do you think George Lucas hates Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheMagicPillow
I think so.
all the stuff he's done to him.
-Killed the 2 women he's ever loved (his mom, and padme).
-Made it so none of the masters trust him.
-Had all his limbs removed and nearly burnt alive,
-Cant live without a respirator.
-Even moving is painful.
-Had his hand cut off like a hundred times (not just talking about the movies either).
-Put many limitations on him.
-Built him up as the most powerful jedi ever and just tore him down.
-Made him one of the most hated beings in the galaxy.

I really think George does hate him.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by TheMagicPillow
I think so.
-Even moving is painful.
-Had his hand cut off like a hundred times (not just talking about the movies either).

I really think George does hate him. He wouldn't be Vader if he didn't do anything bad. Kind of a boring character then.

He didn't kill his mom.

It was Mace who was the main proponent in the mistrust.

And the rest are simply physical limitations--nothing wrong with that.

The "torn down" part and the "hated being" part are a part of his character, they're what make him Vader. Seriously, I wouldn't even have bothered with Star Wars if their primary villain sucked as much as he would have without these things.

A better question would be "Does George Lucas' greed know no bounds?" And the answer would be yes.

RaidenDeadpool
Oh please. The whole damn saga is based around him. It sucked having to deal with the whiny brat known as Anakin in the PT. Vader made the OT as good as it was.

Lord Lucien
Yeah, the whiny side to him could have be written out. The novelizations painted him a much better light.

TheMagicPillow
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
He wouldn't be Vader if he didn't do anything bad. Kind of a boring character then.

He didn't kill his mom.

The "torn down" part and the "hated being" part are a part of his character, they're what make him Vader. Seriously, I wouldn't even have bothered with Star Wars if their primary villain sucked as much as he would have without these things.

A better question would be "Does George Lucas' greed know no bounds?" And the answer would be yes.

sorry i should have been more clear. by "he" i mean george lucas not anakin. again sorry i should have been more clear

Lord Lucien
sorry i should have been more clear. by "he" i mean george lucas not anakin. again sorry i should have been more clear No i know what you meant. The only real bad things George Lucas did to the Anakin/Vader character was make him more whiny than was necessary.

Red Nemesis
I don't follow. If George Lucas is the subject in all of these posts, then Lucien, one of your statements 'He didn't kill his mom' is completely false. George Lucas (the subject you were talking about) did kill Anakin's mom. It happened.

RaidenDeadpool
No i know what you meant. The only real bad things George Lucas did to the Anakin/Vader character was make him more whiny than was necessary.

Amen.

Introduce a little Lucien. Upset the fanboys peaceful existence. George Lucas is the very definition of GREEDY.

big grin

TheMagicPillow
He wouldn't be Vader if he didn't do anything bad. Kind of a boring character then.

He didn't kill his mom.

yeah i agree with you also. i just meant that he tortures the poor guy..lol
it does make him a far more interesting character than any one else in my opinion.
The only thing that bothers me is i dont know why he had to take THAT much power away from him and put THAT many limitations on him.
He'd be just as cool without the control panel on the front of his chest..lol

kotorfan
Originally posted by RaidenDeadpool
Amen.

Introduce a little Lucien. Upset the fanboys peaceful existence. George Lucas is the very definition of GREEDY.

big grin

that sounds like his sig

you forgot to put "and everything becomes a ponzi scheme" inbetween existence, and George.

so it should look like this.. :

~:Mr.Anderson:~
that's like saying god hates humans because he created pain receptors.

Red Nemesis
And that would be like saying that God created humans. (lol)

But you know that god can't hate us. He invented Aspirin and meth pot.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
And that would be like saying that God created humans. (lol)

But you know that god can't hate us. He invented Aspirin and meth pot. YEs. now you are talking my language!!

Lord Lucien
yeah i agree with you also. i just meant that he tortures the poor guy..lol
it does make him a far more interesting character than any one else in my opinion.
The only thing that bothers me is i dont know why he had to take THAT much power away from him and put THAT many limitations on him.
He'd be just as cool without the control panel on the front of his chest..lol I think the limitations were to explain his lack of awesomeness in the OT. Imagine Vader going from owning everyone in the Clone Wars to sucking like he did (to be relative) in the OT. Weird.

But then The Force Unleashed counteracts that so it's all a WTG. Weird thing is that game was personally approved by Lucas and co. Those guys... they're schemers. Schemers trying to control their little world.

TheMagicPillow
I think the limitations were to explain his lack of awesomeness in the OT. Imagine Vader going from owning everyone in the Clone Wars to sucking like he did (to be relative) in the OT. Weird.

But then The Force Unleashed counteracts that so it's all a WTG. Weird thing is that game was personally approved by Lucas and co. Those guys... they're schemers. Schemers trying to control their little world.

Yeah i agree, though i still love Vader and he is by far my favorite character in the star wars universe.
i bet if they had a bigger budget and they knew as much about the star wars universe as they do now (a lot has happened since the first 3.........). then Vader would have been shown to be far more powerful and would have done far bigger feats in the OT....lol

though he kicks ass in the EU.

loved the joker line to =]

Ultimate Vader
I think so.
-Even moving is painful.

I really think George does hate him.

What?!?!?!? That's what make him as a cultural character, it's great man. Many people in the world know Vader, but not many people know about Marka Ragnos or Exar Kun, or Darth Nihilus (no offense, those guys are my favorites too).

I just hope he do even more and greater feats, according to the phrase "80% of Palpatine". That phrase is so ambiguous.

TheMagicPillow
Originally posted by Ultimate Vader
What?!?!?!? That's what make him as a cultural character, it's great man. Many people in the world know Vader, but not many people know about Marka Ragnos or Exar Kun, or Darth Nihilus (no offense, those guys are my favorites too).

I just hope he do even more and greater feats, according to the phrase "80% of Palpatine". That phrase is so ambiguous.

yeah im glad that happened to him (besides taking away most of his power. i hate when my favorite characters are depowered, but i guess that explains why he takes orders from palpatine) because he wouldnt be as interesting without it.
i just thought i would point out that there was a lot of stuff done to him by george lucas..lol

Advent
Yeah i agree, though i still love Vader and he is by far my favorite character in the star wars universe.
i bet if they had a bigger budget and they knew as much about the star wars universe as they do now (a lot has happened since the first 3.........). then Vader would have been shown to be far more powerful and would have done far bigger feats in the OT....lol

Darth Vader isn't supposed to be all powerful. He is a psychologically tormented shell of his former self. I don't think Lucas had any other intentions for Vader being "powerful" given that he outright calls him a "crippled half droid who isn't a real Jedi". "Jedi" being used in the sense of a warrior.

Gideon
Originally posted by Advent
Darth Vader isn't supposed to be all powerful. He is a psychologically tormented shell of his former self. I don't think Lucas had any other intentions for Vader being "powerful" given that he outright calls him a "crippled half droid who isn't a real Jedi". "Jedi" being used in the sense of a warrior.

Mr. Lucas changes his mind periodically. He also gave the figure for Vader having eight-tenths of Palpatine's power in the Force. And while one could squeeze in there that perhaps he meant for Palpatine to be just another Tom, Dick, and Palpy as regards the Force, he also gave the statement that "Only Mace and Yoda can compete ," which is an accolade I'd personally reserve for a pretty badass figure.

The idea that Lucas had a comprehensive, established plan that was flawlessly executed is a total and utter myth.

Dr McBeefington
^What he said. Just look at the various retcons in FOTJ and the new SW game.

Gideon
I'm going to purchase Omen todayyyy.

Advent
Originally posted by Gideon
Mr. Lucas changes his mind periodically. He also gave the figure for Vader having eight-tenths of Palpatine's power in the Force. And while one could squeeze in there that perhaps he meant for Palpatine to be just another Tom, Dick, and Palpy as regards the Force, he also gave the statement that "Only Mace and Yoda can compete ," which is an accolade I'd personally reserve for a pretty badass figure.

The idea that Lucas had a comprehensive, established plan that was flawlessly executed is a total and utter myth.

What are you talking about, exactly? I was responding to this:

Btw, saying Lucas "changes his mind periodically" doesn't hold any value especially if you don't know what he changes his mind on.

Dr McBeefington
Other than Dark Empire, we don't know what he changes his mind on directly, but we do know these ridiculous retcons at some point are approved by Lucas.

Gideon
Originally posted by Advent
What are you talking about, exactly?

It was actually pretty simple to understand, but...

^ You said this. You said that you didn't think Lucas "had any other intentions for Vader being powerful." I'm telling you that that's wrong; Lucas gave us the figure of Vader having 80% of Palpatine's power, the same guy whom he says only Yoda and Mace can compete with.

He did have other intentions and they are changing depending on the dosage of medication and what he has for dinner.

I'm also telling you that the idea that he had a pre-established plan for anything regarding Star Wars is a myth. Vader included.

Btw, saying "saying Lucas changes his mind periodically doesn't hold any value especially if you don't know what he changes his mind on" doesn't hold any value when there is this lovely guide to what he changed his mind on called the Secret History of Star Wars.

Check it out sometime.

Ushgarak
Obviously irrelevant for the area- closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.