Storm Troopers vs. Starship Troopers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

six6six
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/Red_13_/Everything%20Else/Star%20Wars/stormtroopers.jpg

vs.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/csi10101/Starship_Troopers.jpg

-Now, just so we're straight, these are the Storm Troopers from Episode 4,5 & 6, NOT Clone Troopers from Episode 2 & 3. It's funny cuz the Clone Troopers seemed so much more advanced then the ST, but its old school, so it's all good and makes it a better fight. IMO, CT would rape the Starship Troopers.

-All hand weapons shown in films.

-No vehicles allowed, this is a "on foot" battle. (meaning AT-ST, AT-AT, etc.)

-battle takes place on Klendathu (planet where all those bug-like creatures lived in SST).

Rogue Jedi
Stormtroopers overwhelm them with sheer numbers and advanced weaponry.

six6six
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Stormtroopers overwhelm them with sheer numbers and advanced weaponry.

Personally, I go with Storm Troopers all day, but you gotta give SST some credit, they did take out a whole lotta them bug things. The bugs would take longer to put down then a simple Storm Trooper. Yes ST's have lazers, but it dont mean that bullets cant hurt them either.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by six6six
Personally, I go with Storm Troopers all day, but you gotta give SST some credit, they did take out a whole lotta them bug things. The bugs would take longer to put down then a simple Storm Trooper. Yes ST's have lazers, but it dont mean that bullets cant hurt them either. The bugs weren't shooting back, and for all we know, Starship trooper ammo will bounce right off Stormtrooper armor.

six6six
The bugs weren't shooting back, and for all we know, Starship trooper ammo will bounce right off Stormtrooper armor.

Yes, they weren't shooting back, however, the SST were WAY outnumbered and the bugs were pretty quick. As for the armor thing, you may as well forget that argument cause I cant prove that it CAN and you can't prove that it CAN'T GET pierced by a bullet. I'll tell you this much though, the Ewoks sure gave the ST a beating and the had rocks and sticks.

Rogue Jedi
haermm Clone Troopers vs Stormtroopers AND Starship Troopers.......... I wonder.

six6six
haermm Clone Troopers vs Stormtroopers AND Starship Troopers.......... I wonder.

You know, the Clone Troopers were pretty out-of-hand. Their weaponary was FAR better then the ST's.....which is pretty funny. Id still have to say CT > ST&SST. They also had force fields and stuff. CT's would stomp.

WO Polaski
ewok arrows were able to pierce stormtrooper armor and kill in one shot. in addition a single judo throw by han solo knocked a storm trooper out cold.

so im going to go ahead and say that the starship trooper marines will win if they have equal numbers, based on the fact that bullets will be more devastating (in that lasers cauterize wounds instantly meaning if get shot and dont die you're still good to go whereas a bullet wound will bleed profusely and can result in you losing an entire limb if its not taken care of.) then lasers, and because the star ship trooeprs have better area of effect weaponry. as weve seen from the movies they have nuclear tipped missile launchers that can cover hundreds of feet meaning the storm trooper team can lose potentially 50-100 guys in a couple of shots, comapred to the storm troopers only AOE weaponry being thermal detonators.

man-to-man the stormtrooeprs dont have advanced enough weaponry for it give them any type of edge. they can only win with superior numbers or with air support. the Empire's main strength has always been in their air superiority. their ground froces are weak compared to most sci-fi armies.

Rogue Jedi
Are sandtroopers and snowtroopers included?

six6six
Are sandtroopers and snowtroopers included?

All troopers that were in Episode 4,5 & 6. Just no Clone Troopers.

WO Polaski
what difference would that make? e11 blaster rifles are inferior to the Morita rifle which can penetrate 2 inches of steel titanium with one shot. erm

the snow troopers would actually have a hard time fighting because they been trained compeltely to fight in snow enviroments as opposed to other enviroments. their armor is designed for fighting the cold as well. so theyd be at a set-back.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by WO Polaski
what difference would that make? e11 blaster rifles are inferior to the Morita rifle which can penetrate 2 inches of steel titanium with one shot. erm

the snow troopers would actually have a hard time fighting because they been trained compeltely to fight in snow enviroments as opposed to other enviroments. their armor is designed for fighting the cold as well. so theyd be at a set-back. And E11 rifles burn right through you, every hit goes all the way through, guaranteed. Snow and Sand troopers had heavier weaponry.

Robtard
Rico's roughnecks would turn the tide, it's just what they do. Also of note, Storm Troopers are shown to be fumbling morons with the shittiest of shit aim.

WO Polaski
goes right through? really?

like when leia was shot by one in the shoulder and it didnt go through?

we've never once seen an e-11 blast go "right through" anybody in the movies.

as for the heavy weaponry, what heavy weaponry did they use that was shown in the actual movies? the only thing I can think of is that heavy repeating blaster canon the stormtroopers used in ESB. how is that going to help them against an enemy that has a weapon capable of vaporizing everything in a hundred foot radius instantly?

Rogue Jedi
goes right through? really?

like when leia was shot by one in the shoulder and it didnt go through?

we've never once seen an e-11 blast go "right through" anybody in the movies.

as for the heavy weaponry, what heavy weaponry did they use that was shown in the actual movies? the only thing I can think of is that heavy repeating blaster canon the stormtroopers used in ESB. how is that going to help them against an enemy that has a weapon capable of vaporizing everything in a hundred foot radius instantly? Dude it's a laser, lasers burn right through you. Leia was shot in the arm, not shoulder, wasnt she?

I was just saying heavy weaponry is an advantage.

Robtard
As far as personal guns are concerned, both the ST and SST rifles can kill each other in one hit, so it's a moot point.

WO Polaski
no they dont. everytime weve seen someone get shot by them that doesnt happen so regardless of what what the movies shows goes. and leia was shot in the shoulder and it didnt go through.

an advantage means an edge you have against someone or something that doesnt possess a similar edge. in this case, you say that they have an advantage because they heavy weaponry. thats NOT an advantage because the weaponry the troopers have is superior in every single way.

Rogue Jedi
whoa.

WO Polaski
i feel like the way i talk puts people off. am i too aggressive?

Robtard
Depends, would you take anal and like it?

Rogue Jedi
Nah, it's not that. What in a human body can stop a laser?

Impediment
ST use lasers. SST use bullets.

We still do not have an agreement on which armor (ST or SST) can withstand which.

Robtard
Nah, it's not that. What in a human body can stop a laser?

The body, as scene in the Leia being tagged and it didn't go through her. There are more examples of this.

In the end, both the lasers and bullets kill if they hit a vital area.

WO Polaski
im just going by what the movies show us.

the movies show us that the lasers are incapable of going right through people.

so it doesnt matter how impossible that may or may not be, if the movie shows it then that is what happens.

RotJ shows us that storm trooper armor can be penetrated by wooden arrows. Return of the Jedi is primary canon, that's what RotJ shows, so thats how it works.

in my opinion, there isnt really anything to agree on.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by Robtard
The body, as scene in the Leia being tagged and it didn't go through her. There are more examples of this.

In the end, both the lasers and bullets kill if they hit a vital area.

this is pretty much what it comes down too. the only exception being that a bullet wound has more side effects if the victim lives, compared to if someone is shot by a stormtroopers blaster. leia was shot by a blaster bolt in the shoulder but was still able to aim a gun well and was up partying a couple hours later, when the death star was destroyed, so the wound wasnt all that bad.

Impediment
Okay. How about this:

Bullets kill. Lasers kill.

Agreed?

We have no set standard on the armament of the SST or the ST in this scenario.

Robtard
I'd still like an answer to the anal?

Rogue Jedi
Geez, never mind the laser argument.

Who is the more disciplined?

Impediment
IMO?

The Starship Troopers are. Brutally trained without remorse.

We have never really had any real movie glimpse of the training of a Storm Trooper.

Robtard

Who is the more disciplined?

Not sure, exactly.

The ST had trouble with ****ing Ewoks. While the SST held their ranks well when being swarmed by the Bugs.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
IMO?

The Starship Troopers are. Brutally trained without remorse.

We have never really had any real movie glimpse of the training of a Storm Trooper. I'm talking about in action. I remember a few SST freaking in combat.

Robtard
A few of the rookies in the first fight did. Later on, they didn't have that problem at all.

There's also the SST part 2. Only watched parts of it, as it was more ridiculous than the first. But the troops were hardened killers.

WO Polaski
well if we go by the movies only their equipment and their potency has already been decided for us. and going by the movies only the stormtrooeprs have weaker weaponry and less effective training...

Rogue Jedi
Numbers?

WO Polaski
probably the imperials in my opinion.

Rogue Jedi
Be nice to have a close figure. Possible? haermm

Impediment
SST seem more organized in mass combat, if you ask me. The Bugs are a hardened foe, no? Much more hardened than any Imperial/Rebel enemy with a blaster. The Force is a valuable ally, but to what extent are we talking about here?

The SST showed much more emotion, IMO, because we related to them. The ST are rather ambiguous to the audience since we never see their face or relate to any of them. Most any ST will just fall after a few hits from a blaster.

Rogue Jedi
SST are trained to fight big ass bugs, whereas ST are trained to fights humans. This, plus sheer numbers, advantage ST.

Impediment
Big Bugs > humans, IMO.

If you want sheer numbers, then the bugs outclass the ST 10 to 1.

Rogue Jedi
And the bugs always had the humans on the run. The only time the bugs didnt have them on the run is when the brain bug was there and Johnny had the nuke.

Robtard
And the bugs always had the humans on the run. The only time the bugs didnt have them on the run is when the brain bug was there and Johnny had the nuke.

Not really.

Rogue Jedi
Not really. Pretty much. Whenever the smaller bugs attacked as a horde, the SST were always defensive at best.

Robtard
Pretty much. Whenever the smaller bugs attacked as a horde, the SST were always defensive at best.

Yet they managed to pull wins, despite overwhelming odds against a much deadlier foe.

You make a good point about the nuke, SST have nukes, by-by Stormtroopers.

Rogue Jedi
Yet they managed to pull wins, despite overwhelming odds against a much deadlier foe.

You make a good point about the nuke, SST have nukes, by-by Stormtroopers.

The escape from the deserted base was a win? Johnny being stabbed in the leg was a win?

And dude, the nukes shouldnt be allowed here. It should be rifle against laser rifle. With nukes, SST could take on McClane and give him a good fight.

Placidity
Lol Stormtroopers are a joke. They couldn't even hit Han Solo at close range.

In fact, a Stormtrooper's ineffectiveness is so infamous, there have been many terms made in reference of this. "Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy" is one example of this.

Robtard
The escape from the deserted base was a win? Johnny being stabbed in the leg was a win?

And dude, the nukes shouldnt be allowed here. It should be rifle against laser rifle. With nukes, SST could take on McClane and give him a good fight.

If you're going to take every single little side-plot that centered on a few guys as a loss on the SST part, then you should REALLY be chastising the Stormtroopers on their pathetic losses, namely to the Ewoks, furry midgets with stone-age tech.

In the big picture though, the SST conquered their enemy, the Bugs. ST got their ass handed to them by a much smaller and weaker force, the Rebels.

Fine. Soldier to soldier, the SST showed to be far better combatants and had far better aim, going by on-screen feats.

Rogue Jedi
If you're going to take every single little side-plot that centered on a few guys as a loss on the SST part, then you should REALLY be chastising the Stormtroopers on their pathetic losses, namely to the Ewoks, furry midgets with stone-age tech.

In the big picture though, the SST conquered their enemy, the Bugs. ST got their ass handed to them by a much smaller and weaker force, the Rebels.

Fine. Soldier to soldier, the SST showed to be far better combatants and had far better aim, going by on-screen feats. I'd say PIS, but I hate when someone uses that. I still think sheer numbers will overcome the SST.

Also, if nukes are gonna be allowed, why not TIE's?

WO Polaski
because the nukes were fired from a bazooka that the troopers carried. its a ground infantry weapon; TIEs are not.

Robtard
I'd say PIS, but I hate when someone uses that. I still think sheer numbers will overcome the SST.

Also, if nukes are gonna be allowed, why not TIE's?

The Ewoks wasn't the only time the Stormtroopers showed complete incompetence, so you might as well say EP4-6 was PIS from being to end.

Because of the rules set forth by the thread starter. No vehicles.

Nemesis X
Storm Troopers keep firing over their target's head. At least the Starship Troopers know how to aim and hit.

Rogue Jedi
The Ewoks wasn't the only time the Stormtroopers showed complete incompetence, so you might as well say EP4-6 was PIS from being to end.

Because of the rules set forth by the thread starter. No vehicles. Well, until the thread starter bans the nukes, no way no how a force of any size beats the SST. Its as one sided as it gets.

Robtard
Well, until the thread starter bans the nukes, no way no how a force of any size beats the SST. Its as one sided as it gets.

Even without nukes, the SST are far superior soldiers, so unless the Stormtroopers have the numbers advantage in spades, they're losing.

Though really, to be objective, it should be an equal size army and keep the weapons comparable, rifle to rifle, gun to gun.

WO Polaski
Well, until the thread starter bans the nukes, no way no how a force of any size beats the SST. Its as one sided as it gets.

if thats the case then the thread is over.

if you have to nerf one side in order for the other to stand a chance, whats the point in having the thread? thats like me making an incredible hulk vs. daredevil thread then preventing bruce banner from turning into the hulk because its lopsided.

just face the facts. the empire can not defeat the Star Ship Troopers in an infantry only battle because SST infantry has too many overly powerful weapons, and be done with it. this thread is to decide who would win in a fight with the weapons and training they have. its not designed to be a close match or even an entertaining one.

Rogue Jedi
I know this will be overlooked but it's worth a try:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper#Weaponry

All stormtroopers also had a cylindrical thermal detonator attached to the small of their back, on their torso armor. Like almost everything else on a typical Stormtrooper uniform, the detonator casing and buttons were not labeled, merely blank white in color. This was done deliberately in order to reduce the chance that an enemy would be able to arm the detonator if it were captured. Even a person who somehow knew the way to input the code would have to learn what it was. Each thermal detonator arming code was unique, known only to the soldier to whom the device was issued. The individual detonator code, along with designation codes and rank, were the only semblances of individuality that the troopers were allowed.

Around 130 ABY, stormtroopers were equipped with ARC-9965 blasters and are used alongside the E-11 blaster rifle.

Wait a second, the thermal detonators can be seen in the movies......Interesting.

Rogue Jedi
Thermal detonators:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Thermal_detonator

Robtard
So you propose we gimp the SST of one their field weapons, ie the small nuke, yet we let the ST have their personal fire-bombs. That sounds objective?

Placidity

Wait a second, the thermal detonators can be seen in the movies......Interesting.

No not really, I found it quite boring.

Rogue Jedi
So you propose we gimp the SST of one their field weapons, ie the small nuke, yet we let the ST have their personal fire-bombs. That sounds objective? Nah, I am merely saying keep the thread as is, but allow the detonators, which we can see on the ST armor.

Robtard
Nah, I am merely saying keep the thread as is, but allow the detonators, which we can see on the ST armor.

Fine, so the ST have their therma-ldetonators that have a 100 meter kill area, while the SST have their small propelled tactical nukes, which have a kill area hundreds of times over. Don't see how that changes the ST having their asses spread, lubed and thoroughly reamed here.

Rogue Jedi
Fine, so the ST have their thermaldetonators that have a 100 meter kill area, while the SST have their small propelled tactical nukes, which had a kill area many times over. Don't see how that changes the ST having their asses spread, lubed and thoroughly reamed here. You have any idea how big 100 meters is? And that each Stormtrooper will have one?

Another question: Each side is allowed to have all the weapons of war they displayed in the movies, yes? (Not TIE'S, ATAT's)

Robtard
You have any idea how big 100 meters is? And that each Stormtrooper will have one?

Another question: Each side is allowed to have all the weapons of war they displayed in the movies, yes? (Not TIE'S, ATAT's)

Yes, about 320 feet. Do you not remember how large of an area just one of those small tactical nukes obliterated? It was a hell of a lot more than a 320 foot area.

Go look at the thread start, I believe it's field weapons they showed in the films.

WO Polaski
they dont have a 100 meter kill radius.

Custom grenades could have a blast up to 100 meters.

stormtroopers use standard weaponry given to them by the empire. thus, no customzed thermal detonators will be present here i can assure you. whats the standard range for thermal detonators? look to the right of that page.

Range: 5 meter

so. thats the range of a modern day frag grenade. interesting.

dont see how thats going to help against SST grenades which are nuclear and have a range of 120 feet.

Rogue Jedi

Rogue Jedi
they dont have a 100 meter kill radius.

Custom grenades could have a blast up to 100 meters.

stormtroopers use standard weaponry given to them by the empire. thus, no customzed thermal detonators will be present here i can assure you. whats the standard range for thermal detonators? look to the right of that page.

Range: 5 meter

so. thats the range of a modern day frag grenade. interesting.

dont see how thats going to help against SST grenades which are nuclear and have a range of 120 feet.

The result was an expanding particle field that could atomize any material that did not conduct heat or thermal energy within the fixed blast radius; typically five meters, though some had an even greater radius. Custom grenades could have a blast up to 100 meters.

It says "typically", not all. Naturally some if not all are going to have an adjustable blast radius. "Fixed blast radius" implies that it it adjustable according to the wielders needs.

WO Polaski
"typically" meaning standard, something all military forces are forced to use.

which still doesnt change the fact that only custom made grenades have a blast radius of 100 meters. did you see any custom made thermal detonators in the movie?

SST wins.

WO Polaski

Rogue Jedi
How're the SST gonna handle Scout troopers? Hmm?

Placidity
How're the SST gonna handle Scout troopers? Hmm?

Like how they handle everything else, kill them?

WO Polaski
crylaugh

theyll handle them same way the ewoks handled them. haermm

dadudemon
Originally posted by Placidity
Like how they handle everything else, kill them?

I was thinking about caps bustin' in ass n'stuff.

Rogue Jedi
Like how they handle everything else, kill them? Right, cuz speeder bikes are slow as hell and not armed with a frigging laser cannon roll eyes (sarcastic)

Between speeder bikes, ground troop fire and god knows what else, they are gonna get pwned hard.

Placidity
The Stormtroopers in Episodes 4 to 6 are idiots. Everyone knows that, its pretty much common knowledge.

WO Polaski
Right, cuz speeder bikes are slow as hell and not armed with a frigging laser cannon roll eyes (sarcastic)

Between speeder bikes, ground troop fire and god knows what else, they are gonna get pwned hard.

-No vehicles allowed, this is a "on foot" battle. (meaning AT-ST, AT-AT, etc.)

try again RJ. i can see the desperation in your posts.

Rogue Jedi
I aint buying the fact that SST are better marksmen. All they did was point and spray. Hell, I can do that. Plus they are shooting at huge ass bugs, how can they miss?

They are gonna have Stormtroopers swarming them, Snowtroopers firing their huge ass cannons at them, and speeder bikes buzzing them all over the place.

Also, SST rifles only carry X amount of rounds, remember when Diz ran out? No way they will be able to carry enough on them to win this battle.

Rogue Jedi
try again RJ. i can see the desperation in your posts. Sure you do. Superior numbers and speeder bikes=win.

Rogue Jedi
Whoa, I missed that. Oh well, looks lke the Stormtroopers are gimped.

Placidity
I aint buying the fact that SST are better marksmen.

Anyone is a better marksmen.

See "Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy", "Stormtrooper Effect" and "Cannon Fodder". Being the SW Fan you are, I'm very surprised you aren't aware of the ST's reputation as gooses. That or you're just trolling.

Rogue Jedi
Anyone is a better marksmen.

See "Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy", "Stormtrooper Effect" and "Cannon Fodder". Being the SW Fan you are, I'm very surprised you aren't aware of the ST's reputation as gooses. That or you're just trolling. Trolling? By pointing out that the SST displayed no outstanding marksmanship? Because thats the point I was trying to make.

Placidity
Trolling? By pointing out that the SST displayed no outstanding marksmanship? Because thats the point I was trying to make.

Of course they were "spraying" the bugs. One shot clearly isn't enough. And also, when the bugs storm in masses, spraying is probably the best policy.

Whatever accuracy they displayed is better than the ridiculous misses (at close range) of the Stormtroopers we've seen.

Trying to discredit the SST doesn't really make the ST any less pathetic.

WO Polaski
the fact that they managed to even hit STATIONARY targets is a testament to their abilities, as the stormtroopers couldn't even do that.

furthermore, in the second battle and all the ones that follow in the movie, we see the troopers killing the bugs in one shot, even though in the first battle we saw that the bugs were getting shot tons of times without dropping. the movie itself explains this. the bugs have only one weak point, their nerve stem, which is located under the mouth. its only a few inches in size. the troopers as of the second battle were able to hit that with one shot, WHILE moving backwards or forwards, WHILE the bugs were moving backwards of forwards, and at a good distance away. that trumps any accuracy the stormtroopers have ever shown.

dadudemon
Woah, woah, woah.

If the SsTs get Nukes, then STs get both Death Stars, Vader, and the Emperor.

The end. no expression

WO Polaski
or maybe SST just wins because they have better infantry. no expression stick out tongue

ill never understand why people try to balance fights though. its stupid imo.

dadudemon
or maybe SST just wins because they have better infantry. no expression stick out tongue

ill never understand why people try to balance fights though. its stupid imo.

Indeed. If they were just as is, then many versus threads would be 1 post long. Stupid people, trying to balance out the versus matches. big grin

WO Polaski
if it lasts only one post then its a poorly thought-out thread in the first place, so there isnt really a point in making it then to with.

Robtard
Whoa, I missed that. Oh well, looks lke the Stormtroopers are gimped.

How is not allowing vehicles on both sides just a gimp to the ST and not the SST? (it's not, as it's equal)

WO Polaski
Depends, would you take anal and like it?

this is what you were talking about. laughing out loud

nah i dont care lol. i dont even really have much of an ass anyway. haermm

Robtard
So it's official, you like it up the ass and the SST would defeat the ST.

Another thread solved.

six6six
Don't trip RJ, it's obvious that if it were to be an ALL OUT battle with vehicles and Clone Troopers, this would be a stomp. WAY superior weaponary + force fields, it wouldn't even be funny. Star Wars would win, they just won't win this battle though.

Robtard
Did the Stormtroopers use forcefields in Ep: 4-6? I don't recall.

six6six
Did the Stormtroopers use forcefields in Ep: 4-6? I don't recall.

Negative.

Robtard
Negative.

Then I'm not so positive the Stormtroopers with their At-Ats and Walkers would fare all that well against the laser-guided mini tactical nukes that the Starship Troopers have.

six6six
Then I'm not so positive the Stormtroopers with their At-Ats and Walkers would fare all that well against the laser-guided mini tactical nukes that the Starship Troopers have.

True. But the thread seems to be already solved. ST's would lose either way. Like I said before though, if it were an all out battle where Clone Troopers were counted here, Starship Troopers would go down hard.

Robtard
True. But the thread seems to be already solved. ST's would lose either way. Like I said before though, if it were an all out battle where Clone Troopers were counted here, Starship Troopers would go down hard.

Yes.

WO Polaski
http://bugbomb.ytmnd.com/

all those stormtroopers. sad

six6six
http://bugbomb.ytmnd.com/

all those stormtroopers. sad

Death Star Cannon all them Starship Troopers. cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpy2ZBUo7yI&feature=related

WO Polaski
theyll toss a banana into its ventilator shaft. 131

six6six
theyll toss a banana into its ventilator shaft. 131

They couldn't get close enough to the Death Star to do that. They'd get dumped on by all the TIE Fighters. devil

WO Polaski
You obviously underestimate JOHN RICO'S POWAH.

six6six
You obviously underestimate JOHN RICO'S POWAH.

Don't forget about Vader. He's only the best pilot in the galaxy.

WO Polaski
john rico would beat his ass. Have you seen his cheek bones?

Robtard
Don't forget about Vader. He's only the best pilot in the galaxy.

Is that why he was sent barreling out of control in Ep:4?

Sadako of Girth
I was all ready for SW victory.

My hopes drowned in an inarguable sea of logic though, when I had read through this thread.

Well. Ya live and learn, I guess.

WO Polaski

he spilled his coffee on his lap. show some understanding.

Sadako of Girth
he spilled his coffee on his lap. show some understanding.

Burning his schwartz horribly...... Man first molten Lava.....Now steaming coffee.

six6six

wasn't Vaders fault. It was the dumb ass TIE fighter that bumped him.

WO Polaski
John McClane would have avoided the crashing TIE.

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud Damned straight.

Robtard
wasn't Vaders fault. It was the dumb ass TIE fighter that bumped him.

Certainly avoiding other spacecraft is an easy feat for the 'best pilot in the galaxy'?

And as above, McClane would've dodged it, easy.

Sadako of Girth
Avoided it, and rammed up into the rectum of a ninja Chick.

six6six
Here we go with the stupid ass McLane shit....

Robtard

How dare you, sir. You also forget a 'C', ya ****.

Sadako of Girth

Sartorial, elegant, razor sharp its observation.

Awesome post, dude.

dadudemon
You also forget a 'C', ya ****.

As if that mattered. He's all about getting things done so ... unorganized and on the spot that you'd think he would have fogetton about that extra C already.

six6six
How dare you, sir. You also forget a 'C', ya ****.

I left the "C" for you Retard or Robtard or whatever the **** your name is, cause I know you love C ock so much.

six6six
Don't get me wrong, "McClane" is cool, but its like that whole Chuck Norris is God crap, its real old already.

Sadako of Girth
Its a different thing.

Robtard
I left the "C" for you Retard or Robtard or whatever the **** your name is, cause I know you love C ock so much.

You know, you're the very first person to make a comment where you associate the 'tard' aspect of my screen-name with the word "retard."

Why are you questioning my name when you already called me by it and spelled it out. Odd.

Well yes, but that wasn't the reason, you just ****ed up, accept it.

six6six
You know, you're the very first person to make a comment where you associate the 'tard' aspect of my screen-name with the word "retard."

Why are you questioning my name when you already called me by it and spelled it out. Odd.

Well yes, but that wasn't the reason, you just ****ed up, accept it.

yeah yeah. what ev.

WO Polaski
yeah yeah. what ev.

http://stlove.ytmnd.com/

six6six
http://stlove.ytmnd.com/

uh, okay....

starwars

Rogue Jedi
How is not allowing vehicles on both sides just a gimp to the ST and not the SST? (it's not, as it's equal) Because scout troopers are stormtroopers and speeder bikes are their weapons.

Robtard
Because scout troopers are stormtroopers and speeder bikes are their weapons.

They also carry at least a pistol, if not a rifle and pistol. So their guns are their weapons and the speeder is their vehicle, though that's armed too.

Even allowing a few speeder bike squads, the SST is still kicking ass here. FFS, one of the scouts fell for the 'tap on the opposite shoulder' trick, stands to reason the Empire delegates the below average troops to that core.

Rogue Jedi
They also carry at least a pistol, if not a rifle and pistol. So their guns are their weapons and the speeder is their vehicle, though that's armed too.

Even allowing a few speeder bike squads, the SST is still kicking ass here. FFS, one of the scouts fell for the 'tap on the opposite shoulder' trick, stands to reason the Empire delegates the below average troops to that core.

I looked at a map of the SW universe today. You gotta consider that there are hundreds of thousands of stormtroopers on Coruscant, if not millions, then you have the Death star and star destroyers chocked full of them. Not to mention the ones stationed at the outlying planets. I think its safe to say that the ST's outnumber the SST's at least 10 to 1. Thats a generous guesstimate IMO.

WO Polaski
99.999% of those planets on that map don't exist canonically. and you're lucky Scout troopers are being used at all because they're not even infantry, theyre armor. they shouldnt even be allowed in this thread but no ones complaining so there's your handout.

as for the numbers so what if they outnumber them 10-1? one SST can kill a hundred with one shot of a nuclear grenade, so there numbers dont really mean anything. besides the SST are trained to fight against overwhelming numbers.

it doesnt matter anyway; theres no proof that the imperials outnumber them on the ground. just like the emprie the federation has planets under its control across the entire galaxy with trooeprs coming from all of them. that ONE first battle that we saw in the movie ended with the deaths of over 300 THOUSAND soldiers. that was barely even a single percentage of the Federation's total mobile infantry force.

we never even see a single army that size in the star wars movies.

Rogue Jedi
Scout troopers are Stormtroopers, therefore they should be allowed. Same as Sand and Snow troopers.

300,000? A single percentage? Is this said or implied in the movie? I forget?

WO Polaski
http://starshiptroopers.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Klendathu

they lost a hundred thousand in the first hour. considering that those losses are considered the norm for the first half of the war that means by the time it ended they were losing almost a million soldiers.

just because they're wearing a suit doesn't mean they're infantry. as soon as they get on those speederbikes they become armored reconnaissance; its a military term.

Rogue Jedi
We need six to step in and give us the number of allowed combatants. And if speeder bikes are allowed. Until then, this thread is gonna be a mess. Truth be told, the thread should be titled "The Federation versus the Empire."

WO Polaski
or maybe it should just stay the way it is and we all admit that the SST would win given the current circumstances. no expression

weve already established that in an infantry only battle with the same numbers the SST would whoop the Empire's ass. ive already established that even with the empire's full amount of soldiers vs. the SST's full amount theres no proof that either has more people then the other, and the Empire would still get its ass kicked in an infantry only battle.

so whats there to discuss? the empire cant win without its ships.

Rogue Jedi
or maybe it should just stay the way it is and we all admit that the SST would win given the current circumstances. no expression

weve already established that in an infantry only battle with the same nubmers the SST would whoop the Empire's ass. ive already established that even with the empire's full amount of soldiers vs. the SST's full amount theres no proof that either has more people then the other, and the Empire would still get its ass kicked in an infantry only battle.

so whats there to discuss? the empire cant win without its ships. This is my point, there is no way of proving who has more troops. This is why six needs to give us an exact number. He was obligated to do so upon starting the thread.

WO Polaski
so then are you saying that the only way the empire can win in an infantry only battle is if they grossly outnumber the opponent?

if thats true you can say that for any ground warfare... so whats the point in having any discussion about it, yada da mean?

Rogue Jedi
so then are you saying that the only way the empire can win in an infantry only battle is if they grossly outnumber the opponent?

if thats true you can say that for any ground warfare... so whats the point in having any discussion about it, yada da mean? Did I say that? I never said that. But I will stand by the following statements:

If nukes are allowed, then durh, the ST would need to grossly outnumber the SST.

Laser rifles are much more advanced than a SST rifle, and there is no way to prove a SST rifle round will even penetrate ST armor. I watched the Battle of Endor earlier and I didnt see a scene where an Ewok arrow actually penetrated the white plastoid armor of a ST. Could be that I missed it, got a scene number?

No way no how SST can handle Stormtroopers AND scout troopers on speeder bikes that are armed with a blaster cannon. Those scout troopers were pretty dead on accurate with their aim.

SST are trained to fight big ass bugs. Fighting a human with a blaster rifle is as different as night and day.

WO Polaski
http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWtrooparmor.html

Scroll down to Armor Protection- Kinetic.

Rogue Jedi
Hmm....Hard to tell if it oenetrated the while plastoid, or the black body glove.

WO Polaski
lol. it doesnt matter either way.

the SST are able to hit the inch long nerve stem on a bug while running in the opposite direction, killing it in one hit. Unlike the Stormtroopers they have superb aim and can hit one of the many weakspots on the armor. look at all the black body glove spots there are on the armor.

but that hardly matters. continue to scroll down on that page.

the armor was broken by them rolling down a hill... if it cracks from that what makes you think it can stand up to bullets fired at supersonic speeds?

meh. http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWtrooparrow1a.html

Rogue Jedi
One hit kills you say?

WO Polaski
stormtrooper cant survive wooden arrows and fractures after rolling down a hill. a stormtrooper was knocked out a by a judo throw.

what has stormtrooper armor been seen to protect against in the movies that make you think it can protect against bullets?

its only a one hit kill if it hits a vital area, obviously. all bullets work that way.

Wei Phoenix
stormtrooper cant survive wooden arrows and fractures after rolling down a hill. a stormtrooper was knocked out a by a judo throw.

what has stormtrooper armor been seen to protect against in the movies that make you think it can protect against bullets?

its only a one hit kill if it hits a vital area, obviously. all bullets work that way.

I agree if arrows, rocks and stuff hurt them then why can't a bullet that flies faster and has more piercing damage not hurt them?

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, but they look cool.

Kaibs
Dude it's a laser, lasers burn right through you. Leia was shot in the arm, not shoulder, wasnt she?

I was just saying heavy weaponry is an advantage.

LOl I agree with that one guy man. You litearlly said that shit passes through flesh in the movies. I never seen ANY SW movie where the laser passed through.... When Han shot Greedo that ****er got shot with a laser. And it didnt go through. Every TRooper who got shot same thing. The lasers were just like "bullets" in the mean they can do harm and damage even kill but its not some crazy insane laser that will just vaporize anything in it's way it hits.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.