Ironman vs Dumbledore

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr Will Hatch
Forgive me please. this is the last HP related battle I'm doing for a while. I just think it would be a really cool battle between the best of the muggle world vs the best sorcerer. No prep. Battlefield is an empty football field.

Robtard
Before Dumbledorf can finish uttering Avadi-kadaveri, Ironman shots and obliterates his ass. /the end

Dr Will Hatch
It's not that simple. He can teleport at the speed of a thought. And Dumbledore doesn't kill.

KingD19
Iron man easily. Dumbledore has spells, but tracking someone who can move as fast as Iron Man and with weapons as fast as bullets, he goes down. Can't block what you can't see.

Robtard
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
It's not that simple. He can teleport at the speed of a thought. And Dumbledore doesn't kill.
Doesn't he have to wave his wand about to trigger that spell?

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Robtard
Doesn't he have to wave his wand about to trigger that spell? You don't have to incite anything to do it, you just think about the location. And Dumby showed that he has blocking spells that he doesn't have to say out loud, and he can do them pretty quick. I think he could repell all of Ironmans repulsor rays and missiles.

Rogue Jedi
Doesn't he have to wave his wand about to trigger that spell? Dumbledore is a hard one to gauge. Some spells he can indeed release at will without speaking, some not.

Robtard
What about the teleport spell? Did he TP without waving his wand and speaking, or did he wave his wand and utter a spell in the movie to do so? I believe it's the later.

If not, Ironman might be ****ed here.

Rogue Jedi
What about the teleport spell? Did he TP without waving his wand and speaking, or did he wave his wand and utter a spell in the movie to do so? I believe it's the later.

If not, Ironman might be ****ed here. I am pretty sure someone of Dumbledores caliber can apparate around like NC can TP.

Dr Will Hatch

If not, Ironman might be ****ed here. I just said you just have to concentrate on where you want to go and you're there, no wand necessary. I don't remember if they actually show Dumbledore physically doing it, but there's no spell in the movies or books for TP.

Ironman has the speed and strength advanatage though.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I am pretty sure someone of Dumbledores caliber can apparate around like NC can TP.

This Nightcrawler-like ability is shown in the films? Because that's about as high caliber as you can get, TP-wise.

Robtard
I just said you just have to concentrate on where you want to go and you're there, no wand necessary. I don't remember if they actually show Dumbledore physically doing it, but there's no spell in the movies or books for TP.

Ironman has the speed and strength advanatage though.

How long did he concentrate in the film(s) before the TP happened?

Dr Will Hatch
Well in the books it says it's at the speed of a thought. The movies never show it happening, except for maybe the first scene of the first film, but it happens off camera.

Robtard
Well in the books it says it's at the speed of a thought. The movies never show it happening, except for maybe the first scene of the first film, but it happens off camera.

Books don't count here.

Off camera is a no go, as it leaves too much room for fanboy rampant speculation. We could just say he raped an entire planet off camera, or his eyes shoot death rays.

So going on those grounds, Ironman blast the shit out of the old pedophile before said pedophile can cast a spell. /end thread

Rogue Jedi
This Nightcrawler-like ability is shown in the films? Because that's about as high caliber as you can get, TP-wise. Well, Fred and George are shown in OOTP apparating that fast, even faster. Only stands to reason that Dumbledore can to.

Dr Will Hatch
He can get a broomstick, which probably isn't doesn't go supersonic, but fast enough to dodge repulsor beams. What about the blocking spells? He neutralized a huge dragon made out of fire and some weird energy blast Voldemort made.

Rogue Jedi
Does Ironman start this battle on the ground, or is he already in the air?

Robtard
Well, Fred and George are shown in OOTP apparating that fast, even faster. Only stands to reason that Dumbledore can to.

I vaguely recall that movie, as I only saw it once and wasn't fully paying attention, but I'm going to call bullshit here, I don't recall this.

Dr Will Hatch
Does Ironman start this battle on the ground, or is he already in the air? They start at opposite ends of a regulation football field.

Rogue Jedi
I vaguely recall that movie, as I only saw it once and wasn't fully paying attention, but I'm going to call bullshit here, I don't recall this. They apparate behind their mother and she says "Just because you can now do magic outside school doesnt mean you have to whip your wands out for every occasion."

Robtard
They apparate behind their mother and she says "Just because you can now do magic outside school doesnt mean you have to whip your wands out for every occasion."

Doesn't sound like being "faster than Nightcrawler".

Anyhow, I won the thread already, so it's a moot point.

KingD19
Well Apparation is all well and good, but those little darts he shot the terrorists with are basically invisible and as fast as bullets, so yeah.

Rogue Jedi
Doesn't sound like being "faster than Nightcrawler".

Anyhow, I won the thread already, so it's a moot point. One second they were there, then BOOM there they were. Doesnt matter really. Dumbles need only apparate away when IM attacks, appear, and death spell him.

Robtard
One second they were there, then BOOM there they were. Doesnt matter really. Dumbles need only apparate away when IM attacks, appear, and death spell him.

And apparently Dumbledore never "apparated" in the films. Ironman wins via blast to the face, because he's faster and gets first attack. /the end So stop talking B.S.

Rogue Jedi
And apparently Dumbledore never "apparated" in the films. Ironman wins via blast to the face, because he's faster and gets first attack. /the end So stop talking B.S. So students and aurors can apparate, but the most powerful wizard in the world cant?

KingD19
Exactly, it wasn't shown on screen.

Rogue Jedi
Wow.

Robtard
So students and aurors can apparate, but the most powerful wizard in the world cant?

Maybe he skipped that class back in the day, maybe he can, but can't do it instantly, either way, on screen feats.

*cues Ironman by Black Sabbath* Ironman blast the old pedophile.

Rogue Jedi
Maybe he skipped that class back in the day, maybe he can, but can't do it instantly, either way, on screen feats.

*cues Ironman by Black Sabbath* Ironman blast the old pedophile. OK then. Dumbledore petrificus totalus's Ironman, strolls over, and death spells him.

Wait a sec, Dumbles apparated in OOTP.

Robtard
OK then. Dumbledore petrificus totalus's Ironman, strolls over, and death spells him.

Again, him waving his wave and chanting in order to trigger those spells is slower than Ironman raising his hand(s) and shooting.

Was it instant? Na, I bet.

Dr Will Hatch
Dumbledore didn't apparate in OOTP. I watched the video to check.

Apparition is instantaneous though.

Rogue Jedi
Again, him waving his wave and chanting in order to trigger those spells is slower than Ironman raising his hand(s) and shooting.

Was it instant? Na, I bet. It was instant. He escaped Umbridge and the aurors from his office, remember?

Rogue Jedi
Dumbledore didn't apparate in OOTP. I watched the video to check.

Apparition is instantaneous though. Yes he did, in his office.

Dr Will Hatch
Edit:Never mind, I remember the scene now.

Dr Will Hatch
Keep in mind that you can teleport along large distances.

Spoiler: In the upcoming movie, it will show him apparating across probably hundreds of miles in a second.

AngryManatee
When I think of this fight, this particular scene at 0:36 comes to mind.

Warning: mute the video. The idiot added his own shitty soundtrack to it.

6101y4olcL4

Robtard
Just had a thought, the Death spell isn't going to work on Iron Man. Dumbledore was doomed before, he's surely doomed now.

NemeBro
When has Dumbledore shown the firepower necessary to defeat Starks?

Avada Kedavra would do the trick, yeah, but that is not a spell Dumbledore uses.

Robtard
It's a moot point, Avada Kedavra wouldn't work on Iron Man. It can be blocked by the likes of walls and tombstones, so it's not getting through the Iron Man suit.

Sadako of Girth

*cues Ironman by Black Sabbath* Ironman blast the old pedophile.*

Pure WIN...!

Still its better to blast the character rather than the opposing arguer, generally. stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
OK then. Dumbledore petrificus totalus's Ironman, strolls over, and death spells him.

Yeah but you've got to still have a face and a mouth, in order to cast spells.

Now since Dumbledore not have a head, let alone any facial features, that would be impossible.

Dr Will Hatch
It's a moot point, Avada Kedavra wouldn't work on Iron Man. It can be blocked by the likes of walls and tombstones, so it's not getting through the Iron Man suit. And Dumby blocks Starks repulsor rays.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by NemeBro
When has Dumbledore shown the firepower necessary to defeat Starks?

Avada Kedavra would do the trick, yeah, but that is not a spell Dumbledore uses. Ad Ironman doesnt kill innocent men. Point?

Dumbles can do many things here. He can immobilize IM with Impedimenta or Incarcerous, Reducto or Bombada the suit, then Death spell him.

Robtard
And Dumby blocks Starks repulsor rays.

Has he shown the ability to block beams of energy created by highly advanced thrusters?

Dr Will Hatch
He blocked a giant dragon made out of magical fire and some kind of weird energy blast Voldemort made. Even if that never happened, wizard students were shown using blocking spells in the movies. There's no real limit to the force or energy being blocked.

Robtard
Ad Ironman doesnt kill innocent men. Point?

Dumbles can do many things here. He can immobilize IM with Impedimenta or Incarcerous, Reducto or Bombada the suit, then Death spell him.

Ah, the good ole "he doesn't kill" tactic, when all else fails, FAIL. Let me guess, Dumbledore kills innocent men?

Death spell won't work on Iron Man, I've already covered this. Since that spell doesn't work on him because of the suit, it's likely that those other spells will just be blocked too.

Even then, going on the grounds that not all those spells can be blocked by a physical barrier, Iron Man can raise his hand and fire far quicker (and multiples too) than the geriatric can utter words and wave his wand.

Dumbledore is doomed here, face it, technology wins this one.

Robtard
He blocked a giant dragon made out of magical fire and some kind of weird energy blast Voldemort made. Even if that never happened, wizard students were shown using blocking spells in the movies. There's no real limit to the force or energy being blocked.

Yeah, they blocked magic, Iron Man doesn't fire magical energy.

Still, going on the grounds that they can block Iron Man's blast, he can fire faster than Dumbles can cast a spell, Iron Man also has that multi-shot auto-targeting weapon that comes from his shoulders. So that plus to repluser beams from the hands, Dumbles' old frail body isn't going to be able to counter every hit.

Dr Will Hatch
True, but he can teleport. It doesn't matter if it happened off camera, he's the most powerful sorcerer in the movies. Apparating is one of the most basic HP wizards learn, everyone can do them. And Dumbledore can do this at the speed of a thought. So when Tony is firing rockets, Dumby teleports behind him and sets up a blocking spell.

And he could also just say "Accio Iron Man armor'" and magic grounds Tony.

Rogue Jedi
Ah, the good ole "he doesn't kill" tactic, when all else fails, FAIL. Let me guess, Dumbledore kills innocent men?

Death spell won't work on Iron Man, I've already covered this. Since that spell doesn't work on him because of the suit, it's likely that those other spells will just be blocked too.

Even then, going on the grounds that not all those spells can be blocked by a physical barrier, Iron Man can raise his hand and fire far quicker (and multiples too) than the geriatric can utter words and wave his wand.

Dumbledore is doomed here, face it, technology wins this one. I said that because someone said Dumbles doesnt use the death spell. This is a fight to the death, he knows the spell, he will use it. Just like IM will try and kill Dumbledore, even though Dumbles is not evil.

Dumbles wont need to raise his wand, all he has to do is apparate right away, faster than IM can fire, and death spell him.

Robtard
I said that because someone said Dumbles doesnt use the death spell. This is a fight to the death, he knows the spell, he will use it. Just like IM will try and kill Dumbledore, even though Dumbles is not evil.

Dumbles wont need to raise his wand, all he has to do is apparate right away, faster than IM can fire, and death spell him.

Are you being a jackass on purpose? The death spell will not work on Iron Man, this is a fact you need to deal with, your HP fanboyism be damned.

Iron Man can also with a second or two be airborne and miles in the air, he can then use his advanced tracking system to zero in on Dumbledore and take him out via long range, while the old man isn't none the wiser.

Rogue Jedi
Are you being a jackass on purpose? The death spell will not work on Iron Man, this is a fact you need to deal with, your HP fanboyism be damned.

Iron Man can also with a second or two be airborne and miles in the air, he can then use his advanced tracking system to zero in on Dumbledore and take him out via long range, while the old man isn't none the wiser. And why wont the death spell work? If Dumbles shatters the suit, which reducto will likely do, IM will be exposed.

IM will never make it off the ground. Dumbles will immobilize him.

Robtard
And why wont the death spell work? If Dumbles shatters the suit, which reducto will likely do, IM will be exposed.

IM will never make it off the ground. Dumbles will immobilize him.

Why do you keep ignoring the movie facts I post just because they don't favor your HP love-fest?

REPEAT: Because the death spell can be stopped by the likes of walls and tombstones, so it's not getting through an advanced alloy suit strong enough to take tank shelling and F-22 rounds.

Again, Iron Man can fire faster than Dumble's can cast that spell. He'll utter a few syllables and flick his wand a bit, then bang, his head's gone.

If Dumbles opens with a teleport, Iron Man rockets upward at supersonic speeds and takes him out via long range.

Utrigita
Iron Man for the win.

Rogue Jedi
Why do you keep ignoring the movie facts I post just because they don't favor your HP love-fest?

REPEAT: Because the death spell can be stopped by the likes of walls and tombstones, so it's not getting through an advanced alloy suit strong enough to take tank shelling and F-22 rounds.

Again, Iron Man can fire faster than Dumble's can cast that spell. He'll utter a few syllables and flick his wand a bit, then bang, his head's gone.

If Dumbles opens with a teleport, Iron Man rockets upward at supersonic speeds and takes him out via long range. laughing Iron Man attacks from afar like a pussy laughing

OK then, Dumbles Legelimens IM, makes him take off the suit, and death spell. big grin

Robtard
laughing Iron Man attacks from afar like a pussy laughing

OK then, Dumbles Legelimens IM, makes him take off the suit, and death spell. big grin

He still wins. Laugh away.

Again, Iron Man can 'repulsorus beamus yor headoffis' before Dumble's can cast that.

Rogue Jedi
He still wins. Laugh away.

Again, Iron Man can 'repulsorus beamus yor headoffis' before Dumble's can cast that. IM wins the STRIPPING contest haermm

Dumbles apparates away, legilimens, death spell. big grin

Robtard
IM wins the STRIPPING contest haermm

Dumbles apparates away, legilimens, death spell. big grin

If Dumbles opens with a teleport, Iron Man rockets upward at supersonic speeds and takes him out via long range.

Accept those facts and put the HP-anything fanboyism to rest, it's bordering on your SW-anything fanboyism; it's distrubing.

Rogue Jedi
Accept those facts and put the HP-anything fanboyism to rest, it's bordering on your SW-anything fanboyism; it's distrubing. Nah, it's just a failsafe way for Dumbles to win. Apparition is instantaneous. IM wont know where Dumbles is. And since IM has zero telepathic abilities, he will succumb to legilimens.

Dr Will Hatch
Why did Rob ignore the "accio" claim? All Dumbles has to do is say "Accio Iron Man armor" and Tonys ass is his.

Rogue Jedi
Oh SNAP thats WIN.

Robtard
Why did Rob ignore the "accio" claim? All Dumbles has to do is say "Accio Iron Man armor" and Tonys ass is his.

How did I when it falls under the category that Iron Man can still attack faster?

"Accio Iron Ma... *blast to the face*"

Also, doesn't the Accio user have to be familiar with the object? Not that it really matter, considering the above.

Neo_Version 7
Oh SNAPE thats WIN.

Fixed that for you.

Robtard
Oh SNAP thats WIN.

Hhaaahaaa, no. That's the 'snapping' sound of yet another pro-HP point I've sundered.

Neo_Version 7
If Dumbledore gets Fawkes....he could him use as a distraction?

Sadako of Girth

Dumbles(WTF?)'ll be too busy being on fire and being blown into many, many parts to say that though. Fortunately for him, it'll be before the Child protection services can find him in a joint raid with the police.

Nephthys

Sadako of Girth
Dumbles gets IronPWNed..!!!

omgchos

Nephthys
pics or it didn't happen.

And I believe F and G only appeared, not disappeared instant.

omgchos
Originally posted by Nephthys
pics or it didn't happen.
And you say that me and RJ are the ones who don't know what we are talking about. If you haven't watched the movie take your posts elsewhere. You were there when RJ posted the apperation and avada kedavra of belletrix, a feat which she accomplished in less than a second. And the only reason it took a split second was because she had to say the spell. So unless iron man takes flight and forfeits dumbledore kills/incapacitates the man of iron.

Robtard
Originally posted by omgchos
And you say that me and RJ are the ones who don't know what we are talking about. If you haven't watched the movie take your posts elsewhere. You were there when RJ posted the apperation and avada kedavra of belletrix, a feat which she accomplished in less than a second. And the only reason it took a split second was because she had to say the spell. So unless iron man takes flight and forfeits dumbledore kills/incapacitates the man of iron.

WTF is wrong with you HP people? I've already buried the "Death spell kills Iron Man" nonsense, it can't hurt him.

Sadako of Girth
I still havent heard a convincing answer for the scenario where Ironman gets the drop on Dumbledore, unless hot lead, rockets and flame all on Dumbledore's ass.

omgchos
WTF is wrong with you HP people? I've already buried the "Death spell kills Iron Man" nonsense, it can't hurt him.
OMG is missing the point your specialty? I said that the apperation was instantaneous. The avada kedavra bit was to show she could apperate/then say a spell in a split second and Dumbly is 10 times the wizard she will ever be.

Sadako of Girth
Dead Wizards can't cast spells, can they..?

omgchos
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Dead Wizards can't cast spells, can they..?
Bullets can't hit something that isn't there can they?

Robtard
OMG is missing the point your specialty? I said that the apperation was instantaneous. The avada kedavra bit was to show she could apperate/then say a spell in a split second and Dumbly is 10 times the wizard she will ever be.

1) We don't now how long it took her to initially set off the teleport spell.

2) It wasn't 1 second as you imply, the appearing, casting and striking, granted it was fast, but not one second.

3) When has "Dumbly" shown this uber power in the films? Mind you, not the books which you cherish.

Having said that, Dumbledore tries an attack spell, Iron Man Blast his face off before he can finish it, or in the case of the death spell, it won't even be an issue. Dumbledore opens with a teleport, Iron Man goes airborne and takes him out via long range, as he can zero-in on him, target and blast.

Now drop the HP fanboyery and just accept that technology combined with speed beats magic. I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but open up.

Nephthys
Nah she clearly takes her time first to watch the spell coming, then dissappearing by slowly fading out. A bullet or lazer would have blown her head off before she could have reacted.

And it doesn't show her apparating before killing SB. Infact, the smoke she excretes both times she 'appearates' suggests it wasn't even a apparition, just that smoke thing.

Heres a youyube of it- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gn8aKKXkOQ

0.13 and 1.23.

Sadako of Girth
But that implies that there is any knowledge/warning of an attack.

From Dumbledore's pov, he could have just had his morning dump, and was finishing the paper with a cup of tea then BLAMMMMMMM Hogwarts is destroyed in a sudden carpet bombing with Dumbledore seeking rockets, catching Dumbledore mid rectum, blowing his thorax allllll over the main hall.

So, my question is, what, when forced to accept that he got jumped is the smoking bits of what used to be Dumbledore going to do to react..?

omgchos
1) We don't now how long it took her to initially set off the teleport spell.

2) It wasn't 1 second as you imply, the appearing, casting and striking, granted it was fast, but not one second.

3) When has "Dumbly" shown this uber power in the films? Mind you, not the books which you cherish.

Having said that, Dumbledore tries an attack spell, Iron Man Blast his face off before he can finish it, or in the case of the death spell, it won't even be an issue. Dumbledore opens with a teleport, Iron Man goes airborne and takes him out via long range, as he can zero-in on him, target and blast.

Now drop the HP fanboyery and just accept that technology combined with speed beats magic. I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but open up.
Wow your own boy nephtys tries to prove his point about apperation with the book, and now you try to say i use the book too much. Try to look past your hatred of me and form an opinion thats valid. When all of the wizards were fighting and apperating none of them sat there and thought about it for a sec. They all did it instantaneously. And when dumbly apperates iron man is gonna be shooting at where he was. Then when he's sitting there thinking of where he went reducto is gonna make short work of tony starks precious hardware.

Nephthys
Reducto couldn't even burn through a hedge. laughing

Robtard
Wow your own boy nephtys tries to prove his point about apperation with the book, and now you try to say i use the book too much. Try to look past your hatred of me and form an opinion thats valid. When all of the wizards were fighting and apperating none of them sat there and thought about it for a sec. They all did it instantaneously.

And when dumbly apperates iron man is gonna be shooting at where he was. Then when he's sitting there thinking of where he went reducto is gonna make short work of tony starks precious hardware.

First of all, I don't hate you, I barely know you. You are illogical when it comes to having a Harry Potter character outclassed by another fictional character.

Already covered, son. But I'll rehash, cuz it's you. The teleport is about the only thing Dumbles can do faster than Iron Man can shoot, so if he does that first, Iron Man goes airborne and takes him out via long range, with his advanced targeting/tracking.

omgchos
Reducto couldn't even burn through a hedge. laughing
Except when ginny weasly did it and it almost destroyed the entire hall of prophecys...... yeah like i said if you haven't watched it take posts elsewhere.

Dr Will Hatch
And his blocking spells.

Sadako of Girth
First of all, I don't hate you, I barely know you. You are illogical when it comes to having a Harry Potter character outclassed by another fictional character.

Already covered, son. But I'll rehash, cuz it's you. The teleport is about the only thing Dumbles can do faster than Iron Man can shoot, so if he does that first, Iron Man goes airborne and takes him out via long range, with his advanced targeting/tracking.

Exactly there can be no escape from that. Ironwin.

omgchos

He's not gonna say to himself, "did he just teleport somewhere else? maybe i should take to the skys and look for him with my advanced targeting". No hes gonna go "wtf did he just dissapear" meanwhile dumbly has apeared behind him and hit him with reducto.

Robtard
And his blocking spells.

What's he have to do to cast a "blocking spell"?

Also of not, that spell was used only to block other MAGICAL attacks, though Tony has magic in his fingers, the IM suit isn't magical.

Sadako of Girth
The suit would auto track.... You imply a thought process of its wearer that would be unneccessary.

Nephthys
No she didn't. erm

Theres a blue flash and the balls start to fall slowly.

Also, Dumbledores never used reducto in the movies.

The hall scene - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4YjmUogFsM

Robtard
He's not gonna say to himself, "did he just teleport somewhere else? maybe i should take to the skys and look for him with my advanced targeting". No hes gonna go "wtf did he just dissapear" meanwhile dumbly has apeared behind him and hit him with reducto.

False:

Combatants have basic knowledge of each other.

Otherwise Dumbles will open with the death spell, thinking of a fast kill and he'll have his pedo-ass blown away, while Tony laughs.

Dr Will Hatch
What's he have to do to cast a "blocking spell"?

Also of not, that spell was used only to block other MAGICAL attacks, though Tony has magic in his fingers, the IM suit isn't magical. No it doesn't. In the first movie, a character used a blocking spell to disintergrate a rifle.

Sadako of Girth
A Social responsible laugh too, lessening the pedo threat, like you say, in keeping with his clean up the world ethicry as depicted in the film.

omgchos
No she didn't. erm

Theres a blue flash and the balls start to fall slowly.

Also, Dumbledores never used reducto in the movies.
She says reducto and it obliterates a hole crapload of them and the shockwave causes all the shelves to fall.

False:

Combatants have basic knowledge of each other.

Otherwise Dumbles will open with the death spell, thinking of a fast kill and he'll have his pedo-ass blown away, while Tony laughs.
No because dumbledore is not an idiot, hes gonna see this big metal man and since he knows how his spells work, and knows what armor is hes not gonna go for a head on attack. Your contempt for HP is quite obvious.

Robtard
No it doesn't. In the first movie, a character used a blocking spell to disintergrate a rifle.

Okay, what needs to happen to cast a "blocking spell", I ask again?

BTW, isn't that the "reducto" crap?

omgchos
No it doesn't. In the first movie, a character used a blocking spell to disintergrate a rifle.
Dont forget when Umbridge blocked an arrow with protego.

Nephthys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4YjmUogFsM

5. 40.

Bright flash, nothing else.

Robtard

No because dumbledore is not an idiot, hes gonna see this big metal man and since he knows how his spells work, and knows what armor is hes not gonna go for a head on attack. Your contempt for HP is quite obvious.

And neither is Tony, in fact, he's a ****ing genius.

So Dumble doesn't have a spell he can cast to take out Iron Man before he's blasted in the face. Thanks.

I don't have comtempt for HP, I don't care about it. I do find it funny that guys like you and RJ add more than what is seen in the films. This is nothing more than a repeat of the Mutant Vs. Wizard thread.

omgchos
And neither is Tony, in fact, he's a ****ing genius.

So Dumble doesn't have a spell he can cast to take out Iron Man before he's blasted in the face. Thanks.
There is a difference between knowing what armor looks like and knowing that someones little stick is gonna obliterate said armor. Any teenage wizard would see that tony has armor. And no matter how smart tony is he is not gonna know whats coming. Whereas dumbly will know to study his opponent before he makes a full frontal assault.

Sadako of Girth
By the time any study result is formed even in the pedo's head as a thought, his synaptic pathways will be torn apart along with the rest of his head in a sudden and brutal explosive assault.

Robtard
There is a difference between knowing what armor looks like and knowing that someones little stick is gonna obliterate said armor. Any teenage wizard would see that tony has armor. And no matter how smart tony is he is not gonna know whats coming. Whereas dumbly will know to study his opponent before he makes a full frontal assault.

LoL, the arbitrary gimping of the non-HP side is hilarious.

Okay, smart guy, the 2 seconds (being generous here) it takes Dumbledore to "study his opponent", Iron Man has already attacked and is flying home to bang 2-3 lingerie models.

Edit: I see Sado beat me to the obvious.

omgchos
By the time any study result is formed even int he pedo's head as a though, his synaptic pathways will be torn apart along with the rest of his head in a sudden and brutal assault.
Where in Iron man was his targeting the speed of thought. He either used his pulse thing which did not kill but send flying, or he used that little targeting thing that took about 1 second per target. Dumble is faster than that. And i wonder if its possible to hide your contempt for HP you critisize me for being a "fanboy" so what is it called when you will not side with characters from a movie series, simply because you DONT like them.

Dr Will Hatch
Okay, what needs to happen to cast a "blocking spell", I ask again?

BTW, isn't that the "reducto" crap? Point and aim. Dumbles teleports 5 or 6 times than does a blocking spell or does "Accio Iron Man".

Could have been, Hagrid didn't name the spell.

omgchos
LoL, the arbitrary gimping of the non-HP side is hilarious.

Okay, smart guy, the 2 seconds (being generous here) it takes Dumbledore to "study his opponent", Iron Man has already attacked and is flying home to bang 2-3 lingerie models.

Edit: I see Sado beat me to the obvious.
Your arbitrary gimping of dumbledore is just as halarious believe me. Read my last post for response.

omgchos
Point and aim. Dumbles teleports 5 or 6 times than does a blocking spell or does "Accio Iron Man".

Which is another point in the fast as thought spell casting argument. Wherease iron mans targeting is not so fast.

Robtard
Where in Iron man was his targeting the speed of thought. He either used his pulse thing which did not kill but send flying, or he used that little targeting thing that took about 1 second per target. Dumble is faster than that. And i wonder if its possible to hide your contempt for HP you critisize me for being a "fanboy" so what is it called when you will not side with characters from a movie series, simply because you DONT like them.

No, if he's using that targeting, it's because he's gone airborne into the clouds and will rain death from there.

Robtard
Your arbitrary gimping of dumbledore is just as halarious believe me. Read my last post for response.

I have yet to gimp anyone, I go with movie feats only, as I'm not subject to adding book material as you are, since you've read them and can't help infringing, sir.

Sadako of Girth

I beleive the auto targetting capabilities and mulitple advanced flight calculations to allow Stark even to fly are all computer assisted...
So compare how many cycles per second the computer in Stark's suit goes at, compare that to a senile old pedowizard, and see which is faster at speed of calculation and advanced multitasking.

Cause my moneys on Stark and his suit.

Nephthys
O.K smart guy, aside ignoring from me beating your posts, in your mind, how do you see Dumbledore winning? Becuase he can't apparate faster then energy or bullets, he can't hit stark with a spell, he can't get rid of the armour, he can't use legilimens and no phyical of elemental attacks will put Stark out. So what? What does he do.

omgchos

omgchos
O.K smart guy, aside ignoring from me beating your posts, in your mind, how do you see Dumbledore winning? Becuase he can't apparate faster then energy or bullets, he can't hit stark with a spell, he can't get rid of the armour, he can't use legilimens and no phyical of elemental attacks will put Stark out. So what? What does he do.
A: the energy doesn't kill, B: Why won't reducto or Legilimens work, C: yes he can hit him with a spell.

Robtard
Point and aim. Dumbles teleports 5 or 6 times than does a blocking spell or does "Accio Iron Man".

So the premise is: Dumbledore will start casting some attack spell, Tony will beat him to the punch and fire, yet Dumbledore will be fast enough to then stop his first spell and point to block?

That is laughable, truly. Dumbledore is an old man, he doesn't have super-speeds.

Also, whats he going to do if Tony raises both hands and fire both beams?

Face it, Dumbledore has nothing here, he's simply too slow and his hardest hitting spell won't kill Tony.

Sadako of Girth
The Repulsor seemed to blow stuff apart, so it probably would kill.

Robtard
LOLOLOLOL you just failed horribly in your insult. As i was the one keeping the books out of it.

No, you're claiming Dumbledore can "in a second" teleport behind Iron Man and cast another spell. When he clearly hasn't done this in the films.

omgchos
So the premise is: Dumbledore will start casting some attack spell, Tony will beat him to the punch and fire, yet Dumbledore will be fast enough to then stop his first spell and point to block?

That is laughable, truly. Dumbledore is an old man, he doesn't have super-speeds.

Also, whats he going to do if Tony raises both hands and fire both beams?

Face it, Dumbledore has nothing here, he's simply too slow and his hardest hitting spell won't kill Tony.
OMGFAIL why wont it kill tony exactly? Hypocrite much, keep saying WE gimp tony while it is YOU who gimps every HP character you come across. Take your anti-fanboyism elsewhere.

Robtard
A: the energy doesn't kill

It sent those brown people flying back and they didn't get back up.

Have you watched Iron Man?

omgchos
It sent those brown people flying back and they didn't get back up.

Have you watched Iron Man? Actually it sent them flying period. Thats it. Dumbly goes flying and apperates away for sure if iron man even gets a hit off.

Robtard
OMGFAIL why wont it kill tony exactly? Hypocrite much, keep saying WE gimp tony while it is YOU who gimps every HP character you come across. Take your anti-fanboyism elsewhere.

Are you playing stupid now? I've stated it around 5-6 times now.

The death spell will not kill Iron Man; that is a fact. If people can hide behind walls and tombstones, it's not getting through armor that can take a tank shell or F-22 rounds. You silly bastard.

Nephthys
It would still put him down or break his ribs long enough for Tony to kill him with his bullet-shoulder thing.

Dumbledores never used reducto in the movies and even f he did, it hasn't shown the power to harm the suit.

Legilimens can be countered by a strong mind, as shown by Harry with Voldemort. Tony Stark built the most powerful generator on earth in a cave. With a box of scraps, What do you think?

Whats C again. Anyway, I've already shown why apperating is too slow and why reducto can't do it.

No, spells can't get through the suit.

Robtard
Actually it sent them flying period. Thats it. Dumbly goes flying and apperates away for sure if iron man even gets a hit off.

Haha, no. You didn't watch the film, did you.

It sent them flying, they fell to the floor, they didn't get back up. If you want to cry about it, then sure, it doesn't kill Dumbledore, it just sends his old ass flying into unconsciousness.

Then Tony steps on him, the end.

omgchos
Are you playing stupid now? I've stated it around 5-6 times now.

The death spell will not kill Iron Man; that is a fact. If people can hide behind walls and tombstones, it's not getting through armor that can take a tank shell or F-22 rounds. You silly bastard.
I doesn't just bounce off because its an inanimate object, it breaks it. And again hes not gonna use it right off the bat because he knows that. So reducto = goodbye armor and avada kedavra = looks like peeper is gonna have to plan a funeral.

Dr Will Hatch
Well it stands to reason since Dumbledore took an energy blast from Voldemort that he could block Iron Mans.

Just to be clear, I'm in Tony Starks rooting square. I'm a huge fan of the movie and am in the process of going through the old Iron Man comic books. I want him to win over Dumby because I believe in human ingenuity and intellect over somnium ex machina, I'm just playing Devils Advocate.

Sadako of Girth
Yes...a funeral for Dumbledore, since Magic wont affect the suit.

And its far from inanimate when piloted.

Nephthys
Except this is movie only, and dumbledores never used reducto in the movies fool.

Sadako of Girth
Nice one, Nephthys

Star Wars EU is one thing....but this...?

Tut tut...! stick out tongue

Ironically, one things for sure,.... When Iron Man gets done Dumbledore'll have a arsehole like a wizard's sleeve.

omgchos
Yes...a funeral for Dumbledore, since Magic wont affect the suit.

And its far from inanimate when piloted.
Cuz its a magic blocking suit, no. Thats a fail.
Except this is movie only, and dumbledores never used reducto in the movies fool.
Thats like saying if john mclane never used desert eagle handgun in die hard that he could never use it in a versus thread. Reducto is basic wizard stuff, if little ginny weasly did it its open for this thread.

Robtard
I doesn't just bounce off because its an inanimate object, it breaks it. And again hes not gonna use it right off the bat because he knows that. So reducto = goodbye armor and avada kedavra = looks like peeper is gonna have to plan a funeral.

You know, having the ability to crack a tombstone is one thing, breaking through armor that is super-durable is another.

He won't finish the second syllable of "reducto" before he's shot in the face.

Sadako of Girth
Well he wouldnt get the chance to cast, anyway, which is a bigger fail.

Bad analogy, as McClane is a known acquirer of weapons on the job.

omgchos
You know, having the ability to crack a tombstone is one thing, breaking through armor that is super-durable is another.

He won't finish the second syllable of "reducto" before he's shot in the face.
Cuz he's gonna know exactly where dumble apperates too right? Oh wait no he won't.

omgchos
Well he wouldnt get the chance to cast, anyway, which is a bigger fail.

Bad analogy, as MccCane is a known aqquirer of weapons on the job.
Good analogy as dumbledore knows almost every spell as he's the headmaster and ex-preffessor of the school that teaches them. Second fail.

Sadako of Girth
I disagree.

Regardless its still moot if Iron Man gets first strike in, and thats very odds on.

Your 3rd and hopefully final double fail is now compleeeeeeeete...

Nephthys
No its not. It's like saying that if Vader never used force lightning in the movies, he can't use it in the thread. But I mean, basic sith acolytes could use it, so Vader MUST be able to right?

omgchos
No its not. It's like saying that if Vader never used force lightning in the movies, he can't use it in the thread. But I mean, basic sith acolytes could use it, so Vader MUST be able to right?
Exactly thank you for backing me up.

omgchos
I disagree.

Regardless its still moot if Iron Man gets first strike in, and thats very odds on.

Your 3rd and hopefully final double fail is now compleeeeeeeete...
oooooo nice try changing the subject to distract form your fail. And again he is not as fast as apperation. 3rd fail.

Robtard
Cuz he's gonna know exactly where dumble apperates too right? Oh wait no he won't.

Already covered, Dumbledore opens with the one spell he can perform faster than Iron Man, the teleport, Iron Man will go airborne, and fast to. When the wizard appears, Iron Man will be above him, maybe only 20 feet, but above him, in a superior position and climbing fast.

Then it's death from above at long range. /the end

Robtard
Good analogy as dumbledore knows almost every spell as he's the headmaster and ex-preffessor of the school that teaches them. Second fail.

This is stated in the films?

Exactly thank you for backing me up.

Hahahhaaa, EPIC FAIL. Vader couldn't use force lightning in these versus threads. Try and stick to the rules.

Just quit now, you're embarressing yourself and for what, Harry Potter?

Nephthys
http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2008/03/wrong-urinal.jpg

Vader can't do lightning.

Dr Will Hatch
Already covered, Dumbledore opens with the one spell he can perform faster than Iron Man, the teleport, Iron Man will go airborne, and fast to. When the wizard appears, Iron Man will be above him, maybe only 20 feet, but above him, in a superior position and climbing fast.

Then it's death from above at long range. /the end Already rebutted. He teleports at the speed of a thought, as many times as it takes and over large areas.

Sadako of Girth
http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2008/03/wrong-urinal.jpg

Vader can't do lightning.

LOL

Dr Will Hatch
This is stated in the films? Yes actually, in the first movie.

omgchos
This is stated in the films?
Yes actually, he is headmaster throughout the the films, and in the flashback in the second he was also a proffessor in the films. And since he is a wizard and all wizards that live in england go to hogwarts and hogwarts teaches reducto as 3 people used in the films, i've proven my point.

Nephthys
No he doesn't, Apparitions never been shown to happen instantly in either book or film.

Robtard
Already rebutted. He teleports at the speed of a thought, as many times as it takes and over large areas.

Wasn't shown on film. If you have Dumbledore doing this, please post. Otherwise STFU about it.

This fight takes place in a certain area.

Robtard
Yes actually, in the first movie.

It say's "Dumbledore knows every spell"?

Not that it really matters, since it's his slowness that dooms him here.

Nephthys
No it doesn't, Harry learns it for the triwizard and teaches it to his DA club.

Seriously,do you know Anything abou Harry Potter?

Sadako of Girth
oooooo nice try changing the subject to distract form your fail. And again he is not as fast as apperation. 3rd fail.

The current concensus would indicate large and widespead system failure all across the boards of your argument and furthermore ironic accusations of fail are comedically hypocritical.

Faily boy. stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
It say's "Dumbledore knows every spell"?

Not that it really matters, since it's his slowness that dooms him here.

Much like his advocates.

Dr Will Hatch
No he doesn't, Apparitions never been shown to happen instantly in either book or film. You'll be eating your words when the next movie comes out.

Dr Will Hatch
Much like his advocates. lol

omgchos
No it doesn't, Harry learns it for the triwizard and teaches it to his DA club.

Seriously,do you know Anything abou Harry Potter?
Learns it where? Oh yeah hogwats, your fail count continues to climb.

Rogue Jedi
Hhaaahaaa, no. That's the 'snapping' sound of yet another pro-HP point I've sundered. He wouldnt need Accio, IM's mind would be totally his. Legilimens is cool stuff.

Sadako of Girth
But til then....... current movie feats..

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>