zuras vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Uxas Khan
Both using their full range of power and going all out,who wins and why

guy222
zuras weakened held his own vs zeus

Uxas Khan
Originally posted by guy222
zuras weakened held his own vs zeus how does that get him the win here

guy222
Odin, Zeus and Zuras all considered equals. Odin has more feats

IMO, Zuras wins here

Uxas Khan
Odin, Zeus and Zuras all considered equals. Odin has more feats

IMO, Zuras wins here zuras is nothing like Zues or Odin lvl.Zues wasn't going all out and Zuras got easily beat down by Hero

SoulDevourer
zuras physicaly weaker then the "bigshot" eternals right?
Thanos makes him his ***** & punches him to pulp

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos with little difficulty

Kris Blaze
lmfao

KuRuPT Thanosi
The difference in strength would be a big factor in this fight. One guy is listed at 30 tons and the other at 100+ tons

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
The difference in strength would be a big factor in this fight. One guy is listed at 30 tons and the other at 100+ tons

Odin is listed at 80.

How'd that fight go?

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Odin is listed at 80.

How'd that fight go?

laughing

Lord S
This is tough because while Zuras did hold his own against Zeus, it was only for about a panel or so. Might not be convincing enough for some people, as Thanos fought Odin very hard.

I'd have to go with Zuras...because he was Prime Eternal. (Doesn't mean I would give Ikaris a chance againt Thanos).

Nihilist
Thanos for a majority

Bouboumaster
I say Zuras, but barely

guy222
Originally posted by Uxas Khan
zuras is nothing like Zues or Odin lvl.Zues wasn't going all out and Zuras got easily beat down by Hero

fight was just a page and zuras was weakened from the ritual of the uni mind and still held his own vs zeus

hero was tricked by ajak

zeus was killed by amatsu-mikaboshi

so all characters have low showings

guy222
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I say Zuras, but barely

thumb up

kevdude
From what I've heard Zuras normally would take it, Guy have any scans of Zuras?

guy222
Let me look for the brief Zuras vs Zeus fight and a few more Zuras feats

guy222
Here's Zuras after the dissolving of the Uni-Mind.

http://img212.imagevenue.com/loc158/th_20932_olymp1_122_158lo.jpg

Zuras and Zeus fight.

http://img171.imagevenue.com/loc1051/th_20937_olymp7_122_1051lo.jpghttp://img222.imagevenue.com/loc397/th_20940_olymp8_122_397lo.jpg

Fight is broken up.

http://img167.imagevenue.com/loc804/th_20942_olymp11_122_804lo.jpghttp://img102.imagevenue.com/loc98/th_20943_olymp12_122_98lo.jpg

golem370
Thanos imo. If only by showings alone, namely the sheer destruction that happened between Odin & Thanos and then the battle between Thanos and Depowered Tyrant. Tyrant defeated Silver Surfer, Gladiator & BRB I don't see Zuras doing that either.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Odin is listed at 80.

How'd that fight go?

Ummm Thanos was losing but the fight didn't finish. Furthermore, you do understand there is still a bigger difference between 100+ and 80 and 100+ and 30. So, I really fail to see your point. If they were the same strength level you would have one but ummm they aren't even really close

Plus all this talk about Zuras fighting Zeus while impressive at a glance the fight was barely one panel while Thanos fight with Odin was a pretty extensive battle.

Nihilist
zues vs Zuras fight is a piss poor way to judge a win imo for Zuras it was barely even a fight.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by golem370
Thanos imo. If only by showings alone, namely the sheer destruction that happened between Odin & Thanos and then the battle between Thanos and Depowered Tyrant. Tyrant defeated Silver Surfer, Gladiator & BRB I don't see Zuras doing that either.

Let's take this apart.

- Damage to the enviroment means nothing. Thor could take apart a planet while killing Cyclops. Doesn't mean the battle is on a higher level. Means that one side of the fight caused destruction while tearing the other side a new hole.

- Tyrant could most likely defeat all those heralds, but he had hundreds of soldiers and robots diverting the team's attention. Tyrant was not on his own, and regardless of how strong his henchmen were, they made it very difficult for the team to form any kind of plan or strategy.

- And Zuras could most likely do that, seeing as he was actually able to AFFECT Zeus. Thanos couldn't even make Odin flinch.

Enyalus
- And Zuras could most likely do that, seeing as he was actually able to AFFECT Zeus. Thanos couldn't even make Odin flinch.

Mikaboshi was able to kill Zeus, and I wouldn't put him above Thanos...IMO, Odin is clearly above Zeus in the same way that Thor is clearly above Hercules.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Enyalus
Mikaboshi was able to kill Zeus, and I wouldn't put him above Thanos...IMO, Odin is clearly above Zeus in the same way that Thor is clearly above Hercules.

How?

Odin and Zeus are both supreme in their own pantheons. The difference between them is IN NO WAY similar to that of Hercules and Thor. Hercules isn't a full god. Zeus was able to shitstop Pluto relatively easy btw, in a similar manner to the way Odin disposed of Hela.

You've got nothing to base Odin > Zeus on, except the fact that we've seen Odin's limitations and strengths.

Mikaboshi, yet to see him or her lose a fight yet. Just because his powers aren't in the SUPA LAZA BEAMS! doesn't mean he's not strong.

Lord S
- And Zuras could most likely do that, seeing as he was actually able to AFFECT Zeus. Thanos couldn't even make Odin flinch. That's a lie.

Well not a lie, but partial untruth. Thanos was able to make the old man flinch...when he was giving his speech about power and title, (or something to that effect), the old man had to put up his arms to protect himself. Plus the fact that he needed to summon Gungnir to put Thanos away is an indication that he saw Thanos as a credible threat.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Lord S
That's a lie.

Well not a lie, but partial untruth. Thanos was able to make the old man flinch...when he was giving his speech about power and title, (or something to that effect), the old man had to put up his arms to protect himself. Plus the fact that he needed to summon Gungnir to put Thanos away is an indication that he saw Thanos as a credible threat.

Well of course Odin has to employ his forcefields and actual powers in order to take hits. Otherwise Thor with Mjolnir would harm him. That much is obvious to anyone with a brain.

It also happens to be like the very first time Odin has ever used gungnir. And it's not exactly Mjolnir, without Odin gungnir doesn't do anything. It's not something everybody can pick up and then shoot the infinite lazers of death.

Nor does it indicate that Odin NEEDED Gungnir, it only means that he chose to use it because he thought the fight would end quicker. Thor can kill The Thing physically, he doesn't NEED Mjolnir to win. He might however, use Mjolnir because it's much easier, much safer, etc.

Anybody who actually thinks that Thanos was a THREAT to Odin certainly needs to reread the comic. And perhaps realize that the fight took place in the Adam Warlock series, well known for having its lips around Thanos' penis. When Thanos fails to even SCRATCH Odin in such a comic, then perhaps it's time to realize that Thanos is truly outclassed.

Ouallada
I think the point here is that a short fight between Zuras and Zeus isn't anywhere conclusive enough to place the former firmly in skyfather class, especially as his other showings haven't exactly set the world on fire. While I think that Zuras would take a slight majority, it's a fair enough point from where I stand, and I would like to see more of what Zuras was capable of.

Naija boy
Thanos

TricksterPriest
Ummm guys, didn't Mikaboshi just kill off one of the heads of the Skrull pantheon and annex it? And prior to that, most of the japanese pantheon had to put him in yomi to imprison him, IIRC.

Kris, how many pantheons does Mikaboshi control by proxy now? erm

zeel
Zuras is another example of a extremely powerful hero with next to no feats. Hes considered to be the top eternal; and above thanos but to date dosent have the feats to back it up. Going with thanos on this one.

Lord S
Well of course Odin has to employ his forcefields and actual powers in order to take hits. Otherwise Thor with Mjolnir would harm him. That much is obvious to anyone with a brain.

It also happens to be like the very first time Odin has ever used gungnir. And it's not exactly Mjolnir, without Odin gungnir doesn't do anything. It's not something everybody can pick up and then shoot the infinite lazers of death.

Nor does it indicate that Odin NEEDED Gungnir, it only means that he chose to use it because he thought the fight would end quicker. Thor can kill The Thing physically, he doesn't NEED Mjolnir to win. He might however, use Mjolnir because it's much easier, much safer, etc.

Anybody who actually thinks that Thanos was a THREAT to Odin certainly needs to reread the comic. And perhaps realize that the fight took place in the Adam Warlock series, well known for having its lips around Thanos' penis. When Thanos fails to even SCRATCH Odin in such a comic, then perhaps it's time to realize that Thanos is truly outclassed. That's a cute story. I especially like the jab at Starlin at the end there...very classy. rolleyes1

KuRuPT Thanosi
Ummm Thanos was losing but the fight didn't finish. Furthermore, you do understand there is still a bigger difference between 100+ and 80 and 100+ and 30. So, I really fail to see your point. If they were the same strength level you would have one but ummm they aren't even really close

Plus all this talk about Zuras fighting Zeus while impressive at a glance the fight was barely one panel while Thanos fight with Odin was a pretty extensive battle.

What happened Kris?

Kris Blaze

The difference between 100+ and 80 and 100+ and 30 is VIRTUALLY NOTHING. Thor is capable of supporting the weight of half a ****ing planet and if Thanos is around as strong as him, then whether someone is 20, 30, 50 or 90 doesn't make a ****ing difference since it's capable of lifting 100 ish tons versus capable of lifting millions. 30 and 50 are a ****load closer than 100+ and 80 in most cases.

The point, which flew over your head is that physical strength and handbook class means absolutely nothing in fights like these. You think that if Odin was naturally a class 30 he could not beat Thanos even though he has the Odinforce?

Zuras stalemated some of Zeus' energy beams. It's more than Pluto can muster and many others. That's all there is to this discussion, the rest is speculation.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The difference between 100+ and 80 and 100+ and 30 is VIRTUALLY NOTHING. Thor is capable of supporting the weight of half a ****ing planet and if Thanos is around as strong as him, then whether someone is 20, 30, 50 or 90 doesn't make a ****ing difference since it's capable of lifting 100 ish tons versus capable of lifting millions. 30 and 50 are a ****load closer than 100+ and 80 in most cases.

The point, which flew over your head is that physical strength and handbook class means absolutely nothing in fights like these. You think that if Odin was naturally a class 30 he could not beat Thanos even though he has the Odinforce?

Zuras stalemated some of Zeus' energy beams. It's more than Pluto can muster and many others. That's all there is to this discussion, the rest is speculation.

Incorrect. There is a huge difference between 30 & 100+ which is actually more then 3 times as strong. Now 80 to 100+ well a lot closer in terms of strength. They have those classes for a reason not just to throw out random numbers. While a class 30 is still pretty damn strong nad if he has the powers that Zuras has added to his strength he's a worth foe no doubt. The point i was making is that if Thanos engaged Odin the way he did physcially and Odin was a 30 that backhand wouldn't have had the same effect and Thanos could have taken him h2h. The fact is Odin is pretty close to thanos and thus it could affect him along with Odin's other vast powers and amping.

Furthmore, what about Zuras fight with Zeus has you convinced of anything. Show me where it says or shown Zeus is going all out or tying to kill Zuras. It doesn't. It's more like a like squabble that is broken up quickly. Add to that the fight only last 1 panel so what exactly was proven with that. Thanos battle with Odin lasted page after page with Odin's words and actions speaking towards Thanos benig a worth adversary and wanting to Kill him. The same can't be said for the Zuras Zeus fight. So, while I get your point the fact is that Thanos is a lot stronger then Zuras and I see nothing that Zuras has done that would lead me to believe he could put down Thanos. Who has Zuras beaten in a one v one fight that is equal to or greater then Thanos. I will await this info.

Kris Blaze
Incorrect. There is a huge difference between 30 & 100+ which is actually more then 3 times as strong. Now 80 to 100+ well a lot closer in terms of strength. They have those classes for a reason not just to throw out random numbers. While a class 30 is still pretty damn strong nad if he has the powers that Zuras has added to his strength he's a worth foe no doubt. The point i was making is that if Thanos engaged Odin the way he did physcially and Odin was a 30 that backhand wouldn't have had the same effect and Thanos could have taken him h2h. The fact is Odin is pretty close to thanos and thus it could affect him along with Odin's other vast powers and amping.

You seem to have a lot of trouble with this really simple math.

Class 30 means you lift 30 tons.
Class 80 means you lift 80 tons.
Class 100+ means you lift in excess of 100 tons.

Thor can apparently lift thousands and thousands of tons. Since he and Thanos are relatively equal, we assume that Thanos can lift as much as he can.

50 000 tons vs 30 tons
50 000 tons vs 80 tons

They're both absolute stomps in the strength department. Yet somehow, despite being able to lift 49 920 tons more than Odin, Thanos was not able to do anything to him. Do you think the difference is the 50 tons Odin has over Zuras? Or the ****ing all-poweful magic that houses his body?

Think on this for a second and then spend the weekend trying to decide whether or not how much you are able to lift makes any difference at all in a battle like this.

Lord S
I don't think Marvel even uses the 'Class' system anymore. Personally I think it's overrated.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Lord S
I don't think Marvel even uses the 'Class' system anymore. Personally I think it's overrated.

It is.

And practically every classification is wrong.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You seem to have a lot of trouble with this really simple math.

Class 30 means you lift 30 tons.
Class 80 means you lift 80 tons.
Class 100+ means you lift in excess of 100 tons.

Thor can apparently lift thousands and thousands of tons. Since he and Thanos are relatively equal, we assume that Thanos can lift as much as he can.

50 000 tons vs 30 tons
50 000 tons vs 80 tons

They're both absolute stomps in the strength department. Yet somehow, despite being able to lift 49 920 tons more than Odin, Thanos was not able to do anything to him. Do you think the difference is the 50 tons Odin has over Zuras? Or the ****ing all-poweful magic that houses his body?

Think on this for a second and then spend the weekend trying to decide whether or not how much you are able to lift makes any difference at all in a battle like this.

My only point which is valid is it not being about the ranking/class system that decides this fight. I already mentioned Zuras other powers make him a worth foe. However, don't you think if Odin was only a class 30 compared to class 80 Thanos would've probably done better in the h2h department. I'm not talking about lifting and never mentioned any such thing. I'm talking about strength difference in terms of h2h combat when things get physical. Your assuming it won't but that doesn't mean it won't and that is where the difference in strength will come into play.

I also like how you avoided my questions in terms of showing me panels where it says Zeus was going all out or even trying to kill Zuras? So, it's speculation and not really that impressive considering it doesn't look like he was going even close to all out and it lasted 1 page. While Thanos and Odin... Odin makes direct references a few times to wanting to kill thanos, him being a worthy foe and it lasted page after page. Yet the battle you use to say Zuras wins is one page against a zeus he really didn't seem that interested in fighting along with Zuras. So, again what feats or foes has Zuras fought and won that you give him this victory over Thanos? What durability feats does he has that you believe he can take what Thanos can dish out? What output of power against which foes give you the idea he can put down Thanos? So, this time try addressing these questions as to you Zuras wins and easily and your basing this on Zuras vs. Zeus... confused

Enyalus
Thor can apparently lift thousands and thousands of tons. Since he and Thanos are relatively equal,
Current Thor perhaps. stick out tongue

Kris Blaze
Current Thor perhaps. stick out tongue

Thanos being even stronger physically doesn't really help his case here. It only further proves that your supposed strength class is completely irrelevant in these battles.

Enyalus
Thanos being even stronger physically doesn't really help his case here. It only further proves that your supposed strength class is completely irrelevant in these battles.
It is, I agree. Marvel should get their act together about that.

Kris Blaze

I don't mind it for lower level characters, but I don't see the point in giving like Odin and Zuras a strength class.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Again no answer to the questions Kris..

1. So, your saying Strength doesn't matter in terms of h2h combat? If Odin was only a 30 could that have changed the fight when Thanos come up to get physical? Of course it could have. You assume it won't get physical but thats all it is is an assumption. That is exactly how the difference in strength could factor in

2. So, your using a fight where Zeus never once said he was going all out or even looked pissed or really want to fight. Same with Zuras he had no desire to fight. So, your using a fight that last 1 page with neither party seeming to really want to fight nor going anywhere near all out as your justification for Zuras winning? Compare that with Odin who has more feats, fought better foes and during his battle with Thanos said he wanted to kill him a few times, made reference to Thanos being a worth foe and it lasting page after page? No comparison at all.

3. I'm still waiting for the foes Zuras has fought that are greater or equal to Thanos that he's gotten the better off that make you give him the clear victory here.

KuRuPT Thanosi

I concur

illadelph12
I think if a character has Class 30-80 strength, and their opponent only weighs 500-5000lbs (2.5 tons), their opponent's ability to lift more weight (Class 100+) doesn't matter much because, logically, they'd still be strong enough to send their opponent's physical mass, which weighs far below their lifting limit, flying through the air, and likely cause physical harm.

Enyalus
Also, you have certain characters whose punching power is much greater than their strength class level. Emma Frost, for instance. Or Wolverine.

And that's really what its all about - how fast you can knock the other ***** out, not how much you can bench press.

Colossus-Big C
Zuras

KuRuPT Thanosi
Still Thanos

Nihilist
Still Thanos yup thumb up

beast1234
zuras win

guy222
zuras doesn't have many feats

best was his battle with zeus

thanos...he's dead

stick out tongue

KuRuPT Thanosi
How does Zuras win?

darthgoober
Thanos should take it. Stalemating Zeus for a bit alone isn't enough to justify a win against someone like the Mad Titan. Was the fight a really good showing for Zuras that warranted placement as a skyfather, or was it a really low moment for Zeus like when Thor stalemated him(for over a week if I'm not mistaken)?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by darthgoober
Thanos should take it. Stalemating Zeus for a bit alone isn't enough to justify a win against someone like the Mad Titan. Was the fight a really good showing for Zuras that warranted placement as a skyfather, or was it a really low moment for Zeus like when Thor stalemated him(for over a week if I'm not mistaken)?

The Zeus' stalemate is often taken out of context. Zeus was not fighting Thor, he was testing him. They fought for several weeks if I recall but it became evident that Thor was way out of his league.

Irregardless, stalemating Zeus for a short time is something Thanos could have done as well.

guy222
Like I said, he doesn't have many feats

It was a great showing for the Lead Eternal. He was weakened after the ritual of the Uni-Mind

I'm an Eternals fan, so Zuras wins for me

Everyone else can share there opinion

Guy222 has Zuras here

guy222
The Zeus' stalemate is often taken out of context. Zeus was not fighting Thor, he was testing him. They fought for several weeks if I recall but it became evident that Thor was way out of his league.

Irregardless, stalemating Zeus for a short time is something Thanos could have done as well.

Remember, good friend. At the time, they were all said to be equal

Odin, Zeus and Zuras

Could Thanos do. We don't know. Starlin writes it...I think we know that answer

Kris Blaze
Like I said, he doesn't have many feats

It was a great showing for the Lead Eternal. He was weakened after the ritual of the Uni-Mind

I'm an Eternals fan, so Zuras wins for me

Everyone else can share there opinion

Guy222 has Zuras here

Guy knows the Eternals better than most here.

7/10 for Zuras is my vote. Close, but still a bit clear.

guy222
Don't want Zuras to get short changed because its his best feat

KuRuPT Thanosi
Wait Wait.. what are you guys basing Zuras winning on again? From what I have read.. Zuras was clearly considered to be below Zeus and Odin. Humas mistook Zuras for the Olympians but that doesn't mean they were equal in power. I would like to see some proof of this my friend.

Nihilist
So what proof/feats are people judging that Zuras can beat Thanos?

lol @ guy saying if only Starlin writes it.

guy222
stick out tongue

good to see ya

guy222
Wait Wait.. what are you guys basing Zuras winning on again? From what I have read.. Zuras was clearly considered to be below Zeus and Odin. Humas mistook Zuras for the Olympians but that doesn't mean they were equal in power. I would like to see some proof of this my friend.

Hey good friend

Zuras was mistaken for Zeus, yet weakened was even with Zeus. Only thing we can go by

IMO, Zuras should've been included in The Council of God Heads

Add some laughter to the thread

Surely, Thanos fears Zuras huge eyebrows

stick out tongue

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
zuras physicaly weaker then the "bigshot" eternals right?
Thanos makes him his ***** & punches him to pulp huh?
zuras is considered the most powerful eternal..

Colossus-Big C
Hey good friend

Zuras was mistaken for Zeus, yet weakened was even with Zeus. Only thing we can go by

IMO, Zuras should've been included in The Council of God Heads

Add some laughter to the thread

Surely, Thanos fears Zuras huge eyebrows

stick out tongue
Zuras isnt a god....

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by darthgoober
Thanos should take it. Stalemating Zeus for a bit alone isn't enough to justify a win against someone like the Mad Titan. Was the fight a really good showing for Zuras that warranted placement as a skyfather, or was it a really low moment for Zeus like when Thor stalemated him(for over a week if I'm not mistaken)? i hate when people say this, zeus was "simply distracting" him from the war, while thor was trying his best to put zeus down. and even with zeus holding back he was smacking thor around.
also thor has gone toe to toe with odin on 2 occasions that i can post scans of.

smile

as for zuras, hes not on zeus level, in the scan and previuos one you see he is slowly getting blasted off his feet, zuras even told the other eternals that they are nothing but "flies" to zeus

thanos 8/10

Black bolt z
Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.