Galactus(F4 ROTSS) vs. The Nothing(NeverEnding Story)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

six6six
-Both could take out planets with ease, but if Galactus were to try and take out Fantasia, would he himself be taken out by the NOTHING?

XanatosForever
Science fiction versus fantasy brings up a lot of variables. erm

Galactus is a planet buster, certainly (though he/it's semi-featless in the movies), but the Nothing is quite literally a reality buster. It was the lack of any significant substance. It was nothing. Galactus can't win.

BruceSkywalker
I know nothing about NOTHING, but he prolly wins this

XanatosForever
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I know nothing about NOTHING, but he prolly wins this

The Nothing isn't a "he". The nothing has no gender, it's an abstract concept made manifest by the lack of kids imaginations. Galactus has no way to combat it, ergo, he loses.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by XanatosForever
The Nothing isn't a "he". The nothing has no gender, it's an abstract concept made manifest by the lack of kids imaginations. Galactus has no way to combat it, ergo, he loses.

oh well, since I know nothing about this ...thing, i do think it wins

NemeBro
Galactus in the movies was horseshit donkey balls, he loses.

He would have to be as powerful as comic Galactus, which I doubt.

six6six
Silver Surfer flew straight into that shit. Would he survive a head-on assult like that going towards The Nothing? Chances are, probably not.

Utrigita
Originally posted by NemeBro
Galactus in the movies was horseshit donkey balls, he loses.

thumb up

omgchos
Well we can't really guage much from these movies, but we know galactus would have eaten the world, wherease the nothing consumed their universe. And yeah it was a cloud of gas. So in this case the nothing does more.

HumanMovieGuide
I hadn't seen the Never Ending story in a while, but from what I remember and can tell the Nothing represents what happens to fictional characters after they are no longer wanted and forgotten about. It's not death per se, since how many times have a character died simply to come back the next episode/issue? It's character death in our world. An example would be X-man/Nate Grey from Marvel. He was interesting at first, but afterwards fans lost interest and Marvel decided to ax off the character, leaving him nothing more but a memory to devout comic fans.

Another example would be original Beyonder and Molecule Man. They retconned those two into cosmic cubes, then Beyonder into a inhuman mutant and I'm not sure what's happening with Owen. Saying the Secret Wars never happened, and a lot of people prefer to forget about them. So that's "the Nothing" at work.

NemeBro
Beyonder before the retcon or even after it>The Nothing sir.

I would just like to point that out. smile

six6six
Originally posted by NemeBro
Beyonder before the retcon or even after it>The Nothing sir.

Beyonder is out of control, but he IS still part of human fantasy. Therefore, he goes down. Besides, unless Bastian gives the princess a new name, NOTHING can stop "The Nothing".

NemeBro
Human fantasy in Neverending Storyverse=/=Actual fiction. Its dominion does not extend to Beyonder.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.