So what stupid way will Megatron die in this one?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sado22
come on boys and girls, we all know that Sam shoving a cude in his robotboobs was stupid way to dispose of THE ultra badass we all love and secretly vouched for the whole time.

maybe this time mega fox will spill slushie in his circuits? or optimus would bite off his ears? or he'll fall on circuit cables have his entire program overwritten and turn into a large microwave or videogame console?

~Sado

Menetnashté
I was fine with the way he died : \ I don't really like megatron anyway so whatever way they kill him will be acceptable, hopefully by Optimus dropping some plates on his ass but whatever.

BruceSkywalker
I never had a problem with it, besides I knew Megatron would return

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Sado22
or optimus would bite off his ears?

~Sado

yes
Well, they did give this Prime a mouth.

roughrider
come on boys and girls, we all know that Sam shoving a cude in his robotboobs was stupid way to dispose of THE ultra badass we all love and secretly vouched for the whole time.

maybe this time mega fox will spill slushie in his circuits? or optimus would bite off his ears? or he'll fall on circuit cables have his entire program overwritten and turn into a large microwave or videogame console?

~Sado

Must be tough being a fanboy full of hate & can't get over things. stick out tongue I hope things turn around for you.

Nothing wrong with how Megatron got it in the last one. And I'm already in line for the new one.

Sado22
indeed. i even have a deceptican shirt.
not.
i just thought it was stupid the way he died. a human punk highschool kid puts a cube in his chest midfight and he dies? come on. that was lame....more so because it was shia "the buff dude" doing it.

Optimus: i kid autobots to go back home to. now they look at me and they'll get scared. look at my face man!! look at it!
laughing out loud

~Sado

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by roughrider
Must be tough being a fanboy full of hate & can't get over things. stick out tongue I hope things turn around for you.

Nothing wrong with how Megatron got it in the last one. And I'm already in line for the new one.

Now Now. stick out tongue

His comment was utterly justified.

Totally bullshit ending.

Megatron could VERY easily have crushed him and taken the cube but didnt in all the time he had to do it, because the human had to use the shitty plot device that saved writing a decent ending.

Terrible garbagey ending, but the only logical conclusion for 'visionaries' like Bay I guess. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sado22
ditto. school kids destroying giant robots only looks good in.........well, it never looks good.

~Sado

Sadako of Girth
Indeed.

A further credibility-gunshot to the head of BayMegatron.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Now Now. stick out tongue

His comment was utterly justified.

Totally bullshit ending.

Megatron could VERY easily have crushed him and taken the cube but didnt in all the time he had to do it, because the human had to use the shitty plot device that saved writing a decent ending.

Terrible garbagey ending, but the only logical conclusion for 'visionaries' like Bay I guess. roll eyes (sarcastic)
I don't think he could. Megatron seemed like he was rocked pretty hard at that point. He was barely making sense and sounded exhausted after each word "Mine! Allspark!"

I've seen people like that in MMA, people who get caught just right and they're out to lunch. Part of them wants to keep going but clearly they aren't in a state of mind to do that.

Though it occurs to me that there's a chance the military would have killed Megatron anyway considering all this. In fictional alien wars, humans usually have the edge in resourcefulness and this would be another example. Well... maybe not if he actually got the cube.

Sado22
well, in his defense he was being voiced by hugo weaving. anyone who remembers what a tantrum weaving was throwing at the end of Matrix Revolutions won't be surprised that megatron was reduced to a stuttering, monosylabbic sissy.

~Sado

Kazenji
I'm surprised they did'nt go to the extra touble of getting Frank Welker to voice him

oh well at least he voices Soundwave and Devastator for the Transformers sequal from what i read.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I don't think he could. Megatron seemed like he was rocked pretty hard at that point. He was barely making sense and sounded exhausted after each word "Mine! Allspark!"

I've seen people like that in MMA, people who get caught just right and they're out to lunch. Part of them wants to keep going but clearly they aren't in a state of mind to do that.

Though it occurs to me that there's a chance the military would have killed Megatron anyway considering all this. In fictional alien wars, humans usually have the edge in resourcefulness and this would be another example. Well... maybe not if he actually got the cube.

Yeah but thats just how Megtorn IS in this. Big, dumb sayer of things like "rarrrrrrrrr" and "Rarrrrrrr... I can smell you, boy...!" Megatron.

Yeah but that doesnt happen to Megatron.

In this version, maybe. Only because Megatron was was weaker in terms of defense than G1 Megatron. (Yet can still kick the shit out of Prime) The humans wouldnt have stood a chance against teh Megatron who withstood everything the US army barring full scale nukes for like 20 mins without a scratch. He stood there, took it for all that time, then calmly walked on back into the decep fortress calmy, just having totally demoralised humankind.

This is why Megatron was absolutely fearsome.

Thats why we needed the Autobots. Cause we stood NO CHANCE against the deceps.

All this recent "USA! USA!!!! We cant be seen to have a military that vulnerable" mentality right now is dictating the portayal of human effectiveness in these films. Still thats what Bay whored out for the use of the miltary equipment and vehicles.

They essentially used the movie as a propaganda flavoured recruitment drive.

Sado22
americans... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm surprised they did'nt go to the extra touble of getting Frank Welker to voice him

oh well at least he voices Soundwave and Devastator for the Transformers sequal from what i read.

It's funny, because Bay said that Welker's voice didn't fit is Megatron, and yet when you look at the video game, Frank's voice works just as much as Hugo's.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Kazenji

Frank Welker auditioned but apparently he sounded too old, or something like that, for the part. He did the voice for Megatron in the game and, while very nice to hear it again, his Megatron did sound pretty weary to me.

super pr*xy
lack of wd-40..

Tenebrous

don't forget americans gave you the concept and story of transformers . roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinXed by JaNx
As long as Megatrons size stays consistent i don't care what happens to him. I still feel cheated from the first movie. Did Bay not think anyone would notice that Megatron changed sizes from scene to scene?

Sadako of Girth

Well........neo cons maybe, Bay certainly....

But I liked that the dangers of indiscriminate bombing was attempted to be shown in TFS2 though. Kinda like 'Gangs of New York'ish when the two sides fight while the humans/English bomb away from afar with their ships.

So I will say to him 'fair play' for that.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Tenebrous
don't forget americans gave you the concept and story of transformers . roll eyes (sarcastic)

The story, yeah.... The concept, no.

The Japanse firm Takara are to thank there.

I have a few good American friends and Im a big fan of so much about the place....the until recently dominant right wing Fox news culture thing is the thing that annoys.

But its not the American people's fault.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
As long as Megatrons size stays consistent i don't care what happens to him. I still feel cheated from the first movie. Did Bay not think anyone would notice that Megatron changed sizes from scene to scene?
Did you ever watch the cartoon...Their sized changed like every scene. Originally posted by Tenebrous
big grin

Sado22
wiki it, foo. americans didn't give the concept.
americans....

and this movie was horrible. all we saw in it was americans doing what they love to do: wanking their military powers laughing out loud

~Sado

Sadako of Girth
Bob Budiansky is almost entirely to be thanked, Americans wise.

He named the G1 characters, and developed the earliest storylines.

The UK's Simon Furman kicked during ass after Budiansky's very arguable decline.

Tenebrous
The story, yeah.... The concept, no.

The Japanse firm Takara are to thank there.

I have a few good American friends and Im a big fan of so much about the place....the until recently dominant right wing Fox news culture thing is the thing that annoys.

But its not the American people's fault.
The concept as in the toys, no, but that is not what I'm talking about, as the toys are not Transformers; they're Diaclone, Microman, and what have you.

The concept of Transformers is a race of robotic aliens involved in their own war, etc., with two very distinct factions that were created specifically by Budiansky and his team at Marvel, whom Hasbro hired...not Takara. That's the distinction I'm trying to make.

wiki it, foo. americans didn't give the concept.
americans....

and this movie was horrible. all we saw in it was americans doing what they love to do: wanking their military powers laughing out loud

~Sado

Obviously, you need to get your facts straight about Transformers.
People like you who have typical stereotypes of americans roll eyes (sarcastic)...

Sado22
i don't know about american stereotypes, but i know enough of them to know that americans are to the west as arabs are to the east smile

~Sado

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Tenebrous
The concept as in the toys, no, but that is not what I'm talking about, as the toys are not Transformers; they're Diaclone, Microman, and what have you.

The concept of Transformers is a race of robotic aliens involved in their own war, etc., with two very distinct factions that were created specifically by Budiansky and his team at Marvel, whom Hasbro hired...not Takara. That's the distinction I'm trying to make.

Sure.
They often were exactly the same toys.
Name any G1 first season TFS that werent imported form other lines.

The real bit of ingenuity was in the toys.
Without that, Budiansky would have not had anything to go on.

Sado22
ditto.

Tenebrous
i don't know about american stereotypes, but i know enough of them to know that americans are to the west as arabs are to the east smile

~Sado

As a wiki editor myself, I'm surprised to see that you quote the article despite a blatant inaccuracy..could be just syntax, but it's enough to confuse people:

That's the beginning of the inspiration of/for Transformers, not the beginning of the actual concept or story. What I'm saying is, no one at Takara who made the Diaclone Insecticons summoned the marketing and engineering teams together and said "This grasshopper will be called Kickback, this beetle will be Shrapnel, and the other will be Bombshell, and they are part of the Decepticon faction." continues...

Sure.
They often were exactly the same toys.
Name any G1 first season TFS that werent imported form other lines.

The real bit of ingenuity was in the toys.
Without that, Budiansky would have not had anything to go on.

ditto.

No Season 1 TFs were original in concept. That does not equate to the concept of Transformers itself originating from Takara, but rather inspired by Takara.

For example, Norse/Anglo-Saxon/Germanic mythology has given us the god of thunder, Thor. I don't know too much about norse mythology so let's say that poet X came up with the idea of Thor and Odin and wrote the myths.

Centuries later Stan Lee and Jack Kirby use that inspiration and make Thor, the god of Thunder, who happens to be an Avenger.

The concept of Thor the Avenger, who has an alter ego on earth is entirely Lee's and Kirby's. The inspiration is from Poet X. However, at no point in his writings that Poet X realize that his works would be used as source material to create a distinct character used in Marvel Comics.

The concept of Thor in the norse myths and the concept of Thor in Marvel Comics are distinctly different, even though one (the marvel comics one) could not exist without the prior being created.

It's the same idea with Transformers. In fact, even if I agree with the logic that both of you are taking:

The MC-12 Gun Robo, which in Transformers lore is Megatron, is from the Takara line known as Microman. In turn, Microman is a miniaturized form of the previous Takara toyline, Henshin Cyborg, which included 12" tall figures/dolls. Henshin Cyborg itself was a derivative of the Takara Combat Joe toyline.

Takara's Combat Joe figure line of 12" dolls is based off a license Takara acquired from Hasbro. You may know this license under it's American name: G.I. JOE

The issue know is that if you're going to argue that the concept is takara's, because without them then budiansky would have nothing to go off of, then Megatron, Thundercracker, Starscream, Skywparp, Insecticons, Bumblebee and the rest of the minibots, perceptor, soundwave, blaster, the cassettes, etc. etc. which were all from Microman, would themselves never be around if Microman hadn't been a spawn of a toyline that was licensed, and based off of Hasbro's GI Joe.

Yup, look it up, Microman, which gave the inspiration from so many Transformers, was itself inspired from GI Joe.

That's why I'm making the distinction between the actual toy design, and the story and concept of Transformers.

on the one hand you have Microman MC-12 Gun Robo. On the other you have Transformers Decepticon Megatron. They are as distinct as much as the Norse Mythology Thor and the Marvel Comics Thor are.

Darkstorm Zero
Tenebrous thust utterly owned this thread.

http://www.geocities.com/hereditarybitch/pwned.jpg

Sado22
ah, shut yer mouth ye aussie prick! mad

i see.
it says on the wiki link that they were "hired" to make the story tho.

~Sado

Alma666fears
if they make a third movie it will most likely be a stupid death or defeat like he will pick a tree up to throw at optimus but he will get a splinter and cry lol

Sado22
true that laughing

Darth Rex
There was talks of Unicron
How about Prime and Megatron join forces to take down Unicron and then they win. Megatron lays there dying and says to Optimus he is sorry about the war. Optimus calls him a bastard and chops Megatron's head off!

Zack Fair
Doesn't sound like prime.

Darth Rex
i know but it would be funny!

Sado22
yeah, he'd probably start crying and turn into the last scene of romeo and juliet.

InfernoJG95
ummmmm probably not seeing as hes the most violent prime in the series: cutting bonecrushers head off violently , in a comic he cuts of barricades head which explains why hes late to battle megs , firing a shot into demolisher twice destroying his face (notice anything going on here: he likes faces) cutting into grindors leg and arm i thnk and then destroying his face with his hooks , cutting starscreams arm off , trying to pull of starscreams head with his foot , shooting half of megs face off , burning it with his jetpack , ripping his arm off and beating him , ripping of the fallens face and ripping out his spark(give me your face!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.