Bane, Revan & Exar Kun in the YV War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
These are Orbalisk Bane, Star Forge Revan and Exar Kun with the Sith Amulets. All are at the height of the power. How would they fare?

Eminence
... Well?

I don't think I'm alone in not understanding the point of these threads.

kotorfan
we don't know about star forge Revan. They would add to the already formidable jedi numbers.

and totally have prevented Ganner's death if Bane, Revan, or Kun were there.

During the fight with the slayers and tasvong lah or w/e his name was, any of the characters mentioned above would demolish any slayer. Jaina and Jacen wouldn't have had that much trouble..

Lord Lucien
Yes, they would cause considerable casualties amongst the Vong. But chances are they'd wind up fighting each other. Sith, you know.

Vorpal Ruin
That Rabbit looking Jedi Master would kill them all.

Autokrat
Bane, Revan and Kun are gleefully slaying vong warriors when suddenly, Bane stops and calls for a halt.

Bane: Hey... hey, what are doing?

Revan: What?

Kun: Huh?

Bane: Why are we fighting for the Jedi? For the Republic? Dudes... something is wrong here.

Revan: You do make a good point.

Kun: Who the hell cares? Let's just finish wiping our asses with these terrible plot ideasaliens.

So off the trio go, hacking and slashing and dashing among the really stupidhelpless Vong. Finally when the dust settles, the trio drag a few stumps together to debate their reasons and purpose for fighting.

Bane: We have fallen away from the DS and now we serve the pathetic Jedi! How did this happen.

Revan: Hey bud, you serve the DS, I'm just pretending, get it right.

Kun: Nonsense, you are as evil as the rest of us!

Revan: Oh yea? Moral Relativism Biatches!

Bane: Does not exist in Star Wars, otherwise God wouldn't make enough money.

Revan: Ahh Fvuk!

Kun: I say we get back to being normal Sith and try to kill each other.

The trio pause for a second, considering the idea.

Another second.

And another second.

Kun: Well? What do you say?

Bane: Let's do it! I'll wipe my bald ass with both of you!

Revan: Fvuk that, I'm going to create a convoluted plan to destroy you both.

The EnD

kotorfan
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Yes, they would cause considerable casualties amongst the Vong. But chances are they'd wind up fighting each other. Sith, you know.

yeah especially before Bane's rule of two thing.

Qordis's and Kaan's sith were good examples of that.

that was a good one.. lol

I wonder what Revan was thinking of. Bane is basically invincible, and Kaan is the weakest here..? (In terms of manipulating)

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Autokrat
Bane, Revan and Kun are gleefully slaying vong warriors when suddenly, Bane stops and calls for a halt.

Bane: Hey... hey, what are doing?

Revan: What?

Kun: Huh?

Bane: Why are we fighting for the Jedi? For the Republic? Dudes... something is wrong here.

Revan: You do make a good point.

Kun: Who the hell cares? Let's just finish wiping our asses with these terrible plot ideasaliens.

So off the trio go, hacking and slashing and dashing among the really stupidhelpless Vong. Finally when the dust settles, the trio drag a few stumps together to debate their reasons and purpose for fighting.

Bane: We have fallen away from the DS and now we serve the pathetic Jedi! How did this happen.

Revan: Hey bud, you serve the DS, I'm just pretending, get it right.

Kun: Nonsense, you are as evil as the rest of us!

Revan: Oh yea? Moral Relativism Biatches!

Bane: Does not exist in Star Wars, otherwise God wouldn't make enough money.

Revan: Ahh Fvuk!

Kun: I say we get back to being normal Sith and try to kill each other.

The trio pause for a second, considering the idea.

Another second.

And another second.

Kun: Well? What do you say?

Bane: Let's do it! I'll wipe my bald ass with both of you!

Revan: Fvuk that, I'm going to create a convoluted plan to destroy you both.

The EnD

LOL that was funny...

Revan would by far be the most useful.

Lord Lucien
Why?

Hewhoknowsall
Why?

He's both powerful AND (most importantly) a great tactician/strategist.

Nephthys
Tactical genius I would expect.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Nephthys
Tactical genius I would expect.

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
He's both powerful AND (most importantly) a great tactician/strategist.

Having a great general >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> having some guy that can kill a few extra YVs for you. Having a great general + having some guy that can kill a few extra YV's for you = Revan.

Lord Lucien
Yeah but having a guy that's almost impervious to damage and a guy with crazy amulet blasts would do wonders on the field.

Hewhoknowsall
Yeah but having a guy that's almost impervious to damage and a guy with crazy amulet blasts would do wonders on the field.

Let's say your kingdom was about to be invaded by the persians. Would you rather have Alexander the Great or Archilles on your side?

Lord Lucien
The Persians? I'd rather have Achilles. Because to the Persians who are susceptible to fear, I'd want to have a very public face killing them en masse. If I was invading Persia though, Alex.

Against the Vong who don't fear death and throw their soldiers out to die I'd rather have two Super-Achilles' rather than one Alexander.

Hewhoknowsall
The Persians? I'd rather have Achilles. Because to the Persians who are susceptible to fear, I'd want to have a very public face killing them en masse. If I was invading Persia though, Alex.

Against the Vong who don't fear death and throw their soldiers out to die I'd rather have two Super-Achilles' rather than one Alexander.

We're not talking about two "super Archilles", since Revan is on par with Bane/Exar AND is a tactitian/strategist...so it's Arcander vs Archilles, Archaner wins.

Lord Lucien
We're not talking about two "super Archilles", since Revan is on par with Bane/Exar AND is a tactitian/strategist...so it's Arcander vs Archilles, Archaner wins. Having the Force doesn't make your stratagems super-powerful. Because ideas can't have tangible energy. Two warriors though can.

Hewhoknowsall
Having the Force doesn't make your stratagems super-powerful. Because ideas can't have tangible energy. Two warriors though can.

Revan is a great general NOT because of the force.

In a small scale 3 on 3ish battle, having Archilles would be very helpful. But we're talking about a WAR here.

Lord Lucien
Revan is a great general NOT because of the force.

In a small scale 3 on 3ish battle, having Archilles would be very helpful. But we're talking about a WAR here. Exactly. A brilliant tactician is a brilliant tactician whether he has Force-powers or not, Thrawn, Tarkin, and Ackbar etc. His strategies are only so useful, but it's the soldiers on the field that enact them. If Revan can fully apply the destructive capabilities that Bane and Exar can unleash... damn. Having a mountain of man covered in black bug-armor throwing lightning at everything coming in from one side, and a crazy amulet-blasting guy coming with double blades from the other would be incredibly effective. If I could have 1 tactician or 2 Super Saiyans of Force-users, I'd want the killing machines.

Hewhoknowsall
Exactly. A brilliant tactician is a brilliant tactician whether he has Force-powers or not, Thrawn, Tarkin, and Ackbar etc. His strategies are only so useful, but it's the soldiers on the field that enact them. If Revan can fully apply the destructive capabilities that Bane and Exar can unleash... damn. Having a mountain of man covered in black bug-armor throwing lightning at everything coming in from one side, and a crazy amulet-blasting guy coming with double blades from the other would be incredibly effective. If I could have 1 tactician or 2 Super Saiyans of Force-users, I'd want the killing machines.

Revan is powerful too, AND a good tactician. Two for one.

Nephthys
In Dong Zhou's war to unite china and 'save' it from the emperor, most of his success came from his battlemaster Lu Bu, the greatest warrior of the age. His effect on moral with his troops, which is a massive influence in warfare, and his demoralisation of enemies, which would often cause enemies to surrender instantly in his presence made him a far greater asset then even Zhou's greatest strategists.

I hope this is applicable to this arguement.

Lord Lucien
Ah. So we had him in as a combatant. No I'd still take the others, simply due to Revan's combat abilities being generally unknown.

Hewhoknowsall
In Dong Zhou's war to unite china and 'save' it from the emperor, most of his success came from his battlemaster Lu Bu, the greatest warrior of the age. His effect on moral with his troops, which is a massive influence in warfare, and his demoralisation of enemies, which would often cause enemies to surrender instantly in his presence made him a far greater asset then even Zhou's greatest strategists.

I hope this is applicable to this arguement.

So having one guy that's stronger than usual is greater than having one of the greatest tacticians ever?

Nephthys
Well yes kind of, the key to warfare is the moral of the troops, that is why it was custom to hold pre-match fights between champions in order to either raise or lower moral.

Personally though, i'd say they are about equal in importance. One can have the best champion but a mediocre general and achieve victory through moral, or the other way around and achieve it through brilliance. Justly, a great general can defeat a great warrior through brilliance, but just as likely, a great warrior can power through a generals plans and carry the day. It depends on who is greater.

Hewhoknowsall
Well yes kind of, the key to warfare is the moral of the troops, that is why it was custom to hold pre-match fights between champions in order to either raise or lower moral.

Personally though, i'd say they are about equal in importance. One can have the best champion but a mediocre general and achieve victory through moral, or the other way around and achieve it through brilliance. Justly, a great general can defeat a great warrior through brilliance, but just as likely, a great warrior can power through a generals plans and carry the day. It depends on who is greater.

Alexander lifted the moral of his troops by being on the front lines, which is exactly what Revan would do since he's both a tactician and a warrior.

Red Nemesis
Alexander lifted the moral of his troops by being on the front lines, which is exactly what Revan would do since he's both a tactician and a warrior. Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Alexander lifted the moral of his troops by being on the front lines, which is exactly what Revan would do since he's both a tactician and a warrior. Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Alexander lifted the moral of his troops by being on the front lines, which is exactly what Revan would do since he's both a tactician and a warrior.

Red Nemesis
See? I can spam too.

Nephthys
Actually Revan rarely fought on the front lines. Malak was the one who was the master warrior in the relationship.

That is why they were successful. Having the best tactician and the best warrior, THAT is a flawless combination.

Hewhoknowsall
I assume that you mean QFT...

Red Nemesis

kotorfan
i bet i kno what the next post will look like..

"please DON't put me on ignore etc."

then RN comes back with

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.