Your favourite Horror 'Short Stories'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
Lets av em then smile

One of mine would be 'Survivers type' By 'Stephen King' - Its about a surgeon who gets stranded on an island and - high on heroin and low on food, forces himself to begin eating himself... eek!

This story disturbed me quite a bit to be fair

'Clive Barker's ' The Madonna' is quite strange too. A bunch of sexy(Angels?..Demons?) lurk deep within a smimming leisure centre and they can change you into the opposite sex overnight! ohhhhhhhh

There are many more i like but lets see what you can come up with smile

Omgu8mynewt
Stephen King rules at short horror - more of a psychological thriller than horror but my fav is Apt Pupil, about a seemingly perfect boy who tries to blackmail a on the run Nazi but then the story gets really twisted. Dark stuff.

I also used to read the goosebumps stories that scared me embarrasment

Captain REX
Definitely a fan of Stephen King's short horror stories. I picked up one of his collections, 'Everything's Eventual,' and '1408' will always be one of my favorites. It's all down to the psychological aspects of his writing that gives you the willies.

Kero_Co
While the man has his faults, Hypnos by H.P. Lovecraft stands out in my mind. Probably my favorite story by him.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Captain REX
Definitely a fan of Stephen King's short horror stories. I picked up one of his collections, 'Everything's Eventual,' and '1408' will always be one of my favorites. It's all down to the psychological aspects of his writing that gives you the willies.

Those stories are awesome. Those two are imho the best in that collection, but what really freaked me out was "The Road Virus Heads North".

Impediment
Anything by Richard Matheson is gold. My faves are Nightmare at 20,000 Feet and Prey.

teamB_macro
definitely something that stephen king wrote. the skeleton crew anthology was noteworthy for me with shorts like the mist, the monkey, the jaunt, word processor of the gods, among others. and there's langoliers which was also made a film.

teamB_macro
apart from stephen king, i also find m.r. james' stories haunting in the British medieval kind of sense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.