Radio Controversy: Armenians, Irish, Italians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr. Leg Kick
Just a couple of minutes ago, an Irish friend of mine calls me and tells me to check this out. He was VERY upset about it. Apparently it's all over the news, and it's a huge law suit.

I don't listen to the radio, so I don't know who these people are. Regardless, it's pretty ****ed up.

http://www.burbankanc.org/KFI.mp3

------------------------------------------------
e-mail: Robin Bertolucci, Program Director, KFIAM640,
[email protected]

You can also go to the FCC website and file a complaint with
them. I have attached a link: http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

KFI station numbers:
Main: (818) 559-2252
Programming: (818) 566-6476

Corporate headquarters:
Clear Channel, 200 East Basse Road, San Antonio, TX 78209
(210) 822-2828
[email protected]

Symmetric Chaos
Right before it the woman criticizes people for living too long . . .

Kinneary
... It's all a joke.

Wild Shadow
its a joke and sarcasm, thats the problem with this country now ppl cant take a joke and feel they have the right to take some ones livelihood just because they dont agree with what they say.

its like ppl saying " "i" have the right to say what i want but you dont", grow the F@#$ up and stop being a baby.

Red Nemesis
You don't think that this sort of insulting, backwards, regressive bullshit deserves a response of some sort? The organized Turkish assault on the Armenian people was pretty damn terrible. It's like a holocaust joke, or a lynching joke. It should be frowned upon.

(Who is 'taking someone's livelihood?')

Wild Shadow
ppl who file complaints and want them off the radio. just because you dont like ppl making distasteful jokes doesnt mean they dont have the right to say it or others dont have the right to hear it.

i make racial jokes all the time and even tell ones that single my race out i dont f!%@'in care.

if you dont like what you hear on the radio change the station its that simple.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
You don't think that this sort of insulting, backwards, regressive bullshit deserves a response of some sort? The organized Turkish assault on the Armenian people was pretty damn terrible. It's like a holocaust joke, or a lynching joke. It should be frowned upon.

It's not a Turkish radio station. It's an American one, they probably just picked nationalities at random.

Dr. Leg Kick
Are you kidding me?

If the lady said "Finish what Hitler started" people would be bitching right now lol

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
ppl who file complaints and want them off the radio. just because you dont like ppl making distasteful jokes doesnt mean they dont have the right to say it or others dont have the right to hear it.

i make racial jokes all the time and even tell ones that single my race out i dont f!%@'in care.

if you dont like what you hear on the radio change the station its that simple. Difference between a joke, and promoting ethnic cleansing via selling a city populated with certain groups, in this case being Armenians.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
Are you kidding me?

If the lady said "Finish what Hitler started" people would be bitching right now lol

i wouldnt care i am not jewish, and i have dealt with racist supremest in the past heard their comments and ignored it. ppl should do the same here the only time i would do something if it went from words to action on ppl.

Symmetric Chaos
If she said "people are bastards for living too long" first, I'd probably find it amusing.

Robtard
It's a few not-so-funny radio jocks trying to be 'shocking' like Howard Stern, big ****ing deal. All this PC bullshit is killing this country.

If there's lawsuits over this, that is just so damn sad. Scum people looking for a free handout, from a system that caters to scum. Like that scum-retard who tried to sue the makers of Capt'n Krunch, because krunchberries weren't really berries.

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
If she said "people are bastards for living too long" first, I'd probably find it amusing. that's hilarious, cuz people are bastards, but to what extent can you display your bastardry.

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i wouldnt care i am not jewish, and i have dealt with racist supremest in the past heard their comments and ignored it. ppl should do the same here the only time i would do something if it went from words to action on ppl. you're saying "I". That's all on you, cuz you're coming from a different perspective.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Robtard
It's a few not-so-funny radio jocks trying to be 'shocking' like Howard Stern, big ****ing deal. All this PC bullshit is killing this country.

If there's lawsuits over this, that is just so damn sad. Scum people looking for a free handout, from a system that caters to scum. Like that scum-retard who tried to sue the makers of Capt'n Krunch, because krunchberries weren't really berries.

are you kidding thats a valid point false advertisement, i wish i had done it first. mad

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
that's hilarious, cuz people are bastards, but to what extent can you display your bastardry.

In the US you can do it through speech up to the point of "fighting words".

She actually does say "people live too long". People, not Armenians, it's a general statement. It seems pretty clear that they just picked a random group with no regard for their history (because you can pick any group of people and find a time someone tried to kill them, Jews just advertise well).

Robtard
Ha, the Islamofascist's inherent hate of Jews comes out yet again.

Wild Shadow
even if i were armenian, jewish or irish i wouldnt care it was a joke and if some lady said lets finish what hitler started i tell her to get started on it and the minute she tried to do something to me i would cold cock her.

like i said earlier ppl have said racial comments to me and i ignored it, its called being a grown up and living in the real world not some pg fantasy world where barney sings songs to you and tells you everything is okay and life is fare.

Dr. Leg Kick
http://i42.tinypic.com/2uppurt.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
Fatty.

Wild Shadow
pork chop.

Bardock42
Meh, no one got really harmed. If you are outraged don't listen to his program anymore, and get your friends not to, maybe write a complaint to the station, should solve the problem.

Though personally I find those publi crucifixions of "public figures" for slightly offensive comments distasteful. Cause you know, mobs destroying people's life, by getting them fired and perpetuating that they are horrible racists (for example) is, to me at least, much worse than a racist joke, no matter how distasteful.

Red Nemesis
thumb up

lil bitchiness
If someone made a slavery joke like ''what our ancestors started we should finish'' or holocaust joke ''what Hitler started we should finish'' everyone would be shitting bricks over it.

But because its someone who has experienced genocide, somewhere in the part of the world majority can't point to on the map - than its a joke.

It's not a joke. Armenian genocide is not a joke.
Those people are ignorant obnoxious shitheads.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
If someone made a slavery joke like ''what our ancestors started we should finish'' or holocaust joke ''what Hitler started we should finish'' everyone would be shitting bricks over it.

But because its someone who has experienced genocide, somewhere in the part of the world majority can't point to on the map - than its a joke.

It's not a joke. Armenian genocide is not a joke.
Those people are ignorant obnoxious shitheads. Well, it's a joke either way, really. You are right though in that the reaction is less severe because...well, no one cares.

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by Bardock42
...well, no one cares.

Such is life.

jaden101

Jokes about that would actually infer that the people listening even knew about the Turkish assault on the Armenian people. Chances are that the average tool that would listen to that show thinks an Armenian is some kind of food stall owner.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by jaden101
Jokes about that would actually infer that the people listening even knew about the Turkish assault on the Armenian people. Chances are that the average tool that would listen to that show thinks an Armenian is some kind of food stall owner.

So because the American public is uninformed it is OK to make light of this event? It would be OK to make a dogfighting joke in front of someone who didn't know about dogfighting (or worse, owned a cat) but not OK to do so in front of someone who had lost a pet (read: family member) to such an event?

The answer is no. These jokes aren't funny and should not be ignored or accepted.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by jaden101

Probably true. Which just makes it even more retarded. They made a joke probably because they knew those who listen that program are probably not educated enough to have even heard of Armenian genocide - even though it happened in the last century (since certain Americans of such calibre hate history before then, unless it's American).

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Probably true. Which just makes it even more retarded. They made a joke probably because they knew those who listen that program are probably not educated enough to have even heard of Armenian genocide - even though it happened in the last century (since certain Americans of such calibre hate history before then, unless it's American).

even then we are not so fond of our own history. stick out tongue

Bardock42
Well, in the second part the woman actually said "...finish what the turks started", I wonder how in her mind she thought that was a good idea.

jaden101
So because the American public is uninformed it is OK to make light of this event? It would be OK to make a dogfighting joke in front of someone who didn't know about dogfighting (or worse, owned a cat) but not OK to do so in front of someone who had lost a pet (read: family member) to such an event?

The answer is no. These jokes aren't funny and should not be ignored or accepted.

Nice strawman. Did I say anything about them being ok?

No.

Red Nemesis
My mistake. I dyslexia'd/merged your post with the quote above it: "...well, no one cares."

Sorry.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, in the second part the woman actually said "...finish what the turks started", I wonder how in her mind she thought that was a good idea.

Didn't get that far. Much less funny.

Dr. Leg Kick
Wkx8ScizQHs

Red Nemesis
no expression

He has always been fanatic about not forgetting the Armenian Genocide.

Clearly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.