Voldemort vs. Saruman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Fight is on top of Saruman's tower.

Saruman doesn't have his sword, only his staff.

Which of these two evil wizards would win?

FistOfThe North
isn't it Sauran's tower?..

anyway i got Saruman takes this. His magic's much more potent.

Robtard
Gather the HP fanboys...

Dr Will Hatch
Doesn't Voldemort have too many stairs to climb?

NemeBro
Saruman doesn't wield a sword.

And Saruman's best feats were a pseudo-telekinetic battle with Gandalf, and causing an avalanche, which is not a combat feat.

Voldemort with one spell.

Being from a better movie(book too) does not equate to a win.

Rogue Jedi
Saruman's staff......heeheeheheehee......

Sadako of Girth
I would catagorise Saurumen's avalanche attack as remote bombing.

Which surely is to be regarded as a combatative move.

Utrigita
Lets remember that it toke a long time for Saruman to create the lightning to create the Avalanche

As for the thread Voldemort wins, imo Saruman doesn't have enough usefull spells to dispose of Voldemort, in fact he only got a fireball and Telekinese.

Dr Will Hatch
Saruman can't die because he's a Maiar.

BADGALcharlie26
voldermort for the win. and actually he knows not just one spell quite a lot of powerful spells even Dumbledore said he was one of Hogwarts gifted students ever plus he's fast with his spells than I think sauruman is with his.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Utrigita
Lets remember that it toke a long time for Saruman to create the lightning to create the Avalanche

As for the thread Voldemort wins, imo Saruman doesn't have enough usefull spells to dispose of Voldemort, in fact he only got a fireball and Telekinese.

But thats the beauty of the long range thing...... You have the time to mount the attack.

Utrigita
He had against Gandalf he doesn't have it against Voldemort.

Sadako of Girth
Why would he not?

omgchos
Originally posted by Robtard
Gather the HP fanboys...
And im the troll..... Is it fun now?

omgchos
Its called Isenguard and Saruman takes this one. He can bring down a mountain on someones head.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Why would he not?

Because Voldemort would be standing around 10 feet from him, ward ready?

Sadako of Girth
Ah well if thats the case, I see what you mean.

Utrigita
According to the Thread Starter they are fighting at the top of Saruman's tower, now I might have misunderstood it, but as I see it the top would be the space Saruman had access to at 1:04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nyDYI-bO-8

Nephthys
Voldemort shanks him.

Robtard
Originally posted by omgchos
And im the troll..... Is it fun now?

Yes, you are, glad we're in agreement. It's always fun, sir.

Listen, just because you consistently fail when you try and counter my (and most others) argument in one of these threads is no reason we can't get amicably along.

omgchos
So should youbig grin

Robtard
Originally posted by omgchos
Its called Isenguard and Saruman takes this one. He can bring down a mountain on someones head.

But can he do that avalanche faster than Voldermort can death spell?

Also, if they're both on Isenguard, how would be not also kill himself? Not that it matters, since the point above stands, I'm just curious.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Saruman can't die because he's a Maiar. Well you wanna bring stuff from the books into this then Saruman was banished from physical form by being stabbed with a dagger from Wormtongue. no expression

It took a decent amount of time to use the avalanche, and he is far too close to use it on Voldemort, who can teleport anyway, when Voldemort just needs to use Avada Kedavra to win.

Luminatus
Originally posted by NemeBro
Well you wanna bring stuff from the books into this then Saruman was banished from physical form by being stabbed with a dagger from Wormtongue. no expression

And yet he'd still totally beat Voldemort, book or movie.

Hp doesn't even come close to LOTR in power.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Luminatus
And yet he'd still totally beat Voldemort, book or movie.

Hp doesn't even come close to LOTR in power. And now why would that be? Because you say so?

While it is true that the top of LotR would utterly destroy HP, Saruman, would lose, because he is weaksauce.

Quincy
Nemebro is right. Voldemort takes the win. The hell is Saruman going to do? Launch the palantir at him?

dadudemon
Dude...

It's like comparing apples to 32 ounces.

If both characters were in their mortal forms, nor horucruxes and no intangible forms, then Volds wins this absurdly fast.

If they both are their most common self, Voldy still wins no problem. In the LotRs universe, it takes much longer to cast a spell...so...that's why this isn't fair. If we gave Voldy the same rules....since they are in his universe, it takes much longer to manipulate the magics in that universe and much longer to cast spells.

I'm quite sure Moving Saruman to the HP-verse would net us some uber powerful wizards. It would be like moving Goku from 100x gravity to Planet Namek against the Ginyu force. It would feel like lifting tons of weight off of their shoulders...shoulders that were used to the extreme difficulty and mastery it takes to use magic in he LotRs verse.

But in either case, it would take each wizard quite some time to learn/get used to the magic of each universe, and how to manipulate it in that verse. However, Voldy still stomps as he can easily leech that info right out of someone's mind.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
It would be like moving Goku from 100x gravity to Planet Namek against the Ginyu force. It would feel like lifting tons of weight off of their shoulders...shoulders that were used to the extreme difficulty and mastery it takes to use magic in he LotRs verse.

Gayest post of the day, congrats.

Rogue Jedi
Gayest post of the day, congrats. haermm

leonheartmm
saruman. that dagger only killed him after all his powers were taken away by gandalf.

dadudemon
Gayest post of the day, congrats.

Thank you. But I don't think you appreciate the humor as much as I do.

Robtard
Thank you. But I don't think you appreciate the humor as much as I do.

I understood your gravity/DBZ reference, sir.

dadudemon
I understood your gravity/DBZ reference, sir.

I never said you didn't. I just said I don't think you appreciate the humor.

NemeBro
...Your post is wrong.

Voldemort's magic comes from himself. Not from his verse.

Same with Saruman.

Placing them in different verses would do...Nothing.

dadudemon
...Your post is wrong.

Voldemort's magic comes from himself. Not from his verse.

Same with Saruman.

Placing them in different verses would do...Nothing.

You're wrong. Magic people in each verse are magic because they can use the "magical energies" from each verse. It is very much like the force...you are either sensitive to it, or you're not...despite the fact that it's still there. Muggle vs. wizard. smile

Robtard
Yeah, but they'd most likely need an intermediate program like Wine to run their particular magic in another "verse", just saying. Even then, there could be unexpected compatibility issues and system freezes and/or crashes.

Think Orco, from He-Man. Grand wizards in one realm, bumbling retard in the another.

dadudemon
Yeah, but they'd most likely need an intermediate program like Wine to run their particular magic in another "verse", just saying. Even then, there could be unexpected compatibility issues and system freezes and/or crashes.

Think Orco, from He-Man. Grand wizards in one realm, bumbling retard in the another.

Lulz.

True.

It could be just like that.

It could be that in the Tolkien verse, magic is so scarce that it takes all of that concentration and incantation.

NemeBro
You're wrong. Magic people in each verse are magic because they can use the "magical energies" from each verse. It is very much like the force...you are either sensitive to it, or you're not...despite the fact that it's still there. Muggle vs. wizard. smile Alright. Prove it then. smile

dadudemon
Alright. Prove it then. smile

Can't. smile

It's my own interpretation of the universe.

Prove that wizards are magical because magic comes from their being, and only their being, and nothing else. smile

Robtard
Ugh, have to side with DDM on this one, more often than not, when dealing with magic and magic users in film, there's mention of 'drawing upon mystic energies', implying that the magic energy/force is there, one only need the know how or have the ability to use it to their will.

NemeBro
Can't. smile

It's my own interpretation of the universe.

Prove that wizards are magical because magic comes from their being, and only their being, and nothing else. smile Nah.

Although Saruman is a Maiar, and Maiar are divine beings that are gifted with magical powers themselves, they draw from no source of power.

But that is book stuff and is not applicable here.

Quincy
If magic is taken from their respective verses, than anybody would be capable of performing magic. They'd just have to learn how to "grab it" out of the air.

Voldemort can perform magic because he has magic within him. He doesn't draw it out from the world around him.

Rogue Jedi
Dunno about magic, but the Force "exists" all around us, as Yoda put it. I am betting magic is the same. And, like the Force, only those attuned to it can wield it.

leonheartmm
saruman's magic came from the part of his power as maier that was allowed to manifest in middle earth. ultimately, it comes from eru illuvater.

NemeBro
Originally posted by leonheartmm
saruman's magic came from the part of his power as maier that was allowed to manifest in middle earth. ultimately, it comes from eru illuvater. Eru Illuvitar gave it to them yeah, since he you know, created them and all of Middle Earth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.