ganthet vs thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
1. classic thor

2. odin power thor

3. king thor rune power and odin power.

ko, kill bfr.

ganthet gets a green power ring. wink

pls use feats and not hyperbole or at least a convincing argument.

Enyalus
Thor takes all three matchups. Ganthet is not physically strong nor fast. His only ability is the Oan energy manipulation, which is easily countered by Mjolnir.

Took all the Guardians to crack AM's armor. That was sorta impressive. They seem to not be able to overcome Agent Orange right now, though. And as far as strictly solo feats go, one Guardian was outputting the energy of a dozen hurricanes going all out. I don't think Ganthet does much better.

So yeah...

Ganthet's almost certainly more powerful than Classic Thor, it's just that he doesn't match up well at all.

Wild Shadow
bumpity bump

theICONiac
What about current Ganthet? He is channeling the blue energy of 'Hope' recognized as the strongest of the spectrum.

quanchi112
Thor in all three.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by theICONiac
What about current Ganthet? He is channeling the blue energy of 'Hope' recognized as the strongest of the spectrum.

no blue energy in the OP but if you want to answer each battle that i did mention you can finish of your argument and start a new one with a.... "but if he had fought him with a blue energy this is what would happen and use feats and proper arguments.

theICONiac
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
no blue energy in the OP but if you want to answer each battle that i did mention you can finish of your argument and start a new one with a.... "but if he had fought him with a blue energy this is what would happen and use feats and proper arguments.

Nah, too much effort...

But thanks anyway!

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Enyalus
Thor takes all three matchups. Ganthet is not physically strong nor fast. His only ability is the Oan energy manipulation, which is easily countered by Mjolnir.

Took all the Guardians to crack AM's armor. That was sorta impressive. They seem to not be able to overcome Agent Orange right now, though. And as far as strictly solo feats go, one Guardian was outputting the energy of a dozen hurricanes going all out. I don't think Ganthet does much better.

So yeah...

Ganthet's almost certainly more powerful than Classic Thor, it's just that he doesn't match up well at all.
You're kidding right?
First of all, did you see in Gl Rebirth. There power is greater then Spectre (over hype tho). Not only that but the can destroy the planet with a though.

They defeat 3 Gl users like nothing all high heralds. Also, the reason why their attacks don't work is because of the Orange Ring. They absorb, just like they steal. That's the point of the quote "mine" "mine"

Konton
Thor every time.

Enyalus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
You're kidding right?
First of all, did you see in Gl Rebirth. There power is greater then Spectre (over hype tho). Not only that but the can destroy the planet with a though.
Both statements are narrative hyperbole which aren't backed up by any Post-Crisis Guardian feat. The dozen hurricanes thing I mentioned occurred while that Guardian was in battle, so clearly wasn't hyperbole.

cloud102
Ganthet isn't even the most powerful of the Guardians. You need the most powerful to hang with Thor.

vlaaad12345
Guardians crack planets with a thought and easily deal with multiple green lanterns,ganthet is a blue guardian now which means hes a super guardian.

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Guardians crack planets with a thought
No, he does not. Nor will you ever find a scan of him doing such a thing.

vlaaad12345
According the guy who weilded their powers he can.

Enyalus
thumb up There you go.

Wild Shadow

can you show an example of him doing this feat? this thread is build on concrete evidence not speculation or hyperbole

xJLxKing
Both statements are narrative hyperbole which aren't backed up by any Post-Crisis Guardian feat. The dozen hurricanes thing I mentioned occurred while that Guardian was in battle, so clearly wasn't hyperbole. Me thinks you say hyperbole when you don;t like it.

Enyalus
Me thinks you say hyperbole when you don;t like it.
Not true. Otherwise I would have brought up Bor's power being able to destroy the planet in the DS vs. Bor thread. stick out tongue

Featwise the Guardians don't have anything even close to cracking the planet in half with a thought. They do have the force of a dozen hurricanes thing on their resume, though. And that's not enough to beat Thor.

I said before. Its a matchup problem. Thor absorbs energy. Ganthet gets his power from energy.

theICONiac
What exactly is the point of Ganthet getting a GL ring? Does that mean he has been depowered, and with the ring is a normal GL?

I thought the Guardians channel the green energy directly???

Wild Shadow
What exactly is the point of Ganthet getting a GL ring? Does that mean he has been depowered, and with the ring is a normal GL?

I thought the Guardians channel the green energy directly???

i wanted to be a smart @$$ stick out tongue

batosaimsx7
Ganthet curbstomps all 3

Oans are easily more powerful then any of the Asgardian gods

Even with Rune Magic Thor is going to take a dirt nap

batosaimsx7
Originally posted by cloud102
Ganthet isn't even the most powerful of the Guardians. You need the most powerful to hang with Thor. Incorrent

Any of the Oans including any Guardian of the universe or Zamaron like Queen Agapo would annihilate the Asgardian gods

It would take at least a Celestial level being to fight a Guardian of the universe

These were the guys that over powered The Spectre while he was recreating reality...the Earth Gods cant stand up to that

Thor dies horribly in all 3

Warlord
Originally posted by batosaimsx7
Incorrent

It would take at least a Celestial level being to fight a Guardian of the universe

Thor dies horribly in all 3

rolling on floor laughing

batosaimsx7
Originally posted by Warlord
rolling on floor laughing So basically you have virtually no knowledge on GLC or GL comics

I never said Guardians were Celestial level...I said it would take a Celestial level being to fight them...they are above the Watchers but below the Celestials...with the exception of some powerful Oans like Krona

batosaimsx7
Oh and Thor still dies horribly in all 3 matches

Wild Shadow
you guys really need to reread the OP before you pick your winner. you guys keep ignoring the stipulations here

batosaimsx7
We arent using any hyperbolic feats...the Guardians punked out the Spectre when he was at reality recreating levels and they also harmed the Anti Monitor

The Earth Gods dont have a prayer

Warlord
The only Thor I see loosing here is classic. As for the Guardians being above the Wtchers that's debatable

batosaimsx7
It isnt debatable its true...and Thor isnt above Watcher level even with Rune magic

Thor loses all 3...when Thor can punk out a nigh omnipotent being or damage someone who destroys universes..will talk

Warlord
It isnt debatable its true...and Thor isnt above Watcher level even with Rune magic

It's true based on what?
Majkor LOLs about the second statemnet

Wild Shadow
We arent using any hyperbolic feats...the Guardians punked out the Spectre when he was at reality recreating levels and they also harmed the Anti Monitor

The Earth Gods dont have a prayer

that was all the guardians attacking the anti monitor not a single oan not credit their for ganthet, punking someone with words doesnt mean your more powerful example:

john stewart and batman

batman and just about every hero in the jla.

batosaimsx7
that was all the guardians attacking the anti monitor not a single oan not credit their for ganthet, punking someone with words doesnt mean your more powerful example:

john stewart and batman

batman and just about every hero in the jla. No that was only 5 of the Guardians that attacked the Anti Monitor...please stop making things up

Also these were the newer guardians ... not Ganthet

And it doesnt matter because Thor with Rune Magic wouldnt even wake the Anti Monitor up from a nap

Batman doesnt punk out people...he talks shit and only doesnt get killed for it because the people he talks smack to dont want to hurt or kill him

Guardians got right up in Spectres face and challenged him....Spectre ran off like a *****

There is a difference

batosaimsx7
But w/e im done here
any Oan destroys Thor ...

Enyalus
SC AM was vastly depowered from his COIE state. That's outright explained. Even regular GLs like Soranik were able to tank a blast from AM.

And tossing energy at an energy absorber is not wise at all. Thor wins all scenarios against Ganthet or any other Oan besides Krona.

theICONiac
i wanted to be a smart @$$ stick out tongue

Ah-ha...

To me that seemed like taking away a fireman's waterhose and giving him a Super-Soaker to use instead...

theICONiac
SC AM was vastly depowered from his COIE state. That's outright explained. Even regular GLs like Soranik were able to tank a blast from AM.

And tossing energy at an energy absorber is not wise at all. Thor wins all scenarios against Ganthet or any other Oan besides Krona.

I dunno 'bout this new fangled 'Rune-King Thor' you kids are always talking about these days, but the Thor I know (including the one punked by Rulk) would be turned into Ganthets personal hand-puppet

laughing

Nihilist
I dunno 'bout this new fangled 'Rune-King Thor' you kids are always talking about these days, but the Thor I know (including the one punked by Rulk) would be turned into Ganthets personal hand-puppet

laughing New Rune King Thorjr_erm02

Enyalus

laughing

laughing

no

Kris Blaze

laughing

facepalm

Ganthet will do about as good as the controllers did against Larfleeze.

theICONiac
laughing

no

Hand puppet! Get it?!?!?!

drylaugh

Wild Shadow
Ah-ha...

To me that seemed like taking away a fireman's waterhose and giving him a Super-Soaker to use instead...

its not like ganthet even requires a ring, he still has all his powers.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
facepalm

Ganthet will do about as good as the controllers did against Larfleeze.
Agent Orange>>Thor my a long long long mile!

Warlord
Agent Orange>>Thor my a long long long mile!

Really even > OF Thor or RK Thor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.