Saba Sebanyte vs Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Who takes this?

Lord Lucien
Maul for an epic win.

kotorfan
yeah I'd say maul also. More fierce, better trained, younger, stronger, and best of all uses da double sided lightsaber. lol

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by kotorfan
yeah I'd say maul also. More fierce, better trained, younger, stronger, and best of all uses da double sided lightsaber. lol

You think Maul is stronger than a Barabel?

xxxpoppunker182
I dunno seba is crazy especially in the DN

kotorfan
idk.. Seba gives in to her primal instincts easily. Maul is very controlled, and has trained in his craft for his entire life.

And yeah I do think Maul is stronger than her.

Hewhoknowsall
What feats does Saba have?

kotorfan
idk.. lol thats why

chilled monkey
In "LOTF: Fury," Darth Caedus felt that he could defeat Saba WITH DIFFICULTY.

The same Darth Caedus who gave Luke Skywalker a good fight, felt that Saba would give him trouble. He also felt that a fight against Luke and Saba together would be IMPOSSIBLE for him to win.

Now I realise this is close to ABC logic, but I'd still say that speaks very highly of Saba's abilities. There's good reason she's on Luke's Jedi Council.

So yeah, she beats Maul.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
What feats does Saba have?

Faster reflexes than Ben Skywalker (before he could leap away from a grenade, she used the Force to lift a durasteel plug Ben had just cut out of a blast door, slam it down on the grenade and keep it held down as it detonated). This not only shows speed, but also good skill and strength with telekinesis.

Deflected fully-automatic blaster fire from two YVH droids (which fire bolts much more powerful than regular blaster fire). Her sword work was described as 'brilliant.'

Defeated a YVH droid in one-on-one combat (the odds in a YVH vs Jedi fight are noted to be about even).

Defeated a Dark Jedi, Welk in a duel (Welk had his arm lopped off) although he did escape.

Eminence
chilled monkey
In "LOTF: Fury," Darth Caedus felt that he could defeat Saba WITH DIFFICULTY.Quote?

Emphasis mine.

I'm not necessarily saying she can't, but you haven't come remotely close to proving it.

Who is in his early teens.

Okay.

Half a dozen training droids, a small army of Black Sun fighters, including a cadre of some of the best assassins in th galaxy (iirc), Anoon Bondara, Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan.

He cuts half of her tail off, gives her a concussion, slams a boulder into her head (iirc), scores a lightsaber wound on her skull after barely missing a decapitating stroke, and fries her with Force lightning.

She's practically dead by the end of that fight.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Eminence
Quote?

From "Fury":-

"Caedus didn't think these measures would stop the Jedi But they might whittle down the numbers of Jedi.

They had to. Jacen could defeat his mother or Ben without trouble; Saba with difficulty. Saba plus Luke would be impossible odds."

Emphasis mine.

True, but it's still significant when the presence of one fighter pushes the odds of survival from 'slim' to 'none at all'

Who is in his early teens.

Indeed, but he's still a Skywalker.

Half a dozen training droids, a small army of Black Sun fighters, including a cadre of some of the best assassins in th galaxy (iirc), Anoon Bondara, Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan.

All impressive certainly. I'd say YVH droids are much more dangerous than the first two however.

He cuts half of her tail off, gives her a concussion, slams a boulder into her head, scores a lightsaber wound on her skull after barely missing a decapitating stroke, and fries her with Force lightning.

She's practically dead by the end of that fight.

The fact that she kept on fighting despite all those injuries shows how tough she is (and survived an attack by a bunch of killik assassins right after the duel). Plus Welk had his face opened up, an eye gauged out, his arm cut off and his neck wounded. It wasn't a one-sided fight by any means.

kotorfan
Anakin had even faster reflexes.. He could podrace, and was the only human ever to podrace. and he was 9.. lol

Eminence
chilled monkey
From "Fury":-

"Caedus didn't think these measures would stop the Jedi But they might whittle down the numbers of Jedi.

They had to. Jacen could defeat his mother or Ben without trouble; Saba with difficulty. Saba plus Luke would be impossible odds."Thanks.

For the record, Caedus also noted that the only swordsman he wouldn't dare face one armed was Luke, meaning that he would be willing to challenge Seba with one arm.

Which doesn't automatically give him excellent reflexes amongst in comparison to Force users, especially experienced Jedi Masters.

Um, why?

That's the point. You made it seem like she just forced him to run away, no sweat.

chilled monkey
Thanks.

You're welcome.

For the record, Caedus also noted that the only swordsman he wouldn't dare face one armed was Luke, meaning that he would be willing to challenge Seba with one arm.

Her and everyone else except Luke. That's hardly a bad mark against her.

Um, why?

YVH droids were created to fight Yuuzhan Vong and were said to be evenly matched with Jedi. That's two sets of opponents much more dangerous than training droids and hired killers.

Plus, consider this; YVH droids were built about 60 years after Maul's training droids. They are going to be vastly superior to the training droids due to improved technology.

That's the point. You made it seem like she just forced him to run away, no sweat.

Yeah, I screwed up there.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Who takes this?

Maul ftw

Hewhoknowsall
To be honest, if Caedus considers Saba to be a tough opponent, and Caedus was stated to be stronger than Vader...

Vorpal Ruin
To be honest, if Caedus considers Saba to be a tough opponent, and Caedus was stated to be stronger than Vader...

I think Caedus was said to be equal to Vader. Vader would probably consider Maul a tough opponent as well. It would be a good even fight.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
I think Caedus was said to be equal to Vader. Vader would probably consider Maul a tough opponent as well. It would be a good even fight.

No, I have invincible and the front flaps states that Caedus's command of the force "surpassing even that of his grandfather Darth Vader".

Vorpal Ruin
No, I have invincible and the front flaps states that Caedus's command of the force "surpassing even that of his grandfather Darth Vader".

Yea I checked my copy too, you're right. Guess I remembered wrong.

Lord Lucien
But that simply raises the question: where is Maul's skill compared to OT Vader's?

Red Nemesis
Lucien, good job. You did not misuse the phrase 'begs the question.' Thank you. (That is this week's crusade.)

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Lucien, good job. You did not misuse the phrase 'begs the question.' Thank you. (That is this week's crusade.) I read that article. I liked it.

Slash_KMC
This begs the question: You actually open links Nemesis gives? Don't be surprised when you get a virus and pink fluffy ewoks with dracula teeth and beards like Jafar suddenly are covering your screen.

Nah, j/k. I trust Nemesis. no expression

Red Nemesis
mad

blowup

Slash_KMC
Whoops. My bad.

Slash_KMC
I think we should do some kind of hostile take over and be the last poster in every thread on KMC. Now that would be an accomplishment.

Red Nemesis
I count 63 forums. Each forum has 50 threads visible (by default?) and one can only post (at a maximum) of once every 10 seconds.

Unless I am mistaken, that amounts to 8 hrs 45 mins (assuming perfect timing) to cover all threads from one account. This would involve making some sort of program to post for you.

Somehow that seems like a bad idea. (MEGA BANZ)

((3334))

kotorfan
which is why its annoying when there are like 50 "new"s in the versus forum after I came back from my exam.. lol

and idk how it happened. everyone must have posted at the same time, differnet thread.. or just alot of threads

RaidenDeadpool
which is why its annoying when there are like 50 "new"s in the versus forum after I came back from my exam.. lol

and idk how it happened. everyone must have posted at the same time, differnet thread.. or just alot of threads

HeWhoKnowsALittleAboutNothing decided to spam himself everywhere...

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
I count 63 forums. Each forum has 50 threads visible (by default?) and one can only post (at a maximum) of once every 10 seconds.

Unless I am mistaken, that amounts to 8 hrs 45 mins (assuming perfect timing) to cover all threads from one account. This would involve making some sort of program to post for you.

Somehow that seems like a bad idea. (MEGA BANZ)

((3334))

I'll do it!! and then I'll blame noez for everything.

alterangel
If Saba deployed two lightsabers in combat against Maul she might have a needed edge.

I would say Maul takes it 6/10.

alterangel

Better trained?

Trained to be an assassin, yes. And trained to defeat Prequel Jedi who are accustomed to deflecting bolts and kicking thugs in the face, yes.

But who's to say how his training will fair against a Legacy Master forged from a war against virtual Jedi banes the Yuuzhan Vong, and a Barabel trained by one of the most gifted masters of the NJO?

Nephthys
Lulz.

As funny as that is, if your going to argue about masters, Maul was trained by the (reputedly) greatest Sith ever so...

alterangel
Originally posted by Nephthys
Lulz.

As funny as that is, if your going to argue about masters, Maul was trained by the (reputedly) greatest Sith ever so...

True. But trained for a specific purpose by that said master. A purpose entirely different than dueling a vastly experienced and well trained jedi master.

Sure he took qui gon but ginn was pretty poorly prepped for the engagement and not nearly as experienced as Saba would be to fight a user of the dark side. He also wasnt known for his combat talents wheras Saba is well known for her fighting prowess and Barabel toughness.

Sorry off topic. The point is that Maul would not be able to defeat an experienced and aggressive master combatant.

Red Nemesis
Wanna run that by me again?

Jinn was all like "Masters give me mad props" then everyone @ KMC was all like "BUT YOU HAVEN'T DONE N E THING!" then Jinn wuz all like "BEST DUELIST HAS SEEN IN 400 YEARS BIZNITCH!"

so yeah. Jinn's got the shit.

Nephthys
What!? He's got The Shit!? The Shit!?

Eminence
alterangel
True. But trained for a specific purpose by that said master.To kill... Jedi?

?

Like... Qui-Gon Jinn? Or Anoon Bondara? Or everyone he killed during the attack on Black Sun?

chilled monkey
To kill... Jedi?

To kill... Jedi who have grown lax and are completely unprepared to fight a Dark-side Force user, or any kind of elite combatant.

Heck, at the start of the PT there hadn't been a full-scale war for 1000 years. The NJO-era Jedi honed their skills fighting the Yuuzhan Vong; they are WAY tougher than the Jedi around during Maul's lifetime.

Originally posted by alterangel
Better trained?

Trained to be an assassin, yes. And trained to defeat Prequel Jedi who are accustomed to deflecting bolts and kicking thugs in the face, yes.

But who's to say how his training will fair against a Legacy Master forged from a war against virtual Jedi banes the Yuuzhan Vong, and a Barabel trained by one of the most gifted masters of the NJO?

Excellent points.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.