What is the best comic book movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Indestructible
There were some good ones. If yours isnt on the list then please comment and say which one was the best IYO

IMO it is def the dark knight!

chomperx9
my favorite was elektra just kidding

id give my vote to dark knight followed by batman returns then spiderman 2

SnakeEyes
The Dark Knight, followed by Spider-Man 2.

xJLxKing
Dark knight, Spider-man, or Iron man.

They were all good!

roughrider
The Dark Knight by a nose - Iron Man, X-Men 2 & Spider Man 2 are REALLY close behind it.

Darth Macabre
The Incredible Hulk. There's just so much depth to it that is often overlooked because of the abomination that was Ang Lee's Hulk.

BruceSkywalker
The Dark Knight

jcvaldez
I think Iron Man is better

Slaanesh
Iron Man and Dark Knight..the Dark Knight was good just because of the Joker..not because of Batman..

chomperx9
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Iron Man and Dark Knight..the Dark Night was good just because of the Joker..not because of Batman.. oh right clooney did a much better job at playing the part batman than bale correct ?

Slaanesh
Originally posted by chomperx9
oh right clooney did a much better job at playing the part batman than bale correct ?

nope..i don't like any of the previous Batman movie..Bale was ok as batman..but i just think that the movie was so good because of the joker..Batman was just ok..

StiltmanFTW
1. TDK

2. Iron Man

3. S-M 2

PRAYERRUN
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Dark knight, Spider-man, or Iron man.

They were all good!

Darth Martin
1. The Dark Knight
2. Watchmen
3. Iron Man
4. V for Vendetta
5. Batman Begins
6. Blade II
7. 300
8. Spiderman 2

jcvaldez
1. Iron Man
2. The Dark Knight
3. Batman Begins
4. 300
5. X-men 2
6. Superman 1

PRAYERRUN
Spider-man 2 was great, Dark Knight AND Batman Begins were too good, and Iron Man was pretty good in it's own right. Electra was actually surprisingly good for me. Ghost Rider was pretty good too.

DeathKap
Ironman
Incredible Hulk
Wolverine Xmen origins(sorry)
Dark Knight
Spider Man 2

WO Polaski
1.spiderman 2
2.iron man
3.the incredible hulk
4.spiderman
5.dark knight (bale is just a really lame actor, and heaths performance is somewhat overrated imo)

Kazenji
Originally posted by WO Polaski

5.dark knight (bale is just a really lame actor, )

And how many movies have you seen Bale in, going by that it seems to be only TDK.

PRAYERRUN
Bale would make an excelent Nick Fury though.

Philosophía
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins/V for Vendetta

WO Polaski
Originally posted by Kazenji
And how many movies have you seen Bale in, going by that it seems to be only TDK.

equilibrium
American psycho
harsh times
reign of fire
terminator:salvation
public enemies
dark knight
batman begins

of those movies i felt that he was shit in begins, dark knight, public enemies, salvation, and equilibrium.

jcvaldez

Christian Bale is a fantastic actor!

Kazenji
Indeed.

Alpha Centauri
The Dark Knight.

It's not my favourite but I think it's the best done.

-AC

Ryo 666
TDN followed by IM and then Hulk.

steverules_2
Spiderman 2, loved it and it had the best ever comic book movie fight, Doc Ock vs Spiderman train fight

Darth Martin
The Dark Knight and Watchmen

PRAYERRUN
Honestly, I expected more out of Scarecrow in a movie.

kgkg
I really enjoyed the new Hulk movie.

Indestructible
Mine would have to go(gonna kick myself in the head for forgetting watchmen)

1. The Dark Knight
2. Iron Man
3. Watchmen
4. Spider-Man 2
5. The Crow

Darth Martin
Originally posted by kgkg
I really enjoyed the new Hulk movie. I didn't care for it. Norton is great. But Liv Tyler was distractingly bad. I laughed everytime she opened her mouth from the midpoint of the picture on up.

Mindship
All things considered (story, cast, FX)...Iron Man.

Tie for 2nd place: Spider-Man 2 and Superman 2. Spidey had a good story, by far the better FX (I still get chills watching him swing through the city), but loses with Mcquire and Dunst; Superman 2 had a great story, much better cast, but poor FX by today's standards (Superman Returns, on the other hand, gives me the chills with the whole plane scene, but the story, Roth and Bosworth didn't do it for me).

Solid 3rd place: Batman Begins, mainly because I'm not a Batman fan and CGI FX were minimal, but it was very, very realistic. I mean, this was the first Batman film where I could really accept Batman happening.

Darth Martin
Where's The Dark Knight or Watchmen? TDK eclipses 'Begins in my book. Iron Man was cool but the story wasn't anything special. Just a great potrayal by Downey and great FX(preferred it over the first Transformers). Overall Iron Man is let down by the weak climax and the lack of action. There are only really 4 action scenes: Break-Out, Mark II, Gulmira, and Climax.

The Dark Knight had a better story, far superior cast, and better action. It was actually an intense experience. And instead of one great performance in Downey Jr., there were 2 great performances in TDK in Ledger and Eckhart. Not to mention everyone else was truly solid. All of the action scenes in TDK are well done by Nolan: Bank Heist, Hong Kong, Police Chase, Hospital/Lambo, Climax.

Watchmen is the same as TDK just to a lesser degree. I agree with you on Spiderman 2. Great action, loved Molina as Ock but Dunst and Toby suck. If the actor in the lead role sucks then the film most likely will be bad. I enjoyed Spiderman 2 however. 1 and 3 just weren't good for me.

The Incredibles, V for Vendetta, and Blade II are all personal favorites of mine.

Mindship
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Where's The Dark Knight or Watchmen? TDK eclipses 'Begins in my book. Iron Man was cool but the story wasn't anything special. Just a great potrayal by Downey and great FX(preferred it over the first Transformers). Overall Iron Man is let down by the weak climax and the lack of action. There are only really 4 action scenes: Break-Out, Mark II, Gulmira, and Climax.

The Dark Knight had a better story, far superior cast, and better action. It was actually an intense experience. And instead of one great performance in Downey Jr., there were 2 great performances in TDK in Ledger and Eckhart. Not to mention everyone else was truly solid. All of the action scenes in TDK are well done by Nolan: Bank Heist, Hong Kong, Police Chase, Hospital/Lambo, Climax.

Watchmen is the same as TDK just to a lesser degree. I agree with you on Spiderman 2. Great action, loved Molina as Ock but Dunst and Toby suck. If the actor in the lead role sucks then the film most likely will be bad. I enjoyed Spiderman 2 however. 1 and 3 just weren't good for me.
H'm. I can't really disagree with you about Iron Man, ie, there were no scenes which gave me the chills (eg, like with SpdrMan 2); I just thought it had the best mix of all the important elements. Plus: no man in tights. As well as it might work in the comic book medium, on screen men in tights/spandex, well, starts to look silly if one looks too closely. The armor, however, was quite kickass.

Watchmen: the film was too long given the relative lack of high-intensity CGI FX (though Dr. Manhattan was superb). Not that I like Transformer 2 intensity (my eyeballs are still vibrating from that one); more like kind of what you were saying with Iron Man is why I'm not ranking Watchmen higher.

TDK: also a bit long for my tastes, and Heath Ledger...he gave a great performance, but I miss the high-intensity CGI. TDK did bypass the man-in-tights thing, which was good. But also, as I mentioned before, I'm not a Batman fan, so no doubt that's skewing my appraisal of the film.

Darth Martin
Agreed, the armor was cool and original. On the contrare I thought the scene in Gulmira was jawdropping b/c we had not seen that before. More jawdropping than anything in Spiderman 2.

I don't mind a long film if it's entertaining. There wasn't a single moment in TDK or Watchmen where I felt "they should have cut this". Transformers 2 on the other hand..............that movie had NO business whatsoever being how long it was. High intensity CHI is Transformers by Michael Bay. TDK's lack of CGI was what made the film somewhat realistic atleast compared to other films of it's genre. The film transcended it's genre.

Alpha Centauri
They shouldn't have cut anything in Watchmen because they cut enough out of it anyway.

The film shouldn't have been made.

The book cost WAYYY less to make and still managed to be leagues better.

-AC

Kazenji
Thank god for the directors cut thats coming to the dvd but still i wonder how much is put back into the film.

Darth Martin
I've never read the graphic novel so the film as is didn't bother me.

Alpha Centauri
You call yourself a comic fan?

-AC

SnakeEyes
Thank god for the directors cut thats coming to the dvd but still i wonder how much is put back into the film.

25-30 minutes worth I believe is how much they put back into the film. What scenes those'll be, I have no idea, but we'll see in a couple weeks.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You call yourself a comic fan? Considering most "comic fan"s say The Dark Knight Returns is one of the best graphic novels of all time, which I didn't think was that great, tells me that everyone has an opinion. Besides I don't think you have to read Watchmen to be a "comic fan". It may be a great read and I'm sure it is. But there are limitations at the moment that prevent me from reading it: money.

In short: I'll be sure to get around to it first chance I get. wink And yes, I do consider myself a "comic fan".

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
25-30 minutes worth I believe is how much they put back into the film. What scenes those'll be, I have no idea, but we'll see in a couple weeks. The "Extreme" Cut which isn't due out until winter will include the "Squid". Not the Director's Cut. Just a head's up if you didn't know.

Kris Blaze
Seems like Watchmen isn't an opinion.

Barring that, Hulk.

SnakeEyes
The "Extreme" Cut which isn't due out until winter will include the "Squid".

Will the squid be part of the special features? Because from all I've read, the "Extreme" Cut just has the Black Freighter stuff incorporated into the film.

Alpha Centauri
I just find it hilarious that over three hours and an additional DVD later, and they still haven't come close to fitting everything in.

Lesson; leave Alan Moore's stories the f*ck alone.

-AC

Darth Martin
LXG was bad, granted, but I found V for Vendetta and Watchmen great.

Kris Blaze
Seriously though, Unbreakable was undoubtedly the best one.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Unbreakable01.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Unbreakable02.jpg

Kazenji
Did'nt M Night Shaylaman at one point had plans for sequals for that movie??

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Seriously though, Unbreakable was undoubtedly the best one. I disagree although it might find a way somewhere in my top ten. It's a good film. Love the part at the end where Mr. Glass reveals all of his plans and evil schemes.

Kris Blaze
I disagree although it might find a way somewhere in my top ten. It's a good film. Love the part at the end where Mr. Glass reveals all of his plans and evil schemes.

Yeah, that is a really strong scene. "Now that we know who you are, I know who I am..."

Did'nt M Night Shaylaman at one point had plans for sequals for that movie??

I think the Box Office "flop" killed any plans of sequels. Which is a shame considering Jackson's will and talent in that area.

Alpha Centauri
LXG was bad, granted, but I found V for Vendetta and Watchmen great.

They're shit compared to the books.

Loads of stuff was sacrificed, endings and characters were changed. You just can't make movies of Moore's books. They never work in comparison.

-AC

Raoul
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Seriously though, Unbreakable was undoubtedly the best one.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Unbreakable01.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Unbreakable02.jpg

i really, really liked that movie... sad

Kazenji
A History Of Violence is another good one not that i've read the comic.

Tattoos N Scars
The Watchmen actually bored me...I didn't really care for it.

My picks are:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Spiderman 2 and 3
3. Incredible Hulk
4. Iron Man

The way the G.I. Joe previews look....I may be adding it to the list.

Darth Martin
The Hulk above Iron Man? Spider-Man 3? Reasons?

A History Of Violence is another good one not that i've read the comic. I think it's overrated.

Magee
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
They're shit compared to the books.

Loads of stuff was sacrificed, endings and characters were changed. You just can't make movies of Moore's books. They never work in comparison.

-AC Ignoring any relation to there paper counter parts both movies were still very good.

Kazenji
The Hulk above Iron Man? Spider-Man 3? Reasons?

I think it's overrated.

how is it overated ?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Magee
Ignoring any relation to there paper counter parts both movies were still very good.

That's what we call "Being retarded" though.

If you have to ignore the source for it to be good...

-AC

Galan007
v for vendetta
iron man

chomperx9
TDK
iron man
X2
incredible hulk

Darth Martin
how is it overated ? Just don't think it's anywhere near as good as most people say it is. I thought it was okay, but not great.

Philosophía
The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
V for Vendetta

batdude123
The Dark Knight by far.

chomperx9
Originally posted by batdude123
The Dark Knight by far. agreed

galactusischere
X2 then Dark knight

Darth Martin
X2 ahead of The Dark Knight? Why? How?

Prep-Man
Ghost World>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything on the list, IMO. It was a perfect, little movie of a gem.

Next would be Tom Hank's in Road To Perdition. Hey, technically these are comic book movies.

Now, if we're just talking about super-heroes, then The Dark Knight wins in a landslide. Counting everything from the acting, cinematography, directing, Awesome Soundtrack, the pacing, etc...

Tim Burton's Batman wins in terms of atmosphere. Best Batman movie in terms of atmosphere. And had great lines as well.

Iron Man, X2, and Batman Begins are all pretty much equal, IMO. With some pros and cons to them.

Forgot to add Sin City. A notch below TDK. Robert Rodriguez is a personal fav, so...

Xplosive
1.) X2
2.) V for Vendetta

the ninjak
1- Blade 2
2- Hellboy
3- Howard the Duck
4- The Crow
5- TMNT
6- Batman (Burton)

Impediment
In-f*cking-credible.

Only one person here has said Sin City, so far.

Sin City is, in my earnest opinion, the best comic book film ever.

Runners up are X-2, The Crow, Iron Man 2, Blade, and Spider-Man 2.

chomperx9
FF silver surfer

Darth Martin
What the f**k?

jinXed by JaNx
Hellboy/Hellboy2
The Crow
Nortons Hulk
Constantine
Dark Knight
Kick Ass
Watchmen

Konton
Sin City
VfV

majid86
Blade

axelraptor
1)Dark Knight
2)X2
3)Blade
4)Spider-man 2

basilisk
If I had to choose one, I guess I'd go with Dark Knight. I liked the story, the acting, the music, effects, directing etc. Overall very good and only a few very minor dislikes.

Some other ones I thought were very good (as entertainment at least, not necessarily artistically):
X-Men trilogy (I kind of like 2 best these days)
Blade 1 & 2
Spider-Man 1 & 2 (although there are aspects of both I don't like)
Iron Man
Watchmen
Batman Begins
Superman 1 & 2 - I liked the first part of Superman 1 the better than the rest of the movie though.
Crow - I enjoyed it from what I remember.

Others:
Hulk (reboot) - not bad.
Blade 3 (didn't work very well and disappointing IMO but watchable)
Hellboy 1 & 2 - OK but should have been better.
Ghost Rider - just didn't seem to work.
Daredevil - didn't like it at the cinema, but the director's cut was decent IMO. Didn't like the main two actors much though.
Batman 89 - a few good aspects here and there but overall didn't work IMO
Batman Forever - not good but watchable I think because the Batman/Robin aspect was done OK.
LXG - if I totally ignore the comic and just watch it as a film I think it's an OK timewaster. But the story isn't very good.
Spawn - OK I guess but far from great.
V - didn't quite work but OK I guess.

Really disliked:
Superman Returns - a couple of good scenes, just a crap movie though
Elektra - crap
Catwoman - just crap
Hulk (Ang Lee) - acting/plot/CGI/design not good, directing all wrong, unnecessary plot elements, ending just an absolute mess. A cinematic abortion IMO. But each to his own I know some people liked it.
Batman Returns - a dark mess
Batman and Robin - camp crap

freakybinx
here's my top ten 1. batman 89 and batman returns 2. the crow 1-4 3. punisher, punisher remake, punisher warzone 4. spiderman, iron man, the incredible hulk 5. supergirl, superman 6. freddy kruegar movies,the warriors, the lost boys movies 7. swampthing, the return of swampthing 8. tank girl, electra directors cut, 9. constantine, v for vendetta, hellboy 1and 2 10. spawn, alien vs predator

darthmaul1
1. dark knight (i know people say it's over rated, but if you think about it if it was just a cop movie and not a superhero it would of been up for best picture)
2. batman begins.
3. ironman
4. xmen
5.xmen 2
6. iron man 2
7. x-men 3
8 wolverine
9 the incredible hulk
10. superman (although it's dated now, i think nolan is either rebooting it completely or atleast ignoring superman returns)
11 superman 2 (richard donner version)
12 the punisher (thomas jane version)
Thats all i can think of for now.

spidermanrocks
The Dark Knight is the best comic book movie by far. I don't know how the rest of the list goes but these are the comic book films that I enjoyed the most:

Batman Begins & The Dark Knight
Superman 1, 2, and The Richard Donner Cut
Spider-Man 1 & 2
X-Men 1 & 2
Iron Man 1 & 2
Punisher: War Zone
The Incredible Hulk
Kick-Ass

This list includes the comic book films that have superheroes only. There are too many if you count the non-superhero films that I have to include in the list. The superhero films that are not on this list are films that I have not seen or liked. If I missed any good comic book films, I will come back here and list them.

Bouboumaster
1- By far, the best comic book movie ever is Unbreakable.
2- Sin City
3- The Dark Knight / Iron Man / Batman Return / The Watchmen / V for Vendetta
4- X-Men 2 / Spider-Man 2 / Batman '89
5- Blade / Blade 2

willRules
Scott Pilgrim

spidermanrocks
Originally posted by willRules
Scott Pilgrim

I have to see that movie so badly. I loved the first two volumes. I can't wait to see it (I will see it when I read all volumes).

willRules
It's a great adaptation. The book was made to be a movie.

MightySAXON
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
Bale would make an excelent Nick Fury though.
clint eastwood but he's too old would be hands down the best fury

srankmissingnin
Road to Perdition and a History of Violence are the best "Comic Book" Movies, the best "Super Hero" movies are Spider-man 2, Iron Man, and X-2. Yes, I think all those movies are better than the Dark Knight. I have a ton of problems with the Dark Knight, not the least of which is the acting, some dubbious casting choices and the fact it completely misses the point of the Joker (and Batman for that matter), and I fell that Batman Begins is a superior movie.

Free_Assange
RED is the best, notable mentions, History of Violence and Kick Ass. Best comic book film that's not from a comic, Unbreakable. Most honest adaptation Watchmen, **** you Alan Moore Snyder tried so hard, give him the respect he is due.

GRIMNIR
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
The Incredible Hulk. There's just so much depth to it that is often overlooked because of the abomination that was Ang Lee's Hulk.

Ang Lee's Hulk is much better movie than the reboot
You seriously saying there is depth to the reboot?
It shows the origin of Hulk in a crappy credit montage FFS, how much more shallow can you get

Mr Parker
There are some really great ones that are so much better than the ones mentioned here that havent been mentioned.they are so much better than at LEAST 3 of them listed here.
The only one I see listed that is on my favorites list is The Dark Knight.

These are my favorites.
1.The Dark Knight.
2.Batman Begins.

the rest,these three anyways, are in no particular order.
Superman I and Superman II and now Thor.

until Thor, IronMan was easily by far the best marvel comicbook movie ever made,hands down,no contest,none of the others even came close but I would say Thor is twice as good as Ironman and thats saying a lot.

Then Road To Perdition
then Electra.
Sin City.

jrodslam
For me top tier are: Batman 89, Batman Returns, Spider-Man 2, Ironman, Dark Knight, Daredevil DC, Watchmen, Sin City, X2, First Class, FF, Blade 2, Superman 1&2.

Havent seen Thor. Going to see GL this weekend.

CPT Space Bomb
Personal Ranking:

1. The Dark Knight (just beats out Iron Man)
2. Iron Man
3. Spider-Man
4. Batman Begins
5. X-men First Class

Scoobless
Originally posted by GRIMNIR
Ang Lee's Hulk is much better movie than the reboot

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

You just made my day! that's the funniest thing I've read in weeks.

laughing out loud

Prep-Man
Does the Watchmen count? I enjoyed this just as much as TDK. I would say...

Watchmen/TDK
Batman Begins
Iron Man/Superman
Spider-Man 2/X-2.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Free_Assange
, **** you Alan Moore Snyder tried so hard, give him the respect he is due.

Yeah Alan Moore can get ****ed these days grumpy old man.

Galan007
In no particular order...

V For Vendetta
Watchmen
Iron Man
X-Men First Class

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Galan007
In no particular order...

V For Vendetta
Watchmen
Iron Man
X-Men First Class

This list. Plus I'll add Batman Begins & TDK, Hellboy 2, Blade 1 & 2, Thor, and Spiderman 2.

Prep-Man
i keep forgetting sin city. one of the best.

MrMind
superman (1978)
TDK
the mask
batman (1989)
constantine
a history of violence (still not cronenberg best work)
the crow
sin city

Don Corleone
1. Dark Knight
2. Thor
3. Batman Begins
4. Ironman
5. X-Men : First Class

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.