Nightmare(SC) vs Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gamerr-X
Nightmare (Soul Calibur) in his most powerful form vs Link is his most powerful.

Who wins?

ScreamPaste
In his most powerful form Link got the entire triforce. |:

Burning thought
So Nightmare wins?

ScreamPaste
If Link gets the entire triforce he wishes Nightmare out of existance.

Cosmic Cube
Link.

Link at his most powerful is, like, godly man. Din's Fire and Nayru's Love and Farore's Wind and the Triforce and infinite magic and Light Arrows? Nightmare can't compare, dude. This is like spite.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
If Link gets the entire triforce he wishes Nightmare out of existance. lol Forgot about that. He did say Link at his most powerful. (ala End of ALTTP)

Burning thought
Ive been told the triforce of power does not grant what link wishes, it grants what Link wants the most or something like that....

Nightmare would slam away at links head until he is buried, then Link will not be able to create enough momentum with his arms to escape from his earthy prison...

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Burning thought
Ive been told the triforce of power does not grant what link wishes, it grants what Link wants the most or something like that....

Nightmare would slam away at links head until he is buried, then Link will not be able to create enough momentum with his arms to escape from his earthy prison... lol you are such a troll BT.

The Triforce does whatever you tell it to. It's like a divine hooker.

ScreamPaste
Everything in Zelda says the triforce grants wishes. He wins. Also, the Triforce of power is Ganon's singular peice, we're talking about Link with the whole thing, Power, Wisdom, and Courage, all in one.

Burning thought
Grants them, sure but does it grant the wish you actively ask it? or does it just grant a wish, e.g. what you wish most without you actually telling it what you want, I didnt think the triforce was just a limited one wish Genie...

ScreamPaste
You tell it what you want. It's not a limited one wish genie, the only reason it split originally is because Ganon touched it and he believes only in power.

Cosmic Cube
Grants them, sure but does it grant the wish you actively ask it? or does it just grant a wish, e.g. what you wish most without you actually telling it what you want, I didnt think the triforce was just a limited one wish Genie... It grants whatever wishes you want, dude. And it can read your mind. Is that awesome or what?

You tell it what you want. It's not a limited one wish genie, the only reason it split originally is because Ganon touched it and he believes only in power. And cause he's a prick who didn't deserve it. The biggest mystery is why it flew away in TWW.

MooCowofJustice
I love this thread. BT's trying to belittle the Triforce. Amazing.

k1Lla441
Describe the fight next time, please.

NemeBro

Nightmare would slam away at links head until he is buried, then Link will not be able to create enough momentum with his arms to escape from his earthy prison... And yet you were arguing it would be used to kill Pyron...

The hypocrisy is apparent.

ScreamPaste
BT's been crawling up my ass in Link debates ever since the Kain vs Ganondorf debacle.

Burning thought
Originally posted by NemeBro
And yet you were arguing it would be used to kill Pyron...

The hypocrisy is apparent.

Not really, thats nothing to do with anything ive stated in this thread so as I said, go and read a post, then make a post of your own. roll eyes (sarcastic) now I can see the scope of your "grand intellect" laughing

And Screampaste I want to find out the truth about this triforce, and thats false, I crawl up your ass in link debates since you started stating 1000 ton strength link.

ScreamPaste
So since I started stating canon and you don't like it you've made a hobby of trying to scale the inside of my colon? no expression

Burning thought
I dont agree that its a cutscene, so I dont agree its canon, and I dont agree that mathmatics regardless of correctness can be applied to a video game rock whos weight can only be assumed based on real world objects. The actual canon is unkown, in canon he may not have actualy lifted that rock.

MooCowofJustice
It was blocking his way to Ganondorf inside the castle, he got to Ganondorf and beat him. He lifted the pillar.

I think you even had to do it twice, one to get into a room, and then another inside of said room.

Phanteros
gay thread

Burning thought
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
It was blocking his way to Ganondorf inside the castle, he got to Ganondorf and beat him. He lifted the pillar.

I think you even had to do it twice, one to get into a room, and then another inside of said room.

The player had to...if Link gained the strength Screampaste claims Link could in canon smashed through the castle with his gauntlets on.

ScreamPaste
The player had to...if Link gained the strength Screampaste claims Link could in canon smashed through the castle with his gauntlets on.
And yet canonicly Link DID /throw/ blocks which weighed over 1000 tons. :] So that he could've smashed trhough walls is irrelevant, because he has a better feat.

Burning thought
Theres no canon at all about it. Your just using the fact the player has to move the blocks as a reasoning, I think its mentioned in one of the other threads by 5L about his example of a character being able to jump over a low fence but because of gameplay, he has to get "blue key" for "green fence" to pass......

Either way, as I said nobody actually has to take your math for fact, simply because the developers themselves do not outline the weight of the stone.

ScreamPaste
So, you're in denial?

Burning thought
No, I like canon, not fanfiction....

ScreamPaste
It's not fanfiction if it happens in the game, sir. :]

Burning thought
Show me the 1000 ton weight of the stone in the game please

ScreamPaste
I've posted screenshots, the screenies clearly display it's volume, and Nintendo said it's granite, thus showing it's density, and I mathed it as weighing less than granite anyway, so you're crying for what?

Burning thought
I've posted screenshots, the screenies clearly display it's volume, and Nintendo said it's granite, thus showing it's density, and I mathed it as weighing less than granite anyway, so you're crying for what?

Ive bolded the only relevent part in your post, your math is irrelvent, Nintendo may not have implied or wanted to imply it was 1000 tons, such weight would cause a lot more than just a stone being thrown into the air, infact I would not be surprised if links gauntlets (they metal) would break the stone, his feet would sink into the ground and he would half bury himself and other things would happen to him. Nintendo didnt want to include that either nor do they imply its that heavy, they only imply its heavy.

ScreamPaste
Lol, you're so bad at this.

It was obviously meant to be impressive, Nintendo say it's granite, the fact is it weighs /atleasy/ 1000 tons. My math is perfectly relevant and you're a terrible troll. :/ Atleast you keep me amused though.

Burning thought
lol...."sigh" my argument stays the same, youve not actually addressed it with any logic, youve simply claimed the opposite to what ime claiming, you pretty much just said "no ime right!"

ScreamPaste
Lol, and you've said "No, up's not that way because I fell to the left yesterday"

You can't change facts.

Fact 1. Link threw the stone in canon.

Fact 2. It's granite in canon.

Fact 3. it's huge in canon.

Fact 4. Weight is a result of volume and density.

So, address these in a way that makes some sense? Lol.

K1ll3r
Fact 5. Link was knocked out from being thrown from a horse.

ScreamPaste
Fact 6. Link survived the destruction of the moon shortly thereafter. What you're describing is a plot point, Link had to lose the Ocarina for the game to happen.

K1ll3r
Lol, Link had to survive the moon explosion for the game to have completed happily =)

Burning thought
Ive heard you dont even see Link being destroyed by the moon or even hit by the damage, apprently he was in an alternate dimension that was in the center of the moon. I think this was debated before and it was decided Link cannot survive moon busting.

NemeBro
Not really, thats nothing to do with anything ive stated in this thread so as I said, go and read a post, then make a post of your own. roll eyes (sarcastic) now I can see the scope of your "grand You were defending it and asserting that it would kill Pyron, but now you are questioning it so it will not kill Nightmare.

Surely you can see the hypocrisy in such behavior?

Burning thought
No I was pointing out that it can kill Pyron, it can indeed kill Nightmare, whether or not it works on an actual wish Link makes

There are many many major diffrences between Pyron and Nightmare. mainly based around looks, id ask you to try and name why this is important but ill not bother, I do want to get to bed tonight.....

NemeBro
No I was pointing out that it can kill Pyron, it can indeed kill Nightmare, whether or not it works on an actual wish Link makes

There are many many major diffrences between Pyron and Nightmare. mainly based around looks, id ask you to try and name why this is important but ill not bother, I do want to get to bed tonight..... You were arguing that it definately would kill Pyron to my recollection. I won't dismiss the possibility of me remembering wrong though.

The differences between Pyron and Nightmare? Well let us see, one is greater than the other in every single way. That good enough for you?

Burning thought
"sigh"....Pyron is an enormous larger than planet sized entity, regardless of whether or not Links triforce gives him what he wants passively deep down or what he wants directly from him asking for it, Pyron is going to make him immedialtey want it gone..

Nightmare, a crude looking being Link could easily fight given Screampastes deductions and powers would not provoke an instant requirement for it to be gone, so if Links triforce only allows him what he really wants deep down, he may not get Nightmare instantly removed.

NemeBro
"sigh"....Pyron is an enormous larger than planet sized entity, regardless of whether or not Links triforce gives him what he wants passively deep down or what he wants directly from him asking for it, Pyron is going to make him immedialtey want it gone..

Nightmare, a crude looking being Link could easily fight given Screampastes deductions and powers would not provoke an instant requirement for it to be gone, so if Links triforce only allows him what he really wants deep down, he may not get Nightmare instantly removed. The goal of these threads is to defeat the opponent, that is the only goal of the characters, and both get basic knowledge of eachother, Link would want Nightmare gone obviously.

Burning thought
How a character goes about defeating an opponent is up to them, the goal is to defeat, not necessarily disintegrate into nothing. Link could just end up getting a ridiculous boost or he may get something other than what would help him against Nightmare, like peace and happiness or something or w/e he wished for in LoZ. That's only if the tool didn't adhere to his direct wish and looked at what he really wants.

NemeBro
The only thing a character really wants is to defeat the opposing character when it is in a vs. thread.

So the Triforce will grant that wish regardless.

Burning thought
How do you know that? for all you know he could want to do something else, the character does not lose all thoughts and personality in an argument. Thats never part of a thread....

Darkstorm Zero
It is true we cannot destroy the character's personality to conform to the vs threads, however, generally, we have the characters "Bloodlusted" and attempt to kill the opponent if the option is available...

It does however, become tedious, we should take personality traits into consideration when trying to reach an actual conclusion. Would link not try everything else in his arsenal before resorting to the Triforce to win any and every match he has it in? Kina becomes a plot device then doesn't it?

Burning thought
I dont think Links the kind of guy to just wish something out of existence anyway, even if he is blood lusted, otherwise that sort of goes against his just and courageous character.

ScreamPaste
Why would Link, who already has the triforce, bother doing anything more than making a quick wish to get rid of Nightmare? Hey, there's an evil dude here.. Hey, now there isn't, sweet.

ArtificialGlory
I believe that the full Triforce grants its wielder impressive powers apart from the ability to wish stuff out of existence.

I don't think Link would even need to resort to wishing Nightmare out of existence in order to beat him.

ScreamPaste
^True. The combined power of all three pieces makes this pretty spitey even without wishing.

Burning thought
I dont like Nightmare anyway, so I dont really care, what ime interested in is cold hard evidence from an offical source outlining the true powers of the full triforce. I have been told several things.

MooCowofJustice
I believe that the ending of ALttP actually has Link use the wishing power, but I'd have to check to be sure.

Darkstorm Zero
Link wins due to toonforce & plot device

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Gay, but true.

NemeBro
Link doesn't use toonforce.

ScreamPaste
Link doesn't use toonforce. This. Someone highlight Link using toonforce, ever?

Shutter Shack
Nightmare tears a new one.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Shutter Shack
Nightmare tears a new one.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5660/opzn8pt.gif

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/5660/opzn8pt.gif
haermm

Shutter Shack
Don't you mean the opening post? I could care less what people have posted after that.

And yes, I still say Nightmare wins. Whenever I think Link I don't imagine him with a plot device that can get him to win every battle he's put in.

But of course with a wish-granting tri-force, he could own the Soul Calibur verse. How fun that is roll eyes (sarcastic), and it's a plot-device even when it's not simply granting wishes.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Shutter Shack
Don't you mean the opening post? I could care less what people have posted after that.

And yes, I still say Nightmare wins. Whenever I think Link I don't imagine him with a plot device that can get him to win every battle he's put in.

But of course with a wish-granting tri-force, he could own the Soul Calibur verse. How fun that is roll eyes (sarcastic), and it's a plot-device even when it's not simply granting wishes.

You should always read the thread. The original post said Link at his most powerful, and you obviously didn't think about the Triforce. If you read the thread, you would have known about it.

Sin_Volvagia
Forget the Triforce, I think any endgame Link would take Nightmare down as long as he doesn't go completely brute force (unless it's Oni Link).

Shutter Shack
I'm not the only one who thinks Link without a plot device loses against Nightmare. smile
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero

ScreamPaste
Remember when I asked fro an example of toonforce and /got none/?

K1ll3r
Remember when I asked fro an example of toonforce and /got none/?

There is no toonforce in any Zelda games, no-one can get evidence for it! xD

NemeBro
Well there is ONE instance, when the goron is tossed in the lava during TP.

ScreamPaste
That's not really toon force so much as a slightly comedic way to get the Goron back on the platform, it has no real consequence to anything.

C. C. Cowgirl!
That's not really toon force so much as a slightly comedic way to get the Goron back on the platform, it has no real consequence to anything.

It's toonforce if he bounce back up. Don't know what you're talking about, but that can't be used as feat.

K1ll3r
Well there is ONE instance, when the goron is tossed in the lava during TP.

Oh right, forgot about that.

But it has no bearing in this debate.

ScreamPaste
It's not a feat, that's why it's not toonforce. Link throws a Goron, this is not toonforce. The Goron lands in lava, and the fight must be continued, one throw is.. well really easy. Nintendo needs a way for the Goron to get back up? A simply lava bounce, while slightly comedic, achieves this, and the fight continues.

C. C. Cowgirl!
It's not a feat, that's why it's not toonforce. Link throws a Goron, this is not toonforce. The Goron lands in lava, and the fight must be continued, one throw is.. well really easy. Nintendo needs a way for the Goron to get back up? A simply lava bounce, while slightly comedic, achieves this, and the fight continues.

Toonforce. Toonmechanic. Details shrug

ScreamPaste
Toon mechanic, I'll give you =P

I like to argue technicalities. :]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.