CW Republic, CIS, ROTJ Rebels, GFFA, YV and Krayt's Empire unite vs Galactic Empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
(This is intended to be serious)

Who wins?

To make this fair, the GE's number of troops are tripled.

bane's heart
the galactic empire still gets pwned

Janus Marius
Obvious spite thread is obvious.

Elite Hunter
Doesn't matter,GE still loses.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Doesn't matter,GE still loses.

Really? Because in LOTS of earlier threads people claimed that the GE could defeat the rebels, republic, CIS and YV COMBINED easily, so I was just asking.

OK then, GE gets their numbers quadrupaled AND the number of jedi are cut in half.

bane's heart
you seem like you really want the empire to win

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by bane's heart
you seem like you really want the empire to win

WTF? First people say that I hold a grudge against the Empire (said in Earth vs Empire thread), now they say that I want the Empire to win? No, I'm just trying to not make this a spite.

bane's heart, please explain to me:

WHY do you claim that?

(most important) WHY do I get blasted when I try to make the thread fair, but I get blasted when I don't?

I'm tired of this nonsense.

Janus Marius
Or he's modifying the thread again so he doesn't get accused of making yet another spite thread.

Number of troops is pointless unless this is some all-out land battle. The Empire's navy is its primary force as a power, and pitting it against so many combined forces is ridiculously skewed.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Really? Because in LOTS of earlier threads people claimed that the GE could defeat the rebels, republic, CIS and YV COMBINED easily, so I was just asking.B]
Well you added the GFFA and Krayt's sith/galactic empire which have superior technology and not to mention all of the one sith Krayt brings to the table.

This could make it closer ( I assume you're going to cut the number of one sith too?) But the coalition has more leaders at it's disposal then just Thrawn,Palleon,Vader,Sidious,etc.(I believe I'm missing a few)

While the coalition would have would have the minds/talents of Luke,Wedge,Dooku,Grievous,Ackbar,Han,Leia,Caedus, Krayt,Nas Choka, Tsavong Lah,Jaina,Niathal(depending on the GGFA used)Bwua'tu,Gavin Darklighter,Traest Kre'fey, Yoda,Mace,etc. I could on for a while. And I wasn't even referring to the Jedi/Sith in actual combat with a lightsaber.......

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Or he's modifying the thread again so he doesn't get accused of making yet another spite thread.

Number of troops is pointless unless this is some all-out land battle. The Empire's navy is its primary force as a power, and pitting it against so many combined forces is ridiculously skewed.

I thought that you said that the Empire DOES use their land troops to a great extent (you got really into that debate and insulted anyone who disagreed with you, and argued for several pages) and now you suggest otherwise?

But people said many times in several other old threads that Empire pwns Republic, CIS, Rebels and YV combined, talking about how awesome the Empire is. So surely this isn't a spite, especially given the Empire's boost in numbers (so that they'll also have more crew to man ships)

bane's heart
the only reason i said u really want them to win is because you modified it after a lot of people said they would get pwned

Janus Marius
I thought that you said that the Empire DOES use their land troops to a great extent (you got really into that debate and insulted anyone who disagreed with you, and argued for several pages) and now you suggest otherwise?

You apparently can't read.

I argued that the Empire uses its ground forces effectively over a 23 year period to subjugate and conquer galaxies.

I didn't say "the Imperial navy is worthless and they do it all through ground troops, lulz".

You need to LEARN TO READ.

A lot of people are idiots who argue stuff they don't understand or haven't researched. Hint hint.

No, it is a spite thread, because your objective is to "win" because no one can appease what you feel is a proper argument for the Empire in any situation you've presented. The fact that you consistently make threads where the Empire is nerfed, outnumbered, and at a severe disadvantage shows your bias.

Slash_KMC
I'm really starting to hate large scale versus threads.

Eminence
What he said. Can we not make anymore of these?

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Eminence
What he said. Can we not make anymore of these?

QFT.

Eminence
I don't mean just Hewhoknowsall, mind you, just no more large scale threads whatsoever. They're obnoxious and I hope there's a hell for them to burn in.

Slash_KMC
I don't mean just Hewhoknowsall, mind you, just no more large scale threads whatsoever. They're obnoxious and I hope there's a hell for them to burn in.

Plo froze all hells.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by bane's heart
the only reason i said u really want them to win is because you modified it after a lot of people said they would get pwned

That's OK, I don't blame you, I'm just mad at Janus.

bane's heart
ok, im glad this was cleared up

Eminence
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Plo froze all hells. Parts of Hell are frozen, dude. That website says so. And there's like, snowburn and stuff.

Nephthys
GE fires its Laza msn-oh raygun

Hewhoknowsall
So who is willing to make an argument for GE or the team?

Nephthys
GE could potentially just wipe out planets or solar systems with its crazy-ass superweapons and entire fleets with Sidious, but is hopelessly outnumbered in terms of navy and heroic troops.

I'd say its a pyrrhic victory for the team.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Nephthys
GE could potentially just wipe out planets or solar systems with its crazy-ass superweapons and entire fleets with Sidious, but is hopelessly outnumbered in terms of navy and heroic troops.

I'd say its a pyrrhic victory for the team.

True, the Death Star and Sun Crusher could pose quite a threat, although they both seem to have obvious weaknesses (or at least the Death Star).

Elite Hunter
So who is willing to make an argument for GE or the team?

Did you miss my post? The only real advantage the GE is, it's superweapons which have been defeated by the rebels/early new republic. Do they have all their superweapons from all different time periods? ex. ANH death star and DE galaxy gun?

bane's heart
maybe you should add a world devastator

Hewhoknowsall
Did you miss my post? The only real advantage the GE is, it's superweapons which have been defeated by the rebels/early new republic. Do they have all their superweapons from all different time periods? ex. ANH death star and DE galaxy gun?

This is GE at it's peak during the OT.

Gideon
Actually, I'm not sure...

Eh, yes and no. Technology has likely improved and even a couple of years after Palpatine's death, there were military overhauls that saw enormous reduction in manpower and greater efficiency on ships. However, I'm not certain that Krayt's Empire has anything that is militarily more lethal than anything Palpatine has. For example, the Pellaeon-class Star Destroyer is the most powerful ship at Krayt's disposal, and it's no match for anything like a Super Star Destroyer or (God help everyone) the Eclipse.

Palpatine and Tarkin have a metric shitton of ridiculously capable superweapons that none of the factions can compete with in terms of destructive capability. IIRC, Daala whipped out one of Tarkin's old toys against Caedus after Pellaeon was killed and it was some sort of laser beam that obliterated ship after ship after ship after ship.

And she had, like, three vessels.

Not that it matters. The Confederacy fielded two Malevolence-class destroyers, "millions of warships" (Complete Cross Sections, and a quintillion (or quadrillion?) droids. Not to mention they have a psychotic general who isn't particular about using biological warfare.

The Republic is, according to the Clone Wars Campaign Guide, for all purposes militarily equal to the Confederacy, though presumably not nearly as large. But the quality of their ships and resources are much, much higher.

The Rebellion has some particularly handy resources, which includes the Bothan Spynet.

The Yuuzhan Vong's dovin basals, ground troops, and ships are pretty impressive.

And the Galactic Alliance is a less militarized version of the Empire proper.

In all seriousness, none of these factions are as militarily impressive. Palpatine's Empire was referred to as an "unprecedented" military build up and "the largest military in history." Particularly the Good Guys, which includes the Alliance, are relatively downgraded.

But this is spite.

kotorfan
Krayt and his empire wins. pretty easily.

But if its like Caedus vs. Krayt, I think Caedus wins. (younger, more powerful, more tolerant to pain, gets more hyped as more pain is inflicted on him, mastery of force powers, uber lightning) well not as uber as palpy, muur, or bane.

Krayt= armor, half crazy, obssesed about Cade and his healing powers, failed to notice that his apprentice would take over his rule (he is old, sick, consumed by armor, weak etc)
Although he survived Muur's attack and the fall. Can't take lightsaber wounds as well as Caedus. (Azyln Rae stabbed him and he was distracted for enough time to be electrocuted)
Caedus on the other hand isn't affected by the loss of an arm, lightsaber stabs in the kidney, and still managed to hold his own when sneaked up on (by Luke).

OK wait. GE is the Caedus era right?.. lol

Gideon
No...

kotorfan
ok wow i just rambled on about some random stuff. anyways..

back to the topic, I still think Krayt wins. He has his sith, hands(people hands ie Mara Jade type of thing, not physical hands), superior technology, etc.

Also: Different weapons like living YV stuff. that the empire has never seen before. While the YV are used to fighting the Jedi and Republic by now, so they have more experience.

plz disregard what i posted earlier. It was total random crap and I didn't know what I was talking about or what this thread was about. lol

mattatom
Parts of Hell are frozen, dude. That website says so. And there's like, snowburn and stuff.
Was that on Supershadow? :P

kotorfan
dude Hell is inferno of unending fire.

even if he freezes parts of hell, the other parts will melt the ice away.

mattatom
Koon freezes it all instantaneously to such a degree that the flames are still there and the Ice leeches the heat away as well.

kotorfan
dude when Ice absorbs heat, it melts. unless somehow Janus/Koon makes Hell's core ice, then freezes the flames and other random things.

Gideon
NOT THE PLO KOON THING ANYMORE CHRIST I WANT JANUS TO GET HIT BY AN ICE CREAM TRUCK SO I CAN KICK HIM IN THE SHIN FOR STARTING THIS USELESS JOKE!

no expression

mattatom
Originally posted by Gideon
NOT THE PLO KOON THING ANYMORE CHRIST I WANT JANUS TO GET HIT BY AN ICE CREAM TRUCK SO I CAN KICK HIM IN THE SHIN FOR STARTING THIS USELESS JOKE!

no expression
I'd pay towards the truck...

Janus Marius
Plo Koon sees your heresy.

Eminence
Plo Koon's a Jawa, right?

Slash_KMC
Actually, I would like some ice cream now.

Slash_KMC
Plo Koon's a Jawa, right?

You're a Jawa.

EDIT: Sorry, it was beyond myself.

kotorfan
Apparently.. :

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Plo Koon sees your heresy.

See? I try to keep it on topic because YOU are being off topic.

Actually, I'm not sure...

Eh, yes and no. Technology has likely improved and even a couple of years after Palpatine's death, there were military overhauls that saw enormous reduction in manpower and greater efficiency on ships. However, I'm not certain that Krayt's Empire has anything that is militarily more lethal than anything Palpatine has. For example, the Pellaeon-class Star Destroyer is the most powerful ship at Krayt's disposal, and it's no match for anything like a Super Star Destroyer or (God help everyone) the Eclipse.

Palpatine and Tarkin have a metric shitton of ridiculously capable superweapons that none of the factions can compete with in terms of destructive capability. IIRC, Daala whipped out one of Tarkin's old toys against Caedus after Pellaeon was killed and it was some sort of laser beam that obliterated ship after ship after ship after ship.

And she had, like, three vessels.

Not that it matters. The Confederacy fielded two Malevolence-class destroyers, "millions of warships" (Complete Cross Sections, and a quintillion (or quadrillion?) droids. Not to mention they have a psychotic general who isn't particular about using biological warfare.

The Republic is, according to the Clone Wars Campaign Guide, for all purposes militarily equal to the Confederacy, though presumably not nearly as large. But the quality of their ships and resources are much, much higher.

The Rebellion has some particularly handy resources, which includes the Bothan Spynet.

The Yuuzhan Vong's dovin basals, ground troops, and ships are pretty impressive.

And the Galactic Alliance is a less militarized version of the Empire proper.

In all seriousness, none of these factions are as militarily impressive. Palpatine's Empire was referred to as an "unprecedented" military build up and "the largest military in history." Particularly the Good Guys, which includes the Alliance, are relatively downgraded.

But this is spite.

Actually, it can be argued that one of these factions alone could solo the Empire IF I were to take away their quadrupal troop advantage.

The ROTJ Rebels could, and anyone that watched the OT should know that.

The GFFA and Krayt's Empire MIGHT be able to. Caedus considered clone war era and even the old GE's ships to be "antiques" and a "flying junkyard". This shows how far technology advanced (which is wierd: in the 2000 years between Revan and the movies technology DID advance, but not nearly at the rate that you would think).

Gideon
Actually, it can be argued that one of these factions alone could solo the Empire IF I were to take away their quadrupal troop advantage.

The ROTJ Rebels could, and anyone that watched the OT should know that.

The GFFA and Krayt's Empire MIGHT be able to. Caedus considered clone war era and even the old GE's ships to be "antiques" and a "flying junkyard". This shows how far technology advanced (which is wierd: in the 2000 years between Revan and the movies technology DID advance, but not nearly at the rate that you would think).

Did... you just say that... one of these factions could "solo" the Empire?

lol...

Hewhoknowsall
Did... you just say that... one of these factions could "solo" the Empire?

lol...

Sorry, I'm wrong. I'm sorry for NOT saying "it can be argued that..." and I forgot that the Empire did NOT get soloed and NO faction in this thread beat the Empire... and the Empire did NOT get defeated...

Gideon
Your sarcasm is misplaced. Fortunately, I'm here to correct ego trips.

Sorry, I'm wrong.

You might want to consider putting that in your signature. Or getting it tattooed. It's likely the most applicable statement you'll ever come across.

Just a thought.

Apology #1 accepted, jackass. Because it really can't be argued.

Apology #2 accepted, jackass. Because the Empire really didn't get soloed.

Apology #3 accepted, jackass. Because you're right, no faction in this thread could beat the Empire. Not in a strict military engagement. Let's run through the list:

1.) The Clone Wars-era Republic fielded a vastly smaller military and inferior technology. Palpatine had to be relatively conservative; after all, the Republic had to put on a good front as an arbiter of peace and justice.

2.) The Confederacy fielded a comparable military in size only. But the Republic itself outclassed the CIS ship-to-ship, as Star Wars Complete Cross Sections testifies. Look up the figures: they're ridiculous. Quality-wise, the Confederacy was no match for the Republic, which is in turn no match for the Empire.

3.) The RotJ-era Rebels couldn't compete with the Empire on even footing... or did you not watch the OT? There's a reason, jackass, that they are fighting guerilla warfare. There's a reason they were getting the shit kicked out of them at the Battle of Endor. The only reason Palpatine died was because of Vader, and if you've actually read the Return of the Jedi novelization, it makes it very clear: Palpatine's death diffused the dark side to such an extent that it caused chaos and confusion among the Imperial ranks, causing them to make tactical blunders throughout the entire engagement.

Oh, and by the way? Palpatine would later return several years later to reconquer the galaxy in less than a year. Even after the years of victories, of Imperial screw ups, and even treason (I refer you to the warlordism that plagued the Empire after Palpatine died), the Empire was still more powerful than the New Republic.

4.) The Galactic Alliance is vastly undermilitarized, hence why they were threatened so easily by both the Confederation and the Imperial Remnant. Yes, the "broken shadow of the former Empire" was still able to compete with the Galactic Alliance.

5.) The Yuuzhan Vong deliberately avoided waging war against the Empire. Nom Anor, a Yuuzhan Vong agent, testified that if they had to face the Empire at the height of its power, they would have been utterly crushed. They waited for the Empire to lose most of its power, and chose to tackle the New Republic instead.

6.) Krayt's Empire lacks the superweapons and, given the state of the galaxy with Fel's Empire-in-exile and the remnant of the Galactic Alliance, his military isn't all encompassing or the end all be all.

Once again, Palpatine created the largest military in galactic history with an unprecedented military build up. It's canon.

Not by those pesky rebels, no.

Hewhoknowsall
Your sarcasm is misplaced. Fortunately, I'm here to correct ego trips.

You might want to consider putting that in your signature. Or getting it tattooed. It's likely the most applicable statement you'll ever come across.

Just a thought.

Apology #1 accepted, jackass. Because it really can't be argued.

Apology #2 accepted, jackass. Because the Empire really didn't get soloed.

Apology #3 accepted, jackass. Because you're right, no faction in this thread could beat the Empire. Not in a strict military engagement. Let's run through the list:

1.) The Clone Wars-era Republic fielded a vastly smaller military and inferior technology. Palpatine had to be relatively conservative; after all, the Republic had to put on a good front as an arbiter of peace and justice.

2.) The Confederacy fielded a comparable military in size only. But the Republic itself outclassed the CIS ship-to-ship, as Star Wars Complete Cross Sections testifies. Look up the figures: they're ridiculous. Quality-wise, the Confederacy was no match for the Republic, which is in turn no match for the Empire.

3.) The RotJ-era Rebels couldn't compete with the Empire on even footing... or did you not watch the OT? There's a reason, jackass, that they are fighting guerilla warfare. There's a reason they were getting the shit kicked out of them at the Battle of Endor. The only reason Palpatine died was because of Vader, and if you've actually read the Return of the Jedi novelization, it makes it very clear: Palpatine's death diffused the dark side to such an extent that it caused chaos and confusion among the Imperial ranks, causing them to make tactical blunders throughout the entire engagement.

Oh, and by the way? Palpatine would later return several years later to reconquer the galaxy in less than a year. Even after the years of victories, of Imperial screw ups, and even treason (I refer you to the warlordism that plagued the Empire after Palpatine died), the Empire was still more powerful than the New Republic.

4.) The Galactic Alliance is vastly undermilitarized, hence why they were threatened so easily by both the Confederation and the Imperial Remnant. Yes, the "broken shadow of the former Empire" was still able to compete with the Galactic Alliance.

5.) The Yuuzhan Vong deliberately avoided waging war against the Empire. Nom Anor, a Yuuzhan Vong agent, testified that if they had to face the Empire at the height of its power, they would have been utterly crushed. They waited for the Empire to lose most of its power, and chose to tackle the New Republic instead.

6.) Krayt's Empire lacks the superweapons and, given the state of the galaxy with Fel's Empire-in-exile and the remnant of the Galactic Alliance, his military isn't all encompassing or the end all be all.

Once again, Palpatine created the largest military in galactic history with an unprecedented military build up. It's canon.

Not by those pesky rebels, no.

Gideon: please explain to me why you insult me and troll around when I haven't done anything bad to you. If you think that I'm stupid then that still gives you NO right to do this.

Gideon

Hewhoknowsall

Gideon
You are irretrievably inept. To quote Janus:

Welcome to the world of logic, Jackass. Politics are even harder to discuss than combat. How the hell do you plan on arguing that the Empire's political deficits will cause them to collapse?

This is a versus thread. You don't take the circumstances into account and blindly assume that whatever the circumstances were in place the last time would automatically be present the next time.

Edit:

This is telling. Thank you for confirmation on just how stupid you really are.

Hewhoknowsall
You are irretrievably inept. To quote Janus:

Welcome to the world of logic, Jackass. Politics are even harder to discuss than combat. How the hell do you plan on arguing that the Empire's political deficits will cause them to collapse?

This is a versus thread. You don't take the circumstances into account and blindly assume that whatever the circumstances were in place the last time would automatically be present the next time.

Edit:

This is telling. Thank you for confirmation on just how stupid you really are.

Insults and more insults. Are you OK? Have you had a bad day? Or are you just so mad that I offended the all so cool Empire (why are you the fanboy of a fictional but still evil Empire that committed mass genocide that made Hitler look like a saint? Do you like evil tyrants?) and decide that I must pay for doing so?

Elite Hunter

Krayt's empire doesn't have anything more powerful then the Imperious-class Star Destroyer (numbers built are unknown) which is basically an advanced version of the Pellaeon class (like the Imp.I to the Imp. II) I give that they aren't more powerful then super star destroyers possessed by the GE. But they don't have enough of them to field in here. The SSD's are vulnerable to a constant attack from fighters and capital ships as we see in ROTJ for ex. The eclipse wasn't completed before Endor (which I assume we are using the GE before Endor with Palps and Vader in it) and Tyber Zann managed to get control of it for a bried period of time and we know what R2 did to the second so even there most powerful ships aren't safe from sabatoge.... I think we agree that the empire loses though due to the numbers against them. right?

I don't recall her using those toys in the JA series and her other appearances prior to LOTF, so I don't think that weapon design was completed yet. (correct me if im wrong here)

There were two?

Gideon
Krayt's empire doesn't have anything more powerful then the Imperious-class Star Destroyer (numbers built are unknown) which is basically an advanced version of the Pellaeon class (like the Imp.I to the Imp. II) I give that they aren't more powerful then super star destroyers possessed by the GE. But they don't have enough of them to field in here. The SSD's are vulnerable to a constant attack from fighters and capital ships as we see in ROTJ for ex. The eclipse wasn't completed before Endor (which I assume we are using the GE before Endor with Palps and Vader in it) and Tyber Zann managed to get control of it for a bried period of time and we know what R2 did to the second so even there most powerful ships aren't safe from sabatoge.... I think we agree that the empire loses though due to the numbers against them. right?

Pardon? The Empire fielded "dozens" of Super Star Destroyers if Han Solo's commentary in Return of the Jedi is to be taken seriously. In sheer firepower, nothing Krayt has at his disposal is anything approaching what Palpatine had at his. The military build up for the original Galactic Empire is profoundly startling; it was the largest amassed military in galactic history. I know almost nothing about Legacy, other than that Fel's Empire-in-exile and the remnants of the Galactic Alliance control considerable portions of the galaxy in their own right.

But yes, absolutely, the Empire gets obliterated due to sheer numbers.

The Maw Installation was shut down by New Republic authorities nor is Daala stated to have worked on the prototypes. They were specifically noted to be leftovers from the Empire's weapons projects in the Maw. It stands to reason that they were in working order even then.

Yep. Only one appeared in the series.

Elite Hunter
Pardon? The Empire fielded "dozens" of Super Star Destroyers if Han Solo's commentary in Return of the Jedi is to be taken seriously.

That's kind of my point, they may have many SSD's but when you're facing six other navies it will spread their numbers.....

Then I guess that goes to show how retarded Daala really is if she didn't use them before LOTF. They probably would have been handy in JA.

So the other one is either mentioned in source material or comic that not many people have read or some random videogame that not many people play,right?

Gideon
Yep. Clone Wars Campaign Guide, if I recall.

Lord Lucien
Insults and more insults. Are you OK? Have you had a bad day? Or are you just so mad that I offended the all so cool Empire (why are you the fanboy of a fictional but still evil Empire that committed mass genocide that made Hitler look like a saint? Do you like evil tyrants?) and decide that I must pay for doing so? Why do YOU insist on ahem... ignoring and not responding to Gideon's points and instead jumping straight personal attacks. Isn't that what you accuse US of doing? At least do both instead of just the one that makes you look like an idiot.

kotorfan
dude man just make peace already. its not worth your time or anyone else's time to read all this crap. lets just debate OK?

Oh and Janus, Eminence has also tried to stop the violence, its not just me. He just gave me the idea to peace talk. xD

well i gtg sleep. bye guys.
finals at 8:30 am 2mrw. lol

Lord Lucien
Peace is for the weak and the women.

But only because Brian Cox says so.

Janus Marius
Brian Cox trained Plo Koon. He knows all.

Eminence
Bullshit. Brian Cox got his shit stabbed out by a priestess-turned-whore.

Janus Marius
No, he created Wolverine and then he was a leader in the Third Reich, after being Hannibal Lector. He cannot be overcome.

Lord Lucien
Not to mention he trained William Wallace. That alone conveys upon him a place beside Zeus.

Janus Marius
True. I had forgotten about the guy who kills Englishman.

Captain REX
This is not at all balanced...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.