millions of hunters and infected, each of which are stronger physically than dante. Seriously Heller says "You send your pets to kill me", I say that because he commonly forms metals in his transformations, seriously whats stopping him from turning into a godzilla sized dragon and biting his head off which the only reason you cant do is for gameplay reasons. Dante has never faced anyone as physically overpowering as mercer and if you think a blackwatch assault rifle would shoot 5.56 youre a blooming ediot. Yeah he can pick up tanks after hes destroyed them youve clearly never played the game. He may not be as agil..............WHAT AM I SAYING HE RUNS UP THE SIDE OF VERTICAL STRUCTURES FOR GOD'S SAKE. if you have sprint max and you get him at full speed he can get from one end of manhattan to the other end in about 4 minutes of gameplay he is definitely faster in long distance by a MILE.

jcscs14
what do you mean tanking, two hits from the savior on normal and hes dead............If you still think dante is more than a girly man watch asura's wrath giant gameplay it will blow you naive little mind.

jcscs14
did you actually say density doesnt have anything to do with durability seriously are you in kindergarden.............Im not talking about atomic desity im talking about molecular density you know my naive little friend bonds and the sort that make the material graphene 200 times stronger than steel.Yeah i would like to see him even tickle prototype 2 Alex..............

jcscs14
He was no more than a kilometer away, which for any nuclear weapon is ground zero.

Burning thought
Not sure I fully understand the common expression but I think that deserves a;

http://operatorchan.org/k/arch/src/k120188_cool%20story%20bro%20bale.jpg

BloodRain
Hey a quadruple post from an angry lil poster, good times.

Twice the size of a whale.. and only 100 tons? Get a Blue Whale, make it 5 times taller, longer and wider then go ahead and make it out of stone. Do that and you'll get something over 60000 tons. A punch from a 100+ meter tall man of stone is going to be far more than whats needed to throw a tank at 100m/s. Mercer is strong, Dante's just stronger.

Strong fire arms do minor damage and strong explosives like RPG's or tank fire are more dangerous. Now, how would he cope with explosives or lasers far stronger than tank fire? Bit of an owie there?

Just so you know that 'running up buildings' means nothing as its physically impossible. Alex is faster than the mortal eye can see, 200mph. Thats very fast... except to Dante who surpasses the speed of sound.

Any other points or should we start discussing Alexziller?

Originally posted by ares834
Dante is not keeping Mercer down. Te real question is can Mercer hit and kill Dante for the win?
Mercer's regen < Abigail's regen < Dante's attack.
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Though he can out-pace/keep up with AH-64D helicopters that can fly past 200mph.

Burning thought
Note "can fly past 200 mph", not necessarily did at any specific time he bypassed them in the inner city/urban area their fighting in.

BloodRain
Kinda like saying he cant pick up as he didn't necessarily pick one up on his rampage. But both can still happen.

Burning thought
Not sure your examples are even connected somehow. He still kinda has to actually show him speeding at 200 mph+, I have seen him throwing things equel to weight of a copter though including themselves.

Kuja9001
Mercer needed a crow to help him regenerate faster.

BloodRain
Last time I was chasing down a guy in my chopper, not going full speed to catch them never seemed like a good plan.

Thats their speed and Alex can match them. He's also faster than taxi's when speeding away, also close to that 200 number.

Burning thought
Then you entered an urban area right? where going at 200 mph around skyscrapers would be hella dangerous! Making up funny stories wont prove any case, neither will running off max speed numbers for various vehicles. I am sure Mercer can also outrun parked cars, its irrelevent.

BloodRain
Tried, too many birds.

There are reasons these vehicles needed to go as fast as they can; catch the vital target, avoid death, common things. Reasons they wont; Scared of crashing, big fan of death. Yeah, lets try a better reason now.

Peach
He was no more than a kilometer away, which for any nuclear weapon is ground zero.

Quit spamming up the thread and learn to edit your posts.

jcscs14
you are a fanboy and whether you know it or not youre wanking, a whale is quite a bit denser than a human if we were that size we'd only be 30 tons compared to 100 tons, not only that but THE SAVIOR IS HOLLOW. did you even see the video I reccomended. Since when can mundus reality warp. He never did that and if he could he wouldve wiped dante and friends right off the chessboard. And if he didnt than that means he couldn't have at the time.

BloodRain
Yeah a total Dante wanker, thats why I saying Alex is faster and stronger than you came and claimed.. all part of the wank.

But is a whale denser than, I dunno.. stone? And no, its been proven that the Savior is in fact not hollow... and who mentioned Mundus? Though yes, creating Trish from nothing then changing the area they were in is Reality Warping.

oTItRfN-LO8

HOLY SHIT IT'S ALEXZILLER AND JAMESZUKI!!!!

Kuja9001
Question

How fast is this? The glass appears to stop in mid air.

Enfathiel
Originally posted by Kuja9001
Question

How fast is this? The glass appears to stop in mid air.

It's stated to give Dante lightning speed.

BloodRain
^Pretty much this.

Thought for those that wont accept a lighting speed statement without off the bat; Mach 88 with casual swings, aka half lightning speed, most likely hitting that bolt mark at full speed. Either way confirming the statement.

The glass was falling at 10m/s where to Dante it appeared to fall at 1mm/s (A bottom piece moved 1cm in the 10 second slashing), 1/10,000th the speed. From his view he did a few practice movements at 3m/s, this would make these movements 30,000m/s.

Darkstorm Zero
Yes theys are both fusion weapons get over your overrated bishi boy both a fusion weapon and a supernova have similar tempartures and both damn near disentigrate matter. ever see the sedan 1962 test site its not even destruction its just a giant spherical crater.

Right.....

Nuclear detonation temperatures reach into the tens of millions of Kelvins worth of temperature. A supernova, is around 100 BILLION Kelvins. Do you realise that we are talking a difference of about 10 orders of magnitude here in temeprature levels alone?

second off since when did the savior weigh anything near +1300 tons its only twice the size of a large whale which would given its human shape make it 100 tons.

No, because Saviour is much much larger than a demon that took the shape and size of a skyscraper.

And no anything less than 50 cal doesnt even damage mercer in armor at least on normal which by the way is a lot more challenging than the hardest difficulty on dmc.

Thats why 5.56mm M4 Assault Rifles work against him, amirite?

You've never played "Dante"Must Die" mode, obviously...

Not only that, dante cant even throw cars. Second off mercer is an atomic level shapeshifter who due to absorbing green has control over millions of hunters and infected, each of which are stronger physically than dante. Seriously Heller says "You send your pets to kill me", I say that because he commonly forms metals in his transformations, seriously whats stopping him from turning into a godzilla sized dragon and biting his head off which the only reason you cant do is for gameplay reasons.

I didn't know that the ability to throw vehicles was the sole provider of a strength feat...

Thats an interesting hypothesis on your part. here's mine: Even after absorbing Greene, and killing the Supreme Hunter on the Regan, every infected still tries to kill Alex, ergo, he has no control over them, at all.

Umm, the fact that Alex has NEVER transformed into such a state? Demonstration of ability is required, rather than speculation.

Dante has never faced anyone as physically overpowering as mercer and if you think a blackwatch assault rifle would shoot 5.56 youre a blooming ediot. Yeah he can pick up tanks after hes destroyed them youve clearly never played the game. He may not be as agil..............WHAT AM I SAYING HE RUNS UP THE SIDE OF VERTICAL STRUCTURES FOR GOD'S SAKE. if you have sprint max and you get him at full speed he can get from one end of manhattan to the other end in about 4 minutes of gameplay he is definitely faster in long distance by a MILE.

Ok Genius, what where they firing? Some sort of magical calibur bullet that instantly frays targets? What a complete and utter load of steaming crap that is...

So... A burned out wreck is the same weight as a complete M1 tank now? Seriously, much of the weight has been stripped off, including the treads and the turret by the time he gets a chance to lift the thing. That easily drops the weight by a third.

I'm guessing you don't see how he sticks to surfaces... Figures...

yeah, and we ALL know that Manhattan in game is the same size and shape as it is in real life, right?

what do you mean tanking, two hits from the savior on normal and hes dead............If you still think dante is more than a girly man watch asura's wrath giant gameplay it will blow you naive little mind.

I mean the cinematic where he stops Saviour's punch with one hand and does not move. Alex gets stunned repeatedly by hunters, both in game and in cinematic.

did you actually say density doesnt have anything to do with durability seriously are you in kindergarden.............Im not talking about atomic desity im talking about molecular density you know my naive little friend bonds and the sort that make the material graphene 200 times stronger than steel.Yeah i would like to see him even tickle prototype 2 Alex..............

*Shakes head* Do you even know the terms you use? Are you that sloppy with your research that you think suddenly that molecular or atomic density translates to being durable? Listen here. Even hard metals are brittle and capable of being rended by metals of less density and hardness. I've done enough corses through my long life to know the difference bitween density and durability. Now, the next time you want to try being smart, do your research first.

You actually know how far the bomb sank beneath the water? Do tell! I mean it's not like he wasn't in a chopper flying away while the bomb was sinking into the sea.... Oh no! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Burning thought
I dont agree with jcscs but Dante is not "lightning speed", he cannot react or counter Vergils slow attack which knocks him over, yes he can do blind quick slashes that do not do much if any damage but when hes actually fighting things as slow as Nero just tossing a sword or Vergil tapping him with Yamato can knock him over also Dante does not stop Saviours fist with one hand, he uses the flat edge of his sword (which being able to take the force means its damn durable/absorbant) which does not even arguably stop it, Saviour freezes at that point anyway.

BloodRain
Besides ignoring several feats for a single explainable lower feat, this is after obtaining Alastor.

Rest is babble.

Burning thought
Not sure he has any feats of fighting at lightning speed or anything beyond peak human+, anything else is fan wank tbh. I mean hell, lady can react to Vergil, Dantes shown more scenes of him failing to react to vergil whos not even moving that quick.

Also the Alastor thing is explainable, for example it does not look like speed at all, it looks more like a kinetic field created by the static of the lightning holding the glass, Dante himself is moving fairly slow anyway, its also not repeatable as it only happens while the blast of energy moves around him which does not happen every time he uses Alastor.

Fact is if someone wants to hit him, Vergil, Jester, Nero and possibly lady among others have proven they can hit him, even with fairly slow attacks.

The Scenario
Also the Alastor thing is explainable, for example it does not look like speed at all, it looks more like a kinetic field created by the static of the lightning holding the glass, Dante himself is moving fairly slow anyway, its also not repeatable as it only happens while the blast of energy moves around him which does not happen every time he uses Alastor.

...the hell?

Kinetic field created by the static of the lightning as it holds the glass. Yes, this makes perfect sense and is physically possible.

It's like slashing your wrists with Occam's razor.

BloodRain
"Lady can react to Vergil"
And then a few seconds later Jester explains to the out of breath twins why he, and in that case Lady, could react to them.

"kinetic field.."
Stopped reading. Claiming fan wank then making up an ability, nice play there.

"Even I'm faster than Dante"
Yeah, just need to ignore 14 different Mach feats in favour of.. 2 explainable lower-end feats and we're good to go.

Burning thought
Originally posted by The Scenario
...the hell?

Kinetic field created by the static of the lightning as it holds the glass. Yes, this makes perfect sense and is physically possible.

Stasis fields are common in fiction, this looks like a stasis field. Buzz lightyear can do something like that with is gravity belt, Toy story 2 ftw!

Also you argue whats physically possible or impossible in DMC and in this scene in particular? hypocritical....

"Lady can react to Vergil"
And then a few seconds later Jester explains to the out of breath twins why he, and in that case Lady, could react to them.

"kinetic field.."
Stopped reading. Claiming fan wank then making up an ability, nice play there.

"Even I'm faster than Dante"
Yeah, just need to ignore 14 different Mach feats in favour of.. 2 explainable lower-end feats and we're good to go.

What so if their "out of breath" their instantly below a human being? Jester said they were weakened, thats about it therefore are possibly slower although that still does not cover the fact Vergil moving at roughply the same speed he did at the beginning of the game on Lady and her blocking it.

Ironic considering you love making up abilities for Dante all the time, 14 mach feats? lulz, also further lulz on the childish "stopped reading" then continued to post a quote and response to text after that line.

I dont know about me being faster, but lady is not far off in that scene and hes stopped by pretty much everyone with slower attacks, your inventing your own Dante now.

The Scenario
Stasis fields are common in fiction, this looks like a stasis field. Buzz lightyear can do something like that with is gravity belt, Toy story 2 ftw!

It happens in some fiction means it automatically applies to all fiction now? Buzz Lightyear has a legitimate explanation for his gravity field, i.e: the belt is known to do that. In this example we have Dante swing a sword, with no visible field, nor is any "static" actually touching the glass. In that way, it just comes across as something you made up to downplay it. Let's see, your example has Buzz surrounded by a vaguely blue spherical shield, Dead Space has a stasis field that surrounds thing in a blue glow as they slow down. What does Dante have surrounding him? Nothing. Your suggestion that the lightning was stopping the glass from falling not only has no basis in reality, it isn't even indicated in the cutscene, as seen when there is no lightning even near the glass throughout Dante's swings.

Well, yes. Lightning can't actually do what you suggest, and there's no indication that there's anything supernatural going on to slow down the glass. Maybe you would have a point if there was visible "devil lightning" holding the glass up, but alas, there is not. What's hypocritical about that?

Burning thought
It happens in some fiction means it automatically applies to all fiction now? Buzz Lightyear has a legitimate explanation for his gravity field, i.e: the belt is known to do that. In this example we have Dante swing a sword, with no visible field, nor is any "static" actually touching the glass. In that way, it just comes across as something you made up to downplay it. Let's see, your example has Buzz surrounded by a vaguely blue spherical shield, Dead Space has a stasis field that surrounds thing in a blue glow as they slow down. What does Dante have surrounding him? Nothing. Your suggestion that the lightning was stopping the glass from falling not only has no basis in reality, it isn't even indicated in the cutscene, as seen when there is no lightning even near the glass throughout Dante's swings.

Well, yes. Lightning can't actually do what you suggest, and there's no indication that there's anything supernatural going on to slow down the glass. Maybe you would have a point if there was visible "devil lightning" holding the glass up, but alas, there is not. What's hypocritical about that?

Its an explanation just as good as any and theres a visible effect when he lifts the sword and the blast that drops the glass. If he was swinging it with such speeds, the air pressure expanding outwards would knock the glass away or shatter it more, it doesnt affect the glass at all, hence why the stasis field idea which has present static energy and frozen glass shown more likely. Speed suggests air pressure, friction and heat, none of this is present and Dante is shown moving slowly, its just another claim/assumption worse than some form of stasis that were seeing it from his perception at that point. his clothes are also displaying slow speed, the guy wears a trench coat, it should be flying all over the place yet its as if hes wearing a body suit.

And lightning cant speed someone up either, my suggestion assumes that magic effect from the sword does this rather than make Dante move at tens of thousands meters per second lol....also nothing supernatural going on? is this a joke or more Scenario esque trolling because I think its clear something supernatural is going on. Just not for dantes speed or reaction times, which are just as slow as ususal and consistently shown in the games after.

The "affect" of the glass also stopped once Dante stopped moving, if this were reactions or speed then his sword would move further when he throws it in the air, it should infact go flying into the ceiling, then the glass "magically" drops all of a sudden.

BloodRain
haermm

-------------------------------

Jester's Ma3+ for casual E&I dodging, the twins slashing a Ma3 rocket confirms this. Mach 3 when worn out.

Show me one Rain-claim of Dante that isnt backed up by the game. The 'stopped reading' is to indicate how the interest I had that youd show me a legit reason was trampled. But seriously, stasis field? I hope you have evidence to back this up. Because after the initial blase there's no indication that the lightning it effecting the glass, nor do we see anything change when the slow-mo stops.

Lol my Dante? Bro 8/10 people that know him on about any debating forum knows he's hypersonic, compared to the 1 known person on the net that believes in your Kain. And its actually 17; Three Mach 1's, five 3's, pair of 5's, four 10+ and three n a half lightnings. You do realise that by your logic Sonic is not supersonic for being tagged by much slower things... unless you do actually believe that Sonic is only peak human?

Burning thought
Ok so your counter is aim dodging from Jester, a rocket that moves at a few meters a second, hell Dante can stand on one with ease as it flies fairly slowly for a rocket around hte room and mach 3? lulz...

None of your claims are backed by the game while I have pointed out a handfull of evidence for Dante not having good reactions. Also I like how I need evidence to suggest the stasis field but you dont for Dantes speed boost, hilarious.

Yes "your" Dante, the one that has mach 15 reactions but cant best slow jabs from vergil and who has thousands of tons of strength but can only just about pull a sword from his chest or needs bullet energy impacts to push a sword into a glass oval when his strength fails him lol. "your Dante indeed.

And no, my logic does not suggest that. Dante is consistently tagged by people far slower than mach 15, therefore his reactions are not mach 15. I can name one time where he may be moving at mach 1 or 2 and thats while hes running down Temigiru tower or w/e its called.

The Scenario
Look, all I'm saying is there is no evidence for a "stasis field" whatsoever beyond something you made up. That is quite far from the simplest explanation with the fewest assumptions. Let me say it this way: Dante is known to be fast, the sword is not known to produce a stasis field, so which is more likely? That Dante is simply showing off his speed, or Alastor is demonstrating a completely new ability it never had before, will never have again, and is completely invisible?

If your first instinct is accuse me of trolling, I seriously doubt you're considering my words. There's no lightning, no static, no field surrounding Dante or the glass, absolutely nothing is supernaturally holding up the glass. Yes, Dante is supernaturally fast, but in the context of "glass floating" there is no evidence of anything supernatural holding it up.

Burning thought
Look, all I'm saying is there is no evidence for a "stasis field" whatsoever beyond something you made up. That is quite far from the simplest explanation with the fewest assumptions. Let me say it this way: Dante is known to be fast, the sword is not known to produce a stasis field, so which is more likely? That Dante is simply showing off his speed, or Alastor is demonstrating a completely new ability it never had before, will never have again, and is completely invisible?

If your first instinct is accuse me of trolling, I seriously doubt you're considering my words. There's no lightning, no static, no field surrounding Dante or the glass, absolutely nothing is supernaturally holding up the glass. Yes, Dante is supernaturally fast, but in the context of "glass floating" there is no evidence of anything supernatural holding it up.

Its a pretty simple explanation though, the magic sword created some kind of stasis and we see glass pretty much freeze in mid air, if youve got a clever explanation then lets have it. Alastor never shows that or any of those powers again iirc and Dantes known to be fast, that does not mean he gains 10,000 m/s speed while using the sowrd, thats not implied at all which as i said, is impossible given no friction, movement or sonic pressures.

Your claiming "supernatural powers" are not evident when clearly they are, and the glass starts to slow as soon as the lightning blasts it so clearly theres some power here. The whole event is supernatural, theres just as much a reason to suggest supernatural stasis as anything at the moment, a speed boost on the other hand is impossible because of the reasons I pointed out. Hell some of those glass piecies are inches from him, so unless they have become immune to gravity they should be launched all over the place from air pressure as I said, or shattered and thats ignoring the movement of the sword at the end or his clothes.

Dantes blind movement speed is probably mach 1, his actual reaction times, peak human.

BloodRain
Casually aim dodging several dozen bullets.. casual doesnt even describe dancing around. Rockets move at Mach 1-3. Gee, I wonder why Dante can surf on a Ma1-3 rocket no expression

"you love making up abilities", didnt answer what I asked. You want me to explain how a magical demonic weapon can increase speed? no expression "Gives the possessor lightning speed(...)" then calcing it to be lightning speed. Ta-da, in-game quote and out-game calc. Now, one shred of evidence from you will be nice.

Hah yeah, totally sure that I'm the only person who thinks Dante is hypersonic. The sole person that believes this. Another dodge? Bad BT; "You do realise that by your logic Sonic is not supersonic for being tagged by much slower things... unless you do actually believe that Sonic is only peak human?" Well? Sonic was tagged my slow things, is he at peak speeds? Kratos puts effort into lifting doors, is he weaker than Link? You're chosing to ignore over a dozen speed feats just because of two scenes that have been explained in the game.

Burning thought
Aim dodging all the same, Dantes aim is obvious, theres no implication he sees each bullet and steps aside, if anything hes not even trying to dodge at all, hes a comic character. Some do, this one moves at about a meter or two a second. Theres no reason why he can...other than the thrust of the rocket is so weak it cant knock his bodyweight off unless your trying to give him spider man grip as well.

So you cant prove it, the in-game quote is general and can be just as much hypobole as anything else. my evidence is the same piece, the fact glass hovers without much if any momentum.

Lifting doors is gameplay, Dante getting impaled by Nero, needing bullets to make up for his strength and getting tagged by Vergil moving slowly is not. None of this is explained in the game apart from a rough implication why Jester can stomp Dante and Vergil, ime not using Jester as an example though, Dante being slow is shown, yes and explained but you dont like the canon it seems. Also, spitting out "dozen speed feats" and "Mach 15!!" over and over is a waste of time buddy.

The Scenario
Here's a simpler explanation: Dante's fast. There, done, we can all go home.

The point of Alastor is to make Dante faster, as stated by the description of it giving the user lightning speed. The point of Alastor is not to trap everything nearby in a stasis field, which you just made up.

Burning thought
Here's a simpler explanation: Dante's fast. There, done, we can all go home.

The point of Alastor is to make Dante faster, as stated by the description of it giving the user lightning speed. The point of Alastor is not to trap everything nearby in a stasis field, which you just made up.

Not lightning fast though, thats not an explanation on why the glass is floating in the air. Infact thats just as much an explanation as me saying the "sword is magical" hence why the glass flies.

Thats what it did on screen though apprently, the description is hyperbole because as i said, physics on Dante at the time there do not imply lightning speed, or tens of thousands of m/s which BR made up, and you follow because you just want to argue with me, you have no counter yourself. If in-game descriptions were taken as face value Kains wolf form allows him to "move like lightning" smile

BloodRain
"Aim dodging all the same (...) if anything hes not even trying to dodge at all"

Aim dodging but not aim dodging, oh that makes sense.

Dante rides up buildings, he doesn't believe in traction. Ma3 rocket < Dante.

"Can't prove it"

Yes, I'm sure a direct quote with matching calcs < your random, evidentless idea. Speaking of, wheres that evidence?

"Lifting doors is gameplay"

Kay, Kratos visibly struggles against weaker foes, so he cant match Cronos. So you're 100% behind Sonic being at human speeds? Kewl.
I can say that as much as I like and it'll still be trump whatever youre saying;

17 Mach feats < 2 low feats.

17 Mach feats < 2 low feats that have an in-game reason for being that low.

17 Mach feats < your guesses.

Burning thought
"Aim dodging all the same (...) if anything hes not even trying to dodge at all"

Aim dodging but not aim dodging, oh that makes sense.

Dante rides up buildings, he doesn't believe in traction. Ma3 rocket < Dante.

"Can't prove it"

Yes, I'm sure a direct quote with matching calcs < your random, evidentless idea. Speaking of, wheres that evidence?

"Lifting doors is gameplay"

Kay, Kratos visibly struggles against weaker foes, so he cant match Cronos. So you're 100% behind Sonic being at human speeds? Kewl.
I can say that as much as I like and it'll still be trump whatever youre saying;

17 Mach feats < 2 low feats.

17 Mach feats < 2 low feats that have an in-game reason for being that low.

17 Mach feats < your guesses.

That logic can be taken into account with all of these scenes as well, "dante does not belive in speed", Dante does not belive in "logic", therefore most of his "feats" can be ignored like you ignore this.

You dont have a legit quote that aids you and your calcs are baseless, Ive shown my evidence, the glass floating in the air. The fact theres not a boom of air pressure or movement of clothing like a hurricane proves my thesis instantly and counters yours.

I dont know sonic so i dont have a clue why you keep bringing him up, getting all angry over Dante being slow is pointless until you provide proof.

laughing yeh, maybe ill give you a time out and simply reply to Scenarios more interesting replies than your spam my buddy ol pal.

Also despite the spam, I like how you think a numerical advantage of one feat allows you to ignore all others or negatives. Dantes never actually fought someone at high speed and won in the games, he may have ran around or aim dodged a few bullets but when hes serious and actually uses decent attacks he slows down, uses more power and gets stomped by someone not that quick, entrance to Nero and Vergil.

The Scenario
Jeez, that's rude.

More like slow motion as an indicator of speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exPn1E9uiy4

I guess Samus has a stasis field generator in her suit that slows down charging enemies so she can dodge. Or it's just slow motion and you're making things up, which is frankly the more likely of the 2 choices.

I never claimed it should be taken at face value, and in fact I never did. I'm trying to point out that Alastor's ability is to make Dante faster. Alastor's ability is not, like you suggest, to make stasis fields. I don't care how fast Dante actually is, I object to you making up a reason to dismiss a legitimate feat.

BloodRain
Addressing the joke point to dodge the real point, how did I not see that coming...

Its a stasis field because you say so? And your evidence is your own thoughts?.... are you serious here?

So you believe that Sonic is peak human? Good to know.
Gonna ignore because you can't give real evidence? Can if you want, just be sure to get some later.

Neg feat 1- Jester hit him: Admitted by jester himself that he has an upper hand due to them being weakened.
Neg feat 2- Vergil hitting him with a slower hit: See above.

Easily explained. In fact as they can be explained their worth as negatives become void. 17 to 0. Your argument is that Dante hasn't fought anyone fast so his feats are null? Thats not even a counter. Alright, show me a scene where a serious, not worn out Dante is tagged by a slow attack. Vergil? Worn out. Jester? Worn out. Nero? Not serious. So do go ahead and direct me a scene.

Burning thought
Jeez, that's rude.

More like slow motion as an indicator of speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exPn1E9uiy4

I guess Samus has a stasis field generator in her suit that slows down charging enemies so she can dodge. Or it's just slow motion and you're making things up, which is frankly the more likely of the 2 choices.

I never claimed it should be taken at face value, and in fact I never did. I'm trying to point out that Alastor's ability is to make Dante faster. Alastor's ability is not, like you suggest, to make stasis fields. I don't care how fast Dante actually is, I object to you making up a reason to dismiss a legitimate feat.

So is spam and I thought i would take a leaf out of his book or w/e the saying is.

You claim its more likely, I thnk its far more viable magic has somehow frozen the glass as shown and that if it were slow motion, the glass should be falling slowly as well as Dantes clothing just like it was earlier but to just pretty much stop, not really. As for Samus, that doesnt have anything frozen in the air for long periods while she is moving.

Thats what it seemed to do there at that specific point, I know it makes him faster when you use it in-game since I have played it myself, but concerning that cinematic, actual speed is not shown. Whats legitimate about it exactly? your the one making thngs up and then being a hypocrite by saying I am the one doing so. We have hyperbole in the description, no physical implications of speed, infact if anything the whole scene is not a feat but rather the same as most of other DMC weapon acquire scenes, just him showing off skills with a weapon.

That happens for Cerberus, the Sparda sword, Agni and Rudra, reven etc. The only thing they dont do which is unique to this sword is stop objects in the air.

Addressing the joke point to dodge the real point, how did I not see that coming...

Its a stasis field because you say so? And your evidence is your own thoughts?.... are you serious here?

So you believe that Sonic is peak human? Good to know.
Gonna ignore because you can't give real evidence? Can if you want, just be sure to get some later.

Neg feat 1- Jester hit him: Admitted by jester himself that he has an upper hand due to them being weakened.
Neg feat 2- Vergil hitting him with a slower hit: See above.

Easily explained. In fact as they can be explained their worth as negatives become void. 17 to 0. Your argument is that Dante hasn't fought anyone fast so his feats are null? Thats not even a counter. Alright, show me a scene where a serious, not worn out Dante is tagged by a slow attack. Vergil? Worn out. Jester? Worn out. Nero? Not serious. So do go ahead and direct me a scene.

Hows that differetn from you? other than you claiming youve made some accurate calculation?

As I said, I am not pointing out the scene here, although he said they were tired from fighting, if a few minutes of fighting is enough to put him at human levels then hes even weaker than I thought, hes got no chance vs Mercer in that case.

Him being hit by Vergil is irrelevent there, he was not weak.....neither was vergil.

laughing He wasnt worn out in the DMC intro, he was just starting to fight, on top of that he was not "playing around" while being tossed about by Nero at the end, only at the beginning. Infact he was flickering in and out of Devil mode Nero was hitting him so much and he admitted at the end her underestimated him.

Also, so far its about 4 to 0 until you provide proof for all 17, also its relevent that its an in-combat feat, claiming someones running speed as typical movement in combat that they can use sword techniques in is nonsense, next youll be claiming he can do ever action at the same speed.

Kuja9001
He wasnt worn out in the DMC intro, he was just starting to fight, on top of that he was not "playing around" while being tossed about by Nero at the end, only at the beginning. Infact he was flickering in and out of Devil mode Nero was hitting him so much and he admitted at the end her underestimated him.

He was playng around during the second fight

30 seconds in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXkHzLsKvGw#t=30s

BloodRain
^thumb up

Dante was only serious twice in that game: "Aw, Credo's dead" and "Nero, you alive bro?"...thats it. The rest of the games a mere distraction.

"the same as most of other DMC weapon acquire scenes, just him showing off skills with a weapon.(...) That happens for Cerberus, the Sparda sword, Agni and Rudra, reven etc."

Its true. With Cerberus he's showing its nunchaku features and skills as its described, Sparda's transformation feature as described, Agni & Rudra's flame&air elements as described and Nevan's Scyth moves as its described. Just like showing Ifrit's hellfire as described and Alastor's speed increase as described.

Every single demonstrations is based on in-game moves and/or the description of the weapon. Alastor is no different from the others by showing its described ability. Stasis/Area float ability is not stated in its movepool or description so its not the reason for it. That'd be inventing an ability for him.

You just claimed that Jester is aim dodging then went to say that he doesnt see the bullet nor is he trying to dodge, contradicting what you said. Address it.

There's no time frame so your point is void. And wheres the stasis proof? Statements and calcs back me up, the only back up you have is a theory you cant prove, right?

If the fight before Jester made them weak so did this fight, as shown. Only difference being that Vergil > Dante back then shown by the cutscene of Dante being more worn out then Vergil and needing his sword to stand up.
No time frame, gameplay cutscene proves he was more out of it than Vergil. Wrong, Nero even admits that Dante was playing with him at their second fight. And wrong, as stated by the novel his DT can flash on when in the presence of a blood related DT. More proof:

Lol its not even 1 until you can get actually prove you're right. I'll gladly post the handful of 18 feats (saw a new one) with explanations and reasons to boot if you can even get a single negative point. So far your Jester and Vergil points are dismissed for Dante being worn out, with your Nero point being dismissed by Nero's and Hiroyuki's quotes. Besides ignoring statements there are no negative points.

Kuja9001
^thumb up

Dante was only serious twice in that game: "Aw, Credo's dead" and "Nero, you alive bro?"...thats it. The rest of the games a mere distraction.

"the same as most of other DMC weapon acquire scenes, just him showing off skills with a weapon.(...) That happens for Cerberus, the Sparda sword, Agni and Rudra, reven etc."

Its true. With Cerberus he's showing its nunchaku features and skills as its described, Sparda's transformation feature as described, Agni & Rudra's flame&air elements as described and Nevan's Scyth moves as its described. Just like showing Ifrit's hellfire as described and Alastor's speed increase as described.

Every single demonstrations is based on in-game moves and/or the description of the weapon. Alastor is no different from the others by showing its described ability. Stasis/Area float ability is not stated in its movepool or description so its not the reason for it. That'd be inventing an ability for him.

You just claimed that Jester is aim dodging then went to say that he doesnt see the bullet nor is he trying to dodge, contradicting what you said. Address it.

There's no time frame so your point is void. And wheres the stasis proof? Statements and calcs back me up, the only back up you have is a theory you cant prove, right?

If the fight before Jester made them weak so did this fight, as shown. Only difference being that Vergil > Dante back then shown by the cutscene of Dante being more worn out then Vergil and needing his sword to stand up.
No time frame, gameplay cutscene proves he was more out of it than Vergil. Wrong, Nero even admits that Dante was playing with him at their second fight. And wrong, as stated by the novel his DT can flash on when in the presence of a blood related DT. More proof:

Lol its not even 1 until you can get actually prove you're right. I'll gladly post the handful of 18 feats (saw a new one) with explanations and reasons to boot if you can even get a single negative point. So far your Jester and Vergil points are dismissed for Dante being worn out, with your Nero point being dismissed by Nero's and Hiroyuki's quotes. Besides ignoring statements there are no negative points.

Is the novel canon?

Enfathiel
I don't understand, what's more confirmation of lightning speed other than a direct weapon description?

BloodRain
Is the novel canon?
The jury's not out on that. Though Capcom reps at Captivate implied so and the writer was the scenario writer of DMC 3 and 4. Seems very likely that its canon.

The Scenario
It's an effect to illustrate that Dante is moving so fast that objects near appear to be standing still, is it really this hard to grasp? What is your evidence that Alastor is able to stop objects, given it's powerset? Again, Alastor makes Dante faster, it has never had any ability to stop objects, so it is much more likely that Dante is simply moving faster, just like what Alastor is known to do. Try to think about consistency; why would an object that make its user faster have the magical ability to stop falling objects, which is never used again? On the other hand, it is shown to make Dante faster even after this, so logically the "show off" prtion of this would Alastor's main ability, which is...? Speed.

Samus shows the same effect, an object is moving slower in order to make her appear faster. It's not stopped, obviously, but it's the same effect.

So you know that the weapon makes Dante faster, you know it's stated to make Dante faster, you know the purpose of the cutscene is to show the ability of the weapon (i.e: make Dante faster) , and you still think it's a stasis field? No, you're incorrect about there not being an indication of speed. The indication is the slowdown effect, you know this. Slowing down or stopping other objects is a common tactic to make things appear fast, see again the Samus example. We have a description stating speed, we have an indication of speed, you have nothing but an outright guess that has no basis in any part of the scene.

Further, you don't seem to know what the word "hypocrite" means. I suggest you stop using it as an automatic "you're wrong" buzzword.

Kuja9001
The jury's not out on that. Though Capcom reps at Captivate implied so and the writer was the scenario writer of DMC 3 and 4. Seems very likely that its canon.

that same writer was a ex-capcom guy, plus the novel contradicts things.

BloodRain
"It's an effect to illustrate that Dante is moving so fast that objects near appear to be standing still"

Alastor, billiard scene, rain scene, Vergil vs Abyss', Vergil catching bullets, Pandora cutscene.. think theres another one or two but 6 is enough to prove the point.
that same writer was a ex-capcom guy, plus the novel contradicts things.
Not sure when he became an ex but given his position he'd know whats canon to the game, that and Capcom reps are on board.

In the case of contradictions the game versions events take priority.

Enfathiel
Again, how is Alastor being stated to give one lightning speed not true?

Next thing I'm gonna hear is that the lightning Cloud Strife dogded is fake lightning because It's look is different, even though the canon says It's real lightning and looks like such in all other media.

Burning thought
^thumb up

Your arguments are based around "inventing abilities" for Dante, nothing is able to gauge the speed in the scene, its as simple as that.

No I made two counter arguments, one where Jester is aim dodging but tbh Dante hardly seems to be aiming sometines, just fireing in the general direction and a second counter where hes not reacting to anything, which means speed is irrelevent.

Statements dont, calcs dont because you made the calcs up on the fly, they dont aid you at all. Physics back me up, basic physics where friction, air pressure, movement from speed etc are relevent in speed but not present here. As for the stasis, its a supernatural power we can see, if you take out the impossibility of it being a speed showing based on what I just said, the power to stop things in the air is not unheard of in fiction and is pretty much what were seeing.

Dante used his sword to get up, nothing to do with "needing" although that does not take care of the fact his reactions are so slow, your making it sound like hes beaten and bloody and can hardly move, your reactions do not dispear just because your the slightest bit tired. This also does not counter the fact Vergil was moving at pretty much human speed at that point. If your saying Dante having a few minutes of fighting is enough to put him below human levels then hes screwed against not only Mercer but most in Games vs.

No, not at all. Dante actually says he underestimated him in that fight, while its true he toys with him early on and in their second encounter Dante still could not react or counter Neros sword strike.

It's an effect to illustrate that Dante is moving so fast that objects near appear to be standing still, is it really this hard to grasp? What is your evidence that Alastor is able to stop objects, given it's powerset? Again, Alastor makes Dante faster, it has never had any ability to stop objects, so it is much more likely that Dante is simply moving faster, just like what Alastor is known to do. Try to think about consistency; why would an object that make its user faster have the magical ability to stop falling objects, which is never used again? On the other hand, it is shown to make Dante faster even after this, so logically the "show off" prtion of this would Alastor's main ability, which is...? Speed.

Samus shows the same effect, an object is moving slower in order to make her appear faster. It's not stopped, obviously, but it's the same effect.

So you know that the weapon makes Dante faster, you know it's stated to make Dante faster, you know the purpose of the cutscene is to show the ability of the weapon (i.e: make Dante faster) , and you still think it's a stasis field? No, you're incorrect about there not being an indication of speed. The indication is the slowdown effect, you know this. Slowing down or stopping other objects is a common tactic to make things appear fast, see again the Samus example. We have a description stating speed, we have an indication of speed, you have nothing but an outright guess that has no basis in any part of the scene.

Further, you don't seem to know what the word "hypocrite" means. I suggest you stop using it as an automatic "you're wrong" buzzword.

Over and over again you ignore the physics behind speed and the facts that need to be true for you to be right, your just guessing blindly now and agreeing with BR, youve not even got an argument for this, your just asking increduously as if that makes me feel guilty for doubting you, maybe its my turn to do so. I mean. do you really belive! that 10k mph or meters per second creates zero air pressure or have no effect on a light sword or tiny piecies of glass inches away? I mean shit a Jet only creates mach 1 or mach 2 and it creates an enormous amount of air pressure.

Cut out the hyperbole statement which many things inlcuding my example from LoK have and you are left with your claim of an "indication" which is not true at all, its just you guessing your opinion is fact again like you enjoy doing and ignoring the lack of physics in the scene displaying any speed at all, theres like no air friction at all from Dantes movements or on his clothing. Whats funny is his coat and hair actually move in the game so claiming the "graphics are old" card does not cover this.

"It's an effect to illustrate that Dante is moving so fast that objects near appear to be standing still"

Alastor, billiard scene, rain scene, Vergil vs Abyss', Vergil catching bullets, Pandora cutscene.. think theres another one or two but 6 is enough to prove the point.

Alastor has been disproven, billiard is a slow down so we can see whats going on, its not something a human could not do assuming they got a shot on a billiard ball as for the rain scene, we know the outcome and that none of those are even strikes tbh, just swinging swords. I can swing swords around, doesnt mean I can effectively react and fight at the speed I can move the sword. Most of your claim consists of slow down scenes where Dante does things that may either not be relevent to reaction or speed at all or is something he never achived anything with yet you belive you can use the same feat as part of a complicated manouver in everything Dante does in a vs, logic out the window! big grin

Originally posted by Enfathiel
Again, how is Alastor being stated to give one lightning speed not true?

Next thing I'm gonna hear is that the lightning Cloud Strife dogded is fake lightning because It's look is different, even though the canon says It's real lightning and looks like such in all other media.

Because its a statement that is common in games. "lightning speed", "quick as lightning", hyperbole or exaggeration until shown otherwise. Unlike my large knowledge on Dante, I dont know much on Cloud so I cant comment on that.

Enfathiel
Because its a statement that is common in games. "lightning speed", "quick as lightning", hyperbole or exaggeration until shown otherwise. Unlike my large knowledge on Dante, I dont know much on Cloud so I cant comment on that.

That's understandable, but aren't you overanalyzing this?

I can't remember in what other game such a thing has been done. Furthermore It's not spoken as either a smilie or a metaphor(move as fast or like lightning), It just says It gives one lightning speed and seems to use actual lightning to amp speed, not simply a statement when Dante was shown to perform a speed feat right after quiring the blade.

Burning thought
I yet to see that as a speed feat, expain to me why Dantes hair and coat do not rustle or why his sword does not build heat, hell even his hands or clothing should if moving at thousands times the speed of a typical guy create some variance of heat. The piecies of glass are also inches away from him, if he was creating friction from moving at such speed, those piecies should be shattering or falling apart.

My suggestion is that the magic of the blade froze them in the air, more alike to a short time stop or something which has been in the games many times. Further, if Dante could move at lightning speed literally he would show it more often, "lightning speed" as a statement is used too often in fiction. The description may just be a descriptive way of saying Dante moves faster than without the sword, which is also supported in the gameplay, ive yet to see Dante blitz anyone at thousands of mters a second or cover miles in seconds.

Enfathiel
I yet to see that as a speed feat, expain to me why Dantes hair and coat do not rustle or why his sword does not build heat, hell even his hands or clothing should if moving at thousands times the speed of a typical guy create some variance of heat. The piecies of glass are also inches away from him, if he was creating friction from moving at such speed, those piecies should be shattering or falling apart.

My suggestion is that the magic of the blade froze them in the air, more alike to a short time stop or something which has been in the games many times. Further, if Dante could move at lightning speed literally he would show it more often, "lightning speed" as a statement is used too often in fiction. The description may just be a descriptive way of saying Dante moves faster than without the sword, which is also supported in the gameplay, ive yet to see Dante blitz anyone at thousands of mters a second or cover miles in seconds.

You have a very good point.

Give me a while to concot a response to this. Promise I'll get back to you.

BloodRain
Will get back to this........ eventually, but wanna point out something: That "his hair and coat didnt move and sword didnt catch on fire" is seven different colour of BS which is interesting as I didnt know it varied that much in colour.

First you didnt really tell Scene what your proof was or how the effect is six times consistant to the games.
Second is your notion that fiction writers are always thinking physics. Theyre not. If they were then every single hypersonic being in games, manga/anime, tv/movies, book/comics etc would be burning up constantly and wrecking things with powerful air distortions at their speeds.
Third is this hair and coat business. DMC3 intro, hypersonic movement and their coats and hair are moving as if it were normal. DMC3 Vergil scene, hypersonic movements yet once again his coat and sword tassle moves as if at normal speeds. Smallville, like with the DMC rain scene there is hypersonic movements yet their hair and clothes all move as if normal. What does this mean? Well either these characters are moving at hypersonic speeds and the devs didnt put 100% motion accuracy into the scene ORRR these character can all create stasis fields or just have the power to slow everything down to make them appear hypersonic... ooo I so do wonder...

Aint read the reply to me yet but I do hope its full to the brim with you showing concrete evidence that this 'useless, evidentless magical floating power' is an official power of Alastor (and Dante, Vergil, Clark and Creepy-lil-girl-whose-name-I-cant-remember) and not something you pull out of your ass as something you want it to be. And check out that rainbow BS while your there.. cos that aint natural.

Burning thought
THats your problem, your making up the "hypersonic movements", not the developers. So you automatically assume your word is fact, I just proved you wrong because it has no notations of speed. If you want to pull out the "developers are not alway thinking physics card", then perhaps they took that card out when they stopped glass or rain falling, just because it amused them. You like to pick and choose factors of science you want to use every time you bring a feat to the table, obviously in your unbias way choosing the ones that fit and suit you best.

Well they dont have to be moving at speeds at all, concerning DMC, he does shit that makes no sense quite often. Physics often gets left out of the game in general, you cant bring it in and out when it suits you though, youve either got physics or lack therof, or you dont. The fact DMC has shown heat from friction, air pressure etc also disproves any whine about how the devs dont somehow understand what these forces are....you cant assume their monkeys, I would wager their far more clever than that if not by a small margin.

When you can find me Dante burning up or creating air pressure (temigiru tower fall/run?) then you can claim for this context him moving at high speed, until then blindly assuming some physics over others then playing the "well developers dont always know physics lolz! but they do when its useful to me!!" card is going to just roll my eyes, probably in slow motion as glass falls behind me....also while I chuckle at how your claiming hypersonic, showing a video which is disproven by my argument as wrong again. Your bias and fairly hollow word vs physics ftw.

As it stands, Enfathiel is being the more logical of my opposition and hes new. The guy does not get all angry and start complaining about how wrong something may be, he just disproves or proves and accepts arguments.

BloodRain
All four speed feats listed on this page are calced to be hypersonic and all appear the same therefore must have the same reason: Speed or stasis field. And as Vergil can't create a stasis field out of nothing its the former.

"Theyre not moving fast because its DMC physics" <-Great argument thumb up

I like it when you play the 'I know all the physics' card when without knowing of it; If you knew about friction heat then youd know that an object with a small surface area achieving speed for brief moments and on a curvaceous path wont achieve the same results as constant, linear one. The Vergil and Rain scene falls in this category. Also you would know that for the small surface blade to actually show visual friction heat technically makes it beyond Ma15 meaning the DMC3 feats are safe either way, all of this having little to do with Alastor as DMC1 was created nearly 6 years prior to DMC3 and with a different team working on it.

Just so I get this right: Your whole counter argument is coat movements (made useless by 5 similar scenes) and friction heat (made useless by physics, aerodynamics and different DMC devs), correct?

Here's a thought: How about less attempted flirts with the new guy and more getting proof of your magic floating/stasis field AND proof of how they magically make things float around them without Alastor. Or are you going to say "Cos I said so" for several pages again? If you have no proof of your claims(which you clearly dont) youre basically arguing for the sake of arguing and trolling. Evidence, lets go.

Burning thought
All four speed feats listed on this page are calced to be hypersonic and all appear the same therefore must have the same reason: Speed or stasis field. And as Vergil can't create a stasis field out of nothing its the former.

"Theyre not moving fast because its DMC physics" <-Great argument thumb up

I like it when you play the 'I know all the physics' card when without knowing of it; If you knew about friction heat then youd know that an object with a small surface area achieving speed for brief moments and on a curvaceous path wont achieve the same results as constant, linear one. The Vergil and Rain scene falls in this category. Also you would know that for the small surface blade to actually show visual friction heat technically makes it beyond Ma15 meaning the DMC3 feats are safe either way, all of this having little to do with Alastor as DMC1 was created nearly 6 years prior to DMC3 and with a different team working on it.

Just so I get this right: Your whole counter argument is coat movements (made useless by 5 similar scenes) and friction heat (made useless by physics, aerodynamics and different DMC devs), correct?

Here's a thought: How about less attempted flirts with the new guy and more getting proof of your magic floating/stasis field AND proof of how they magically make things float around them without Alastor. Or are you going to say "Cos I said so" for several pages again? If you have no proof of your claims(which you clearly dont) youre basically arguing for the sake of arguing and trolling. Evidence, lets go.

Calced by whom smile ? you?

Not sure if that was my argument, although it was your argument that the devs could pick and choose to forget certain forces, in this case it seems they chose gravity didnt they? or do you take that "argument" if thats what you call it back?

This is not a small surface area, this is a human being if your talking about swords then only Vergils sword has a small surface area, Dantes is a huge piece of metal. Your talking BS generally here, its like you dont have a counter so your just trying to troll me.

5 similiar scenes do not make anything useless apart from your belief their moving at the speeds you belive, as for DMC devs, again that card can be played on everything in DMC if thats what you want.

How about less blind claims of speed and laughable jibs of "its been calced!" and more looking into the actual facts which are few physical movements or connections to speed and a lack of many major perceptions of speed that I have listed.

laughing hypocrite, this can all be listed back to you. My evidence is solid, the video shows the objects freezing, e.g. alike to a stasis field. Your counter was that its because hes moving so fast, but the counter to that is that this is impossible because his legit coat, hair and air friction speeds are not there to back you up, their more aligned to my argument therefore move on and stop trolling with your collapsed argument.

Dantes max speed, Mach 1 down Temigiru tower, Dantes reaction speed peak human, or after a few minutes of fighting human.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>