The Final Destination -HD/3D- (2009)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
i liked final destination. but it got repetitive. but i'm definitely watching this one for sure, mainly only for the hd3d and the gore and just to see how it ends this time.

obviously this one gonna be that last film in the series cause it's called "The Final Destination" so i'm interested in how they're gonna "kill" death or w/e else they come up with. it's not a film you take seriously but it's something kinda fun to do on a sat. with the gf. Hope it comes out in Imax.

MildPossession
Some of us have already talked about this film in the Horror film section.

Impediment
Meh. The first FD was good, in it's own right, but the sequels were just plain dreck. I really have no interest in seeing it in 3-D.

MildPossession
The sequel has the best opening so far.

sheila143
they were used to good,but now they are losing their way,hope thet will coming up with good things and projects

FistOfThe North
Saw this yesterday. One of the best opening sequences i've ever seen in a horror film along with the matching ending sequence. But it was it was just another typical Final Destination movie.

This movie generally could've been a stand alone movie, it could've been pt.1, 2, or 3. Is it the last one, dunno, it ends in typical "FD" fashion, yet another "FD" film ends up coming out afterwards, but then you have the hint in the title itself "The Final Destination" clearly indicating that it's the last one of the series, from how i'm interpreting it. So i dunno.

The deaths were just as gory and sometimes flinch-worthy and more people died in this movie that in the other ones but i saw nothing new. It'd'a been nice if the deaths were just a bit creative this time around especially with it being the last one..

Anyhoo, i give the film a 7/10. The "F.D." movies and it's concept are now old. T'was a nice series but now it should be laid to rest.

gobstakid777
it was pretty entertaining,not an oscar winner,but i definately felt i got my money's worth

MildPossession
Well we never expect these films to be Oscar winning in the first place, it is in the realm of a slasher film afterall...

FistOfThe North
the realm of horror, you mean.

BruceSkywalker
and bring on the next one

MildPossession
No, I was quite correct. Slasher, a sub-genre of Horror. To me, the Final Destination films are like slasher films, instead of an actual physical killer, it's death.

FistOfThe North
Isn't a slasher film one which a serial killer (person) predates it's victems via sharp objects.

this movie falls more under the splatter film sub genre rather than slasher.

MildPossession
Splatter is another term you could use to describe the films, but they can fall into Slasher since they do tend to have the traits of a Slasher film. I did also say like a slasher film, not full on. They remind me of Slasher films but with a supernatual killer instead of a physical killer presence as I said above.

I tend to see Splatter as more over OVER the top gore/violence, like Braindead for example can be described as Splatter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.