Alex Mercer vs. Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
I'm pretty sure you already know who they are. Kratos has blades of chaos only and he isn't a god for this fight.

Alex can do what you've seen him do in the trailers and demos.

NemeBro
erm

Yeah...I'm gonna go with Kratos for the rape here.

ScreamPaste
Kratos lolwtfmchahastomps.

The Valiant
Can't Alex just take Kratos' powers?

NemeBro
He has to kill Kratos to do that.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
He has to kill Kratos to do that.

Isn't that a paradox?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Isn't that a paradox? No, it's an impossibility.

Wei Phoenix
No, it's an impossibility.

Hence why I said paradox. In order to take his powers he would have to kill him, but he can't do it so yeah...unless I'm mixing up my definitions which could be a possibility.

NemeBro
Him killing Kratos is not a paradox, that is what I thought you meant, him however gaining Kratos' powers is if that is what you meant.

Wei Phoenix
The latter. We should all know what happens to the person who kills Kratos.

NemeBro
Kratos comes back to life and kills them?

Wei Phoenix
Kratos comes back to life and kills them?

Exactly.

NemeBro
And we all know he'll fvck a couple hotties on the way, amirite?

Wei Phoenix
Aye!

NemeBro
And if it's a good day, fight a multi-breasted building sized blob of a woman?

KingD19
And her two b*tch sisters.

Nemesis X
And if it's a good day, fight a multi-breasted building sized blob of a woman?

You have some disturbing fantasies.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Nemesis X
You have some disturbing fantasies.

Never played God of War II?

Cosmic Cube
erm

Yeah...I'm gonna go with Kratos for the rape here. Kratos is gonna rape him?

In the figurative sense, right?

'Cause he is a Spartan... and we all know what kinda ass-jockeys those guys were. Anyway, I think I'll play devil's advocate and go for Alex.Originally posted by NemeBro
And we all know he'll fvck a couple hotties on the way, amirite? If you don't mind my asking, what do you mean by 'hottie'? 'Hottie' is a something of an ambiguous term to a Spartan.

NemeBro
Shut up.

Cosmic Cube
Shut up. Gotcha.

NemeBro
No, seriously, if you're posts are going to be stupid, shut up.

Cosmic Cube
No, seriously, if you're posts are going to be stupid, shut up. Ok, dude. Sorry.

NemeBro
Apology not accepted.

I want a muthaphuckin tootsie pop.

Cosmic Cube
C'mon man... Please don't make me do that.

Not a tootsie pop, man... C'mon. Be reasonable. Leave me with a shred of dignity.

moodurr13
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
C'mon man... Please don't make me do that.

Not a tootsie pop, man... C'mon. Be reasonable. Leave me with a shred of dignity.

Yo Alex Mercer will consume Kratos and since he'll do it with ease he'll be waitin for kratos to come so he could do it again and again. Since kratos' power is based of magic once he's out of magic dat nigga won't be able come bac ta life and after Alex comsumes him the first time he'll have all kratos' attributes plus his own seein as how Alex Mercer blew himself up and came bac to life him dying is out of the question because he requires no magic18

moodurr13
Originally posted by moodurr13
Yo Alex Mercer will consume Kratos and since he'll do it with ease he'll be waitin for kratos to come so he could do it again and again. Since kratos' power is based off magic once he's out of magic dat nigga won't be able come bac ta life and after Alex comsumes him the first time he'll have all kratos' attributes plus his own seein as how Alex Mercer blew himself up and came bac to life him dying is out of the question because he requires no magic18

So I say ALEX WILL KILL kratos (god of war my ass)

NemeBro
Alex cannot consume Kratos.

Kratos will beat the shit out of Alex.

But he cannot kill him, so this is an endless stalemate.

k1Lla441
couldnt he just stone... then shatter?

Phanteros
Kratos gives him the medusa gaze. victory by incapacitation. (seeing as Mercer can't break out of it in ten seconds)

Shaggs
Kratos takes it with little effort.

After playing the game, I've decided that Alex Mercer is little more than Emo Peter Pan, because of the blood gliding thing

ScreamPaste
Shaggs watches Zero Punctuation, apparently.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Shaggs
Kratos takes it with little effort.

After playing the game, I've decided that Alex Mercer is little more than Emo Peter Pan, because of the blood gliding thing Blood gliding? That's not blood.

But I forgot about his Gorgon attacks. Kratos wins.

First_Tsurugi06
Didn't the OP state that Kratos can only use his blades? Yes, Mercer has yet to be turned to stone, but let's face it, taking a nuke and reforming from a conveniently hungry crow is pretty Goddamn impressive as far as healing factors are concerned.

I'd say Alex has the edge in agility, if only becasue he jumps and runs up buildings so often. Better than just crawling up a skyscraper. Kratos has shown every once in a while to be able to make some big leaps (escaping the Colossus of Rhodes, the GoWIII trailer), and the third GoWIII trailer shows him running on walls supposedley through the means of new footwear (presumably Hermes). But I wouldn't say that Mercer has any melee attacks that are too fast for Kratos' Golden Fleece to repel, long or short ranged.

Mercer's strength is impressive, at least Spiderman level, but I still haven't seen a strength feat that beats tossing the Colossus of Rhodes (and manhandling it throughout the entire first level). Kratos takes raw brute strength (at least akin to lifting strength, he doesn't often put striking power to much use without weapons).

They're both pretty impact-resilient in terms of durability, and Kratos can splatter a man to pieces on the ground just by throwing them over his shoulder or slamming them. Mercer's Hammer Fists seem on the sluggish side.

They can both glide. Icarus Wings for Kratos, and Mercer can just make himself lighter.

The closest answer to Mercer's big critical mass tendril attacks that I can think of for Kratos are his "Rage" forms, Rage of the Gods and Rage of the Titans. Rage of the Titans has that huge flaming tornado for example, and at least in gameplay he doesn't seem to take hits as hard as he would otherwise.

Mercer's a beast. I'd say he'd make for an interesting battle against alot of characters, because there's a big enough debate over just what it takes to kill him. He's not just some sort of genetic superhuman, he's essentially a sentient, living virus/humanoid biomass. Characters like Kratos or Dante are more otherworldly in terms of power, but characters like Mercer or Wesker are examples of how comparatively more sensible, contemporary means of gaining power can contend with the former.

If the Gorgon heads can affect Mercer as they do most everything else though, then that can count as Kratos' trump card if brutalizing him fails, because Kratos has every advantage short of speed and regen. Even then, speed isn't at THAT big a margin.

NemeBro
Well without the Gorgon powers, I do not see either being capable of winning personally.

First_Tsurugi06
What about their composite states (ie God Kratos with BoO, Fates powers, etc.)?

NemeBro
God Kratos literally uses Alex for chewing gum. no expression

Shaggs
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Shaggs watches Zero Punctuation, apparently.

Not sure what that is, but if they make jokes like that, then I might be interested.

SuperLuigi
alex wins with an elbow drop from olympus equipped with hammerfists

First_Tsurugi06
Alex would be lucky to even hit Kratos with his slow-ass Hammer Fists.

ScreamPaste
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/789-Prototype

2:47

NemeBro
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/789-Prototype

2:47 That was actually pretty cool. mmm

First_Tsurugi06
I thought you hated ZP no expression

NemeBro
If I said that, I was probably being a dickhead, considering until now I had no idea what that was.

ScreamPaste
ZP is awesome, Yahtzee's my hero.

First_Tsurugi06
If I said that, I was probably being a dickhead, considering until now I had no idea what that was.

I distinctly remember you saying:

"I don't even think he's funny. And his reviews suck. So he can go die."

NemeBro
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
I distinctly remember you saying:

"I don't even think he's funny. And his reviews suck. So he can go die." Ah, indeed, I remember that.

I was being a dick.

SuperLuigi
macho man's elbow drop has nothing on alex's and neither does kratos

NemeBro
While that is true, can Alex's elbow drop match the People's Elbow itself?

SuperLuigi
thats the most electrifying move in sports entertainment, second only to the spin around falcon punch... so it cant match the people's elbow

NemeBro
Oh ho! But Link mah boy, there are more powerful moves than even that in sports entertainment.

Have you not witnessed the awesome power of the Tombstone Piledriver?

SuperLuigi
sweet chin music because the big show was never tombstoned

MooCowofJustice
Spear and Jackhammer destroyed everything.

SuperLuigi
goldberg goldberg goldberg

XanatosForever
**** you all, it's all about the Leg Drop.

Gumachi
**** that, it's about the Pedigree.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice

Ultimate Wil
Kratos could be dead and win

Gumachi
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Gumachi
**** that, it's about the Pedigree.

MooCowofJustice
I believe the only reason Triple H beat Goldberg was because Ric Flair slid a sledgehammer through the opening in the Elimination chamer. Prior to that, Goldberg Jackhammered one person for a pin, and speared another for a pin.

Gumachi
PBpvkPRPc5Q&feature=related

ScreamPaste
Canada ftw.

Insomniatric

Mercer's strength is impressive, at least Spiderman level.

Not going to talk about this particular fight, but I wanna say something regarding Alex's strength.

It's pretty safe to say it's WAY above Spiderman's, because when's the last time you saw Spider-Man carry a car up a skyscraper? Or toss a 12 ton Heli like a beach ball?

So if he can easily toss a helicopter like that, without Muscle Mass (which makes him 2x as strong), he should be easily throwing 24 tons. You can throw helicopters when you fight the Supreme Hunter, and I was holding one (w/o muscle mass) and carried it up that building that is on the ship.

So Alex is, at the very least, a 24 tonner. And that is clearly not his max, because last time I checked you couldn't throw your max like it was a soft ball.

I was bored, and wanted to talk about something.

SuperLuigi
helicopters arent 24 tons

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Insomniatric
Not going to talk about this particular fight, but I wanna say something regarding Alex's strength.

It's pretty safe to say it's WAY above Spiderman's, because when's the last time you saw Spider-Man carry a car up a skyscraper?

http://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/ankur2113/?action=view&current=AmazingSpider-ManAnnual36019.jpg

one hand. no expression

jalek moye
Originally posted by Insomniatric

It's pretty safe to say it's WAY above Spiderman's, because when's the last time you saw Spider-Man carry a car up a skyscraper? Or toss a 12 ton Heli like a beach ball?

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6633/feat15strengthqz5.jpg

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2259/feat15strength2dr8.jpg
easily slams tanks

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9494/feat30strength2iq1.jpg
the large helicopter was falling

safe to say he can do what alex did

CosmicComet
Holy shit...Spidey has slammed tanks? How recent was that?

That has to put him in the 60 + tons strength category, maybe even up to 100 tons as he did it so easily.

Funny, I was sure Spidey was only a 10 tonner.

ScreamPaste
Eh, depends on the tank, onyl a very large tank weighs that much.

32 feet long, 12 feet wide, and eight feet high, you get 60 tons. That tank was clearly much smaller.

Still, Spidey ftw.

jalek moye
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Holy shit...Spidey has slammed tanks? How recent was that?

That has to put him in the 60 + tons strength category, maybe even up to 100 tons as he did it so easily.

Funny, I was sure Spidey was only a 10 tonner.

90s

currently he's weaker since he got a donwgrade. but up till around 2 years ago he was quite strong

Ms.Marvel
it was post BND spidey that effortlessly one armed that truck in the scan i posted. i dont know a whole lot about spiderman his character kind of bores me so im hardly the definitive fan. laughing out loud

jalek moye
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
it was post BND spidey that effortlessly one armed that truck in the scan i posted. i dont know a whole lot about spiderman his character kind of bores me so im hardly the definitive fan. laughing out loud
He's still strong but he was normally portrayed around twice as strong before BND(but it may just be the current writer)

NemeBro
Alex Mercer can kick a car the size of the one Spidey pulled fifty or so feet into the air.

He can throw a 12 ton helicopter at the very least a kilometer away.

occultdestroyer

The closest answer to Mercer's big critical mass tendril attacks that I can think of for Kratos are his "Rage" forms, Rage of the Gods and Rage of the Titans. Rage of the Titans has that huge flaming tornado for example, and at least in gameplay he doesn't seem to take hits as hard as he would otherwise.
C'mon man.
Rage of the Gods/Rage of the Titans wouldn't be fair.
Kratos is practically invulnerable and stronger when it's activated.

First_Tsurugi06
I'll be honest in saying that right now, my opinion on Mercer has waned since the hype went down, and that I agree with that statement more now than I would have a few months ago.

Gumachi
He can only use the tornado if he gets 30 hits or more (the least hits, the smaller it is). And it doesn't last that long (atleast ROTG).

First_Tsurugi06
Gameplaywise, maybe. But if people were to account gameplay for this particular matter, then let it be known acquiring 30 hits at the least in Rage of the Titans is far from difficult.

Gumachi
But at Alex's speed, it wouldn't be easy.

First_Tsurugi06
Alex is nimble, but he's far from too fast for what Kratos fights.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.