Thanos vs the Fury

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SoulDevourer
k so first i only make this thread cos a lot of ppl keep sayin that Fury is easily "Thanos-level", go fig huh

IMO thats BS, Thanos is nothing next to the Fury but here we go, just for debates sake stick out tongue

btw I give this 9.99/10 to the Fury

PS. this is fight to death, no BFR
also this is "normal" Thanos : he can die, plus he aint got cosmic cube or any o the gems stick out tongue

Xplosive
Fury easily. No contest. Shouldn't be even mentioned the same sentence.

Lord Feron
Fury beats the ever loving crap out of Thanos.

See that Xplosive... same sentence big grin

guy222
fury wins

The Dark Cloud
Jesus, .....spite, spite, spite. Fury blinks Thanos out

JakeTheBank
Fury smacks Thanos' stupid grin off of his face.

Bouboumaster
.... With prep, Thanos win!

kicking

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
.... With prep, Thanos win!

kicking how exacly?

rotiart
If starlins writing? Thanos wins

Survivor19
Can't Thanos just create black hole inside of Fury, like X-Men did?

Or punch it a lot, like in the "Die by the sword"?

xJLxKing
Fury with utter ease.

Galan007
Overall, Fury ftw.

However, I think Thanos would do better than most think..

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Galan007

However, I think Thanos would do better than most think.. oh? huh (what exacly can Thanos do?)

Enyalus
Peak Fury wins every time.

Die by the Sword Fury dies.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Enyalus

Die by the Sword Fury dies. aint that Fury even stronger? huh (it has original ablities PLUS mjj powers)

Enyalus
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
aint that Fury even stronger? huh (it has original ablities PLUS mjj powers)
No.

SoulDevourer
No. I ment without PIS of cos (forum rules hehe)

Survivor19
There were no MJJ in Die by the sword.
Only Fury. Temporarily simulating MJJ.

SoulDevourer
wut

MJJ was there (but then Fury took over him or something & MJJ lost ncontrol)

Tenebrous
Fury. He can turn into afro-Magus and pimp slap Thanos

Enyalus
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Fury. He can turn into afro-Magus and pimp slap Thanos

stick out tongue Thanos would beat Afro Magus.

Charmander
Thanos easily

Galan007
oh? huh (what exacly can Thanos do?) I'm not saying Thanos has the offensive prowess necessary to put down the original Fury (hence my first statement in the post you quoted.) I'm saying that Thanos' durability is greater (by quite a wide margin, I'd imagine) than almost any other character we saw Fury engage. Durability allowing him to resist things like reality manipulation, with no ill-effect:

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1815109_t1.jpg

Ie. the durability + standard equipment + raw power Thanos possesses, leads me to believe he certainly has the potential to make the original Fury have to work for the win(s).

(However, if this is the 'most current' version of Fury, Thanos wins. stick out tongue)

SoulDevourer
I'm not saying Thanos has the offensive prowess necessary to put down Fury (hence my first statement in the post you quoted.) I'm saying that Thanos' durability is greater (by quite a wide margin, I'd imagine) than almost any other character we saw Fury engage. Durability allowing him to resist things like reality manipulation, with no ill-effect:

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1815109_t1.jpg

Ie. the durability + standard equipment + raw power Thanos possesses, leads me to believe he certainly has the potential to make Fury have to work for the win(s).
k but what about Furys main blaster? it wuz like one of the most powerfull guns in MU (allways 1-shot kills even against superman-durable heroes)
there no way Thanos can absorb even 1 shot of that much firepower (and he cant dodge it either)

(However, if this is the 'most current' version of Fury, Thanos wins. stick out tongue) ok I mean of Fury that fought MJJ

Galan007
k but what about Furys main blaster? it wuz like one of the most powerfull guns in MU (allways 1-shot kills even against superman-durable heroes)
there no way Thanos can absorb even 1 shot of that much firepower (and he cant dodge it either) Who did Fury one-shot that was 'Superman-durable'?

SoulDevourer
Who did Fury one-shot that was 'Superman-durable'? lets see

captain britain (this guy has a personal shield suppose to be very tough a bit like Supes bio-shield)

there was this guy, only normal human but he had like a magical necklace or something, it made him invulnerable (plus its magic!) yet it didnt protect him from the Furys cannon. again 1 shot kill

then there the atomic guy who says "cimota" to transform into superman-clone, cant remember name (a bit like when Billy says "shazam" & becomes Marvel) but the Fury 1-shots him too, literaly pulverizes half of him lol

theres prolly others

Charmander
Captain Britain... lulz

Anyway, Galan forgot that Fury can beat Galactus. erm

Galan007
lets see

captain britain (this guy has a personal shield suppose to be very tough a bit like Supes bio-shield)

there was this guy, only normal human but he had like a magical necklace or something, it made him invulnerable (plus its magic!) yet it didnt protect him from the Furys cannon. again 1 shot kill

then there the atomic guy who says "cimota" to transform into superman-clone, cant remember name (a bit like when Billy says "shazam" & becomes Marvel) but the Fury 1-shots him too, literaly pulverizes half of him lol

theres prolly others Originally posted by Galan007
Who did Fury one-shot that was 'Superman-durable'?

Galan007
Originally posted by Charmander
Anyway, Galan forgot that Fury can beat Galactus. erm That I did.

SoulDevourer
2 Supe clones. that counts stick out tongue (not PC Supe of cos)

Galan007
2 Supe clones. that counts stick out tongue (not PC Supe of cos) And what exactly puts their durability on Superman's level?

SoulDevourer
And what exactly puts their durability on Superman's level? uh I dunno, cuz they writen like Supe clones & look like Supe i guess stick out tongue

better question is, what puts Thanos durability above them? wink wink

oh yeah and Furys gun also pwned MJJ (MJJ recovered but the cannon still disintegrated him)
and it burned Merlin (omniversal guardian)

pretty sure both these dudes are more durable then Supe (whos not omniversal)

Galan007
better question is, what puts Thanos durability above them? wink wink Feats?

SoulDevourer
Feats? ok then whats the most powerfull energy blast that Thanos has survive?

(not explosion, I mean directed energy blast fired at him, like a weapon)

Galan007
ok then whats the most powerfull energy blast that Thanos has survive?

(not explosion, I mean directed energy blast fired at him, like a weapon) His respect thread should answer your question.

SoulDevourer
His respect thread should answer your question. uh ok theres several of them but they dont have the various stats sections (-durability feats, -strength feats & so on). Ima not sift thru all the pages

any real respect thread out there? sad

edit : strike that i found one on another forum smile

SoulDevourer
k so the best one is where he survives Surfers energy blast but thats only after he was resurected iirc

Charmander
k so the best one is where he survives Surfers energy blast but thats only after he was resurected iirc

Why does that make a difference?

Anyway, he took a blast from Galactus, Omega... etc, can't see how that isn't better than being unaffected by Surfer...

SoulDevourer
Why does that make a difference? becuz Ms Death made him tougher after she brought him back? (this fight is with classic Thanos - wanted to add this but I cant edit )

Anyway, he took a black from Galactus without powerups? when wuz that? huh

Charmander
becuz Ms Death made him tougher after she brought him back? (this fight is with classic Thanos - wanted to add this but I cant edit )

without powerups? when wuz that? huh You said Thanos level in the OP.
Classic Thanos wasn't even Thanos level.

Well, not when he was in his first form...

SoulDevourer
You said Thanos level in the OP.
Classic Thanos wasn't even Thanos level.

Well, not when he was in his first form... no i said i made this thread cuz several ppl on this & other forums have said Fury was "Thanos level" (go figure) so i wanna sort this once & for all ^^

this is pre-resurection Thanos

Enyalus
Classic Thanos was still an unbelievable beast. KO'd The Thing with a flick of his wrist, took on and beat the Avengers, including Thor. T-vo esque reality/mental rape. Reverted Captain Mar-vell to Rick Jones with a glance. Destroyed a planet in his fight with Drax. Basically stalemated Afro Magus after expending energy by killing off 20,000 Black Guards before hand, etc...

Charmander
no i said i made this thread cuz several ppl on this & other forums have said Fury was "Thanos level" (go figure) so i wanna sort this once & for all ^^

this is pre-resurection Thanos How does this solve anything if you're using a Thanos who wasn't even 'Thanos level'?

SoulDevourer
How does this solve anything if you're using a Thanos who wasn't even 'Thanos level'? "Thanos who wasnt Thanos level"? wth are u talking about? u saying Thanos isnt Thanos?

by "Thanos level" I suppose they ment "classic Thanos level"
tho im not sure

come to think of it lets make it 2 fights :

1) Fury vs Thanos pre-resurection
2) Fury vs Thanos post-resurection

(**** cant edit our 1st posts)
can the mods add this to the 1st post?

Charmander
"Thanos who wasnt Thanos level"? wth are u talking about? u saying Thanos isnt Thanos?

by "Thanos level" I suppose they ment "classic Thanos level"
tho im not sure

come to think of it lets make it 2 fights :

1) Fury vs Thanos pre-resurection
2) Fury vs Thanos post-resurection

(**** cant edit our 1st posts)
can the mods add this to the 1st post? Classic Thanos isn't at the level that people use to say 'Thanos level'.
Quite simple really.

No, they can't.

Thanos wins both with his feet.

Harbinger
The Fury.

Survivor19
Original Fury wins this.
Fury adapts and develops a field like Drax's. Then tears Thanos' heart out.

Kris Blaze
Thanos pre-resurrection derived a lot of powers from technology. After he was resurrected, they were integrated into his personal powers.

So Thanos is exactly the similar after his resurrection.

Charmander
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Thanos pre-resurrection derived a lot of powers from technology. After he was resurrected, they were integrated into his personal powers.

That sounds made up...

Proof?

Enyalus
It is made up. erm

Kris Blaze
That sounds made up...

Proof?

It was written in his handbook profile.

They usually don't get that stuff wrong, just the power levels.

psycho gundam
thanos' corpse has technology in them where the marrow should have been.

Enyalus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thanos' corpse has technology in them where the marrow should have been.
Except that that wasn't his corpse. It was a set up by Thanos himself.

darthgoober

I'm pretty sure they said that he was more powerful after his resurrection in a comic. Seems like it was in Thanos Quest or a Surfer comic, when Thanos was talking to one of Mistress Death's minions.

Enyalus
It was Thanos Quest. smile

psycho gundam
Except that that wasn't his corpse. It was a set up by Thanos himself. it was a replica of what he has. he's done some mods to his structure.

Mattek
Thanos went 13 pages blow for blow against Odin. Thanos mops the floor with fury.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Mattek

Thanos went 13 pages blow for blow against Odin. Thanos mops the floor with fury. how exacly?

Enyalus
He's talking about Nick Fury.

He has to be. no expression

Mattek
The same way he plowed Galactus through walls.

SoulDevourer
He's talking about Nick Fury.

He has to be. no expression lol
The same way he plowed Galactus through walls. ok Thanos plows, then Fury adapts

what next ? stick out tongue

Mattek
lol
ok Thanos plows, then Fury adapts

what next ? stick out tongue Teleport him into a black hole. Thanos will overcome the obstacle.

SoulDevourer
Teleport him into a black hole. Thanos will overcome the obstacle. what if Fury cant be teleported?

or how 'bout this : Thanos begins to teleport Fury Star Trek style
as Fury begins to disintergrate , it analyze teleportation beam & in a fraction of second adapts to make itself resistant to teleportation => teleportations interupted
(watch Stargate SG1? season 8 episode 1 stick out tongue)

Mattek
what if Fury cant be teleported?

or how 'bout this : Thanos begins to teleport Fury
as Fury begins to disintergrate, it analyze teleportation beam and in a fraction of second adapts itself => teleportations interupted
(watch Stargate SG1? season 8 episode 1 stick out tongue)

Teleportation is instant. As soon as he 'begins' to teleport him it's over - faster than a fraction of a second. And were not talking about sg-1. The physics and technology have nothing to do with the power to transport.

SoulDevourer
Teleportation is instant. As soon as he 'begins' to teleport him it's over - faster than a fraction of a second. And were not talking about sg-1. The physics and technology have nothing to do with the power to transport. ok but since when can Thanos teleport things? that aint one o his powers

but hes gonna need a black hole nearby (he cant just create one like Rachel did)

Mattek
ok but since when can Thanos teleport things? that aint one o his powers

but hes gonna need a black hole nearby (he cant just create one like Rachel did) Thanos has the ability to teleport himself and anything he touches along with him. Check his respect thread at this forum and find out.

SoulDevourer
Thanos has the ability to teleport himself and anything he touches along with him. Check his respect thread at this forum and find out. i dont remeber instance where he does but if u say so

hes still gonna need a black hole stick out tongue

Kris Blaze
I've never seen Thanos BFR anyone.

Mattek
i dont remeber instance where he does but if u say so

hes still gonna need a black hole stick out tongue

He can blow up a star or transport Fury into a star.

Enyalus
I've never seen Thanos BFR anyone.
He BFR's Champion w/ Quantum Bands with a casual finger-point.

SoulDevourer
He can blow up a star or transport Fury into a star. we allready know Fury can survive surface temps of a star (fight with MJJ)
MAYBE core temps too (not sure tbh)

besides I cant edit post but I wanna specify, fight takes place far from anything "special" (that include stars & black holes stick out tongue)

in other words this is REAL fight where neither of em can use the enviroment, ONLY there own powers
this means if Thanos wanna teleport Fury into a star or black hole hes gonna have to make one himself
there ! stick out tongue

Enyalus
Dude, Fury survived his universe being nullified. Thanos isn't putting him down.

Kris Blaze
He BFR's Champion w/ Quantum Bands with a casual finger-point.

I stand corrected. And if I am not mistaken it was ESPECIALLY casual, as he was sitting down or something.

Anyways, The Fury can teleport.

Enyalus
I stand corrected. And if I am not mistaken it was ESPECIALLY casual, as he was sitting down or something.

Anyways, The Fury can teleport.
Yeah, lol. Champion's really pissed and challenges him to a rematch, and Thanos, still sitting down, points and BFRs him off of his ship and onto a different planet, which he destroys.

And yeah, Fury beats Thanos. no expression

Charmander
Originally posted by psycho gundam
it was a replica of what he has. he's done some mods to his structure. Didn't that fairy say that Thanos wouldn't need those, or something along the lines?

newnewguy
Overall, Fury ftw.

However, I think Thanos would do better than most think.. How would a TI Thanos fare here?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.