Who's more Famous, Lara Croft or Master Chief?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luminatus
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7a/Lara_Croft.png

2 Hollywood movies starring frickin' Angelina Jolie
A somehwat long-running comic book series.
9 games
Several novels
Tomb Raider has its own amusement park ride.

vs.
http://coolandcollected.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/masterchief.jpg

The person most people probably couldn't identify without a picture and the term "that Halo guy".

So yeah..Lara is more iconic than Chief ever will be.

Zack Fair
Right now Chief > Lara IMO.

WO Polaski
nice try thread starter. but you have no idea what you're talking about.

Chief has:
7 novels out with two more being written.
4 Games that have ALL been great sellers and have all had good ratings
2 more games on the way
a movie coming out
has broken more then three records. including more pre-orders made then ANY other video game in HISTORY.
One of it's games has over two trillion seconds (100's of years). It's accumulated this over the course of two years. Said game also accumulated more money on its first day then ANY media release in HISTORY, has also had over one billion matches played in two years.

Let's go over Tomb Raider again-
2 Hollywood movies starring frickin' Angelina Jolie- Both of which sucked and the latter had asbolutely terrible reviews.
A somehwat long-running comic book series.
9 games- Most of which have had terrible reviews and low sales
Several novels- three. Six less then Halo.
Tomb Raider has its own amusement park ride- in one amusement park

It has achieved all of this in 13 years. Halo has slaughtered it in all aspects of sales and players in 4 less years then it took TR to get to it's current status.

Yeah, Lara Croft may have been hot back in the day, but no one gives a shit about her now.

Luminatus
Which nobody read except geeks so doesn't matter.

Yeah those Mortak Kombat games haven't exactly been selling wonders but I'm sure more people know Liu kang than Master Chief. Why? Kang had a movie. And people who play Halo only know Chief as the Halo guy.

lol SUre it will.

Wow! That must mean he's more famous than Mario, Sonic, Donkey Kong and Pacman combined!

Oh wait........

Totally irrelevant. Broke records upon its release.

And nobody besides a gamer knows the Halo guy is named Master Chief. I know a few friends' moms who know who Lara Croft is.

Chief isn't and never will be as big a name as Lara Croft.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by Luminatus
Which nobody read except geeks so doesn't matter.

same for the tomb raider novels.

doubt it.

people who play halo know him as the master chief... because thats his name and thats what everyone in the game calls him. no expression

either your grammar sucks, youre reaching for straws, or youre an idiot. take your pick.

what an intelligent counter argument. at least youre consistent.

no, but all of those people are more iconic then lara croft as well, so you have no point.

what an intelligent counter argument. at least youre consistent.

... i wasnt aware your mom and a few friends of hers represented the world.

god. why am i even replying to this shit?

let me see if i understand your overall point so far.

"yes halo has sold better and has an infinitely better track record then tomb raider. yes it has more novels, yes its done all of this in almost half the time tomb raider has existed. i acknowledge all of this... but it doesnt matter. just because. im not going to give a logical explaiantion for anything, everything is because i say so, and im going to base WORLD STATISTICS off of what i personally know what a few people that i live with know. obviously, they represent the worlds views. lol."

thats your point so far correct?

Peach
Pointless thread which is doing nothing but causing hostility.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.