LW cops versus the Death Star

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sadako of Girth
ANH:

Martin Riggs and Roger Murtaugh are on the Death Star at the point of the Death Stars imminent attack on Yavin moon base (Earth, in this instance) and are having to destroy it before it clears Jupiter and gets a shot at earth...?
No physical assistance.
Can they do it in time...?

They have their standard issue weapons and ammo.

Raoul
Murtaugh's getting too old for this shit.

steverules_2
Yes...cause you know...vader coming along and blocking the bullets with a lightsabre wouldn't work...nor would a force choke hold...they just get vader in a headlock and tell him he's gay

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud

In their favour, Bullets move faster than blaster bolts, and cant be seen...

steverules_2
Yeah but bullets eventually run out...and plus I dunno if they can penetrate stormtrooper armour or vaders armour

Sadako of Girth
Nothing to say that once their standard ammo runs out that they can aqquire on site..... As long as they can figure out how a blaster operates, which would seem reasonable to me. They may have to retreat against Vader. (I guess they could try to avoid/outrun him)

steverules_2
Maybe they could like run through different doors with vader chasing them and then them chasing vader...oh what a ruckus that would course!

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud

With the little torture droid making the odd unexpected appearance maybe...

steverules_2
Yeah, and goofy fast kinda music in the background

Sadako of Girth
Slightly sped up frame rate ...?

steverules_2
Oh for sure smile

Sadako of Girth
In sepia, perhaps...?

steverules_2
Sure, lets just throw it in there...we'll go crazy cause we're maaaaniacs.....on the dance floor smurph

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue

How would they deal with the crusher room...?

And some good news for Riggs: There will only be vader.

(Not Jet Li or a South African diplomat, cause that'd be impossible for Riggs)

steverules_2
We'll throw in that Dog with the wig...maybe they can place a steak on vaders butt with some string and then get the dog to bite his ass...so whilst vaders running around with a dog on his ass Riggs and Roger can destroy the Death star with some proper manly ways like punching and shooting

Sadako of Girth
How would they they do that, once the dog has savaged the goolies of the darklord..?

What ever your scenario your avvy must also be included.

Robtard
Originally posted by steverules_2
Yeah but bullets eventually run out...and plus I dunno if they can penetrate stormtrooper armour or vaders armour

Trooper armor is susceptible to stone tipped arrows fired from mini-bows pulled by hairy midgets. Safe to say it isn't bullet proof.

Vader's could prove a problem though.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Robtard
Trooper armor is susceptible to stone tipped arrows fired from mini-bows pulled by hairy midgets. Safe to say it isn't bullet proof.

Those were't arrows they were stick :glare:

We both know that fight was fixed

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
How would they they do that, once the dog has savaged the goolies of the darklord..?

What ever your scenario your avvy must also be included.

Hell yeah it should

Sadako of Girth

They'd be screwed if Vader found em.

McClane with his legendary luck and endurance skills would be able to do that..

steverules_2
He'd just go up to vader and be all like 'Hey vader you burnt small dicked motherf*cker!' *kick in the nuts* 'Yippe Kai Aye motherf*cker'

Robtard
Vader wouldn't find McClane, not with the miles of tunnels, shafts and service ways throughout the Deathstar.

McClane could potentially sneak up on Vader though. If he was able to catch the sheer genius that was Hans Gruber, Vader shouldn't be a problem.

XanatosForever
Hans Gruber...hehehe, that name still makes me giggle. laughing

steverules_2
Da milk came out ma noze dur

Sadako of Girth
As a great man once said:

"This essentially is a chemistry problem:

The Death Star = Blows up

McClane = Blows shit up."

steverules_2
A great man once said 'essentially...this is child filfth'

Sadako of Girth
Huh..?

Jacko...? Is that you, shaaaamooooaaaaaan..?

steverules_2
Shamoooooaaaannn motherf*cker, it's me Michael Jackson...heeheeeee!

Sadako of Girth
Your bad.

steverules_2
f*ck yeah smurph

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Hans Gruber...hehehe, that name still makes me giggle. laughing

Gifffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff meeeeeeeeee myyyyyy detonaterzzzzzzzz

chilled monkey
laughing out loud

In their favour, Bullets move faster than blaster bolts, and cant be seen...

Makes no difference. Jedi/Sith don't need to see incoming projectiles; they can feel them in the Force. They can stop bullets (or 'slugs' as they're called in Star Wars) no problem.

Sadako of Girth
This makes that much more difficult for Riggs and Murtaugh..

Robtard
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Makes no difference. Jedi/Sith don't need to see incoming projectiles; they can feel them in the Force. They can stop bullets (or 'slugs' as they're called in Star Wars) no problem.

Jedi still get hit from lasers.

Dr Will Hatch
Jedi still get hit from lasers. Palpatine MADE them get hit by laser bolts. Otherwise they are invulnerable.

NemeBro
laughing out loud

In their favour, Bullets move faster than blaster bolts, and cant be seen... No, blaster bolts are much faster than bullets, even in Clone War era.

Hell, actual bullets in the SW verse(slugs) are easily blocked by Jedi or Sith.

Rogue Jedi
Nothing to say that once their standard ammo runs out that they can aqquire on site..... As long as they can figure out how a blaster operates, which would seem reasonable to me. They may have to retreat against Vader. (I guess they could try to avoid/outrun him) They MAY have to retreat against Vader? haermm

Robtard
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Palpatine MADE them get hit by laser bolts. Otherwise they are invulnerable.

+2 for the epic Star Wars fanboy emulation.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
They MAY have to retreat against Vader? haermm

Well, it's not like Vader is fast enough to block two bullet's coming at him at the same time, let alone two guns unloading an entire clip/wheel.

But Mutaugh's old age and degenerating reflexes may force a retreat.

Rogue Jedi
I wonder if Vaders armor would hold up to Riggs's BAMBAMBAMBAMBAM 9mm fire?

Robtard
His gloved hand deflected a blaster bolt, but that could have been some force-trickery.

Also, heat and concussive force are very different, it could be blaster proof, since that's more common in the SW universe, but not so much when it comes to bullets.

Either way though, those two face Vader, he's likely to choke Riggs and Murtaugh's going to shit himself, as he's facing a bigger and blacker guy than himself. Now if they had McClane's stealth tactics, they could sneak attack, but they don't

Rogue Jedi
Bigger and blacker haermm

Riggs has even more stealth than McClane, its just that DH shows Mac being stealthy trhough pretty much the whole movie.

Dr Will Hatch
Wait, is this a serious thread?

Rogue Jedi
Nah, its Riggs spite.

BruceSkywalker
ANH:

Martin Riggs and Roger Murtaugh are on the Death Star at the point of the Death Stars imminent attack on Yavin moon base (Earth, in this instance) and are having to destroy it before it clears Jupiter and gets a shot at earth...?
No physical assistance.
Can they do it in time...?

They have their standard issue weapons and ammo.

bullets versus lasers

lasers ftw, Riggs and Murtaugh die

Robtard
Why do lasers win over bullets, when they both kill if they hit a vital area?

Sadako of Girth
Wait, is this a serious thread?

Semi, and not the least bit spitey.

Cause spite implies nasty intentions.

RJ trying to call it that says more about HIM than the thread.
Hypocrisy, when one considers that he sets up loaded threads all the time, Indiana Jones and John McClane would be a one recent one.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by NemeBro
No, blaster bolts are much faster than bullets, even in Clone War era.

Hell, actual bullets in the SW verse(slugs) are easily blocked by Jedi or Sith.

WHAT!??? laughing out loud

With respect sir, that can only be rubbish. No way can you trace a bullet moving over 20 feet of space at the same much more traceable velocity that a blaster moves at..

If lasers moved at lightspeed, you would see a momentary continuous beam between the muzzle and the target that most definitely would not move a bolt slowly from muzzle to target with a beginning and an end.

Blaster bolts are much slower than bullets.

chilled monkey
Jedi still get hit from lasers.

Generally that only happens when:

A) They're facing a truly superb marksman.

B) They're facing overwhelming numbers.

C) They get caught by surprise.

D) A combination of the above.

Most of the time they can deflect enemy fire no problem.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah but the sensing the future through the force thing falls down at C though.

Rogue Jedi
Semi, and not the least bit spitey.

Cause spite implies nasty intentions.

RJ trying to call it that says more about HIM than the thread.
Hypocrisy, when one considers that he sets up loaded threads all the time, Indiana Jones and John McClane would be a one recent one. Loaded how?

Dr Will Hatch
Yeah but the sensing the future through the force thing falls down at C though. Jedis can only get hit when they are overwhelmed by the darkside. Palpatine was blocking the Jedis natural precog. Otherwise they would dodge everything.

Robtard
Jedis can only get hit when they are overwhelmed by the darkside. Palpatine was blocking the Jedis natural precog. Otherwise they would dodge everything.

Hahahahaaa, fanboyism rubbish.

Rogue Jedi
Jedis can only get hit when they are overwhelmed by the darkside. Palpatine was blocking the Jedis natural precog. Otherwise they would dodge everything. Not true, dude.

Dr Will Hatch
Not true, dude. There's no way to disprove it only using the movies, and it is backed up by Expanded Universe documents. No regular human being can beat a Jedi or Sith. /end

Robtard
There's no way to disprove it only using the movies, and it is backed up by Expanded Universe documents. No regular human being can beat a Jedi or Sith. /end

Hahaha, no, that's not how it works. If you make some wild claim not seen in the movies, YOU need to prove it.

EU nonsense doesn't fly here, so check it at the door.

Hasn't Boba Fett beaten Jedis and Sith?

Rogue Jedi
Yes he has.

Dr Will Hatch
Hahaha, no, that's not how it works. If you make some wild claim not seen in the movies, YOU need to prove it.

EU nonsense doesn't fly here, so check it at the door.

Hasn't Boba Fett beaten Jedis and Sith? So what Vader said doesn't count? What Palpatine said about the Force being all powerful and omnipotent is hyperbole?

Robtard
So what Vader said doesn't count? What Palpatine said about the Force being all powerful and omnipotent is hyperbole?

What did Vader say, specifically?

"All powerful" doesn't translate into you making claims not supported by the film.

Jedi/Sith get hit, it happens. Their powers give them a great edge when facing none Force sensitives, but they're not untouchable.

Dr Will Hatch
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignifigant next to the power of the Force".

This means that at the very least, Force users can planet bust.

Robtard
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignifigant next to the power of the Force".

This means that at the very least, Force users can planet bust.

Again, how does that specifically translate into your claim that the Jedi only got hit/killed because of some supposed Palpatine voodoo?

Hahhahahahaa, no. If Palpatine could have busted a planet via Forcery, why did he build the Deathstar (twice, no less) to destroy planets?

Dr Will Hatch
Force users manipulate the course of events. This is related to, but seperate, from the Jedi Mind Trick.

Palpatines the fu*king Galactic Emperor, he doesn't have time to bust planets.

Robtard
Force users manipulate the course of events. This is related to, but seperate, from the Jedi Mind Trick.

Palpatines the fu*king Galactic Emperor, he doesn't have time to bust planets.

And this translate to him specifically making each Jedi that got killed not be able to block? No.

Because he can't, in the films.

Now it's best you take of your EU trousers and check them at the door, along with that SW fanboy-aspect you have lingering about you.

Dr Will Hatch
Sure it does. Like Yoda said "The Force...it's between the tree, the rock, everywhere...between land and the ship", can't remember the exact monologue. This doesn't necessarily mean that the Force can only affect things physically, it also means that it can affect things psionically, metaphysically, etc. So therefore, a Force user that is on a certain plane of power can affect minds across a vast distance, which Palpatine did. In fact, I would say he has a helluva lot more psionic control than Charles Xavier.

I understand the need to keep EU feats out of this forum, but this rule can be bended unfairly. If there was a movie in which God appears and doesn't do anything, would you say Nightcrawler beats him?

Robtard
Again, you're taking one thing and turning into something completely different, that doesn't fly here. If Palpatine could mentally make Jedi miss a block, why didn't he do it to all of them? Would have been easier than carrying out the directive 66.

You obviously don't understand the rules, as you continue to argue from a EU standpoint, and even in correctly from there (eg Boba killed Jedi)

To answer your question: Yes, movie feats count and Nightcrawler could "pwn" God as seen in the Passion of the Christ and The Last Temptation of Christ. Hell he could even beat five shades of shit out of Moses, and he actually showed magical powers in the film The Ten Commandments.

Now cease and desist the foolery, you've been thoroughly had. BTW, your SW fanboyism is worst than RJ's, don't think I didn't get the sly conotation with comparing God to Palpatine, funny, that,

Dr Will Hatch
I'm not using EU feats here. If I did, I would have evidence of Palpatine destroying a dozen star destroyers with a single bolt of Force lightening, or overcoming an entire planet through sheer will power. And Luke would be Galactus level.

What I'm using, is the terminology from the movies to defend what comes after the movies. It's no different from you saying that dementors have been said to have minds and thus can be manipulated by Charles Xavier. To answer your question about Order 66, some Jedi like Yoda and Obi Wan were powerful enough to overcome the telepathic assult on their fighting abilities. Second, the sheer number of storm troopers murdering Jedi clouds the Jedis precog even further, and adds to peoples fear of the upcoming Empire, which also adds to Palpatines power.

Robtard
Yoda saying 'there is a cloud over the Force, I can't see clearly' doesn't translate to Palpatine causing Jedi to get hit, where they normally wouldn't have.

Dementors have minds because they are shown thinking. Apples to oranges. I also dropped that issue because of the HP-boys crying and let them have it.

You're clearly stretching what was shown in the films and injecting what you know of the EU into it. Alas, that dog won't hunt in here, so just accept that you are wrong, because I am right.

Sadako of Girth
Loaded how?

By intentionally gimping it onto terms YOU thought McClane would lose on, and that thread was made in retaliation for some McSpite within your blackened harpey like souuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllll......

Dr Will Hatch
Yoda saying 'there is a cloud over the Force, I can't see clearly' doesn't translate to Palpatine causing Jedi to get hit, where they normally wouldn't have.

Dementors have minds because they are shown thinking. Apples to oranges. I also dropped that issue because of the HP-boys crying and let them have it.

You're clearly stretching what was shown in the films and injecting what you know of the EU into it. Alas, that dog won't hunt in here, so just accept that you are wrong, because I am right. So what he said about the Force being ubiquitous and ever present doesn't count? Yoda meant that the Force was all poweful and you know it, regardless of EU knowledge.

Rogue Jedi
By intentionally gimping it onto terms YOU thought McClane would lose on, and that thread was made in retaliation for some McSpite within your blackened harpey like souuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllll...... So pitting your hero against another man, on equal terms, an even playing field, is loading a thread? Wow. You REALLY dont like seeing McClane lose, do you?

Sadako of Girth
No, I dont mind, hes not really a hero of mine, exactly, but he sure beats Riggs.

Rogue Jedi
Sure he does, champ, sure he does.

Sadako of Girth
Sure he does, champ, sure he does.

He sure does, champ, he sure does.

Rogue Jedi
So you got a legit reason why this thread was started?

Sadako of Girth
You got a legitmate reason to be in it...? smile

Rogue Jedi
Table turner roll eyes (sarcastic)

The answer I seek is SPITE.

Sadako of Girth
I know very well the source of your questions, but since the spite is all in you, and not me, I cannot claim any responsiblility for your spitey-McClane dissing ways.

Rogue Jedi
Really now? And when have I ever gimped McClane? Hmm?

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud

Its nigh on impossible to ACTUALLY gimp him, but you attempt it all the time.

Rogue Jedi
Hardly. Pitting him against Indy h2h, on equal ground, is this what you mean?

Sadako of Girth
"Harrrrrrrdlllllllllllly...?" "Well then, who are you? Somebody I sent up? What did you do? Shop lifting, purse snatching.... cross-dressing? What?"

Nope.

I meant the constant McClane appearing in your threads and you desperately always will argue for his demise, favouring all above.

Plus the side you adopt even in non-RJ threads constantly on it is undenyable.

Rogue Jedi
"Harrrrrrrdlllllllllllly...?" "Well then, who are you? Somebody I sent up? What did you do? Shop lifting, purse snatching.... cross-dressing? What?"

Nope.

I meant the constant McClane appearing in your threads and you desperately always will argue for his demise, favouring all above.

Plus the side you adopt even in non-RJ threads constantly on it is undenyable. laughing Dude I use McClane because he is a popular choice here, plus he is one of my fave action characters laughing

Sadako of Girth
Then recognissssssse the Mac, bioooootch!!!! stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhh RJ, I see you trapped off and then closed your Indiana Jones Vs John McClane thread before I could reply, which is good for you I guess given how badly it and your attempt to gimp failed. Still in reply to this typical display of intellectualism by you:

"Tell me, what does McClane's penis taste like? Does he trim his pubes? How about when he shoots his load? Does he grab your ears and laugh, or does he throw his head back and say yippy ki ya mother****er?"

I say simply say - How very telling of you. You're a messed up dude arent you...?

Makes me look at your Harry Potter obsession in an uncomfortable light, thats for sure.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, I had it closed because we all made our points, and it was gonna continue to be page after page of the same old shit. Maybe I'll make a "McClane versus Neo" thread, but hey, it wouldnt be spite roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sadako of Girth
Well if by 'the same old shit' you mean 'RJs argument being destroyed again'...then yeah Id agree with you.

How typical, due to your butthurt nature, that a spite thread shoul be amoung your first thoughts... Im mean I could make Riggs versus Unicron/Bruce almighty... So whats your point with all that spite stuff?

Nevermind.

Rogue Jedi
OK man, whatever you say.

Robtard
McClane Vs The Deathstar wouldn't be spite either, in fact, he has a much better chance of pulling a win than those ebony & ivory duo, due to his movie feats.

Rogue Jedi
k.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.