darth sidious RoTS vs gethzerion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bane's heart
note that palpatine was afraid of her

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by bane's heart
note that palpatine was afraid of her

And Palpatine was afraid of Bail Organa, and once tried to kill him and Kenobi by leading trapping them on Zigoola. So obviously Bail > Sidious.

That aside however, I don't know who gethzerion is, so I shouldn't be commenting on this thread.

Janus Marius
Wookieepedia can help you stop Star Wars ignorance, one link at a time.

Gideon
No, no, and no.

Palpatine was not afraid of Bail Organa, he was cautious of Organa's influence on Padme Amidala and assumed that Organa would compete with Anakin for Padme's affections, so he sought to kill him.

Kenobi was the stabilizing force for Anakin. Palpatine had been trying to kill him for years throughout the Clone Wars. The entire debacle on Utapau, the confrontation with General Grievous, was designed by Palpatine to merely get Kenobi off Coruscant so Anakin would be entirely without his mentor.

Comparing Gethzerion to Bail Organa is ridiculous. Numerous sources have verified that Palpatine sensed Gethzerion's power through the Force and was rumored to visit Dathomir (sp?). After this, the planet was placed under interdict and Palpatine left the planetary garrison to die, having all shuttles destroyed from orbit.

Palpatine was paranoid and constantly on the lookout for threats. While this does not mean that Gethzerion could defeat him, the Dark Side Sourcebook says quite explicitly that he felt, under certain circumstances in the future, she could one day challenge him.

Janus Marius
Just out of curiosity, what is the exact passage?

She must have been pretty impressive for him to be concerned.

Gideon
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Just out of curiosity, what is the exact passage?

She must have been pretty impressive for him to be concerned.

I don't have the Sourcebook on hand, but yes, he was very troubled. The gist was that he sensed her through the Force and felt her strength.

And then all of a sudden, Dathomir is suspiciously under interdict, all shuttles were surgically destroyed from orbit, and he left the planetary garrison to die.

That would suggest great concern. But, then again, that's likely Palpatine's response to just about everything.

Janus Marius
I wonder if he was more worried about her influence over the Nightsisters. They seemed to me to be a wicked bunch.

Gideon
I wonder if he was more worried about her influence over the Nightsisters. They seemed to me to be a wicked bunch.

Well, like I said, the Sourcebook mentioned that she could "one day conceivably challenge even him" (exact wording IIRC). I don't think he was worried about her kicking his ass, though she was very powerful in the Courtship of Princess Leia (IIRC, she waved her hand and killed an entire division of stormtroopers and was precise enough to make Han's molar explode). But was more or less fearing a protracted campaign of Force use in a rather large galaxy.

Nephthys
She made something explode!!!!? Has that ever been done before? Seems like shes pretty decently powerful, though SWwiki says she lost to Luke so she probably can't beat Palps.

Janus Marius
She might have lost to him in a bitching contest, who knows? Context is helpful.

Slash_KMC
I still think she looks like a WoW character.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Nephthys
She made something explode!!!!? Has that ever been done before? Seems like shes pretty decently powerful, though SWwiki says she lost to Luke so she probably can't beat Palps.

Gethzerion faced Luke directly once. In that encounter she telekinetically ripped open blood vessels in his skull ad then left him for dead. He only survived by directly drawing on the Force to heal himself.

She was killed when the ship she was on was shot down by a pair of Star Destroyers.

Nephthys
Then what about this- Gethzerion finally met her match in Luke Skywalker and Teneniel Djo (a Dathomirian from Gethzerion's former clan and her neice)

chilled monkey
Then what about this- Gethzerion finally met her match in Luke Skywalker and Teneniel Djo (a Dathomirian from Gethzerion's former clan and her neice)

Then what about these-

"Gethzerion fled in a space carrier but was killed when two of Zsinj's Star Destroyers opened fire under his orders. The Dathomirians were free of Gethzerion's tyranny."

"Luke decided to aid Teneniel Djo's clan of witches against the dark-side users on Dathomir, the Nightsisters. In this battle, he was nearly killed by their leader, Gethzerion, but healed himself in only a few hours using the Force."

"In the battle between the Singing Mountain Clan and the Nightsisters, Luke was almost fatally wounded by a Force attack by Gethzerion and a deep fall, but regenerated in the span of mere hours."

All from Wookieepedia.

Besides, I've actually read the book. Have you?

Nephthys
Woah! I wasn't trying to be smart or anything, I was just curious as to why it would say that, thats all. Sorry if I seemed like a dick (in this thread).

chilled monkey
Woah! I wasn't trying to be smart or anything, I was just curious as to why it would say that, thats all. Sorry if I seemed like a dick (in this thread).

No problem, and I'm sorry for being so defensive. Misunderstandings happen.

As to why it said that; Luke and Teneniel did foil her plans, just not through direct confrontation.

Nephthys
k

Eminence
Woah! I wasn't trying to be smart or anything, I was just curious as to why it would say that, thats all. Sorry if I seemed like a dick (in this thread). Stupid meanass dickhead.

kotorfan
Wookieepedia can help you stop Star Wars ignorance, one link at a time.

I checked out wookiepedia... and it didn't have much. this was what I got:

does anyone here have more links to more info on her? cuz wookiepedia basically said that she was an exile, created the nightsisters, and realized true power. which doesn't help much.

lol

Nephthys
Flaccid little pigs pizzle.

Eminence
Touche.

Hewhoknowsall
I thought that Sidious was also afraid of Organa because of his influence in the senate and that he could prevent some of Sidious's laws from being passed...

Nephthys
Nah, Sids had complete control of the senate, he could ban sex and they'd be forced to go along with it.

ty

Hewhoknowsall
Nah, Sids had complete control of the senate, he could ban sex and they'd be forced to go along with it.

ty

He wouldn't want that, because then Anakin wouldn't turn to the DS.

kotorfan
lol got that right..

well they would still love each other though. Which Sids could capitalize on

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.