The Things You Hate About the "Harry Potter" Films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Sound off..

Red Nemesis
Dobby.

Just... Doby.

And the bald werewolf.

JediJim
Whenever Hermione speaks...Like nails down a chalkboard!

iknowukilledme
Originally posted by JediJim
Whenever Hermione speaks...Like nails down a chalkboard!

but she is beautiful......i like her .....

allofyousuckkk
The fact that the movies don't fit together like the books. They constantly contradict themselves.

H. S. 6
All in all, I've been satisfied with the translation to film. There are a few nitpicky things, though--why are all the spells white?!

For some reason, it really bothers me that the Stupefy spell isn't red.

Paola
how Hagrid's place changes location in every movie wacko

Prince Nauj
the first two have horrible CGI

H. S. 6
"Don't you all have studying to do?!"

Prince Nauj
No hedwig in the fifth movie

Running Mascara
She's in the beginning, before they come get him. But other then that, i dont memer seeing her again.

Originally posted by H. S. 6
"Don't you all have studying to do?!"
for some reason i hate that part. it doesnt seem lk something the real Dumbly would say at all.

Prince Nauj
the fact the older weasly brothers dont come out except are shown in the third movie but thats it

Running Mascara
Ooh!! I hated that too!!! yes

Prince Nauj
no drunk winky in the fourth movie !

Mr. Rhythmic
The poor assortment of plots compared to what should actually be important, not to mention the boringness of most of the films, the lack of spectacle(which is the whole point of the franchise), and my lack of care for the main characters.

Personally, I dislike the entire series as a whole, not to mention I didn't even like the books.

Prince Nauj
Ron always saying Bloody Hell for everything messed

Omgu8mynewt
No Peeves in the ealier films

Prince Nauj
no rita skeeter in the fifth movie and so on

TheVapor
My personal grievance with HBP was the lack of Voldemorts backstory.

I was hoping that since the final movie length was 2 1/2 hours, they had only removed some scenes and would come out with an "Extended Edition", but this seems not to be the case.

Our "brilliant" director wanted the movie to focus on Voldemort's current rise to power, and not get overly involved in his past. Personally, I think Tom Riddles original rise into Voldemort is more engaging, and interesting than his second rise to power . Plus, it explains to us WHY he is who he is, and does what he does. We come out with a greater understanding of him, and that makes him even more frightening than he is. Plus, with this movie focusing on the development and coming of age for the current generation, it would have been a nice counterpoint seeing Voldermort's coming of age story.

I think the scenes involving Voldemorts past could have easily been put in without disrupting the flow of the movie, and in fact would have enhanced it. Hopefully, some of his past is revealed in the remaining two movies since that is plenty of time to do such things.

edit: Though I have to admit some of his choices were good, don't get me wrong, it's just that the Voldemort parts didn't have to be axed.

Prince Nauj
no dursleys in HBP

SWblayde938
seeing the new dumbledor throughout the movies... i mean micheal gambon is a good actor, but Richard Harris semmed more like a dumbledor to me

Kazenji
Too bad Richard Harris is dead.

TheVapor
I didn't like Gambon in his first two appearances, but he's definitely gotten better, especially so in HBP.

jinXed by JaNx
I didn't like the ending of HBP. I don't know what more they could have done with it because i think a proper funeral for Dumbledore would have been unnecessary but for such a mild story the ending felt anticlimactic. Maybe it was how Dumbledores death was handled because his death seems like it should have been more impactful. I really think they should have ended HBP by showing the beginning of Deathly Hollows.

I really can't think of anything else that i hated about the movies. I can't really complain about content from the books being left out because as far as film goes, it takes a lot of time to introduce and develop new characters as well as developing old ones. I have never been overly disappointed with the adaptations because the Directors and screen writers seem to know that the most important aspect of the Potter stories are the characters. I'm glad that dobby was left out but i do wish Creatures story had been explored a bit more.

Miss S Malfoy
WARNING SPOILER
Man I hate that they cut so much out of the movie.
Like someone mentioned that in the half-blood prince the weasley's house gets burned down but in the next movie they have to have the wedding of Fleur and Bill and also they realized that they don't talk about the wedding at all during the movie.

the.kenzo
Originally posted by Miss S Malfoy
WARNING SPOILER
Man I hate that they cut so much out of the movie.
Like someone mentioned that in the half-blood prince the weasley's house gets burned down but in the next movie they have to have the wedding of Fleur and Bill and also they realized that they don't talk about the wedding at all during the movie.

Bill has never been introduced, or even mentioned (besides the one picture from their trip to Egypt in PoA), there will be NO wedding scene.

Miss S Malfoy
Originally posted by the.kenzo
Bill has never been introduced, or even mentioned (besides the one picture from their trip to Egypt in PoA), there will be NO wedding scene.

It's also in debate about that (I just discovered it)in The stuff about Movie 7 and Plus they either have the wedding or find the deathly Hallows sign somewhere(Lunas dad is at the wedding wearing it)

Miss S Malfoy
It's also in debate about that (I just discovered it)in The stuff about Movie 7 and Plus they either have the wedding or find the deathly Hallows sign somewhere(Lunas dad is at the wedding wearing it)

Oh and I would have done the whole highligth to read instead of wasting more space but I DON'T KNOW HOW!....How do you do it

Running Mascara
wherever you want to say goes here

Minus the *'s

Morgromir
the fact that theyre about harry potter i hate the series tolkien spent a couple decades creating a world and some waitress comes and steals his thunder in a couple years wtf! and hp sucks i will welcome hate mail

Prince Nauj
HALF BLOOD PRINCE is PG I mean WTF? why

Morgromir
okay can i rephrase my last send hp doesnt suck but i still have a resentment towards it
and yes halfe blood is PG ? its gonna be cheap goblet of fire was pg 13 (i think ) and it was unworthy of that title it really shouldve been plain PG

Prince Nauj
yes the last two were pg 13.

Lord Lucien
The films themselves. Suck balls. The only, and I mean only saving graces were the character's portrayed by Richard Harris, Alan Rickman, Tom Felton, and Evanna Lynch. Tme along with Harry's irreverance during the Liquid Luck scene. Everything else blew chunks.

Morgromir
the ideas decent enough and the books were okayish (a little over done theyd kill/ meet something almost every chapter )

Prince Nauj
no durseleys in HBP. WTF seriously

Running Mascara
No Mrs. Weasley in Goblet of Fire sad

BADGALcharlie26
films always feel rushed especially ootp it was like what and then you blink then its gone it was that quick
join this it could do with some hpfans
http://www.forumup.co.uk/?mforum=utopianworldfroums

teamB_macro
not enough draco

Placidity
Not enough Cedric

Miss S Malfoy
Not enough Draco!
love love happy

Prince Nauj
Not enough Draco!
love love happy
Agreed!! But also no dursleys in hbp? Seriously they are my favorite characters even though they treat Harry like crap. Not fair.

BADGALcharlie26
narcissa wasn't what I expected I always imagined her to be at least goodlooking and in the film she older and quite ugly.

Prince Nauj
Me to. I expected her with really bleach blonde hair and very pale pale white skin

BADGALcharlie26
I was looking forward to seeing dobby and kreacher interact but yup that was cut out of hp6, and I'm guessing they will cut dobby out all together from now even though he snuffs It in deathly hallows

Miss S Malfoy
NO, WE NEED DOBBY!!
I hate him, but WE NEED HIM!

teamB_macro
the fact that you have to wait for a looong time for the next un. can't wait to get a complete set once the last one's up

BADGALcharlie26
That what I'm hoping for deathly hallows the fact that It is being split in two so hopefully no character even dobby won't get left out and expecially the dursleys they deserve a good send off.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.