NJO luke and Ben vs orabalisk bane and darth zannah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bane's heart
i think this would be a pretty close match

Hewhoknowsall
You seem to really want Bane to win.

bane's heart
i didn't mean any offense

Vorpal Ruin
Ben was what, a small child in NJO? What a huge asset.

Slash_KMC
But, Bane won't win.

Luke solo's.

Hewhoknowsall
Ben might actually be a hindrance to Luke.

bane's heart
My mistake, I meant NJO luke and LOTF Ben vs Orbalisk Bane and Darth Zannah

Hewhoknowsall
Ben might still be a hindrace, unless if we make Luke a heartless monster.

bane's heart
i think Ben could hold his own against zannah

Vorpal Ruin
Ben would probably survive a while against Zannah, but he would eventually lose. Depends who loses first, Bane or Ben. Im gonna go with the Skywalkers though.

bane's heart
i'm pretty sure Bane would lose first

Hewhoknowsall
So Ben isn't a hindrance but Obi Wan is (even though Bane is close in power to Sidious)? Shouldn't he be a hindrance for the same reason that Obi Wan (supposedly) is?

bane's heart
Ben could potentially be a hinderence, but i think luke could dispatch bane quickly enough with electric judgement to help with zannah before she can get the upper hand

Janus Marius
Bane's Force push demolished the temple of the ancients at Lehon. He's not a chump I would say.

bane's heart
but bane's weakness is lightning with the orbalisks, i agree hw would resist it somewhat

Darth Truculent
Are we forgetting Sith Sorcerry? That's something not seen in NJO or LOTF. Zannah would kill both of them while they were swatting at false images. Ben isn't that good with a lightsaber and still developing his power. Luke would be doing all the fighting. Luke may be the greatest Jedi Master, but two engaging two Sith at one time is more than he can handle.

kotorfan
I would tend to agree with Darth Truculent on this one.

Bane is indeed very powerful as mentioned a million times already. LOTF Luke is above Bane (everyone) obviously, but with the addition of Zannah, Ben goes down first. Luke would be distracted and feel the urge to help/save Ben.

Bane engages Luke, or Zannah messes with his head. But if Luke goes all out on the attack, Zannah would be overwhelmed quickly, and would not get a chance to use sorcery(like in ROT where she fought that buff alien guy, she didn't have a chance until he was distracted).

And Luke would destroy Zannah in saber combat. Then it would be Luke vs. Bane. It would be pretty hard to get through the orbalisks, and unless he figured out their weakness, he will need to concentrate on attack as well as defense, while Bane is focused only on attack. Bane's and Luke's lightning attacks are on par with each other, but I am positive that Bane can take more physical trauma.

EDIT: I forgot that Luke had the shatterpoint ability... maybe that would give him the win.

I really don't know who wins.. I'm tempted to say Luke just cuz he is Luke, but I hate seeing Luke win all the time.

oh yeah one more thing.
You know the thing Luke did to Caedus where he used the force to prevent Caedus from moving right? in INFERNO i think..

is it a stasis, or is it using the force to puch Jacen into his chair so hard that he couldn't escape?

just wanted some clarification on that.

Eminence
I think it was telekinesis.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Bane's Force push demolished the temple of the ancients at Lehon. He's not a chump I would say.

I wouldn't call it an amazing feat either. That temple was over 30,000 years old and at its end.

Fan Skywalker
What consequences would Luke's emotional state yield after seeing his son fall? In pg 493 Luke did confess that he would be willing to skirt the dark side very closely to safe guard his niece and nephew. Id imagine he would uncautiously use the dark side if his son, who's torture is enough to get him into a battle rage were slain. Hypothetically this would probably allow him access to his raw power. Could that ensure his victory. Or would his possibly clouded judgement + the Sith beat him.

Nephthys
I'd say this goes the same way as ROT fight, with Bane and Zannah splitting up and the jedi being forced to deal with that by also splitting up. Luke isn't beating Bane in a hurry, I'm sure everyone can agree with that, and Zannah would beat Ben. Then, if Bane can hold out from Lukes darkside boosted attacks, Zannah should be able to sneak attack/blindside him. Even Luke can't take out these two at once.

kotorfan
all Luke has to do is hurl zannah away, and thats basically it. and continue fighting Bane. After awhile, both combatants will tire, and zannah will also be drained from being force pwned by Luke every time she comes close. but then Luke will eventually wear down. Zannah's style is designed to wear her opponents down, and Bane doesn't really get tired.. well at least I haven't seen/read about him being exhausted (except the temple attack with ka'ism)

idk.. but I think Bane/Zannah wins cuz Bane is powerful enough to delay Luke, and with the addition of Zannah, they can mess him up.

I'll admit that I do want to see Luke lose cuz hes a god everywhere and always wins.

Nephthys
Zannah blocked herself from a planet-glassing attack, levitated, and disintegrated an arm when she was about 12, but yeah, Luke can brush her aside like a bug.

Though ROT made her look like a total tool. sad

kotorfan
yup. lol

It was like: Zannah's style is made for wearing down opponents. then used ancient magic and epicly pwned someone, while distracted.

Hewhoknowsall
Couldn't Luke just station himself so that "not even the black hole at the center of the galaxy could move him"?

kotorfan
yeah but what would that accomplish? Bane would tear through him, since he wouldn't be able to dodge or anything.. cuz he is rooted to the ground so that

Raptor22
I'd go with team Luke here. I think the most likely scenario to play out would be the teams separate with luke fighting bane and ben fighting zannah. I dont see ben fighting bane or the teams being able to stay together the whole fight as a likely option. I think most agree that luke is above bane and zannah above ben, so next it goes to who would take out who first. Obviously if luke can dispatch bane before zannah can ben then she is screwed. I see this as not very likely but possible if ben is smart and gets a little help from his dad here and there. The more likely scenario in my eyes is zannah kills Ben before Luke does bane. (At this point I like to picture Luke hearing Mara's voice saying "u know what u have to do" or some shit like that). Unfortunately for zannah after cutting down Ben her life is pretty much forfeited, even with bane there I don't see her living for more than a minute after, leaving just bane and Luke then shortly after just Luke.

NewGuy01
From what I understand, NJO is a long series. Would you say this is closer to the DE timeline or LOTF? The winner majorly depends on this.

LOTF Luke would be able to easily toss around Zannah, and he could take out Bane in a decent fight.

It would go much as Raptor22 put it, I'd say.

I'm voting Team 1.

Ascendancy
Ben never had any amazing showings against opponents at this point. Zannah would be more than capable of defending herself against his attacks and likely able to turn the attack on him either with her saber or even more decidedly with the Force. Ben had almost zero mental training at this point and would be wiped by her sorcery with no issues. From what she showed even as a kid she has more than enough strength to overwhelm him with a direct offensive blast as well.

Bane can hold his own long enough for it to become two on one. As other said though, the question will be what happens when Ben falls and Luke gives in to the Darkside? Even then, I don't know that Luke will have enough to overwhelm an orbalisk-enhanced Bane with Zannah aiding him.

axel_jovan
Team 1.
If Zannah makes the mistake to kill Ben, she's toast.

LotF Luke has force feats that eclipse that of Bane, plus he's arguably the greatest saber duelsit of all time, and he has Shatterpoint which will help him to spot Orbalisk's weakness, which he can later explore with Emerald lightining...

In short, Bane is royally srewed.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by axel_jovan
Team 1.

LotF Luke has force feats that eclipse that of Bane, plus he's arguably the greatest saber duelsit of all time, and he has Shatterpoint which will help him to spot Orbalisk's weakness, which he can later explore with Emerald lightining...

Increadible synopsis. I agree.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by axel_jovan
Team 1.

On shatterpoint, even those who have noted it in other threads have spoken to the fact that it's not clear that it would be an effective means of attacking the orbs given their affinity for the Force.

As to the lighting, with Bane's proficiency in his own right it would certainly be no easy thing for Luke to strike him with sufficient power to damage the orbs either. He fell to his own unshielded lightning previously.

Jacen's specialty was arcane Force techniques, yet he held his own against Luke for a decent time. Bane has certainly demonstrated himself a superior duelist to Jacen/Caedus both in terms of raw speed and ability, and is aided by his armor and Force juicing. He is literally only vulnerable at the hands and head, and even then the strike must sever the entire hand/head or he will heal as if nothing has happened.

This is by no means a stomp for NJO Luke. Heck, again, it took him believing that Lumiya had killed Mara Jade for him to go after her hard enough to take her life. Luke only steps up to the plate if Ben falls early to Zannah. If she manages to simply incapacitate the boy rather than kill him so that both she and Bane can focus on Luke he falls.

The_Tempest
Last I checked, we don't factor in plot-induced stupidity or character idiosyncrasies when discussing these threads. Luke's restraint might hinder him in certain circumstances, but hasn't stopped him from unleashing a cosmic can of whoopass on a range of enemies from Vader to Sidious to Caedus to Abeloth.

Try harder.

Ascendancy
Actually he's held back on Vader, Sidious, and Caedus on more than one occasion.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Actually he's held back on Vader, Sidious, and Caedus on more than one occasion.

That does nothing to undermine my point, bro.

Arhael
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Luke, also, is known to go all-out because of Bane and at least ones he went even beyond his limits. Should we not take that into consideration too?

Rookwood
Originally posted by Arhael
Luke, also, is known to go all-out because of Bane and at least ones he went even beyond his limits. Should we not take that into consideration too?

Interesting. I didn't know Luke and Bane occupied the same era. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Arhael
Dagobar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.