What if the Empire invaded modern day earth (a MUCH MUCH more balanced one)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
300,000 stormtroopers
1,000,000 random conscripts with no combat experience and no armor
1000 AT-STs
50 AT-ATs
100,000 support units
1000 AA guns
200 tie fighters
1 imperial star destroyer, NO SHIELDS and no orbital bombardment
4 frigates, NO SHIELDS, and no orbital bombardment
Tarkin as commander

They have a complete map of the Earth

They have moderate level of intel about enemy armies, same amount as modern day countries generally know about each other

They get dropped off in South America and cannot be airlifted back up to the ships

They have supplies to last them across half of the diameter of the Earth one time.

The Earth is somehow excepting them and morale is somehow not an issue.

The Earth has a high level of intel about the Empire, as much as they do from reading Star Wars books/watching the movies

PLEASE SAY if this is a spite, and I will make the neccessary adjustments.

Slash_KMC
I really miss the good old one on one threads.

bane's heart
well you decreased the number of stormtroopers and at-at's. You did give them some ties and AA, but having an SD and frigates with no shielding or orbital stike makes them pretty much useless. But the 1,000,000 constrips could overwhelm and provide a distraction. overall i would say its more balaced

Janus Marius
Why is Russia involved in this conflict?

What's the point?

What's the point?

Thus they cannot effectively move but must work their way around the globe from South America with no transports.

Which means nothing because they can't effectively move around by way of air support or sea support, and they are sitting ducks for area bombardment since you've neutered their navy.

So evaluating Earth based on not having real life morale problems is a bit like arguing full-potential Anakin Skywalker. Next you'll be saying every single nation on earth goes into full armament mode. Real life warfare is determined mostly by breaking the will of the opponent. If you remove this element, then you've skewed the battle even more.

Earth has more intel? How come? No morale problems, a planet's worth of resources, and full intel? Skewed much?

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Janus Marius

What's the point?

What's the point?

Thus they cannot effectively move but must work their way around the globe from South America with no transports.

Which means nothing because they can't effectively move around by way of air support or sea support, and they are sitting ducks for area bombardment since you've neutered their navy.

So evaluating Earth based on not having real life morale problems is a bit like arguing full-potential Anakin Skywalker. Next you'll be saying every single nation on earth goes into full armament mode. Real life warfare is determined mostly by breaking the will of the opponent. If you remove this element, then you've skewed the battle even more.

Earth has more intel? How come? No morale problems, a planet's worth of resources, and full intel? Skewed much?

You forgot that he took away Vader. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Janus Marius
Yeah, removing Vader really just screwed this match. If there's no choaking, there's no victory.

Hewhoknowsall

What's the point?

What's the point?

Hey, it's not as good as +1 million stormtroopers, but it's better than nothing. Or do you want me to take them away?

My bad, by orbital bombardment I meant no heavy turbolasers or anything SUPER powerful; just light turboblasters and anti fighter systems.

OK then, they get 10000 transports with a speed of 80 mph

They have AA and tie fighters, plus they can capture ships and gain supplies via raiding. How about this: they managed to capture 1000 transport ships.

The Empire isn't subject to morale in this fight either, and besides we can't just have all of Earth surrendering instantly now, can we? That would be a boring thread.

Fine: they have moderate level intel, same as Empire has about us, OK?

So adding this, who wins?

Notice how I give into your demands and make adjustments? If you (like Lucien did) ignore my additions in your next post or any after, then we can consider them nullifyed.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
If you (like Lucien did) ignore my additions in your next post or any after, then we can consider them nullifyed.

Stop mentioning the Canadian.

He will start to feel important and we can't have that.

Janus Marius
It's just kind of silly to put random unskilled fodder in there and expect us to evaluate them in a global ground war.

That makes sense. I don't see how we can effectively argue the durability of the ships without shields though.

What kind of transports? Do they have shields? Do they have weapons? Why are they only able to move so slowly?

What kinds of ships? Random seaboats? Frigates of Ecuador? How will they have the training to use them? What tactical advantage does this offer?

This is where you fail again. You assume that morale crumbles immediately. Where is the historical predecent for this assumption?

Are you trying to appease me, or are you trying to make a fair thread? I suspect the former. Don't appease me. Make a fair thread. If you can't do that, try to gather up information before posting a match up. Your vague numbers and poorly thought out ideas here indicate that you haven't given this any deep thought.

Don't sling shit against the wall to see what sticks. Do some research.

What is this supposed to mean? So if I don't accept your additions as "fair" or "balancing", you'll just take them away? How stupid is that?

Grow up, please.

Hewhoknowsall
It's just kind of silly to put random unskilled fodder in there and expect us to evaluate them in a global ground war.

That makes sense. I don't see how we can effectively argue the durability of the ships without shields though.

What kind of transports? Do they have shields? Do they have weapons? Why are they only able to move so slowly?

What kinds of ships? Random seaboats? Frigates of Ecuador? How will they have the training to use them? What tactical advantage does this offer?

This is where you fail again. You assume that morale crumbles immediately. Where is the historical predecent for this assumption?

Are you trying to appease me, or are you trying to make a fair thread? I suspect the former. Don't appease me. Make a fair thread. If you can't do that, try to gather up information before posting a match up. Your vague numbers and poorly thought out ideas here indicate that you haven't given this any deep thought.

Don't sling shit against the wall to see what sticks. Do some research.

What is this supposed to mean? So if I don't accept your additions as "fair" or "balancing", you'll just take them away? How stupid is that?

Grow up, please.

Do you want them or not?

Based on the armor that they have.

They have no shields but are well armored enough to take several missiles. And these are land transports. They are armed with a light blaster cannon.

They have spent time and have gotten used to the ships. They are about the size of a destroyer and have similar armor to a destroyer as well. Tactical advantages? Strategically you could get the Imperials across the sea/launch amphibious assaults, tactically...I dunno.

I guess that you have a point. OK then, morale is allowed, but please don't say "oh the countries will all surrender" because (as you say here) they won't.

I have thought it out; I have the feeling that even if this were a perfect match up you'd still whine and complain.

No, I meant that if I say that they have 100 tie fighters and then later you say "oh it's not fair that they don't have tie fighters!" then that shows that you ignored my additions.

Janus Marius
Since when is this thread about appeasing me? I'm not here to dictate the thread. I could easily just make one for myself. What I am here to do is to make sure that this kind of thread is balanced, and not just "OMFG they win, moar numberz lol". You're trying to evaluate entire armies across a global conflict, and all you want to do is dumb it down to numbers.

My point was that people have to now evaluate the durability of said armor against conventional weapons. A large part of Imperial Navy defenses are in their incredible shields.

What kind? Do you have a specific type of land transport? What are its advantages? What are its disavantages? Did you even put any thought into that?

Evaluating armed forces is a LOT more than just sheer numbers.

So the Imps just found time to grab and learn to use all those boats? And what ports are they using? How do they refuel them? How much of their forces is dedicated to securing key ports? Are they just randomly using boats with okay proficiency just so you can dodge the bullet of this being skewed?

I haven't argued that. Not all things are absolutes. There's so many variables here that I would say you could never make a conclusive, final answer, only speculate on each sides' strengths and weaknesses. No, the world won't cave in within hours of fighting the Imps, but then again, they won't likely be able to maintain constant fighting in some areas. South America is highly destablized politically, and covered with tropics and mountains. This would make both offense and defense very slow.

No, that's not true. I'm simply pointing out instances where you've glossed over important details, or rendered them unimportant just for the sake of slinging out another large scale war which is dumbed down to tech advantage and numerical advantage.

War isn't that simple.

When have I done so? And why even then would you just pull the reinforcements back? To further imbalance the thread because one person didn't include them?

Hewhoknowsall
Since when is this thread about appeasing me? I'm not here to dictate the thread. I could easily just make one for myself. What I am here to do is to make sure that this kind of thread is balanced, and not just "OMFG they win, moar numberz lol". You're trying to evaluate entire armies across a global conflict, and all you want to do is dumb it down to numbers.

My point was that people have to now evaluate the durability of said armor against conventional weapons. A large part of Imperial Navy defenses are in their incredible shields.

What kind? Do you have a specific type of land transport? What are its advantages? What are its disavantages? Did you even put any thought into that?

Evaluating armed forces is a LOT more than just sheer numbers.

So the Imps just found time to grab and learn to use all those boats? And what ports are they using? How do they refuel them? How much of their forces is dedicated to securing key ports? Are they just randomly using boats with okay proficiency just so you can dodge the bullet of this being skewed?

I haven't argued that. Not all things are absolutes. There's so many variables here that I would say you could never make a conclusive, final answer, only speculate on each sides' strengths and weaknesses. No, the world won't cave in within hours of fighting the Imps, but then again, they won't likely be able to maintain constant fighting in some areas. South America is highly destablized politically, and covered with tropics and mountains. This would make both offense and defense very slow.

No, that's not true. I'm simply pointing out instances where you've glossed over important details, or rendered them unimportant just for the sake of slinging out another large scale war which is dumbed down to tech advantage and numerical advantage.

War isn't that simple.

When have I done so? And why even then would you just pull the reinforcements back? To further imbalance the thread because one person didn't include them?

It's not. I'm just wondering why you don't want them/if you don't want them.

IDK

I am well aware of that. They are jeep like structured land transports (obviously they can't hold everyone). They can travel on most types of terrain. They have a light blaster cannon. They ride on wheels.

How much force they commit to securing ports depends on how smart Tarkin is.

I agree, I'm just saying not to say that.

I know that war isn't that simple. I did give you details on how their troops are. How good Tarkin is is debatable. I gave you supplies. I gave you starting position. What else do you want?

I never said you did. I said IF you did, just like how Lucien annoyingly does.

Janus Marius
I'm arguing that the utility of a million unsubstantiated newbies only makes the thread more complex than it needs to be.

So the Imps are mobilizing their forces on jeeps in South America?

How do we measure Tarkin's proficiency in ground/jeep/seaboat captain when he is strictly speaking an admiral first. His position as Grand Moff indicates that he is a governor of a sector, but he must rely on generals and admirals beneath him to achieve his goals.

You're putting him in an unusual situation and expecting us to judge him in that situation with no precedent.

I'd like for you to admit that these large scale war threads are a hotbed of uncertainty because we can't evaluate all variables accurately and there's no clear-cut winner if you cannot do that. Even making this thread, you didn't understand all the variables you would be required to provide in order for this thread to be adequately judged. If the intention is just to make an opinion thread, you can make a simple poll and cut out the details.

Hewhoknowsall
For ANY vs thread that isn't a spite you can't 100% dictate the winner. I'm just asking you who, with the info that I gave you, would win at this point in the thread?

Gideon
Tarkin, for the record, is regarded as a tactical genius by both the official website and Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.

kotorfan
Originally posted by bane's heart
well you decreased the number of stormtroopers and at-at's. You did give them some ties and AA, but having an SD and frigates with no shielding or orbital stike makes them pretty much useless. But the 1,000,000 constrips could overwhelm and provide a distraction. overall i would say its more balaced

that was the point..

Lord Lucien
It's not. I'm just wondering why you don't want them/if you don't want them.

IDK

I am well aware of that. They are jeep like structured land transports (obviously they can't hold everyone). They can travel on most types of terrain. They have a light blaster cannon. They ride on wheels.

How much force they commit to securing ports depends on how smart Tarkin is.

I agree, I'm just saying not to say that.

I know that war isn't that simple. I did give you details on how their troops are. How good Tarkin is is debatable. I gave you supplies. I gave you starting position. What else do you want?

I never said you did. I said IF you did, just like how Lucien annoyingly does. Is anyone else actually getting a kick out of this guy's obliviousness?

kotorfan
w/e guys lets just debate/talk about who wins.(imps/earth) Not about who wins. (as in u guys)

Lord Lucien
Cuz we all I know that I`m Win.

kotorfan
lol. only u? not anyone else?.. well since ur God i guess u win.

mattatom
Yes Plo is God now bow before him so he dosn't freeze you in a creek!

kotorfan
quote got messed up.

and Janus is a god also.

Hewhoknowsall
So here is the updated version:

300,000 stormtroopers:

200,000 regular infantry
50,000 snipers
50,000 heavy weapons

1,000,000 random conscripts with no combat experience and no armor (hey, it's better than nothing)

1000 AT-STs

50 AT-ATs

100,000 support units (like medics and engineers)

1000 AT-AAs

200 tie fighters

1 imperial star destroyer, NO SHIELDS and no orbital bombardment as in heavy weapons, but still light laser cannons/other light weapons

4 frigates, same shields as above

10000 jeep like transport with a closed cockpit, a light laser gun mounted on a turret, can go at 80 mph and has armor about a quarter as thick as an AT-ST. Can travel over most terrain.

10000 sea transports that the Empire captured half the size of a destroyer with armor about equal to that of a destroyer. Lightly armed.

1000 elite shadow troopers

10 tie interceptors

Tarkin as commander

They have a complete map of the Earth

They have moderate level of intel about enemy armies, same amount as modern day countries generally know about each other

They get dropped off in South America and cannot be airlifted back up to the ships

They have supplies to last them across half of the diameter of the Earth one time.

The Earth is excepting them and their forces are semi mobilized.

The Earth has a moderate level of intel about the Empire

Now BASED ON WHAT I GAVE YOU, who would win? Right now don't focus on whether or not it's a spite, just say who would WIN and WHY.

Slash_KMC
Why. Why do you keep trying to make the perfect Empire Vs Earth thread? You won't win some kind of prize by making one.

Just let it go. You made a spite thread, no one would have cared if you didn't whine so much about it.

kotorfan
yeah srsly. its just not necessary. Empire vs. Earth is over now. Just move on, and relax for a week. Go buy the newest starwars book, or watch some anime or something. Rent some movies, or in my case, study for finals.

You should really try and heed the advice of others. We are only trying to make life easier for you here, but you seem intent on making it worse. Why don't you just drop the topic?

I want to post my vs thread now.

Hewhoknowsall
You guys know that I'm trying to make it more balanced, right?

BASED ON THE THREAD SO FAR, who wins?

kotorfan
dude this is old now.. lol

idk

earth just cuz.. lol

brb lunch.

Hewhoknowsall
So Kotorfan thinks that Earth wins.

Who else wants to voice their opinion (what's wrong with me asking people to do that?)

Lord Lucien
Well it's repetitive for one. What else is this place for?

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

It's MORE BALANCED, just like how you wanted it to be. Happy? I did just want you wanted for me to do, and yet you STILL complain.

Lord Lucien
Who else wants to voice their opinion (what's wrong with me asking people to do that?)

Originally posted by Me

You asked a question, I answered it. Stop complaining.

Hewhoknowsall
You asked a question, I answered it. Stop complaining.

That was just a side question. I'm asking you who do you think will win?

Lord Lucien
No idea, I couldn't be bothered reading it.

Hewhoknowsall
No idea, I couldn't be bothered reading it.

See? When I try to balance the thread and appease you, you ignore me.

I apologize to you, and yet you ignore me. Why?

Lord Lucien
Because you're annoying. Doi.

Red Nemesis
laughing

Bonus thread: Only read the comments after noez's second post and have him on ignore. F'in hilarious.

(Also: mental edit any quote of him out of the picture. kontext kills komedy.)

Lord Lucien
I'm three of his retarded posts away from Ignoring him.

Red Nemesis
Three?

Now join us.

kotorfan
dude guys how about:

accept hewhoknowsall's apology and we ALL can move on.

to bigger and better things than crap like this every day. Its a waste of my life reading posts like:

"STOP BASHING ME"

"Nevahh!"

"ACCEPT MY APOLOGY NOW!!!"

"NEVER"

"YOU TURNED THE POSTERS AGAINST ME"

"No you did that yourself"

"Come on, for old time's sake, I don't want to swear at you"

"I will report you to the mods if I must..."

"You will try..."

*battle starts*

Red Nemesis
"STOP BASHING ME"

"Nevahh!"

"ACCEPT MY APOLOGY NOW!!!"

"NEVER"

"YOU TURNED THE POSTERS AGAINST ME"

"No you did that yourself"

"Come on, for old time's sake, I don't want to swear at you"

"I will report you to the mods if I must..."

"You will try..."

See what you did? Now I'll have to respond with this to everything you do if it annoys me.

(My solution would also work, and it lets me in on some drama that I missed while I was out of town.)

kotorfan
what? I didn't think it would offend anyone.. I was just trying to lighten the mood...

Red Nemesis
What? Someone was offended?

Look:

You are tired of all types of posts.

"Nemesis, stop it."

*doesn't stop*

Wuz un joke?

~:Mr.Anderson:~
wow. he apologizes but continues to make lame-ass threads like this.

f@g.

kotorfan
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
What? Someone was offended?

Look:

You are tired of all types of posts.

"Nemesis, stop it."

*doesn't stop*

Wuz un joke?

yeah but I was referring to this:

idk.. maybe it was sarcarsm or irony or w/e, or maybe i'm just too tired, but it somehow registered as u being annoyed for some reason.

Eminence
Nemesis has no feelings. He's just here for you to bounce shit off of.

kotorfan
lol. ur so funny sometimes.

Red Nemesis
No. If I am ever annoyed by you then I will have to use this tactic. While I can see that interpretation (the double meaning of 'if you annoyed me, then I'll use it-> I just used it, therefore you've annoyed me) is evident upon a re-read. I did not intend it at all.

I've been very unclear in posts today. Maybe 2morrow or the next day will go better.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Eminence
Nemesis has no feelings. He's just here for you to bounce shit off of.

I h8 u.

Remember when posted an essay and asked for an edit and I did it but by the time I posted it he'd erased his message and said nvmind? I now blame you for that, and YOU are my next target.

That's right. It's on!

(jklol i luv u & it is not on b/c i dont wanna be in a fite i mite los.)

kotorfan
which friend r u talking about?

Red Nemesis
I'm not sure I remember. He's not from KMC.

Lord Lucien
Publius?

Eminence
Zootsuit? Dragon Bard?

Red Nemesis
Probably Zootsuit.

that's sexy.

RaidenDeadpool
I'd just kill Lucas and then the whole "Empire" would cease to exist.

It would be like a "kill Dracula and all his mions die with him" effect. Hahaha.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Remember when posted an essay and asked for an edit and I did it but by the time I posted it he'd erased his message and said nvmind? I now blame you for that, and YOU are my next target.

Hah, I had a good laugh from that. Thank you again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.