Team KMC vs DC Earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Grandmaster wakes up with a chip on his shoulder and decides to mess with DC Earth so he makes a bet with the Spectre. He abducts 7 members from the KMC vs Forum and sticks them into a machine that gives them the powers/abilities of some of their favorite characters from Marvel Earth(consider them amalgam complete in every way). He then gives them a challenge, the 7 of them have 3 years to completely conquer DC Earth(minus the Spectre since he's in on the bet) using whatever means are necessary. Can they do it?

Also, DC Earth is completely unaware of the invaders until they make their presence known.

Team KMC

darthgoober- Silver Surfer(Duh...)
Digimark007- Adam Warlock w/Soul Gem
Scoobless- Thor(classic)
Blair Wind- Iceman
Onedumbgo- Dr. Doom
batdude123- Magneto
Newjack- Juggernaut

Originally posted by darthgoober
Also to help offset the in depth knowledge of DC's heroes and such, the Grandmaster puts the equivalent of the "Mark of Cain" on the team that labels them as "villains" to any DC hero they encounter.

darthgoober
And for those members who're featured on the team, feel free to pitch potential strategies you'd suggest if you were actually in that situation.

Enyalus
**** you, Goob. uhuh

darthgoober
Originally posted by Enyalus
**** you, Goob. uhuh
I'd originally thought about calling it Team Fanboy and there's no one from Marvel that leaps to my mind in association with you. You'd totally be there if Majestic was Marvel though... stick out tongue

iceman24567
Grandmaster wakes up with a chip on his shoulder and decides to mess with DC Earth so he makes a bet with the Spectre. He abducts 7 members from the KMC vs Forum and sticks them into a machine that gives them the powers/abilities of some of their favorite characters from Marvel Earth(consider them amalgam complete in every way). He then gives them a challenge, the 7 of them have 3 years to completely conquer DC Earth(minus the Spectre since he's in on the bet) using whatever means are necessary. Can they do it?

Also, DC Earth is completely unaware of the invaders until they make their presence known.

Team KMC

Scoobless- Thor(classic)
Blair Wind- Iceman
Onedumbgo- Dr. Doom
batdude123- Magneto
Newjack- Juggernaut So we can use anybody except the Spectre?

Enyalus
I'd originally thought about calling it Team Fanboy and there's no one from Marvel that leaps to my mind in association with you. You'd totally be there if Majestic was Marvel though... stick out tongue
Genis, man, Genis. And Thanos. And Deadpool. big grin

Surfer could do this with three years prep. Adam could. Not sure about Thor, probably not. Dr. Doom would stomp this. Magneto would stomp this. Juggernaut....haha.

darthgoober
Originally posted by iceman24567
So we can use anybody except the Spectre?
Pretty much. As long as they're closely associated enough to DC Earth to come to their defense. If Mxy or someone like that happens to currently reside on Earth though(I'm unsure of all the stuff DC's doing right now) ignore them and just use the guys who're normally there.

guy222
Guy222 not on the team sad

iceman24567
I think Tiamut would be too much erm

Enyalus
Or LT. LOL

But wait, there's always Rulk...

darthgoober
Also to help offset the in depth knowledge of DC's heroes and such, the Grandmaster puts the equivalent of the "Mark of Cain" on the team that labels them as "villains" to any DC hero they encounter.

darthgoober
Originally posted by guy222
Guy222 not on the team sad
See below...

Or LT. LOL

But wait, there's always Rulk...

Raoul
**** you, Goob. uhuh

cosigned. sad

darthgoober
Genis, man, Genis. And Thanos. And Deadpool. big grin

Surfer could do this with three years prep. Adam could. Not sure about Thor, probably not. Dr. Doom would stomp this. Magneto would stomp this. Juggernaut....haha.

Don't blame me, you must not rep them enough stick out tongue .

We're not doing it individually, we're functioning as a team. But keep in mind that our prep's not guaranteed to be uninterrupted and all we have is our guys standard equipment when we get there. We'll probably have to steal any equipment we want and we'll be clashing with heroes once that kind of thing starts.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Raoul
cosigned. sad
I really would've included you(had you on the original list in fact), but I figured there'd be a lot of "WTF is Cyclops doing here..." stick out tongue .

occultdestroyer
How could you forget??

quanchi112- Thanos

Martian_mind
**** you, Goob. uhuh

TricksterPriest
**** you, Goob. uhuh

You dare to not put THE APOCALYPSE in?! apocalypse uhuh The storm shall reap the earth of it's champions and only the strong shall survive. evillaugh

psycho gundam

Team KMC

Scoobless- Thor(classic)
Blair Wind- Iceman
Onedumbgo- Dr. Doom
batdude123- Magneto
Newjack- Juggernaut i take it with the help of magneto doom can recreate his tech on dc earth right?

Bouboumaster
**** you, Goob. uhuh

Wei Phoenix
**** you, Goob. uhuh

How the hell did NJ beat me for the title of the Juggernaut?!

King Kandy
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
How could you forget??

quanchi112- Thanos

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
How the hell did NJ beat me for the title of the Juggernaut?!

He's been repping him alot longer than you have.

occultdestroyer
Mr. Master- Thanos/Beyonder amalgam.

DC Earth is screwed.

Kris Blaze
Scoobless on Thor, yet you don't even put Delph in.

Thread failed.

Sin I AM
I wouldve curbstomped DC.. Binary ftw

Raoul
I really would've included you(had you on the original list in fact), but I figured there'd be a lot of "WTF is Cyclops doing here..." stick out tongue .

and that's why people don't rate me on this forum. erm

it's funny, in a kind of sad way.

TricksterPriest
Oh come. Surely he reps SOMEONE besides Cyke.......hey I got it. The God-Emperor Of Mankind. THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!

Charmander
Batdude drags the whole team down

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
You dare to not put THE APOCALYPSE in?! apocalypse uhuh The storm shall reap the earth of it's champions and only the strong shall survive. evillaugh

I don't think Goob wants Apocalypse squealing any of their prep plans to DC Earth.

TricksterPriest
Die ****er. durbeware No one insults THE APOCALYPSE! durfist

Badabing
Originally posted by Charmander
Batdude drags the whole team down laughing out loudOriginally posted by TricksterPriest
Die ****er. durbeware No one insults THE APOCALYPSE! durfist Uh oh....durblink

darthgoober
Look guys, I meant no offense(except in Trick's case stick out tongue ) by omitting you from the lineup. As I already pointed out, I'd originally planned on calling it "Team Fanboy" so I picked people that I was fairly certain wouldn't be offended by the reference. I decided not to go with that name because I knew it would turn into a major Bash Fest asking about members who're regarded as fanboys in a serious(and negative) tone and the thread would get closed because of it, but I already had a roster when I changed the name so I went with it.

Now all of you stop your whining and say how you think Team KMC would do against DC Earth mad ... stick out tongue

ExodusCloak

Now all of you stop your whining and say how you think Team KMC would do against DC Earth mad ... stick out tongue

With all the comic knowledge on these boards that the team must have picked over the years, plus 3 years of prep I'm sure the team can travel into any comic book universe steal a bunch of tech and come up with something to BFR DC Earth without any confrontation. They then go on to beat the Grandmaster to an inch of his life.

darthgoober
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
With all the comic knowledge on these boards that the team must have picked over the years, plus 3 years of prep I'm sure the team can travel into any comic book universe steal a bunch of tech and come up with something to BFR DC Earth without any confrontation. They then go on to beat the Grandmaster to an inch of his life.
No traveling to other universes and keep in mind...

Don't blame me, you must not rep them enough stick out tongue .

We're not doing it individually, we're functioning as a team. But keep in mind that our prep's not guaranteed to be uninterrupted and all we have is our guys standard equipment when we get there. We'll probably have to steal any equipment we want and we'll be clashing with heroes once that kind of thing starts.

Konton
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I wouldve curbstomped DC.. Binary ftw

stick out tongue
Binary would get stomped.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Konton
stick out tongue
Binary would get stomped.

is that a challenge milli moi? Carol Danvers ftw!

Enyalus
Skin tight black leather FTW.

psycho gundam
goob solos

shifty

Philosophía
I'd like this to happen soley to see darthgoober get speedblitzed by Superman.

And to take pictures of Batdude touching himself aswell.

Badabing
Battlehammer = Full potential Wolverine

Jinzin = Full Potential Creed

Phantom Zone = Full Potential Punisher

Bada = Full Potential Batman or Hulk

We would stomp.

psycho gundam

Enyalus
Originally posted by Badabing
Battlehammer = Full potential Wolverine

We would stomp.
I think The Wrecker said it best:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Wrecker_Wolvie1.jpg

darthgoober

Naija boy

Team KMC

Pffft. I challenge u for the position of silver surfer. stick out tongue While u have been repping him longer on these boards, I have a shiny surfer sig and u DO NOT. Clearly i shud be in that position.uhuh

Raoul
I've been here longer than both of you... sad

darthgoober
Originally posted by Naija boy
Pffft. I challenge u for the position of silver surfer. stick out tongue While u have been repping him longer on these boards, I have a shiny surfer sig and u DO NOT. Clearly i shud be in that position.uhuh
S'up now....

darthgoober
I've been here longer than both of you... sad
If you're that heartbroken about it, feel free to edit yourself onto the roster laughing

Raoul
If you're that heartbroken about it, feel free to edit yourself onto the roster laughing

and take your position as silver surfer? why, how generous of you...

darthgoober
and take your position as silver surfer? why, how generous of you...
Huh? I meant Cyk, Surfer's mine...

Raoul
Huh? I meant Cyk, Surfer's mine...

cyclops has no business in this thread, hence i default back to my highest powered marvel favourite. Norrin.

darthgoober
cyclops has no business in this thread, hence i default back to my highest powered marvel favourite. Norrin.
See he's your "fallback" character, that's why you didn't qualify as enough of a fanboy to get him...

Raoul
See he's your "fallback" character, that's why you didn't qualify as enough of a fanboy to get him...

yeah yeah... uhuh

Naija boy
S'up now....

Ehem..

My sig is clearly shinier.plus that is the keeper so urs doesnt count.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Naija boy
Ehem..

My sig is clearly shinier.plus that is the keeper so urs doesnt count.
Excuses, excuses... you're previous user name is ultimatethor... you're therefore disqualified big grin .

Naija boy
Excuses, excuses... you're previous user name is ultimatethor... you're therefore disqualified big grin .

Curses mad

Blair Wind
Can you guys stop complaining about the roster and how you guys are not in it and actually come up with a plan? Next time Darth does a plan like this, I'm sure he will consider you guys, you are all worthy of being on the list, but he forgot this time, it happens, he is only human.

I'm going to go think for a bit about how we could proceed, but I have a general plan in my head already. Ill write it when I have it fully fleshed out

Here is the team again:

Scoobless- Thor(classic)
Blair Wind- Iceman
Onedumbgo- Dr. Doom
batdude123- Magneto
Newjack- Juggernaut

Raoul
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Can you guys stop complaining about the roster and how you guys are not in it and actually come up with a plan? Next time Darth does a plan like this, I'm sure he will consider you guys, you are all worthy of being on the list, but he forgot this time, it happens, he is only human.

we were kidding. stick out tongue

Konton
Originally posted by Sin I AM
is that a challenge milli moi? Carol Danvers ftw!

Superman would solo.
ahaha

batdude123

Raoul
Originally posted by batdude123
You want to take pictures of me touching myself? ermm

What a sick f*ck...

Please. We all know you'd even provide the camera.

batdude123
Please. We all know you'd even provide the camera.

ha-som

Raoul
ha-som

laughing out loud

Team KMC Marvel Vs Team KMC DC would exploderise the forum.

batdude123
If that were a thread, I'd have to switch sides.

Digi
I'd like to point out that I'd slowly pick off any and every DC character that would be susceptible to a soul suck. It would certainly dwindle their numbers a lot. I'd stay the hell away from the Big 3, though. Their jobber auras would undoubtedly prevent a soul suck. GL's too. Most of the others would be fair game, however.

You dare to not put THE APOCALYPSE in?! apocalypse uhuh evillaugh

It was only useful characters.

Raoul
If that were a thread, I'd have to switch sides.

actually... idea!

might work as a tourney...

batdude123
Originally posted by Digi
I'd like to point out that I'd slowly pick off any and every DC character that would be susceptible to a soul suck. It would certainly dwindle their numbers a lot. I'd stay the hell away from the Big 3, though. Their jobber auras would undoubtedly prevent a soul suck. GL's too. Most of the others would be fair game, however.

That would arouse suspicion. Might blow our cover. Heroes mysteriously dying by having their souls sucked out of them. Slippery slope there, Adam. uhuh

Digi
That would arouse suspicion. Might blow our cover. Heroes mysteriously dying by having their souls sucked out of them. Slippery slope there, Adam. uhuh

Our plan will be revealed eventually. Might as well make them as weak as possible before we have to go toe-to-toe with a lot of them. I'm guessing we could eliminate the entire Outsiders and half the JSA before anyone so much as shrugged.

wink

Besides, it'll be plenty of time for Batdude/Goober and Onedumbgo to whip up most of Doom's tech.

Oh, also, karmic blasts = GL's kryptonite. I'd solo the freaking Corps.

Blair Wind
Our plan will be revealed eventually. Might as well make them as weak as possible before we have to go toe-to-toe with a lot of them. I'm guessing we could eliminate the entire Outsiders and half the JSA before anyone so much as shrugged.

wink

Besides, it'll be plenty of time for Batdude/Goober and Onedumbgo to whip up most of Doom's tech.

I have a better plan for making them as weak as possible before we go toe-to-toe with them - and without them all noticing people dying. I mean we have three years to prepare, we dont need to go announcing ourselves before we want to. I'm talking with Darth about a full plan though (not just that part), so we can post it here for you guys to nitpick at.

Common Digi, think art of war! stick out tongue

Enyalus
Common Digi, think art of war! stick out tongue
Okay. He's going to use spies and double agents, spread misinformation, use the high ground and place himself against a place he can't escape from, then have everyone else attack wherever DC's reserves haven't been committed to?

Blair Wind
Okay. He's going to use spies and double agents, spread misinformation, use the high ground and place himself against a place he can't escape from, then have everyone else attack wherever DC's reserves haven't been committed to?

Sure why not. Not really what I meant. It was more reference the fact that in a tourny past we both used quotes from it to support our cause. I know Digi can do better at strategy than what he stated above.

batdude123

wink

Oh, also, karmic blasts = GL's kryptonite. I'd solo the freaking Corps.

The possibility of compromising our plans is too great. Like Blair said, we'd have plenty of time to plan and prepare in the 3 years given. No need to make ourselves known before we absolutely have to.

TricksterPriest
actually... idea!

This actually sounds quite awesome. thumb up

darthgoober
laughing out loud

Team KMC Marvel Vs Team KMC DC would exploderise the forum.
actually... idea!

A actually suggested to ill that he host that very tourney a while back. He said it was a cool idea, but I don't know if he's making any plans to actually do it...

Raoul
A actually suggested to ill that he host that very tourney a while back. He said it was a cool idea, but I don't know if he's making any plans to actually do it...

no expression

uhuh

idea stealer!

if he doesn't, i might think about setting it up...

darthgoober
no expression

uhuh

idea stealer!

if he doesn't, i might think about setting it up... '
You might ask him if you're interested(if nothing else he'd probably like help). If you end up hosting it yourself I've come up with a couple of different ways to pull it off if you're open to suggestion...

Newjak
The key to this victory lies in Newjak-Juggernaut.

In all actuality though we as a team are sitting on some major power sources of the highest order in

Surfer- Power Cosmic
Thor-Godly Energy
Juggernaut-Crimson Cosmos Magic
Adam-Soul Gem

Especially when combined with our knowledge of comic book characters. We have an extremely unfair advantage over DC Earth in that regards cause we would know where to hit them and hit them hard.

Then we have Dr. Doom who is a master at manipulating energy sources and stealing them for his own purpose.

In three years we could really mess up DC Earth.

Plus with all out combined comic book knowledge we could really mess up DC Earth by knowing where to hit them the hardest.

darthgoober
One idea that would save us a lot of trouble is to "leak" the identities of some of Earth's big heroes like Supes and Batman early on in the game. There's always the chance that one of the heroes villains will do our work for us, or at the very least make sure they're exhausted when we make ourselves known...

Blair Wind
One idea that would save us a lot of trouble is to "leak" the identities of some of Earth's big heroes like Supes and Batman early on in the game. There's always the chance that one of the heroes villains will do our work for us, or at the very least make sure they're exhausted when we make ourselves known...

I like this idea. However, you have to be very careful of you leak the information, it could trace back to us if not done properly

TricksterPriest
That might backfire very badly. You leak Batman's identity, then you have to deal with joker. He'll take it as a personal affront. And once Joker becomes your problem, your secrecy is shot. Assuming he doesn't take you all out, he'll screw your plans so badly, that someone more powerful will finish the job.

Hell, you'll have Supes and Bats both hunting you down for leaking their identities. I really think there are better ways to do this other than getting every superhero in the community rallied against an unknown threat.

batdude123

Why would they believe us? Both Batman and Superman have gone through extensive measures in order to conceal their identities. Both of their rogue galleries have tried over and over again to expose them.

If I went up to Joker and said "Hey Joker, Batman is Bruce Wayne," why should he believe that I am telling the truth? The Joker doesn't know Magneto, or any of us for that matter. What makes us a credible source for revealing secret identities in the criminals' minds? We'd need proof, and it's not like that would be easy. Again, we'd be risking exposure.

Newjak
I like this idea. However, you have to be very careful of you leak the information, it could trace back to us if not done properly Well a public library, a good widely known communications web page, and there ya go we have it out in the public domain.

batdude123
Originally posted by Newjak
Well a public library, a good widely known communications web page, and there ya go we have it out in the public domain.

Yes, because if we told them Batman and Superman's secret identities over some kind of web blog, that would totally be believable.

Blair Wind
If anyone in the team wants to discuss a point of strategy they would like to see employed for their character, PM me. Darth and I are going to write an "executive strategy", but is mostly us two coming up with the plan. I'd like to hear other strategies/thoughts as well. Flex that creative muscle people!

I also have to agree with Batdude. I was thinking more about tracing problems, but we also have no credability.

Starscream M
We'd need proof, and it's not like that would be easy.

you guys could, you know, just post a poster of clark and superman face side by side...and then have an edited photo of clark without his glasses and geekdo and print on the poster "do you know any two people who look EXACTLY alike who are not twins...yeah neither do I. Now put 2 + 2 together and figure out one of the dumbest secrets in all of comicdom...that Clark Kent IS superman"

Starscream M
If anyone in the team wants to discuss a point of strategy they would like to see employed for their character, PM me. Darth and I are going to write an "executive strategy", but is mostly us two coming up with the plan. I'd like to hear other strategies/thoughts as well. Flex that creative muscle people! You guys should allow a villain KMC team to be created as well then. As it stands, you will obviously crush your opponents since they have no say on what they will or will not do.

batdude123
Originally posted by Starscream M
you guys could, you know, just post a poster of clark and superman face side by side...and then have an edited photo of clark without his glasses and geekdo and print on the poster "do you know any two people who look EXACTLY alike who are not twins...yeah neither do I. Now put 2 + 2 together and figure out one of the dumbest secrets in all of comicdom...that Clark Kent IS superman"

If people haven't figured out that Clark is Superman by now, they never will.

Comic Earth citizens are retards when it comes to uncovering secret identities.

Newjak
Yes, because if we told them Batman and Superman's secret identities over some kind of web blog, that would totally be believable. It would get it out there. And we know how rumors tend to fly over the internet.

It gets the information out there without revealing us. It also gets it to Villians who may or may not follow up on it. I'm sure some of them would be desperate enough to try.

darthgoober
Why would they believe us? Both Batman and Superman have gone through extensive measures in order to conceal their identities. Both of their rogue galleries have tried over and over again to expose them.

If I went up to Joker and said "Hey Joker, Batman is Bruce Wayne," why should he believe that I am telling the truth? The Joker doesn't know Magneto, or any of us for that matter. What makes us a credible source for revealing secret identities in the criminals' minds? We'd need proof, and it's not like that would be easy. Again, we'd be risking exposure.
They'll believe us because we know damn near EVERYTHING. We've been reading all these people's thought bubbles for years, we know them like virtually no one else on their planet. If we tell someone everything about Bats or Supes and they don't believe us we can gain credit by telling the villain everything about THEM. As Blair said it would have to be handled extremely carefully, but I could totally see it working...

batdude123
Originally posted by Newjak
It would get it out there. And we know how rumors tend to fly over the internet.

It gets the information out there without revealing us. It also gets it to Villians who may or may not follow up on it. I'm sure some of them would be desperate enough to try.

There have been so many rumors/theories on who Batman and Superman really are. Nobody is going to take a web blog seriously. Especially when no proof is given.

Kris Blaze
Batdude solos his own team and then takes out DC earth.

Starscream M

Comic Earth citizens are retards when it comes to uncovering secret identities. you're right that the earth citizens would be retards and wouldn't buy it

but you'd think some of the smarter villains may take the cue and try to verify it...which they should be able to

Newjak
There have been so many rumors/theories on who Batman and Superman really are. Nobody is going to take a web blog seriously. Especially when no proof is given. It would if we happened to leak some certain villain secrets as well. Not enough to give them away but enough to let them know we know what we are talking about.

Of course we can always do the reverse. We can use the heroes to clean up the villians because anonymous tips are often followed up by heroes just in case. Which isn't a bad idea considering villains are just as much a challenge to our plans as the heroes.

Starscream M
btw, who are you guys most concerned about?

------------

and couldn't you take the Trojan horse approach...enter DC as its new heroes. make good with the JL. then once you have cred, start 'innocently' spilling top secrets here and there. the villains will have to believe you by then. and once the pandora's box is opened, you guys can work your magic.

batdude123
They'll believe us because we know damn near EVERYTHING. We've been reading all these people's thought bubbles for years, we know them like virtually no one else on their planet. If we tell someone everything about Bats or Supes and they don't believe us we can gain credit by telling the villain everything about THEM. As Blair said it would have to be handled extremely carefully, but I could totally see it working...

That would start a whole separate set of issues right there. If we tell them everything we know about them, chances are they'll get hostile towards us and start a confrontation. Thus, blowing our cover. They probably wouldn't be interested in dealing with people who know every intimate detail of their lives and could use those details to sabotage them.

Enyalus
The 'new heroes' approach has worked before. smile

White Martians.

TricksterPriest
And as I said, what makes you think they won't kill you or try to take you out for butting in? Or they might start wondering who the new player is and investigate. Any kind of upfront dealing with the superhero or supervillain community is disastrous for your plans.

You want a better way, steal one of Darkseid's plans. Operation: Humiliation. DS sent Glorious Godfrey to earth disguised as a talk-show host advocating civil rights and self-empowerment. By systematically setting up superheroes with no-win scenarios, (a robotic body set up as a real person, so when the person fell a building, the heroes believed the robot was dead, or having Brimstone blow up and kill heroes and civilians in a nuclear disaster.) Godfrey used the public fervor (and some mind control/persuasion powers) to rally the people into a lynch mob against superheroes, claiming that they were thwarting humanity's development as a species and stiffling their self-determination. The mob violence and fervor got so bad, that President Reagan drafted an executive order declaring martial law and outlawing superheroes. Similar to what happened in Watchmen, except it was a prelude to a mindcontrolled army of people marching on washington and then the world.

Of course, the superheroes figured out what was going on and Robin, who was critically injured by one of the mobs, stood against Godfrey with a human wall made of kids. Godfrey stupidly lashed out at one of the kids, breaking the mindcontrol spell he had the people under. Godfrey was finally beaten when he swiped the Helmet of Nabu from Dr. Fate. Nabu fried his mind in retaliation.

Incidently, Godfrey eventually recovered, and was later doing his schtick again in FC as Reverend Goode. stick out tongue

This plan has vast potential if done right. If the public doesn't want superheroes, the heroes will step aside of their own accord. That was the goal of Darkseid's plan: to destroy the concept and legend of the superhero.

batdude123
and couldn't you take the Trojan horse approach...enter DC as its new heroes. make good with the JL. then once you have cred, start 'innocently' spilling top secrets here and there. the villains will have to believe you by then. and once the pandora's box is opened, you guys can work your magic.

That's a better idea than just randomly blurting shit out over the internet.

Starscream M
the thing is you gotta work each villain and hero differently to maximize success

for a guy like the joker, if you tell him who batman is, he'll friggin gut you for ruining his challenge and outshining him

also, its more important to focus on the brains rather than the brawn...so batman will be a far bigger threat to you guys than say, superman would be

Blair Wind

Green Lanterns.

batdude123
Green Lanterns.

There are more powerful heroes/villains on the planet than Green Lanterns. Besides, at any given moment there are really only 2-3 Lanterns on Earth.

Starscream M
btw, i doubt you'd have 3 years to plan...batman will have you guys figured out way earlier than that

Enyalus
Magdude/Batneto would solo the GLC and their metal rings.

batdude123
btw, i doubt you'd have 3 years to plan...batman will have you guys figured out way earlier than that

Three years is indeed a long time to go unnoticed. Especially when the scale of our motive is considered.

batdude123
Magdude/Batneto would solo the GLC and their metal rings.

Exactly.

Starscream M
My ranking of the team in terms of usefulness:

1. darthgoober- Silver Surfer(Duh...)
2. Digimark007- Adam Warlock w/Soul Gem
3. Scoobless- Thor(classic)
4. batdude123- Magneto
5. Blair Wind- Iceman
6. Onedumbgo- Dr. Doom
7. Newjack- Juggernaut

Starscream M
I actually can't see how juggernaut would benefit your team at all.

Kris Blaze

4. batdude123- Magneto
5. Blair Wind- Iceman
6. Onedumbgo- Dr. Doom
7. Newjack- Juggernaut

facepalm

darthgoober

------------

Won't work, Grandmaster's given us the comicbook equivalent to "the Mark of Cain" that alerts the heroes to our being villains.

That would start a whole separate set of issues right there. If we tell them everything we know about them, chances are they'll get hostile towards us and start a confrontation. Thus, blowing our cover. They probably wouldn't be interested in dealing with people who know every intimate detail of their lives and could use those details to sabotage them.
Have you seen our lineup? If they get hostile we'll bury them in the backyard and find someone more cooperative. Between all of us, I'm sure that one of us could think of a good target to coerce. Or use mind control(between Surfer, Doom, and Magneto I guarantee it's possible) and do our work via villain proxy.

darthgoober
There are more powerful heroes/villains on the planet than Green Lanterns. Besides, at any given moment there are really only 2-3 Lanterns on Earth.
Yeah but once we make ourselves known, there's always the chance that one of the Earth bound GL's will send a distress call to the rest(depending on how big a threat we seem).

Blair Wind

4. batdude123- Magneto
5. Blair Wind- Iceman
6. Onedumbgo- Dr. Doom
7. Newjack- Juggernaut

Did you factor in the character controlling the powers?

Starscream M
Yeah but once we make ourselves known, there's always the chance that one of the Earth bound GL's will send a distress call to the rest(depending on how big a threat we seem). assuming you guys are successful...that means at some point a distress call will be sent

unless you're able to eliminate all threats in a very short span of time

Starscream M
Did you factor in the character controlling the powers? no...I didn't factor in the KMC people

just a superficial ranking of their powersets...I'm sure I'll be surprised by how some of you will use your powers

batdude123
Have you seen our lineup? If they get hostile we'll bury them in the backyard and find someone more cooperative. Between all of us, I'm sure that one of us could think of a good target to coerce. Or use mind control(between Surfer, Doom, and Magneto I guarantee it's possible) and do our work via villain proxy.

Again, why get involved before it's absolutely necessary? 3 years is a LONG time. Risking exposure before the time is absolutely necessary is dangerous.

Villains have as much to lose from this situation as heroes do.

And if we start mind controlling bitches to start doing what we want them to do, it'll mean that the person won't be acting in character. ANY suspicion of something out of the ordinary is bad. I don't care if they don't know it's us right away, but it's like playing with matches in front of a gasoline container. If we're trying to stay hidden for 3 years, starting shady shit isn't the smartest idea.

When we unveil a battle plan upon DC Earth, I'd want it to come as total and utter SURPRISE. Feel me?

jinzin
I think The Wrecker said it best:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Wrecker_Wolvie1.jpg

Oh yeah, he did say that.. back when his mouth was comprised of only 2 lips.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/973/wolvie74oroborosdcp021.jpg

Enyalus
Feel me?
I think Goober would like that.
In my defense, I look really good in my heels...

Jinzin: Nice comeback, lol.

batdude123

4. batdude123- Magneto
5. Blair Wind- Iceman
6. Onedumbgo- Dr. Doom
7. Newjack- Juggernaut

In terms of usefulness for this invasion/battle strategy? Imo, it'd go like this...

1. Silver Surfer
2. Dr. Doom
3. Magneto
4. Iceman
5. Thor
6. Warlock
7. Juggernaut

Being the most powerful doesn't mean being the most useful for this scenario.

Enyalus
Why is Warlock so low in intelligence/battle strategy? Because Digi's controlling him?

wink

Kris Blaze
In terms of usefulness for this invasion/battle strategy? Imo, it'd go like this...

1. Silver Surfer
2. Dr. Doom
3. Magneto
4. Iceman
5. Thor
6. Warlock
7. Juggernaut

Being the most powerful doesn't mean being the most useful for this scenario.

I just fail to see how Iceman could be more useful than Thor or Adam.

Starscream M

1. Silver Surfer
2. Dr. Doom
3. Magneto
4. Iceman
5. Thor
6. Warlock
7. Juggernaut

Being the most powerful doesn't mean being the most useful for this scenario. Im a little confused with how you controlling Dr. Doom works

you get his knowledge of course...but isn't it onedumbgo strategizing?

TricksterPriest
Goob, you start offing or mindcontrolling villains, you're bound to raise suspicions. If say, Blockbuster started robbing physics labs, people are going to know something weird is going on. You'd have to have them act normally so no one would notice they were under your control. And you really think you can control them or their proxies enough for someone not to see something is up, even if it's just other villains?

And as I said, what makes you think they won't kill you or try to take you out for butting in? Or they might start wondering who the new player is and investigate. Any kind of upfront dealing with the superhero or supervillain community is disastrous for your plans.

You want a better way, steal one of Darkseid's plans. Operation: Humiliation. DS sent Glorious Godfrey to earth disguised as a talk-show host advocating civil rights and self-empowerment. By systematically setting up superheroes with no-win scenarios, (a robotic body set up as a real person, so when the person fell a building, the heroes believed the robot was dead, or having Brimstone blow up and kill heroes and civilians in a nuclear disaster.) Godfrey used the public fervor (and some mind control/persuasion powers) to rally the people into a lynch mob against superheroes, claiming that they were thwarting humanity's development as a species and stiffling their self-determination. The mob violence and fervor got so bad, that President Reagan drafted an executive order declaring martial law and outlawing superheroes. Similar to what happened in Watchmen, except it was a prelude to a mindcontrolled army of people marching on washington and then the world.

Of course, the superheroes figured out what was going on and Robin, who was critically injured by one of the mobs, stood against Godfrey with a human wall made of kids. Godfrey stupidly lashed out at one of the kids, breaking the mindcontrol spell he had the people under. Godfrey was finally beaten when he swiped the Helmet of Nabu from Dr. Fate. Nabu fried his mind in retaliation.

Incidently, Godfrey eventually recovered, and was later doing his schtick again in FC as Reverend Goode. stick out tongue

This plan has vast potential if done right. If the public doesn't want superheroes, the heroes will step aside of their own accord. That was the goal of Darkseid's plan: to destroy the concept and legend of the superhero.

As a corollary to the above, I should mention "The Sound of Drums" from season 3 of the new Dr. Who. The Master used a psychic signal across a satellite network to send a sublimininal and coded idea into people's minds. Nothing much, just a drumbeat. But that beat was designed to make people trust Harold Saxon (The Master's civilian identity at the time) and vote for him as Prime Minister. (Later hijacked by The Doctor to rejuvenate himself and absorb psychic energy from the entire planet.) A signal like that could be used to set up the above plan. Digi can verify this.

Anyone else think this idea can work?

Also, this mark of cain, what is it? Just the knowledge of us being villains? a physical mark, an energy? Can we go out in disguise, ala holograms, or just a wig? What level of disguise will work? Or we going to known as villains if anyone sees us no matter the circumstances? Or just sees us period?

batdude123
Why is Warlock so low in intelligence/battle strategy? Because Digi's controlling him?

wink

Bingo

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I just fail to see how Iceman could be more useful than Thor or Adam.

It has to do with the fact that Iceman can cause worldwide devastation without his presence being known.

Not saying he'd beat either Thor or Adam in power though.

Im a little confused with how you controlling Dr. Doom works

you get his knowledge of course...but isn't it onedumbgo strategizing?

This is a theoretical strategy, and if used correctly, imo Doom should be this high.

darthgoober
Again, why get involved before it's absolutely necessary? 3 years is a LONG time. Risking exposure before the time is absolutely necessary is dangerous.

Villains have as much to lose from this situation as heroes do.

And if we start mind controlling bitches to start doing what we want them to do, it'll mean that the person won't be acting in character. ANY suspicion of something out of the ordinary is bad. I don't care if they don't know it's us right away, but it's like playing with matches in front of a gasoline container. If we're trying to stay hidden for 3 years, starting shady shit isn't the smartest idea.

When we unveil a battle plan upon DC Earth, I'd want it to come as total and utter SURPRISE. Feel me?
I don't think we should stay hidden for anywhere near 3 years. 3 Years isn't how long we have to prep, it's the total allotted time we're allowed. If we aim for one massive all out assault it's going to rally the entire planet against us and that's a LOT of superbeings to deal with. Mind control is definitely risky but again, we know these guys better than they know themselves so it's not likely we'll fall out of character. And once the chaos has started, our proxy "disappears"(throwing suspicion upon the heroes themselves) and the only contact to us is out of the way. It's not a plan I think we HAVE to use to any great effect, but it's one of those things that we should be able to pull off. Besides, for every hero like Supes or Bat's that have a truckload of contingency plans to keep their identity hidden, there's 10 more who are out there just winging it and praying that their identities not discovered.

I was actually thinking that maybe we should make ourselves known as some C-list villains a year or so into it and play down our actual levels of power(maybe throw a couple of fights to the Teen Titans and such and beat a hasty retreat). Then when we're ready to make our big move we'll set up for the JLA will fly right up to us expecting to take us out with a fair degree of ease and we'll shock the world by utterly dominating them and spring the stuff we have set up while the World's still in shock from seeing a silver surfboard rammed up Supes's ass big grin .

psycho gundam
which one of you guys gets to off superman? shifty

batdude123
I don't think we should stay hidden for anywhere near 3 years. 3 Years isn't how long we have to prep, it's the total allotted time we're allowed. If we aim for one massive all out assault it's going to rally the entire planet against us and that's a LOT of superbeings to deal with. Mind control is definitely risky but again, we know these guys better than they know themselves so it's not likely we'll fall out of character. And once the chaos has started, our proxy "disappears"(throwing suspicion upon the heroes themselves) and the only contact to us is out of the way. It's not a plan I think we HAVE to use to any great effect, but it's one of those things that we should be able to pull off. Besides, for every hero like Supes or Bat's that have a truckload of contingency plans to keep their identity hidden, there's 10 more who are out there just winging it and praying that their identities not discovered.

I was actually thinking that maybe we should make ourselves known as some C-list villains a year or so into it and play down our actual levels of power(maybe throw a couple of fights to the Teen Titans and such and beat a hasty retreat). Then when we're ready to make our big move we'll set up for the JLA will fly right up to us expecting to take us out with a fair degree of ease and we'll shock the world by utterly dominating them and spring the stuff we have set up while the World's still in shock from seeing a silver surfboard rammed up Supes's ass big grin .

No, we don't know those guys better than they know themselves. And I'm not suggesting an all out assault. I'm simply suggesting the idea that we don't have to attack before we even have a plan.

And I look Bruce's idea better. Coming in as heroes would be better.

Starscream M
it might also be a good idea to separate your team into 2 teams, with one team serving as contingency or with one team playing with the good guys and one team playing with the bad guys...basically pulling the strings of both the heroes and villains as your puppets (dr. doom will obviously have to come up with the logistical details to make it work)

you don't want option A to be the only option..and you guys know how resilient the good guys are...one wave prob ain't gonna cut it.

darthgoober
No, we don't know those guys better than they know themselves. And I'm not suggesting an all out assault. I'm simply suggesting the idea that we don't have to attack before we even have a plan.

And I look Bruce's idea better. Coming in as heroes would be better.
We can't do that because of the Grandmaster's mark...

psycho gundam
I look Bruce's idea better. Coming in as heroes would be better. that was my idea from the wwh vs dc earth thread.

rolleyes1

Starscream M
honestly, my number one priority would be killing off batman...you just know that f$%ker will ruin your grand scheme somehow if he is alive

darthgoober
honestly, my number one priority would be killing off batman...you just know that f$%ker will ruin your grand scheme somehow if he is alive
I'd definitely want to put him in the first targets we hit when we break out, but I think it'd be a bad idea to off any A-lister's before we're ready to make a serious move. Characters in comics have a tendency to come back to life, and if we kill Bat's the first day someone's going to resurrect him a key moment later on.

psycho gundam
collapse the sun into a black hole.

Starscream M
Originally posted by psycho gundam
collapse the sun into a black hole. conquer...not destroy

darthgoober
Originally posted by psycho gundam
collapse the sun into a black hole.
That would destroy the solar system and we'd have failed to actually conquer the planet. But now that I think about it, it'd go along way towards minimizing the threat from all the characters wearing an S-Shield to turn it red...

TricksterPriest
I'd definitely want to put him in the first targets we hit when we break out, but I think it'd be a bad idea to off any A-lister's before we're ready to make a serious move. Characters in comics have a tendency to come back to life, and if we kill Bat's the first day someone's going to resurrect him a key moment later on.

if you actually did get him, you'd have to deal with Joker next. Joker would take whoever killed Batman to hell.

Also, Goober, do you actually think you can use Surfer's powers without his experience to take down Superman? What the f**k?

Also from my last post: "Anyone else think this idea can work?

Also, this mark of cain, what is it? Just the knowledge of us being villains? a physical mark, an energy? Can we go out in disguise, ala holograms, or just a wig? What level of disguise will work? Or we going to known as villains if anyone sees us no matter the circumstances? Or just sees us period?"

Starscream M
But now that I think about it, it'd go along way towards minimizing the threat from all the characters wearing an S-Shield to turn it red... Im sure turning the sun red would have devastating consequences for planet earth as well

TricksterPriest
Turn the sun red? Jesus christ.......are you trying to lose? What the f**k? Doing something that direct would easily alert EVERYONE. Even doing as part of your assault plan is liable to alert everyone in the solar system that something is wrong.

batdude123
That would destroy the solar system and we'd have failed to actually conquer the planet. But now that I think about it, it'd go along way towards minimizing the threat from all the characters wearing an S-Shield to turn it red...

Turning the sun red would effectively wipe out all existence on Earth.

darthgoober
if you actually did get him, you'd have to deal with Joker next. Joker would take whoever killed Batman to hell.

Also, Goober, do you actually think you can use Surfer's powers without his experience to take down Superman? What the f**k?

Also from my last post: "Anyone else think this idea can work?

Also, this mark of cain, what is it? Just the knowledge of us being villains? a physical mark, an energy? Can we go out in disguise, ala holograms, or just a wig? What level of disguise will work? Or we going to known as villains if anyone sees us no matter the circumstances? Or just sees us period?"
If I had Surfer's powers for a year or so... yeah, I'd tear Supes's ass up. Norrin may hold back but I have no problem sending my board strait at Supes's head at about 1,000x lightspeed...

The "Mark" isn't any kind of real factor, I just added it when I realized people would probably pitch our joining the JLA. Assume that there's no way to hide it face to face, but it's not useful for anything but distinguishing us as villains to the heroes.

Enyalus
Not in a comic. It's been done before lol.

Superman in the 31st Century. Action Comics.

Starscream M
btw, as a logistical question...where the hell are you guys staying for 3 years?

darthgoober
Im sure turning the sun red would have devastating consequences for planet earth as well
Turn the sun red? Jesus christ.......are you trying to lose? What the f**k? Doing something that direct would easily alert EVERYONE. Even doing as part of your assault plan is liable to alert everyone in the solar system that something is wrong.
We have Doom on the team. He could figure out a way to pull it off with Surfer's cooperation.

Starscream M
We have Doom on the team. He could figure out a way to pull it off with Surfer's cooperation. its not a matter of surfer not cooperating...its a matter of failing the requirement

you can't conquer a desolate planet.

TricksterPriest
"
If I had Surfer's powers for a year or so... yeah, I'd tear Supes's ass up. Norrin may hold back but I have no problem sending my board strait at Supes's head at about 1,000x lightspeed..."

I call absolute bullshit on this statement. You think a year with Surfer's powers is going to let you beat Superman, who has had decades and probably centuries counting the time travel, of experience and fighting? You think you can understand how to use all your powers that well in a year? My god, you're conceited.

darthgoober
btw, as a logistical question...where the hell are you guys staying for 3 years?
IDK, where ever we decide to set up shop I guess. We could take over some B-lister's base or build our own.

TricksterPriest
IDK, where ever we decide to set up shop I guess. We could take over some B-lister's base or build our own.

Take over an abandoned base, ok. But kick someone out or eliminate them? That's a sure-fire way to lose. The name of the game is stealth. Taking over a base from an active supervillain is NOT STEALTHY. That's a shit-storm waiting to happen.

Starscream M
" My god, you're conceited. I have faith that a goober-controlled surfer would own superman

darthgoober
its not a matter of surfer not cooperating...its a matter of failing the requirement

you can't conquer a desolate planet.
I meant that Surfer and Doom cooperating could pull it off without destroying the planet.

"
If I had Surfer's powers for a year or so... yeah, I'd tear Supes's ass up. Norrin may hold back but I have no problem sending my board strait at Supes's head at about 1,000x lightspeed..."

I call absolute bullshit on this statement. You think a year with Surfer's powers is going to let you beat Superman, who has had decades and probably centuries counting the time travel, of experience and fighting? You think you can understand how to use all your powers that well in a year? My god, you're conceited.
Can you think of a single thing that suggest that Supes wouldn't be KO'd by Surfer's board nailing him in the head at 1000x lightspeed? Especially if it was charged with red solar energy or K-nite...

batdude123
We have Doom on the team. He could figure out a way to pull it off with Surfer's cooperation.

You are a callous fool, Norrin. Not only do you not see the folly of your own pitiful plan, but your bravado has turned me against you. So you shall heed the words of Magneto. uhuh

darthgoober
Take over an abandoned base, ok. But kick someone out or eliminate them? That's a sure-fire way to lose. The name of the game is stealth. Taking over a base from an active supervillain is NOT STEALTHY. That's a shit-storm waiting to happen.
It's only not stealthy if we let the guys go. If we toss their ass in a blackhole, they're not going to be talking to anyone...

darthgoober
You are a callous fool, Norrin. Not only do you not see the folly of your own pitiful plan, but your bravado has turned me against you. So you shall heed the words of Magneto. uhuh
Tell you what, if that's too callous for you I'll just alter Earth's atmosphere so that it changes any yellow sunlight that passes through into red big grin .

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>