What could you REALLY acomplish with a Healing Factor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Okay so tomorrow your in a accident. It can be something pretty much minor or something huge but immediately you start healing as quick as Wolverine. Then you learn its not jus a one time deal but you've actually gained a HF all your own.

My question is what could you or anyone actually do and accomplish with that kinda healing factor in the real world?

How would life quickly change for you? Could you keep it a secret? Would you want to? What would come of it if you did or didn't?

AlmightyKfish
Show your friends a magic trick involving several bullets in your own skull.

Philosophía
The first thing you should do is fake your death in an explosion or such, in case you want to do something big so that it can never be traced back to you.

I'd mostly have fun though. Knowing that with Wolverine's HF I'd live a hell of a lot longer and pretty much all injury will heal, I'd start doing all kind of crazy stuff like jump off from planes and climb dangerous areas.

Entity

Raoul
1. Smoke and drink like an absolute trooper.
2. I'll think of something...

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Raoul

That would be awesome. A bet on who can do that the most. haha

-V-
Be evil.

AlmightyKfish
Break all the insane injury related world records.

Battlehammer
it be cool and all, but the you still feel the pain

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Raoul

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Originally posted by Battlehammer

True. And the healing process is even more painful. Wolverine has incredible pain tolerance.

Entity
it be cool and all, but the you still feel the pain Yea but it wouldn't be the same.
You'd feel pain but only for a small fraction of the time. Since most of the pain isn't from the injury itself but the wound it leaves and as it heals.

So you'd feel something in that first instance of the accidents but it would pass probably even quicker than it came.

Symmetric Chaos
Starve to death after major injuries?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Entity
Yea but it wouldn't be the same.
You'd feel pain but only for a small fraction of the time. Since most of the pain isn't from the injury itself but the wound it leaves and as it heals.

So you'd feel something in that first instance of the accidents but it would pass probably even quicker than it came.

Logan suffers from the phantom pains.

Doctor-Alvis
MMA, medical research

Imagine being up against the guy who's been fighting for 250 years.

willRules
Rescue worker. You could single handily revolutionise the way rescue workers operate in an Earthquake disaster zone for example.

manjaro
other than the fact that i could easily outlive the entire human race
*never getting cancer
*never getting AIDS
*invulnerable Liver, and Kidneys
i dont see any other benefits......well it would be fun to be that one athlete who never has to worry about being on the Disabled List...and perform at peak levels for the entirety of the game...but you have to at least be good at sports.....i suck at sports...sex on the other hand im awesome at.laughing

Entity
Or so you've convinced yourself!

Oh wait you meant alone didn't you? Well yea in that case but hey with that much practice who wouldn't be?

stick out tongue lol

The Scribe
Only if I didn't feel pain. wink

StyleTime
Yeah, I don't get why anyone would deliberately and senselessly hurt themselves even with the healing factor.

I'd go with sports. You'd be able to play several different sports at the professional level. Amass a fortune, retire, and enjoy yourself for the next few centuries.

If you ever need more money due to poor financial planning, just play something again.

Wild Shadow
i could become an over night billionaire with the fact that my body could produce anti bodies for aids, and other viruses hell they could find a cure for cancer with my blood.. but i would need soe one i trust or just go into a pharmaceutical company and be a secret and get paid for the rest of my life.

StyleTime
Pfffft. Who wants to help people?

Kris Blaze
I'd become an unstoppable serial killer. Anyone who spoke out against something I liked on TV, ASSASSINATION!

Of course that would require some kind of ridiculous amount of training and such.....So I'd probably go with that disease for money thing Wild Shadow went on about.

roughrider
Make millions as a pro athlete - likely in boxing or MMA, where you just have to outlast the other guy.

Then volunteer for dangerous military missions in Iraq or Afghanistan - put the fear of God into the Taliban bastards as you laugh at their bullets as you keep firing. This gets you more fame & hero worship.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i could become an over night billionaire with the fact that my body could produce anti bodies for aids, and other viruses hell they could find a cure for cancer with my blood.. but i would need soe one i trust or just go into a pharmaceutical company and be a secret and get paid for the rest of my life. The pharmaceutical companies would be paying billions just to figure out how to kill you so you don't screw up their free ride.

Darth Macabre
I sure as heck wouldn't tell anyone about it. And, if you get arrested, take the plea bargain...like that episode of Twilight Zone, the guy was immortal and he got a life sentence.

willRules
Originally posted by StyleTime
Pfffft. Who wants to help people?

I was just about to ask, am I the only one in this thread who wants to help people without making lots of money in the process??? wink

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
The pharmaceutical companies would be paying billions just to figure out how to kill you so you don't screw up their free ride.

that's why you do a secret deal with them and dont preach the contract of confidentiality. a pharmaceutical company would rather pay you and keep you on their payroll, slowly manufacturing cures and slowing down the effectiveness so that they can profit more from the cure.

roughrider
Originally posted by willRules
I was just about to ask, am I the only one in this thread who wants to help people without making lots of money in the process??? wink

Yeah well, there are mortgages in the real world. When's the last time that was an issue in comics?

Entity
Originally posted by roughrider
Yeah well, there are mortgages in the real world. When's the last time that was an issue in comics? Pretty much any spiderman comic before Quesada buttrapped him back to highschool muchin off his Auntie

willRules
Yeah well, there are mortgages in the real world. When's the last time that was an issue in comics?

WAIT. So this healing factor thing isn't happening?

STOP THE BULLDOZER. NOW PLEASE, STOP THE BUL AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...............

.........shouldn't have spent the last few precious seconds of life on KMC....

StyleTime
Wha...why...what?! Help people and...and not profit? Is that possible? I mean, I guess you could help them... and give me the money?

That sounds like a deal actually.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
I sure as heck wouldn't tell anyone about it. And, if you get arrested, take the plea bargain...like that episode of Twilight Zone, the guy was immortal and he got a life sentence.
That's "only" like 40 years. If you don't get out earlier.

FeelGood
I'd take risks.

willRules
Originally posted by StyleTime
Wha...why...what?! Help people and...and not profit? Is that possible? I mean, I guess you could help them... and give me the money?

That sounds like a deal actually.

laughing

Grinning Goku
Beat up/kill gang members, murder murderers, rape rapists and so on.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
That's "only" like 40 years. If you don't get out earlier. Nah, this was the Twilight Zone...he was in there until the world was destroyed. It was awesome.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Okay so tomorrow your in a accident. It can be something pretty much minor or something huge but immediately you start healing as quick as Wolverine. Then you learn its not jus a one time deal but you've actually gained a HF all your own.

My question is what could you or anyone actually do and accomplish with that kinda healing factor in the real world?

How would life quickly change for you? Could you keep it a secret? Would you want to? What would come of it if you did or didn't?

I'd get myself a costume and go all law-enforcer.

willRules
There are a worrying amount of people on these boards who would jump at the opportunity to be a vigilante confused

C. C. Cowgirl!
It's not like you can be a police or something and help people that way with assistance of your power. Working on your own would be the only option, given your "situation". If people found out about your ability, not only would you never be left alone, but you would become a test-monkey if the wrong people got hold of you.

I say that if you get such a great power as a Wolverine HF, you should use it to help your city against crimes or something like that. Just having it would be a waste.

Entity
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
It's not like you can be a police or something and help people that way with assistance of your power. Working on your own would be the only option, given your "situation". If people found out about your ability, not only would you never be left alone, but you would become a test-monkey if the wrong people got hold of you.

I say that if you get such a great power as a Wolverine HF, you should use it to help your city against crimes or something like that. Just having it would be a waste. And you know they would get ahold of you.

Unless you died! embarrasment

C. C. Cowgirl!
If the power means you're a Wolverine without the claws and adamantium, I imagine dying isn't so easily accomplished.

Entity
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
If the power means you're a Wolverine without the claws and adamantium, I imagine dying isn't so easily accomplished. It wouldn't be nearly so hard as the comics make it out to be. Especially without the adamantium to make your bones unbreakable. I imagine a shotgun blast to your head would easily do the trick!

But even so, get ready for a long life of running or being experimented on.
More likely the experimented on indefinitely until you do manage to die.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Hasn't Wolverine regenerated from melted bone? If anything, I imagine it harder to regenerate that with adamantium than without.

StiltmanFTW
It wouldn't be nearly so hard as the comics make it out to be. Especially without the adamantium to make your bones unbreakable. I imagine a shotgun blast to your head would easily do the trick!

Please. Pre-Weapon X Wolverine survived a nuke.

Entity
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Please. Pre-Weapon X Wolverine survived a nuke. Wasn't he also made immortal by a deal with Lazarus?

StiltmanFTW
Wasn't he also made immortal by a deal with Lazarus?

I guess you mean Lazaer. Well, yeah... but anyway, a shotgun blast to the head wouldn't be enough. Current Wolverine stabbed himself in the brain and healed from that.

Entity
A stab I can see but completely blowing your head off, I really don't see how anyone could survive that!

Healing factor or not.

Even on Heroes, one thing they've said a few times is, your body needs the brain for the powers to work. So therefore you blow off your head and no brain = no healing factor to heal your brain.

Your entire body relies on your brain to function. Without it your cease to function and die!

StiltmanFTW
A stab I can see but completely blowing your head off, I really don't see how anyone could survive that!

Healing factor or not.

Even on Heroes, one thing they've said a few times is, your body needs the brain for the powers to work. So therefore you blow off your head and no brain = no healing factor to heal your brain.

Your entire body relies on your brain to function. Without it your cease to function and die!

Logan stated that his HF is in every cell of his body stick out tongue

Entity
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Logan stated that his HF is in every cell of his body stick out tongue Then why doesn't his body grow from a single cell when its tore off?

Wouldn't his body grow back from a hand or ear when its tore off?
By that logic when he bleeds his blood should reform new Logan's every time he leaves blood laying around. erm

StiltmanFTW
Then why doesn't his body grow from a single cell when its tore off?

By that logic when he bleeds his blood should reform new Logan's every time he leaves blood laying around. erm

It was once strongly hinted in volume 2 and stated in Weapon X novel that he's a reincarnating warrior. Perhaps because of that mystical aspect he doesn't create clones...

Anyway, he has shown on numerous occasions that he's capable of healing any wound while having his brain severely damaged.

willRules
Then why doesn't his body grow from a single cell when its tore off?

It begs the question that if he is torn to pieces, which piece does Logan heal back from? The biggest piece? It has to be one of them as there's only one of him....

AlmightyKfish
Also, Deadpool has proven a number of time that you don't need the brain in order to heal.

He's been beheaded at least twice, and in the latest issue of Suicide Kings, Punisher blew his head to pieces with a crossbow thing.

StiltmanFTW
It begs the question that if he is torn to pieces, which piece does Logan heal back from? The biggest piece? It has to be one of them as there's only one of him....

I imagine he'd regenerate from the most complex thing, the nervous system. Why? 'Cause it takes the longest to regenerate. He even stated that on panel.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Also, Deadpool has proven a number of time that you don't need the brain in order to heal.

He's been beheaded at least twice, and in the latest issue of Suicide Kings, Punisher blew his head to pieces with a crossbow thing.

thumb up

willRules
Whilst Deadpool's healing is initially based upon Logan's, its sooooo superior that it's difficult to compare in that respect. Deadpool has literally come back from being a melted puddle of goo in a matter of seconds yes

StiltmanFTW
And Logan has come out from a vat of molten metal as a skeleton shocklaugh They both have ridiculous feats.

Charmander
Say Logan got fat, and he cut a piece of fat off his body... would his HF grow it back?

Entity
Originally posted by Charmander
Say Logan got fat, and he cut a piece of fat off his body... would his HF grow it back? His healing factor won't let him get fat! stick out tongue

Or thats what he said in Earth X lol

Deadpools healing from a puddle of goo I understand. Since death itself has forbid him from ever dying. So that explains why he doesn't need a brain or anything.

I wounder what would happen if you were to slice them right down the middle? Assuming you could get past wolverine's admantium. Or if he was teleported only on the left side and the right side wasn't?

StiltmanFTW
His healing factor won't let him get fat! stick out tongue

Or thats what he said in Earth X lol

Deadpools healing from a puddle of goo I understand. Since death itself has forbid him from ever dying. So that explains why he doesn't need a brain or anything.

I wounder what would happen if you were to slice them right down the middle? Assuming you could get past wolverine's admantium. Or if he was teleported only on the left side and the right side wasn't?

Yeah, all those beers and no sign of fat.

That would be interesting.

manjaro
the whole needing a brain thing is another realm of fiction that doesnt have anything to do with marvel....so its probably not wise to try to cross reference Heroes TV show with the MU.....Warren Worthington has a healing factor in his blood, and that doesnt have anything to do with his brain...in fact he was able to give a little girl a blood transfusion and cure her from some f ****ed up disease...also, along with the Lazaer thing...wolverine's being has molecular memory..as long as there is a shred of flesh remaining he will always be able to heal..as was demonstated when Nuke..well nuked him but his eyeballs still had residual flesh and he was able to regen in a few panels the same thing when he emerged from molten metal...Xavier in the ulitmate universe has said that looking at wolverine heal is like watching a reverse autopsy cuz his cells try to regenerate as fast as they are damaged.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by manjaro
the whole needing a brain thing is another realm of fiction that doesnt have anything to do with marvel....so its probably not wise to try to cross reference Heroes TV show with the MU.....Warren Worthington has a healing factor in his blood, and that doesnt have anything to do with his brain...in fact he was able to give a little girl a blood transfusion and cure her from some f ****ed up disease...also, along with the Lazaer thing...wolverine's being has molecular memory..as long as there is a shred of flesh remaining he will always be able to heal..as was demonstated when Nuke..well nuked him but his eyeballs still had residual flesh and he was able to regen in a few panels the same thing when he emerged from molten metal...Xavier in the ulitmate universe has said that looking at wolverine heal is like watching a reverse autopsy cuz his cells try to regenerate as fast as they are damaged.

That was Nitro. Not eyeballs, the writer stated that his brain could have been protected by his adamantium skull.

IIRC Ultimate Moira said that. I'm done nitpicking, good post smile

manjaro
yeah nitro....it was late....... forgive..i could swear it was Xavier. it was when U. Proteus was introduced and he possessed wiloverine cuz his body doesnt burn out, and he cuased logan to get run over by an 18 wheeler..and they were all watching him heal....and im 85% sure it was charles who made the comment

roughrider
There are a worrying amount of people on these boards who would jump at the opportunity to be a vigilante confused

We read too many comics here...our minds have been affected... big grin

I remember when I was a teenager, hearing some friends saying they wanted to start a Punisher vigilante gang, to help people. eek!

Don't think it ever happened; but I was tempted.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by manjaro
yeah nitro....it was late....... forgive..i could swear it was Xavier. it was when U. Proteus was introduced and he possessed wiloverine cuz his body doesnt burn out, and he cuased logan to get run over by an 18 wheeler..and they were all watching him heal....and im 85% sure it was charles who made the comment

Ultimate X-Men #17

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1374/ux22.th.jpg http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3558/ux23.th.jpg

willRules
We read too many comics here...our minds have been affected... big grin

I remember when I was a teenager, hearing some friends saying they wanted to start a Punisher vigilante gang, to help people. eek!

Don't think it ever happened; but I was tempted.

laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.