Gladiator vs Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Nihilist
Current versions,Bloodlust in on

Fight on a desolate planet.

JakeTheBank
Horseface FTW

Spire
Split.

leonidas
bill.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Spire
Split.

guy222
BRB

Enyalus
Gladiator wins.

Slaanesh
Glad

bbrem123
BRB

occultdestroyer
Gladiator.

Marvel should stop messing him up, and focus on his powerset.

BruceSkywalker
Beta Ray Bill

carver9
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Gladiator.

Marvel should stop messing him up, and focus on his powerset.

Lately they have been doing good with him but its not the mess up thats in question in this fight; brb is just a f****** beast.

Every title that gladiator holds, beta ray bill holds the same thing (except flying at 100 times the speed of light.)

This is a good fight and I'm undecided.

Enyalus
Glads has also been using his speed lately. A lot.

This should go similar to how the Gladiator/Masterson fight went, or Gladiator/Thor the first time. Except that BRB is more durable than Masterson and doesn't have the 60 second rule on Stormbreaker, meaning Gladiator would need to land more blows in order to take BRB out. That's why this fight is 6-7/10 in Kallark's favor instead of 8-9/10.

carver9
Originally posted by Enyalus
Glads has also been using his speed lately. A lot.

This should go similar to how the Gladiator/Masterson fight went, or Gladiator/Thor the first time. Except that BRB is more durable than Masterson and doesn't have the 60 second rule on Stormbreaker, meaning Gladiator would need to land more blows in order to take BRB out. That's why this fight is 6-7/10 in Kallark's favor instead of 8-9/10.

I disagree, both have been blitzing and using there super speed.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/9219/img018k.jpg

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/2520/stormbreaker0308io5.jpg

http://g.imagehost.org/view/0840/OmegaFlight_5_0004
http://g.imagehost.org/view/0504/OmegaFlight_5_0005

Spire
Lol.

Where is the blitz?

carver9
Originally posted by Spire
Lol.

Where is the blitz?

Look and you'll see.

Spire
Lol.

Actually, will you explain to me what a blitz is?

carver9
Originally posted by Spire
Lol.

Actually, will you explain to me what a blitz is?

Well two of them is a bull rush at super speed and one contains a blitz (hitting star dust multiples of times, basically showing signs of fast hand movements).

Spire
Looked like he was hitting her fast 'once' in one linear motion.

The others were rushes.

Warlord
BrB small majority

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by carver9
I disagree, both have been blitzing and using there super speed.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/9219/img018k.jpg

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/2520/stormbreaker0308io5.jpg

http://g.imagehost.org/view/0840/OmegaFlight_5_0004
http://g.imagehost.org/view/0504/OmegaFlight_5_0005
Scans Fail

Philosophía
Gladiator.

It would be awesome to see in a comic though.

Lord Feron
Gladiator, yes this would be amazing fight to see.

The Nuul
Glads

PillarofOsiris
bump

-Pr-
Bill.

Nihilist
Yeah Bill

Estacado
The horse with a helmet on it's head.

PillarofOsiris
I think it's pretty well known around here that I hate Gladiator, but I would love to see someone prove to me that BRB is stronger than Gladiator. He's clearly not faster. Durability could be a toss up, I suppose, depending on what showings you're looking at. Comparing the two by their fights with Thor, Gladiator looks a LOT better. BRB beat Thor thanks to the 60 second curse (as has Gladiator). He also beat a Thor without his hammer in an environment that favored him (and I could be mistaken, but I believe much of his power was actually IN HIS HAMMER at that time, although it's been awhile since I've read those old Thor comics, so admittedly I could be mistaken). Either way, it's not a big deal. Thor fought BRB and the Silver Surfer (granted Thor was blood lusted and SS was holding back), but Thor one-shotted BRB AFTER BRB hit him with a glorified sucker punch (well, hammer blow). BRB is a watered down Thor IMO (basically Thor without the insane trans level feats). 90% of his really high showings are from 2 series of books (Stormbreaker and Godhunter) and even those are overblown by his fans who constantly make the feats out to be more than they are. And Thor has trouble with a Gladiator who barely ever uses his speed against him. BRB is dead here.

Even if we suppose Beta Ray Bill has equal or better durability, Glads speed is too much for old horse face.

Nihilist
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
I think it's pretty well known around here that I hate Gladiator, but I would love to see someone prove to me that BRB is stronger than Gladiator. He's clearly not faster. Durability could be a toss up, I suppose, depending on what showings you're looking at. Comparing the two by their fights with Thor, Gladiator looks a LOT better. BRB beat Thor thanks to the 60 second curse (as has Gladiator). He also beat a Thor without his hammer in an environment that favored him (and I could be mistaken, but I believe much of his power was actually IN HIS HAMMER at that time, although it's been awhile since I've read those old Thor comics, so admittedly I could be mistaken). Either way, it's not a big deal. Thor fought BRB and the Silver Surfer (granted Thor was blood lusted and SS was holding back), but Thor one-shotted BRB AFTER BRB hit him with a glorified sucker punch (well, hammer blow). BRB is a watered down Thor IMO (basically Thor without the insane trans level feats). 90% of his really high showings are from 2 series of books (Stormbreaker and Godhunter) and even those are overblown by his fans who constantly make the feats out to be more than they are. And Thor has trouble with a Gladiator who barely ever uses his speed against him. BRB is dead here.

Even if we suppose Beta Ray Bill has equal or better durability, Glads speed is too much for old horse face. Thanks for proving my point about not knowing shit about BRB.

keiththegreat
Beta Ray Bill is dead here. He got his a** beat by the skrulls. He could barely hold up the island-sized Asgard WITH THOR. Gladiator busts planets. Beta Ray Bill couldn't even react if Gladiator went all out with speed. Also, in the Annihilators, Glads had been coming off A LOT better than Bill.

Harbinger
Kallark gets Stormbreaker to the face.

Galan007
Bill.

The Sorrow
If Gladiator fights intelligently he should win a majority. Has the speed to counter the hammer, superior strength, reflexes and imo durability.

Nihilist
Originally posted by keiththegreat
Beta Ray Bill is dead here. He got his a** beat by the skrulls. He could barely hold up the island-sized Asgard WITH THOR. Gladiator busts planets. Beta Ray Bill couldn't even react if Gladiator went all out with speed. Also, in the Annihilators, Glads had been coming off A LOT better than Bill. BRB was wrecking planets in Stormbreaker,

Glads had to call in help just gong H2H with Blackbolt in WOK.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Nihilist
BRB was wrecking planets in Stormbreaker,

Glads had to call in help just gong H2H with Blackbolt in WOK.

Lol. Did you even read Stormbreaker? He had to use his ship. Gladiator busts planets with his fists.

Nihilist
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Lol. Did you even read Stormbreaker? He had to use his ship. Gladiator busts planets with his fists. Did you? he used his ship in the Galactus arc.

PillarofOsiris
LMFAO. Those were planets? Try asteroids. The "planet" you claim he busted looked to be about 4x the size of him. (if that). Unless u mean the one ASTEROTH, Stardust AND Bill busted. Although I'll give props to that as a decent durability feat, albeit that planet looked tiny too.

Nihilist
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
LMFAO. Those were planets? Try asteroids. The "planet" you claim he busted looked to be about 4x the size of him. (if that). Unless u mean the one ASTEROTH, Stardust AND Bill busted. Although I'll give props to that as a decent durability feat, albeit that planet looked tiny too. lowball it all you want chump, its not my fault you cant except it.

Stick to shouting Superman wins instead.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Nihilist
lowball it all you want chump, its not my fault you cant except it.

Stick to shouting Superman wins instead.

Highball it all you want. (like you're any better with Thanos btw). Bill and Asteroth were falling into a planet and Stardust flew into them and accelerated them into the core of a tiny planet and it blew up. It looked like they were moving mostly under the power of Stardust and we all know most heralds of galactus are planet busters. Your bad luck I own the comic and can call u out on making it out to be more than it is (like I said earlier). Stormbreaker and Godhunter have incredibly overhyped feats. I can't wait until u start claiming BRB supposedly survived falling into a black hole.

JakeTheBank
facepalm

Bill wins. Vastly superior power output, versatility, and track record in general.

The idea of Gladiator curbing or killing Bill, is frankly, ridiculous.

Harbinger
And getting through Bill's shields won't be a walk in the park, either.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Harbinger
And getting through Bill's shields won't be a walk in the park, either.

How many times has he used shields in his entire history? How does he have time to put them up?

Harbinger
He used them against Surfer when they fought, IIRC; and Surfer couldn't get breach them. He also used them against Stardust.

Given that he's routinely taken on opponents who are above Kallark (Thor, Stardust, Surfer, etc.), I doubt Glads is going to overwhelm Bill with his speed and prevent Bill from using his shields.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Harbinger
He used them against Surfer when they fought, IIRC; and Surfer couldn't get breach them. He also used them against Stardust.

Given that he's routinely taken on opponents who are above Kallark (Thor, Stardust, Surfer, etc.), I doubt Glads is going to overwhelm Bill with his speed and prevent Bill from using his shields.

Taken on, yes. Beaten...Not so much. Batman has "taken on" Superman too. The only one of the those three that you named that Bill has beaten has been Thor (not like that's a huge accomplishment these days anyway...he can join the club that also has Diablo and Amadeus Cho in it). And I already explained that there were extenuating circumstances to those wins anyway. BRB never beat Thor when Thor had his powers and no 60 second curse.

Harbinger
What in the hell are you talking about?

Bill's beaten Stardust twice; and one-shotted Stardust the second time they fought. He's manhandled a Power Gem amped Thor when that same Thor two-shotted Norrin. He was stalemating Surfer until he got hit by Surfer's board.

Are you trolling at this point? I honestly can't tell.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Harbinger
What in the hell are you talking about?

Bill's beaten Stardust twice; and one-shotted Stardust the second time they fought. He's manhandled a Power Gem amped Thor when that same Thor two-shotted Norrin. He was stalemating Surfer until he got hit by Surfer's board.

Are you trolling at this point? I honestly can't tell.

Beaten Stardust? What fights were you reading? He came out and admitted he couldn't beat him.

JakeTheBank
Using Batman "taking on" Superman as an analogy for Bill and who he's fought is ridiculous. erm

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Using Batman "taking on" Superman as an analogy for Bill and who he's fought is ridiculous. erm

I was pointing out that "taking on" someone doesn't mean anything, and used an intentionally ridiculous example. I thought that was clear. Now if someone pointed out Bill BEAT the SS (like Thor has on multiple occasions), then I'd be impressed. But "taking on" the SS means nothing to me.

JakeTheBank
You would have a point if Bill has plot device weakness exploitation on hand or outright high levels of PIS working in his favor when fighting Norrin.

PillarofOsiris
The SS was clearly not trying to kill him. So there's that.

Harbinger
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Beaten Stardust? What fights were you reading? He came out and admitted he couldn't beat him.

Bill vs. Stardust (I):

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust1.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust2.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust3.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust4.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust5.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust6.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_strike2.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_strike3.jpg

Not my scans (Galan's), as I don't have a scanner.

Harbinger
Bill vs. Stardust (III):

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust12.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust13.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust14.jpg

Harbinger
Bill vs. evolved Stardust (II):

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust7.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust8.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust9.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust10.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust11.jpg

Not sure how Bill didn't kick Stardust's ass all three times they fought.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Harbinger
Bill vs. evolved Stardust (II):

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust7.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust8.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust9.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust10.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust11.jpg

Not sure how Bill didn't kick Stardust's ass all three times they fought.

I'll tackle this one first, as it's the easiest. Stardust wasn't trying to kill Bill. He was talking him down and he still PHYSICALLY overpowered Bill.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Harbinger
Bill vs. Stardust (III):

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust12.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust13.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust14.jpg

Here he knocked him down to the planet, and Stardust looked fine. Fight ended in a clear stalemate when Galactus arrived. In fact, this is how most of their fights go. Stardust doesn't look worse for wear while Bill's clothes are teared and he admits he can't keep going (not here obviously). Stardust seems to have a high tolerance for pain.

Harbinger
^ Hard to physically overpower someone when the other person's forcibly holding your head in one place.

Their third encounter--their shortest--is the only one you can call a stalemate, and even then I'd argue that Bill gave more than he got on that one.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Harbinger
Bill vs. Stardust (I):

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust1.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust2.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust3.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust4.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust5.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_stardust6.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_strike2.jpg http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/th_brb_strike3.jpg

Not my scans (Galan's), as I don't have a scanner.

Here you didn't show the end of the fight, so it's very misleading. Bill could barely stand on the next page and Stardust was absolutely fine.

Galan007
Single strike from Bill can wreck planets and crack Galactus' armor. His blasts can harm/incapacitate heralds. He easily schooled B&T Thor, who two-shotted Surfer moments earlier. Etc.

Bill wins.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Harbinger
^ Hard to physically overpower someone when the other person's forcibly holding your head in one place.



Look at this scan closely:

http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/?action=view&current=brb_stardust9.jpg

(the last two panels)

Horrificus
I like that Bill is finally getting the respect he deserves around here.

He is a very dangerous character and has not been diluted by Marvel yet.

Nibedicus
Bump

leonidas
still bill.

abhilegend
Bill.

carver9
Originally posted by Nibedicus
BRB did more to Thanos than Glads ever did. The fact that Thanos didn't really expect to get his throne bashed in shows that he didn't really rank their strengths correctly.

You're going to have to ask yourself the question: who is more dangerous? The guy who at least managed to score an effective hit or the guy that got one panelled away?

What exactly does the BRB/Kid Nova fight prove? He sucker shotted an unaware/unagressive BRB and didn't really inflict any damage. And BRB/Thor aren't even known for their durability but for their damage soak.

Nice, using the fight with a noob Nova Prime where most of the power was still with Ego-Corrupted Wordlmind.

Lowballing is silly as it can be done both ways. Like bringing in that Glads got hurt by Wolverine or Gambit.

Character statement is garbage unless you have actual "feats" to back it up. Powerscaling is an undependable medium prone to errors and biased interpretations. You want a fair and solid comparison, bring in his best fights and use the "feats" shown there...

With that , I submit BRB vs Stardust in Godhunter.

What fight do you want to bring in?

If he wanted too, he could've ported Bill away. Bill destroying his chair meant nothing, especially when we see Thanos massacring him afterwards...

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19647453/4.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19647454/5.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19647455/6.jpg.html

It was a beat down and even after measuring ALL of the Annihilators, Thanos still didn't want a piece of Gladiator (even though he probably would've beaten him. Who knows).


http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/TheHalk/Thanos-TheInfinityRevelation-086_zps67feff05.jpg

There comes a time when you ignore statements but this sure as hell isn't one of those times. Like I've said, seems 'obvious' to me what the writer was throwing at us.

I already brought up a fight for Gladiator. Gladiator also temp killed Hyperion.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by carver9
If he wanted too, he could've ported Bill away. Bill destroying his chair meant nothing, especially when we see Thanos massacring him afterwards...

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19647453/4.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19647454/5.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/19647455/6.jpg.html

It was a beat down and even after measuring ALL of the Annihilators, Thanos still didn't want a piece of Gladiator (even though he probably would've beaten him. Who knows).


http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/TheHalk/Thanos-TheInfinityRevelation-086_zps67feff05.jpg

There comes a time when you ignore statements but this sure as hell isn't one of those times. Like I've said, seems 'obvious' to me what the writer was throwing at us.

I already brought up a fight for Gladiator. Gladiator also temp killed Hyperion.

Gladiator did absolutely nothing in this fight and you seem to want to adhere to character statements like they are some sort of undeniable proof. For all we know he was just grossly overestimating Gladiator. The writer probably didn't know where to "place" Gladiator and took the easy way out and left it ambiguous. You have no proof here. Just speculation.

And what "feats" does this Hyperion have? Granted the fight was pretty impressive in the speed department,

carver9
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Gladiator did absolutely nothing in this fight and you seem to want to adhere to character statements like they are some sort of undeniable proof. For all we know he was just grossly overestimating Gladiator. The writer probably didn't know where to "place" Gladiator and took the easy way out and left it ambiguous. You have no proof here. Just speculation.

And what "feats" does this Hyperion have? Granted the fight was pretty impressive in the speed department,

Lol...the book explained why Gladiator did nothing. Don't know why we are ignoring this. Thanos overestimating someone? Highly doubt it.

Killed Wonderman while ramming him through a planet into a nearby sun and making said sun go Nova.

Nibedicus
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...the book explained why Gladiator did nothing. Don't know why we are ignoring this. Thanos overestimating someone? Highly doubt it.

Killed Wonderman while ramming him through a planet into a nearby sun and making said sun go Nova.

Originally posted by carver9
Lol...the book explained why Gladiator did nothing. Don't know why we are ignoring this. Thanos overestimating someone? Highly doubt it.

Killed Wonderman while ramming him through a planet into a nearby sun and making said sun go Nova.

Glad we agree that he did nothing. thumb up

And that you base your entire argument on a baseless character statement. thumb up

We ignore it because all statements are speculative unless corroborated by solid evidence ("feats"wink.

Svans of Wonderman fight.

carver9
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Glad we agree that he did nothing. thumb up

And that you base your entire argument on a baseless character statement. thumb up

We ignore it because all statements are speculative unless corroborated by solid evidence ("feats"wink.

Svans of Wonderman fight.

He was the most dangerous, so Thanos got rid of him while taking pleasure in slaughtering Bill who destroyed his chair.

Looking at fts as well, Gladiator is stronger, faster, and more durable.

This happened during the time Wonderman was top tier (you can also tell by the planetoid shaking during their fight).

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/57845/1426383-hype_vs._wondy.jpg

Hyperion breaks Wonderman arm and ribs in a single hit.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/57845/1426384-hype_vs._wondy002.jpg

Wonderman dying.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/57845/1426385-hype_vs._wondy003.jpg

Wonderman was then resurrected by the elders of the universe. Now what has Stardust done?

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9


http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/TheHalk/Thanos-TheInfinityRevelation-086_zps67feff05.jpg



Awesome scan

carver9
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Awesome scan

thumb up

What did you get from that scan by reading it?

leonidas
well, tbf, that was a different version of hyperion (and we know hyperion's DO tend to vary in power: see exiles) and the version of hype that glads went against was unused to combat with someone approaching his own power. glads and hype were expressly said to be veritable equals in power.

and we know that glads is very impressed with bill's power:

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/21281184/283817.jpg.html

in light of starlin's recent work (especially that ABOMINABLE hulk/thanos series) i don't think anything can really be taken from that thanos scan at all. cool moment for glads, but in terms of greater meaning, i'd let it go.

it would be a cool battle, and i've begun to look at glads a little differently than i used to, but i'd still take bill.

Time Immemorial
I have not read that issue, but either Thanos and Adam just ****ed them all up, or someone else came in and fcked them all up with Thanos and him left standing wondering how to retaliate.

carver9
Yeah, that Hyperion is a replica of the real deal but he is a direct copy though and the good Hype killed that version of Hyperion. I always thought of them as one of the same.

Of course he is impressed by Bills power, who wouldn't be but I think the comparison Thanos made vs Gladiator being impressed by Bill is different.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by leonidas
well, tbf, that was a different version of hyperion (and we know hyperion's DO tend to vary in power: see exiles) and the version of hype that glads went against was unused to combat with someone approaching his own power. glads and hype were expressly said to be veritable equals in power.

and we know that glads is very impressed with bill's power:

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/21281184/283817.jpg.html

in light of starlin's recent work (especially that ABOMINABLE hulk/thanos series) i don't think anything can really be taken from that thanos scan at all. cool moment for glads, but in terms of greater meaning, i'd let it go.

it would be a cool battle, and i've begun to look at glads a little differently than i used to, but i'd still take bill.

To be fair that storm is very striking. Like if one of us were to see that I'm sure we'd be amazed. Much like when we see Aurora Borealis or an eclipse or something. It is a sight to behold.

I don't know if it was admitting a power level more than he was just expressing impression at what he had seen.

(I may have misunderstood your point though)

leonidas
no, i think you got the point. even surfer seemed momentarily awed by the power bill could summon. i don't mean to say glads was shaking in his boots, but i certainly think that display of power impressed the sh!t out of him. i think bill has a greater scope of power to call upon and has an answer for pretty well everything glads can throw at him save maybe speed. bill actually has some pretty good speed feats himself though. i can't think of any great absorption feats off the top of my head but i'm sure he has some. galan may know since he did the respect thread.

anyway, close fight--fun fight for sure--but bill takes a majority here imo. i can't believe they haven't had a crazy brawl yet tbh....

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by leonidas
no, i think you got the point. even surfer seemed momentarily awed by the power bill could summon. i don't mean to say glads was shaking in his boots, but i certainly think that display of power impressed the sh!t out of him. i think bill has a greater scope of power to call upon and has an answer for pretty well everything glads can throw at him save maybe speed. bill actually has some pretty good speed feats himself though. i can't think of any great absorption feats off the top of my head but i'm sure he has some. galan may know since he did the respect thread.

anyway, close fight--fun fight for sure--but bill takes a majority here imo. i can't believe they haven't had a crazy brawl yet tbh....

Ah okay that's good, was thinking I'd missed the point,

Yeah Glads did look impressed.

My opinion with Glads is he's a character that theoretically could be a crazy high level top tier if he followed what was described of him. I think he is still very impressive with the feats he has (I mean he has some nice stuff in his locker) but Marvel have made him a joke compared to what he could be.

He could be a top of the top if he was written to his abilities. It's a shame because he's one of my favourite characters.

Branlor Swift
Hyperion only made a solar flare when he sun rammed Wonder Man.

I can't believe Carver is still using that scene to try and prove Gladiator means anything to Thanos.

Here's a hot button tip:

If you ignore absolutely everything a character has done and then exaggerate every high end feat, and only really go off hyperbole, then your character is unbeatable. I await the day we debate on the legitimacy of Gladiator's hype from his son when he was getting shit pushed by the P5, over actual feats.

abhilegend
Hyperion actually died in that solar flare. Surfer took on Korvac in the very same comic.

Funny how that works, right Carver?

leonidas
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Hyperion only made a solar flare when he sun rammed Wonder Man.

I can't believe Carver is still using that scene to try and prove Gladiator means anything to Thanos.

Here's a hot button tip:

If you ignore absolutely everything a character has done and then exaggerate every high end feat, and only really go off hyperbole, then your character is unbeatable.

uh-huh. pretty much sums up glads' problem for years. thumb up

Nibedicus
Originally posted by carver9
He was the most dangerous, so Thanos got rid of him while taking pleasure in slaughtering Bill who destroyed his chair.

Looking at fts as well, Gladiator is stronger, faster, and more durable.

This happened during the time Wonderman was top tier (you can also tell by the planetoid shaking during their fight).

Hyperion breaks Wonderman arm and ribs in a single hit.

Wonderman dying.

Wonderman was then resurrected by the elders of the universe. Now what has Stardust done?

Your entire argument is based on character statements. That is not evidence. You can stomp your feet all day and cry "evidenzeee!", that still doesn't make it so.

Will not argue that Gladiator is physically stronger, that IS his "thing" after all (but not enough to make that much of a difference.).He's faster, yup (but not enough to make him unhittable based on showings) and yes, more durable (but Bill has more damage soak).

Wonderman was never top tier. He could HANG with the top tiers in a fight but so could Namor or Thing back then.

So Hyperion FLEW him thru a planetoid and into a sun. Not bad. But how is this even impressive? And where did the sun go nova? All I see is art in the end that signifies them entering the sun and something burning up in it in the end. Is this missing a page?

You want comparable Stardut "feats"? Here:

Rammed Bill and Astaroth thru an ACTUAL planet (large enough to have an ocean and an atmosphere) and blew the whole planet up.

http://i.imgur.com/DNnvlhfl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/w2B7Jl9l.jpg

Then, when Astaroth tanked that, realized that he needed to go much harder and openend up a freakin black hole.

http://i.imgur.com/UMYhCbDl.jpg

Planet > Planetoid
Obliterate planet > Ram thru planet
Black hole > whatever it is you think happened in that last panel.
Stardust > Hyperion

Nibedicus
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
I have not read that issue, but either Thanos and Adam just ****ed them all up, or someone else came in and fcked them all up with Thanos and him left standing wondering how to retaliate.

The Annihilatirs basically came at Thanos one a time. Thanos BFRd Glads then got his chair smashed by BRB. He then tricks BRB to throw his hammer at him then traps Stormbreaker in a forcefield then proceeds to pummel BRB. Took 7-8 hits total. Not a bad showing for Bill really. Thanos then proceeds to pwn Ronan and Warlock weakness exploited Quasar by "short circuiting his system" while his back was turned. Surfer comes along, challenges Thanos into a fight the got sucker shotted by Warlock as well.

That's the whole fight.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by Nibedicus
The Annihilatirs basically came at Thanos one a time. Thanos BFRd Glads then got his chair smashed by BRB. He then tricks BRB to throw his hammer at him then traps Stormbreaker in a forcefield then proceeds to pummel BRB. Took 7-8 hits total. Not a bad showing for Bill really. Thanos then proceeds to pwn Ronan and Warlock weakness exploited Quasar by "short circuiting his system" while his back was turned. Surfer comes along, challenges Thanos into a fight the got sucker shotted by Warlock as well.

That's the whole fight.

Sounds awesome

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.